[RPG] -=The Arcana Chronicles : Devil's Alliance=-

(Mar. 06, 2012  5:19 PM)Blood Wrote: PM me for some examples... Isn't it suppose to be "I'll PM you my examples"?

Guys, i think it's not about the tags and all... I think he ment ANOTHER KIND OF graphics...

Huh? What tags and all? I don't get it........

@PhantomOverlord- Well I told you it is Infamous Based and if you never played inFAMOUS games, then I can explain it to you:

The Story will change depending on you actions and on how you treat others ( this includes the hair, clothing, powers, events, endings, etc.). If you abuse your powers and kill civilians, they will hate you and how they talk to you will also change. If you help others, you will be praised by them and their attitude will also be good. And in the game ending, the ending will change depending on your state (evil or good).

I think that's all I need to say. I will gladly answer any questions about this topic.

Tag = signatures. that should give you a hint on what I mean...

Well, the reason I wanted a GFXer is because I want him/her to make Signatures and userbars for this project, do/edit the game logo, and make our website logo for the game.
oh, ok. I thought you need some folks to make those CGI's and other stuff related to video and games... sorry for the misunderstanding Smile

If that's the case... COUNT ME IN!!! I'll send you some of my examples soon or now...
I will release a VERY SUPRISING UPDATE tomorrow. Watch out! Smile

And also....... let's welcome Blood for joining the team! Smile
... That was fast ...

Hmm, interesting... I'll look forward too!
Welcome to the team, Blood! Glad to have you on the team. Can't wait for the SUPRISING update!

EDIT: If you are looking for a spiriter, try The Fire Wyrm. He's pretty good. So is the third race, Orcs? I sent you PM about it. Please read.
-NEW UPDATE-
Added the NEW versions of the title. Not very surprising, isn't it?
-NEXT UPDATE-
I'll be adding a new feature of the game. Maybe I'll also add the information section.

Blood, I think I'm gonna need your help very soon. I'll just PM you.
I don't get it... Hero edition?
It's like a DLC for games to extend play time. The Hero and Evil Edition will take place after the ending of the main game. Depending on what edition you choose, it will show what will happen after you choose to be evil or good. Extra gameplay will be added.
ah, ok. I can already guess the ending of the game XD
(Mar. 10, 2012  12:31 AM)O-M-E-G-A Wrote: I'm a game spoiler I guess Smile

Yep. But that's pretty cool! Litlleboy92 and I will meet up every Friday.
Great News guys. I'll be using the Tankentai Sideview Battle System (SBS) for Final Fantasy-style battles. It's great for fast-paced battle actions.
do you mean those things were there are groups of character and mob facing each other, then one by one, each will attack?

if so, maybe it ain't bad at all...
Yup. Haha! I'm glad you new that! I've been making some weapons, skills, and animations, and it's working out pretty well. I'll be posting screenshots later on.
(Mar. 10, 2012  3:08 PM)O-M-E-G-A Wrote: Yup. Haha! I'm glad you new that! I've been making some weapons, skills, and animations, and it's working out pretty well. I'll be posting screenshots later on.

I had an all race class: Berzerker. It increases your attacks by 25%. This game is working out pretty well. Glad I can help!
Sorry for being inactive. It's because of our exams. I will be doing the project again on Monday because........... IT'S THE START OF SUMMER AND THE END OF OUR EXAMS! Now I can focus on doing the game.
How about we have an upgrade system in your inventory. It's where you can upgrade your swords/guns/bows. But you need an item to upgrade it. The item is called Upgrade Crystal. There is a chance you can obtain it during battles.
So you're suggesting an upgrade system, where the only way to increase the potency of your weapons and armor is through using an item that may drop during battle, and there is no real chance that you'll ever get it? I agree with an upgrade system, at least to a degree, but I don't know how that's feasible with RPG Maker VX. I'm not too sure there's a system for that. Also, if it is possible, why not just have the character buy the Upgrade Crystal? It's easier than having to fight monsters for it. (Besides that, I don't even know if monsters can drop items ...)
You can make a monster drop items in VX. You simply set the drop when making the monster. And you could create a whole new weapon and set the "Upgrade Crystal" to change your inventory as long as you have a certain weapon. Like this:
"Upgrade Crystal A" -Changes Wooden Sword to Flamberge
"Has a Wooden Sword"
"Uses Upgrade Crystal A"
Wooden Sword disappears from inventory and is replaced by a Flamberge.

It's complicated, and you'd need a different item for each upgrade. It'd take about three months of work to get it right.
Good to know. So, does it require use of Ruby, or knowledge thereof? Or could it be accomplished through the basic WYSIWYG editor? But also, wouldn't it need an upgrade crystal for every item?

Also, do you have RPG Maker VX? (Just wondering if it's possible for you to collaborate here. That would be awesome.)
I have XP and am trying to finish a game using the trial version of VX. Sorry, but I'm still trying to finish my own game. I'll help when needed, though. And yes, a different crystal would be needed, and the variables would have to be created from scratch. As for drops, you simply edit the monster/enemy to drop it from the database. No extra anything needed.
(Mar. 18, 2012  1:08 PM)Odin Wrote: So you're suggesting an upgrade system, where the only way to increase the potency of your weapons and armor is through using an item that may drop during battle, and there is no real chance that you'll ever get it? I agree with an upgrade system, at least to a degree, but I don't know how that's feasible with RPG Maker VX. I'm not too sure there's a system for that. Also, if it is possible, why not just have the character buy the Upgrade Crystal? It's easier than having to fight monsters for it. (Besides that, I don't even know if monsters can drop items ...)

I agree, it would have to be a long time to get the crystal because of the variables. Might as well make a "Crystal Shop" or some kind of shop for it.