Questions about the WBO

How to make buttons in post like this post.
(Jan. 05, 2019  12:01 AM)I am Victoria Wrote: When will there be a tournament in the uk this year?

Yes in London on the 19th this month
This question is mostly for Organizers and Moderators. I was wondering if I can take the Organizer's quiz with the intent of waiting a few months before organizing my first tournament. Also, what is the simplest tournament format to learn and keep in line?
(Jan. 05, 2019  3:40 PM)ks123 Wrote: How to make buttons in post like this post.

I think the best thing I can think to say is learning graphic design and tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or the free GIMP and Inkscape). It's more of a skill-based thing rather than something easily generated.

I've dabbled a bit in making graphics, but I can't say I'm that great, ha. Maybe alright at best.

(Yesterday  5:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: This question is mostly for Organizers and Moderators. I was wondering if I can take the Organizer's quiz with the intent of waiting a few months before organizing my first tournament. Also, what is the simplest tournament format to learn and keep in line?

I don't have organizing experience myself, but I don't think the date matters as long as you have it sorted out in advance. So you can't take the quiz and try to come up with a tournament later, you must have a tournament planned beforehand (but it can be months away). As seen here:
Quote:Step 2: Gathered at least four confirmed participants (Club Format), or eight confirmed participants for a full tournament with the confirmation of each member posted on the WBO. You must also provide the plans for your first event when you take the quiz.

I would imagine running a club format would be simplest, as that has the fewest people (4-7). You have the Winning Streak Format and the Round Robin Deck Format to choose from, and I think the former would be the easiest to do while the latter would make for good practice for running deck format in a tournament-size format later on.
(Yesterday  7:40 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2019  3:40 PM)ks123 Wrote: How to make buttons in post like this post.

I think the best thing I can think to say is learning graphic design and tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or the free GIMP and Inkscape). It's more of a skill-based thing rather than something easily generated.

I've dabbled a bit in making graphics, but I can't say I'm that great, ha. Maybe alright at best.

(Yesterday  5:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: This question is mostly for Organizers and Moderators. I was wondering if I can take the Organizer's quiz with the intent of waiting a few months before organizing my first tournament. Also, what is the simplest tournament format to learn and keep in line?

I don't have organizing experience myself, but I don't think the date matters as long as you have it sorted out in advance. So you can't take the quiz and try to come up with a tournament later, you must have a tournament planned beforehand (but it can be months away). As seen here:
Quote:Step 2: Gathered at least four confirmed participants (Club Format), or eight confirmed participants for a full tournament with the confirmation of each member posted on the WBO. You must also provide the plans for your first event when you take the quiz.

I would imagine running a club format would be simplest, as that has the fewest people (4-7). You have the Winning Streak Format and the Round Robin Deck Format to choose from, and I think the former would be the easiest to do while the latter would make for good practice for running deck format in a tournament-size format later on.

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll have to go hype up the others in NJ that have been waiting a long time for a nearby tournament.
(Yesterday  7:40 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

Thanks.

And one more question. How to tag member in post?
(8 hours ago)ks123 Wrote:
(Yesterday  7:40 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I think the best thing I can think to say is learning graphic design and tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (or the free GIMP and Inkscape). It's more of a skill-based thing rather than something easily generated.

Thanks.

If I had to tag you
Code:
@[ks123]
(7 hours ago)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(8 hours ago)ks123 Wrote: Thanks.

If I had to tag you
Code:
@[ks123]

Thanks