Questions about the WBO

I guess this should go here(?)

Ok, this might just be me, but I think that a lot of people probably share this opinion with me.

I'm sick of scrolling through the "Your Creations" forum and seeing nothing but Sig Shops and Fan Fictions. Although it is good to see people writing their ideas and showing off their Photoshop skills, it's rather annoying. Why don't we just make Sig and Avatar creators just stick to the "Requests" Thread like they used to. (like last summer. When Kai-V still made Singatures and Avatars and there was no Sig Shops. (That I knew of)) and have Fan Fiction creators stick to one single thread just like the Avatar and Signature creators? I think this would be very good for organizing the "Your Creations" Forum, and I hope you guys feel the same/

Could we get this to happen? Lol. I think I just earned Brownie Points for my idea. XD
For certain, although I also highly dislike seeing so many bad 'stories' on all pages, it would be completely impractical to have all the stories in one topic ...
Can you even imagine what will happen to stories then?it will look disorginized
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:08 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: I guess this should go here(?)

Ok, this might just be me, but I think that a lot of people probably share this opinion with me.

I'm sick of scrolling through the "Your Creations" forum and seeing nothing but Sig Shops and Fan Fictions. Although it is good to see people writing their ideas and showing off their Photoshop skills, it's rather annoying. Why don't we just make Sig and Avatar creators just stick to the "Requests" Thread like they used to. (like last summer. When Kai-V still made Singatures and Avatars and there was no Sig Shops. (That I knew of)) and have Fan Fiction creators stick to one single thread just like the Avatar and Signature creators? I think this would be very good for organizing the "Your Creations" Forum, and I hope you guys feel the same/

Could we get this to happen? Lol. I think I just earned Brownie Points for my idea. XD

Well I just got actual brownies (they were good to) Tongue_out

And I don't think it's an issue unless one is more rampant than the other... besides that what else is there to post? This isn't a lego or nerf forum... Besides a few custom metal wheels I've seen what else is there?
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote: For certain, although I also highly dislike seeing so many bad 'stories' on all pages, it would be completely impractical to have all the stories in one topic ...

I hate going through threads where the signatures and avatars are made in MS Paint. It's just annoying. All they are is a picture on a background.

Then again, no everybody's as good as you with graphic work.
How to put a Line through your Writing. As in you would be saying. " MF lightning L Drago BD145LRF beat (put a line through Beat) Destroyed?

I hope you understand what I mean.
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:14 AM)tman14 Wrote: And I don't think it's an issue unless one is more rampant than the other... besides that what else is there to post? This isn't a lego or nerf forum... Besides a few custom metal wheels I've seen what else is there?
Hmm... Let's see... There's Lego Creations, Flash Games, Websites, Stuff people make out of wood and stuff, pieces of art, etc. There's many things that could be posted, but nobody see's them because of all the stories and stuff.
Chups;This text is striked out
[ s ] in front and [ / s ] but without the spaces.
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:26 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:14 AM)tman14 Wrote: And I don't think it's an issue unless one is more rampant than the other... besides that what else is there to post? This isn't a lego or nerf forum... Besides a few custom metal wheels I've seen what else is there?
Hmm... Let's see... There's Lego Creations, Flash Games, Websites, Stuff people make out of wood and stuff, pieces of art, etc. There's many things that could be posted, but nobody see's them because of all the stories and stuff.

until I see an increase in those things, I don't think it's necessary
(Jun. 11, 2011  1:28 AM)Hope Wrote: Chups;This text is striked out
[ s ] in front and [ / s ] but without the spaces.

Thanks bro. Great Fantastic Help.
Why can't we use nicknames anymore like Maximum Meteor anymore? It saved a lot of time just putting "MM" and everyone knew what we meant. Is it because a lot of new members don't know what a "MM" is? The MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF topic is very high up in the customization forum. I do not mind abiding by these rules if I knew what they were for and what they prevent. I'm not fine with "Oh, juss kuz" or "Kuz we sed so" as answers.

I dunno, jus' wondering...
(Jun. 11, 2011  3:48 AM)Meteo L-Alchemy Wrote: Why can't we use nicknames anymore like Maximum Meteor anymore? It saved a lot of time just putting "MM" and everyone knew what we meant. Is it because a lot of new members don't know what a "MM" is? The MF Meteo L-Drago CH120XF topic is very high up in the customization forum. I do not mind abiding by these rules if I knew what they were for and what they prevent. I'm not fine with "Oh, juss kuz" or "Kuz we sed so" as answers.

