[Product]  BB-53 Digital Power Launcher Pegasis Ver. / BB-54 Digital Power Launcher L-Drago Ver.

Khel and I were messing around today and found that the Digital Power Launcher is apparently stronger than the Light Launcher 2 and perhaps the BeyLauncher?!: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm129/arjungandhi/?action=view¤t=CIMG0056.mp4

There are a ton of variables, so this is by no means conclusive, but it was surprising because the Digital Power Launcher has always been sort of ignored. Valentin gave me his a few weeks back, so I'm only now starting to test one myself for the first time. Going back a few pages in this thread, the impressions of it have been mixed ... so I'm curious, for the people that do have it now, what do you think of it?

It actually has less full revolutions than the Light Launcher 2 is capable of, but as we mention in the video, a contributing factor to the DPL's strength may be that it has a much higher resistance when pulling the winder than pulling the winder out from a LL2 (or the string from a BeyLauncher) does.

It may not necessarily be stronger than the BeyLauncher, but at the very least, it is much better than the LL2. It's cumbersome, but powerful.
Haha, you looked so bored throughout the entire video, Kei.
But yeah, it really does look it packs a bit more power than the Beylauncher, or at least match it.
Would using HF or F with a straight shot give more conclusive results, like in the launchers tutorial? That's how I usually 'test' the power of launches.
In hindsight we should have, but in general we were just so surprised at the power. The reason I noticed it was more powerful than the light launcher was you were less likely to scrape. There is a lot of resistance when pulling the Digital power launcher so you generally seemed to maximize the RPM's it was capable of.

Interesting find for the first day playing after ages Tongue_out
Lol, Kei. I saw a pretty little SEGA Dreamcast(?) on your shelf when you were turning the camera to face Khel. Tongue_out

Hmm... Seems pretty good. Joyful_2 It's at least stronger than the Light Launcher, so that's a good enough reason to pick it up. Since the TT Light Launcher is more powerful than the Hasbro Light Launcher (Because of the Rip Cord length) It should help Hasbro players when Hasbro releases it this year. (Yes. Hasbro announced that they will release it this year...0
To make tests easier when doing RPM, its best to use LF bottom because you can hear buzz saw sound and compare it slightly more accurately.. unless you have hearing problems...
(Jun. 30, 2011  4:31 PM)JÆMS Wrote: To make tests easier when doing RPM, its best to use LF bottom because you can hear buzz saw sound and compare it slightly more accurately.. unless you have hearing problems...

Or you can use a slow tip for an easier comparison... LOL
When time permits, can Kei or Khel do a few solo spins for comparison against a beylauncher, and LL2? Preferably with D-series tips to avoid scrapes and wall bounces. I'm worried that the 'resistance' is just a placebo effect, giving a false sense of power. Iirc, >4k rpm should be powerful enough for it. Much appreciated.
i know the Tomy version has a beypointer built in, does the Hasbro one have it???
No, it does not. And that should have been posted in the Ask a Question thread
(Jun. 30, 2011  9:55 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: No, it does not. And that should have been posted in the Ask a Question thread
This was never confirmed by Hasbro. Your answer to his question is nothing but pure speculation, Thus, it is false info. You do not know whether it has a BeyPointer built in, or not. Nobody will know until either Hasbro reveals it, or when it gets released.
(Jun. 30, 2011  11:24 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2011  9:55 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: No, it does not. And that should have been posted in the Ask a Question thread
This was never confirmed by Hasbro. Your answer to his question is nothing but pure speculation, Thus, it is false info. You do not know whether it has a BeyPointer built in, or not. Nobody will know until either Hasbro reveals it, or when it gets released.

If you look carefully at the pictures of Hasbro versions it seems that it looks similar and could have a beypointer feature. But since this is Hasbro they probably disabled or removed the feature.
Edit: Also the pictures are kind of blurry from what I am seeing so It may look different though.

And this is as powerful as the string launcher? That definetly needs to be tested by many people to be confirmed.
Yeah, they removed the beypointer feature, I'd think. BTW Hasbro's DPL is called a Rip Gauge Launcher.
I guess I take a lot of responsibility for the general consensus that these things suck since I was one of the only people who bought this and posted to say I found it terrible, but nice find, haha!

I agree that it would have been a lot easier to tell with a F Bottom or something.
Quote:This was never confirmed by Hasbro. Your answer to his question is nothing but pure speculation, Thus, it is false info. You do not know whether it has a BeyPointer built in, or not. Nobody will know until either Hasbro reveals it, or when it gets released.

1. Yes it was
2. Stop accusing me of things when I know what I'm talking about
3. Read the Metal Fusion thread and you would know these things
As soon as the Hasbro ones show up here I'll be a guinea pig and test it out. I've been looking for a stronger winder-based shooter, as it is easier for me to bank and produce a good sliding shoot with winder-based shooters.
You know, if you want to test to see if the DPL is stronger than a beylauncher, you can do what AD did and put some kind of tape on the bey, give it a spin, and use some kind of device that can measure RPMS. Just a suggestion.
(Jul. 02, 2011  1:09 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: You know, if you want to test to see if the DPL is stronger than a beylauncher, you can do what AD did and put some kind of tape on the bey, give it a spin, and use some kind of device that can measure RPMS. Just a suggestion.

You mean a Radar Gun type thing? (Believe that is what it is called)

Also I will be glad to post results for String Launcher Vs. This. Solo spin from each for about 20 shots should work. Then for battle testing I just consistently use the same combos and only change launchers. When testing should I add a grip to the string launcher or will it not make a difference.