Questions about the WBO

(Jun. 17, 2020  3:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey there! Came back with a question that has been floating around in my head for quite awhile. I hope this does not constitute as rude or nosy, etc. Its out of genuine curiosity

Being here for quite some time now, I am assuming that staff are capable of looking into the PM systems? Meaning, they know what users post/talk about/etc

Again, just a curious question. I have no plans to do anything faulty once an answer is given

Technically, we are capable of it because of features of the software used to run this website (MyBB). However, we have never done what you are suggesting to my knowledge and do not plan to. Your private messages are private. I can only imagine it would be used under extreme circumstances if we were legally obligated to by authorities for some reason.
(Jun. 17, 2020  3:34 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2020  3:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey there! Came back with a question that has been floating around in my head for quite awhile. I hope this does not constitute as rude or nosy, etc. Its out of genuine curiosity

Being here for quite some time now, I am assuming that staff are capable of looking into the PM systems? Meaning, they know what users post/talk about/etc

Again, just a curious question. I have no plans to do anything faulty once an answer is given

Technically, we are capable of it because of features of the software used to run this website (MyBB). However, we have never done what you are suggesting to my knowledge and do not plan to. Your private messages are private. I can only imagine it would be used under extreme circumstances if we were legally obligated to by authorities for some reason.

We're not monsters, and we're not reading your PMs, Sab. :) Normal staff don't have that capability, only site admins. And they don't.
I’m thinking about going to a WBO tournament for the first time. Does anyone have advice on what to expect?
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:40 PM)Thebeymaster2 Wrote: I’m thinking about going to a WBO tournament for the first time. Does anyone have advice on what to expect?

Expect a really organized and fun tournament full of nice people.

Basically, when you arrive at the location, you’ll have to register. It’s pretty simple. A bit after that, they will probably do roll call. A bit After that, they will call matches. Just listen for your name!
(Jul. 05, 2020  8:01 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  7:40 PM)Thebeymaster2 Wrote: I’m thinking about going to a WBO tournament for the first time. Does anyone have advice on what to expect?

Expect a really organized and fun tournament full of nice people.  

Basically, when you arrive at the location, you’ll have to register. It’s pretty simple. A bit after that, they will probably do roll call. A bit After that, they will call matches. Just listen for your name!

Ok, thanks
(Jul. 05, 2020  8:04 PM)Thebeymaster2 Wrote:
(Jul. 05, 2020  8:01 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Expect a really organized and fun tournament full of nice people.  

Ok, thanks

Let's clarify; you have to register ahead of time on the site. When you arrive, check in with the organizer.
Well one question 🤔. How does one become a moderator? Is it random or there is some selection process?
(Jul. 15, 2020  3:26 PM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well one question 🤔. How does one become a moderator? Is it random or there is some selection process?

Not random. There is no formal selection process either. It all depends on our needs at any given time and who we feel might be mature enough, active enough, and have any other valuable qualities to help our the team in more specific areas. Basically, don't call us, we'll call you. Wink
How do you get a blader passport??
(Jul. 27, 2020  6:04 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: How do you get a blader passport??

Better question is What is a Blader Passport, and why is it no longer extant.

Back when tournaments still had a $5 USD fee associated with each, you could get a Blader Passport for $15 and go to as many tournaments as you wanted for a year for that $15.

When WBO started having issues with its Paypal account, tournament fees were waived, and the concept of a Blader Passport was ended.

Now that the Paypal account functions again, WBO is working on re-implementing tournament fees, although some of the details are still being worked out. It is not certain at this point if the Blader Passport concept will return.
(Jul. 27, 2020  12:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2020  6:04 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: How do you get a blader passport??

Better question is What is a Blader Passport, and why is it no longer extant.

Back when tournaments still had a $5 USD fee associated with each, you could get a Blader Passport for $15 and go to as many tournaments as you wanted for a year for that $15.

When WBO started having issues with its Paypal account, tournament fees were waived, and the concept of a Blader Passport was ended.

Now that the Paypal account functions again, WBO is working on re-implementing tournament fees, although some of the details are still being worked out. It is not certain at this point if the Blader Passport concept will return.

How do we delete people off of ignore list
(Jul. 30, 2020  3:59 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2020  12:43 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Better question is What is a Blader Passport, and why is it no longer extant.

How do we delete people off of ignore list
Click on the little person next to their name.
(Jul. 30, 2020  4:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2020  3:59 AM)kai edits Wrote: How do we delete people off of ignore list
Click on the little person next to their name.

Thank you for that I almost messed up big time
Is there a way to tag people with spaces in their usernames?
How much time needs to pass before it is considered necroposting

(Aug. 23, 2020  7:55 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Is there a way to tag people with spaces in their usernames?

Apparently, yes
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:06 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: How much time needs to pass before it is considered necroposting

(Aug. 23, 2020  7:55 AM)Zeutron Wrote: Is there a way to tag people with spaces in their usernames?

Apparently, yes
I think the whole necroposting idea particularly applies to threads that are pointless in reusing such as anime episode thread. Also, do you know how to do it or someone who could tell me?
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:06 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: How much time needs to pass before it is considered necroposting

Apparently, yes
I think the whole necroposting idea particularly applies to threads that are pointless in reusing such as anime episode thread. Also, do you know how to do it or someone who could tell me?

Pretty sure it's the same as normal. BuilderROB tagged me a couple times in testing and discussion threads.

Also, say this thread stopped being used (idk why) for, like 3 years. Is that necroposting or do we open a new thread

And last, how do you get the gif to show the actual gif and not the link when you put it in your signature?
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:11 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:08 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I think the whole necroposting idea particularly applies to threads that are pointless in reusing such as anime episode thread. Also, do you know how to do it or someone who could tell me?

Pretty sure it's the same as normal. BuilderROB tagged me a couple times in testing and discussion threads.

Also, say this thread stopped being used (idk why) for, like 3 years. Is that necroposting or do we open a new thread

And last, how do you get the gif to show the actual gif and not the link when you put it in your signature?

Left click the gif and press Copy image then:[Image: tenor.gif]

Like this:

Code:
@"USER NAME"

You put " marks between the username.
(Aug. 23, 2020  3:18 PM)Kei Wrote:

Like this:

Code:
@"USER NAME"

You put " marks between the username.
Thank you, that’s really helpful.
I asked this before but nobody answered so how do you add a poll to your threads?
(Aug. 23, 2020  7:25 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I asked this before but nobody answered so how do you add a poll to your threads?

When you start a thread there should be a poll button on the bottom near the post thread button just click on it.
I believe you can only do this when first creating a thread though so be sure of the information in it.
(Aug. 23, 2020  1:59 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote:
(Aug. 23, 2020  8:11 AM)Orochi\s Blade Wrote: Pretty sure it's the same as normal. BuilderROB tagged me a couple times in testing and discussion threads.

Left click the gif and press Copy image then:[Image: tenor.gif]

That didnt work
Here’s a question. How does the WBO make money for tournament prizes?