I dunno, jus' wondering...

Yeah ! I prefer saying the nicknames like Lightning Tank or Castle Persues among others . Like when I blade with my friends[not on WBO] I say Lightning Tank,
Just don't get the reason why your not allowed anymore!
(Jun. 11, 2011  4:00 AM)sum 472 Wrote: Yeah ! I prefer saying the nicknames like Lightning Tank or Castle Persues among others . Like when I blade with my friends[not on WBO] I say Lightning Tank,
Just don't get the reason why your not allowed anymore!

The answer is pretty obvious isn't it...Many newbies/newcomers who come to this website in hope of learning something stumble upon these strange nicknames and "short forms" such as LLD,LDD....Hence they often get confused with it...Why should we be lazy...Just typing the entire combo only takes away about 2 secs you know..Hence it's good for anyone...
You have apparently not been reading anything in the Beyblade Customizations forum lately if you think the "Maximum Meteor" topic is high up there, and that there is no reason for this change, that it was never explained.

Also, seriously, just stop being so damn lazy.
Sorry for being a kid... I type with 2 fingers, I'm not the best typer. Doing "LT" or "MM" is much easier for me, and I never saw the problem with it. But... I never saw the thread or post that explained the change. You always want people to look for things on the site instead of just being told. If they want to know what Maximum Meteor is, just look it up! I just wanted a simple answer to my question, but instead I get a laundry list pointing out the things I said and did wrong. Geez...
The thing is that it is not only because new members will know what what combination hides behind the fancy name. This is why you are asked to read Kei's topic which is currently locked in the Beyblade Customizations forum, and which was quite 'popular' for a while ...

Also, I type with two, four fingers at most, very often too. I still type every single letter though.
Back to the trouble with "Your Creations", couldn't we just move all fanfic to it's own subforum? I mean, seeing as there's so much, it might as well be moved away. Same could be done with sig/avatar shops if they're a problem?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it seems like the obvious solution?
(Jun. 11, 2011  7:01 AM)th!nk Wrote: Back to the trouble with "Your Creations", couldn't we just move all fanfic to it's own subforum? I mean, seeing as there's so much, it might as well be moved away. Same could be done with sig/avatar shops if they're a problem?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it seems like the obvious solution?

The goal is always to have as few forums and sub-forums as possible, but I suppose it might have to be done ...
I know, I've seen plenty of forums which were mazes of forums, sub-forums, sub-sub forums, etc, but given how it's choking the "your creations" forum, it's really the most practical solution (that I can think of).

As for Sig/Avatar shops, that should all be kept to one thread, with a format for sig/avatar makers to write "resumes" or whatever, with a description of what they do, if they're taking work, and some examples of their handiwork, and how to contact them for orders or whatever. An expected wait time would be good, but obviously, not required (that sort of thing could be said via pm anyway).
The thread should contain no discussion, just "resumes". Instead of linking to their threads, they can link to their post in the thread.
I don't really see any reason for people to have threads, honestly, most of the posts in there are really things that should have been said Via PM anyway.
@th!nk: We can just make a thread, have all the people that make sigs in one post, close the thread but make it viewable for everyone in the "Your Creations" forum, and make it all by PM. Reduces the amount of warnings, if someone wants a sig, they go to the thread, look at every sig maker's work, pick the sig maker that they want, send him/her a PM, and then you have less warnings, less posts, and less uselessness. Then the new people who want to be on the list send a PM to the mod that made that thread, and the mod puts it up there.
That's a good alternative, yeah, but that's then a fair bit of work for that mod.
Of course, in my "resume" thread idea, there'd need to be clear marking on each page to say not to post unless you're posting a resume or whatever. So rules being broken would probably lead to almost as much mod-work, so eh.

Either way, it's a bit of work, whether it's worth it or not is up to the committee, another subforum requries less work, but that's another subforum.
Leaving it as is leaves the forum clogged.

Those are the options as I see them Tongue_out
Well, I think this idea to be just OK.... Every sig maker, story writer, etc. Likes if his work is appreciated.......................................................................................
.......................................................................................
........................................................................................................ in front of others..... Not only do they feel more happier, but also their reputation improves, and as you know, the more reputed a sig maker, the better requests he gets...
Janstarblast:
Yes, but showing to everyone their every sig clogs up the "Your Creations" forum.

@ th!nk: Well, we can make it a "do it yourself" process, putting in their username, description, and example. Then that person can edit his example by himself, all the mods have to do is check for spammers (Like mods do normally). But I doubt there's a plug-in for that...