[Product]  BBG-16 Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF

(Jul. 01, 2012  2:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Also, apparently Dark Knight can totally be matched with any other Chrome Wheel, not only Dragooon ... That is a first for TAKARA-TOMY in Metal Fight Beyblade, which is odd.

Did the official render not prove that already? The tabs for the left-spin prongs are about 1.5x/2x the size of right-spin ones, and the hole for the crystal on Dragooon was moved slightly, so as to not block right-spin Crystal Wheels prong tabs.

(Jul. 01, 2012  2:59 PM)Nocto Wrote: Did the official render not prove that already? The tabs for the left-spin prongs are about 1.5x/2x the size of right-spin ones, and the hole for the crystal on Dragooon was moved slightly, so as to not block right-spin Crystal Wheels prong tabs.

You absolutely never know what feature TAKARA-TOMY could add to a Beyblade part's inner design to ensure that it can only work with certain other pieces, especially in the case of left spin.
Also, its important to remember that we live in the age of rapid prototyping machines and just-in-time delivery of manufactured goods. Complicated plastic pieces can be created as a single-run item - so even if you see an official photo it may still be of a prototype and not the official production run, which may not even be produced yet and can be changed close to the last minute.
I noticed in that dark knight dragooon picture at the top of page one (you know, the one where it shows dark knight dragoon on a stand with the box behind it.) Anyway, I noticed that there is another box beside it with a right launcher. And the only beyblade thats coming out that has a launcher with it is berserker begirados (Unless its the zero g fast battle set.) I dont know, but I think somebody should try to look into that picture and try to find out what beyblade is being released that has a brown right launcher. (Oh, and my username is weird because I was trying to make a dude that lived in antarctica, and i failed. LOL)
(Jul. 01, 2012  7:31 AM)Ingulit Wrote: With regards to the mentioning of what looks like a slope on Dark Knight, would some degree of Upper Attack be possible if a crystal wheel has an appropriate slope and is in crystal up mode? I know Upper Attack doesn't happen in MFB due to the metal-on-metal contact, but what about the all-plastic crystal wheels vs. other metal wheels? Is there still too much smash\recoil?

Of course, this would almost mandate the use of whatever the heaviest chrome wheel is available that doesn't hinder the slopes thanks to all the weight creep. Even then, though, using anything Zero-G not synchromed might not be worth it even if the upper attack works.

EDIT: And yes, the gold Dragoon looks amazing, and I'm ditto what everyone says about BSF. I really like the detail on the Zero-G parts in general, and this does not disappoint.

There's still the issue of weight distribution, especially using a plastic wheel, you're not going to be able to keep a high enough RPM.

Plus, given the weight and force of bludgeoning attack parts and so on, they're generally going to be more effective, *AND* there's much more height variation, BD145 and E230, so in MFB at least they're going to be largely ineffective against defense, and in Zero G, well, I don't really know but I'm thinking force smash is far more likely to be effective. Left Spin offers some of the destabilisation ability that upper attack offered, though without the same ability to send things flying through the air.

In Zero G, the ability to smash opposing beys upwards would allow you to get KOs when yours is forced up against the edge in a way that you otherwise wouldn't expect to happen. Potentially a defensive ability.
(Jul. 01, 2012  5:29 PM)PenguinPervert Wrote: I dont know, but I think somebody should try to look into that picture and try to find out what beyblade is being released that has a brown right launcher.

You do not know me yet, but you should from now on know that I search for everything, so there is simply nothing to be found unfortunately. We will have to wait for the official images of whatever that Beyblade was.
That recolor looks really nice. The gold Chrome Wheel and black Stone Face are a good choice of colors. Smile

I wonder if BSF will perform differently than SF, seeing as the only difference is the blades on the top...
The article stub for Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF is up on Beywiki :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...n_LW160BSF
I think that it is kind of annoying that they keep using the same heights. 230, 145, 160, etc. I think they should at least use something higher or lower. Example: 350, 120.
350 is just plain stupid, with all due respect. This isn't supposed to alienate earlier MFB products. LW160 looks promising in my opinion.
(Jul. 03, 2012  5:58 PM)Guardiangryph Wrote: I think that it is kind of annoying that they keep using the same heights. 230, 145, 160, etc. I think they should at least use something higher or lower. Example: 350, 120.

120's only been seen on CH120..., and 350 would probably be instant death...

Also, what Syncrystal said, it's plain stupid...
Damn, finally we have some weights :

Dragooon weighs 31.6 grams, which is the heaviest Chrome Wheel.

LW160 weighs 2.5 grams.
Whoooaaaaa sweet, 31 grams! Now to see something showing the actual performance! Thanks Kai-V.
Whenever we get word of a heavy Chrome wheel, I look forward to the sporadic Synchrom testing. Grin
I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these. 63.2 grams is beastly.
MSF Twin Dragooon E230 CF would weigh a wopping 78.6 grams, even more with MSF-H. That's insane!
Clearly that's not going to be a viable combo for many reasons but, with a little tweaking, I could see something viable come close to that weight (MSF Twin Dragoon BD145 CF maybe?)
Dang! inb4 Left-Spin Defense? I don't think we've had that since LDG, and that's still considered "Spin-Steal", no?
Considering the shear weight of this thing, I could see it being a brute in attack or defense. An ~80 gram attacker would be a force to be recconed with, irrespective of its actual contact points' usefulness. I can't see it working on rubber bottoms since it'd run down so fast but the weight should be enough to minimise the recoil anyway.
I call dibs on Dragooon Saramanda or vice versa.

Revizer Dragoon as well.

I'm just throwing these out there.
The irony of the news these days :

On TAKARa-TOMY's side : "Wow, Synchrom!" - "Wow, this exclusive recolour is nice!" - "Wow, a left-spin Wheel that can work on right-spin Wheel too!" - "Wow, 31.6 grams! (implied Synchrom which doubles the weight)"

On Hasbro's side : "Oh, Fang is so hollowed out..." - "L Drago Destructor weighs 10 grams less?!" - "Forbidden weighs only 25 grams!?" - "All the Metal Fury-only Metal Wheels weigh about 10 grams less?!?" - "Damn it, there's really no hope for Blitz..."
I don't understand why Hasbro is brought up in this all of the sudden. I respect the expressing of opinions but damn.

Dragooon Dragooon is looking like a new Libra.... Not in a bad way...
Hasbros side: Imagine what Scythe might turn out as, it could end up like Infinity but hopefully that's not happening
And that has nothing to do with Dark Knight Dragooon, Gemini....

On a new opinion, Blade Semi Flat looks like it'll make a noise just as bad as BD145XF, if not higher pitched....