Questions about the WBO

Hey there! Im not much of an editor on the Beyblade wiki anymore, but Im planning to become active again and hopefully expand stub pages and fix some other content

Will there be any new bits in the future for wiki editors? I have almost 1K article edits from my active period in 2018-2019. I think I heard that there were previously bits for contributing to the wiki, but were reserved for powerusers
(Jun. 02, 2020  8:59 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Why is Blader DJ still on the committee? He doesn’t seem active. At all.

One does not simply remove Blader DJ from power without paying the ultimate sacrifice.

(Jun. 02, 2020  9:43 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey there! Im not much of an editor on the Beyblade wiki anymore, but Im planning to become active again and hopefully expand stub pages and fix some other content

Will there be any new bits in the future for wiki editors? I have almost 1K article edits from my active period in 2018-2019. I think I heard that there were previously bits for contributing to the wiki, but were reserved for powerusers

It's an idea that has crossed our minds, but we have nothing to share at this current time. The larger issue to address is how detached the Wiki tends to be from the WBO, so we'd like to address that before looking into incentivising editing.
(Jun. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2020  8:59 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Why is Blader DJ still on the committee? He doesn’t seem active. At all.

One does not simply remove Blader DJ from power without paying the ultimate sacrifice.

(Jun. 02, 2020  9:43 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey there! Im not much of an editor on the Beyblade wiki anymore, but Im planning to become active again and hopefully expand stub pages and fix some other content

Will there be any new bits in the future for wiki editors? I have almost 1K article edits from my active period in 2018-2019. I think I heard that there were previously bits for contributing  to the wiki, but were reserved for powerusers

It's an idea that has crossed our minds, but we have nothing to share at this current time. The larger issue to address is how detached the Wiki tends to be from the WBO, so we'd like to address that before looking into incentivising editing.

Does that last part explain why GT parts haven't been updated?
Partially. The Wiki and WBO teams are rather detached from each other at times, and that leads to situations where drafts aren't reviewed, discussions are lacking etc. There's a few things that need to be ironed out that haven't been before, and probably the entire approach towards Wiki drafting and editing needs to change.

There's also a lot to consider with the current approach of writing performance-based articles, as these don't tend to age well and you'll find that entire performance sections of articles need to be completely rewritten every few months because the meta switches. It's just not sustainable, so we're looking at how best we can address this and put our efforts into long-term article writeups rather than extremely replacable ones.

But it's a larger topic that I'm sure we'll have internally and rectify in due time, haha.
(Jun. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:

True, but there should be some sort of notice because it could be misleading so some.
(Jun. 03, 2020  12:22 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2020  11:15 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: One does not simply remove Blader DJ from power without paying the ultimate sacrifice.
True, but there should be some sort of notice because it could be misleading so some.

I think a ton of people aren't active from what I see ngl.
A tonne? Blader DJ aside, all of our team have logged in within the past three days, haha.
@“~Mana~“,there’s an account called @ManaTest. Is that you?
are we still going to have tournaments, because of the virus ??
(Jun. 06, 2020  3:23 PM)Mr.Valkyrie Wrote: are we still going to have tournaments, because of the virus ??

This Netherlands tournament thread is the wrong thread to ask WBO general questions like that. I'm going to move it to a more appropriate thread.

Yes, tournaments will resume, when it's safe to do so. None in June, but possibly in July we might start opening it up again, if
1) Local laws and regulations are being followed
2) Cases are declining/under control in the region an event is being proposed
3) Safety is the main priority.
When I try to go to the Build Me a Combo thread, it says that I don't have permission to access it. Why? I haven't gotten suspended/banned, and I verified my account.
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:27 AM)OakDragoN Wrote: When I try to go to the Build Me a Combo thread, it says that I don't have permission to access it. Why? I haven't gotten suspended/banned,  and I verified my account.
Hmm. Does this work?
I was reading some older stuff, and I found that McNuckFuggets was banned. If the staff doesn’t mind, why?
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:47 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I was reading some older stuff, and I found that McNuckFuggets was banned. If the staff doesn’t mind, why?

maybe the username?
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:51 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:47 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I was reading some older stuff, and I found that McNuckFuggets was banned. If the staff doesn’t mind, why?

maybe the username?

He's been a user for over 3 years, if it was over that it would've happened sooner.
Edit: Turns out I was wrong.
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:51 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:

maybe the username?
If so, then why wasn’t he banned earlier on?
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:54 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:51 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: maybe the username?
If so, then why wasn’t he banned earlier on?

It's the username he probably did not want to change it and thought it was funny.
(Jun. 07, 2020  6:35 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2020  5:54 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: If so, then why wasn’t he banned earlier on?

It's the username he probably did not want to change it and thought it was funny.
He was around for a bit, I don’t think it’s that.
(Jun. 07, 2020  6:36 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2020  6:35 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: It's the username he probably did not want to change it and thought it was funny.
He was around for a bit, I don’t think it’s that.

DeceasedCrab liked my post

CB, I told you, very specifically, to stop stalking everything the staff does on WBO. And you keep doing this. Nothing I say seems to change the problematic behavior. What is it going to take, warning percentage, before you stop this?

Not every ban requires a public explanation, you're not always going to get them.

The "McNuckFuggets" username is problematic, as some of you have realized. Imagine having to call out the name several times at a tournament with younger bladers attending. Now imagine you accidentally mispronounce it.

Why wasn't he forced to change it 3 years ago, I don't know. Probably whoever was doing the enforcement of the rudeness rules either didn't realize this issue or thought it was funny, even though it was a rules violation back then too. Every single post he made violated the rudeness rules by username. The second he made a recent post, I banned him. This is not the first time I have banned users based on username. I'm hoping it will be the last.

He is able to make a new account or PM us with what he wants the account name changed to, at which point we can change it and unban him.

It is not funny or clever to sneak profanity into a username. It is pitiable.
when is libra going to be unbanned if ever
(Jun. 13, 2020  8:12 AM)your golden boy Wrote: when is libra going to be unbanned if ever

Unbanned from what, Metal Fight Limited? That's the only format I can see where it's banned. And if I had to guess, never. I know nothing about the Libra wheel, but it took me a few seconds of looking on Beywiki and the rules to figure out why it was banned. https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Libra_DF145BS It's a heavy and good defense type. It is too good for Metal Fight Limited and it will probably remain banned in that format unless you can prove, through thorough testing on a BB-10 beystadium, that it doesn't overpower most other good MFL combos.

It is not banned in Metal Fight Standard or Zero-G.

Next time, please be specific. Making other people do research just because you don't want to is rude.
Hey there! Came back with a question that has been floating around in my head for quite awhile. I hope this does not constitute as rude or nosy, etc. Its out of genuine curiosity

Being here for quite some time now, I am assuming that staff are capable of looking into the PM systems? Meaning, they know what users post/talk about/etc

Again, just a curious question. I have no plans to do anything faulty once an answer is given
(Jun. 17, 2020  3:02 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Hey there! Came back with a question that has been floating around in my head for quite awhile. I hope this does not constitute as rude or nosy, etc. Its out of genuine curiosity

Being here for quite some time now, I am assuming that staff are capable of looking into the PM systems? Meaning, they know what users post/talk abo/etc

Again, just a curious question. I have no plans to do anything faulty once an answer is given

If they do, well, that seems sort of like an invasion of privacy.