[Product]  BB-124 Kreis Cygnus 145WD

Since the Takara Tomy team seems to be focusing so intensely on stamina type bey's, what will that mean for attack types? I feel as if defense types will be fine because stamina and defense translate so easily between one another, but attack types I feel will become more and more, well, useless. I just hope that good attack types will be released soon.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:19 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I wouldn't say it's "dominating" but it's definitely good in the current metagame. I don't keep up with Stamina.. It's a shame really. I need to.

(Dec. 04, 2011  10:29 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: The metagame is currently in an equilibrium, I believe. Attack doesnt dominate, defense cant os alot, we're in pretty good shape.

10x Better than 8 months ago

Either of you guys checked out the winning combinations thread, like, say, ever? Stamina City my friends.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:16 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2011  7:41 PM)th!nk Wrote: Mmm, I guess plastics were pretty bad like that (especially early on), in retrospect. But... (145)WD comes on so many good beys, I think that is the thing. Plus, 145 isn't really useful, and WD is not quite what it used to be. And it's been ages since we've had anything new for tracks.

That said, maybe I am overreacting. At least it is not MW repetition.

WD is still what it used to be, not sure what you're on about, ginger spice cake. BGrin is the "new warmness", but has very little actual use, and D still only suited to TH170 and friends. No other Stamina tips worth using have come out except EDS, which is only preferred on BD145 combos - and only Scythe does better on BD145 than on AD145/TH170.

Ah, well, maybe I overestimated its fall, but you must remember, I come from a day where it was WD or nothing (or maybe SD if you were weeeiiird), so any situation where it is not "the best for everything ever", it is not what it used to be Wink

Stamina is for wusses, by the way. Tongue_out_wink
Well, if this works well, we're gonna get Screw Uranus 230Q'd.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:30 PM)Higashi Wrote: Since the Takara Tomy team seems to be focusing so intensely on stamina type bey's, what will that mean for attack types? I feel as if defense types will be fine because stamina and defense translate so easily between one another, but attack types I feel will become more and more, well, useless. I just hope that good attack types will be released soon.

The more presence Stamina has, the better off Attackers will be. If a tournament is like 80% Stamina and one guy who knows his stuff carrying a VariAres, the VariAres guy will be in first place.
(Dec. 04, 2011  10:29 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: The metagame is currently in an equilibrium, I believe. Attack doesnt dominate, defense cant os alot, we're in pretty good shape.

10x Better than 8 months ago

Either of you guys checked out the winning combinations thread, like, say, ever? Stamina City my friends.
[/quote]

I check individual threads rather than that thread. In my opinion, individual threads show the "real" (for lack of a better term) context of the metagame.

Then again, I am a novice to these forums still, so don't kill me if I'm wrong.
Nobody's looking to kill anybody. LOL

The best way to get a feel for the metagame is really to become a part of it. Bladers who participate in tournaments really get a feel for the game that can't be duplicated by testing and free play. I think it's enormously important.
And that's where my weak point comes in, hah.
Even though it still is a circular wheel with minor designs aesthetically, the free spinning part has got me all happy for this release.
BAH! I'll have you know I'm always on the hunt for blood!

The testing metagame is... different from a tournament situation, main factors being strength differences and mislaunches. Stamina types are VERY easy to use, Defense types are easy to use, but there are deeper levels to it for those more advanced. Attack is always risky, no matter what Dan says, because of the lack of any real second chance for sub-standard launches. And people tend to play it safer in tournaments (for good reason).

Basically, testing is it's own metagame, where skill is less important. The various different metagames of each particular community are what is really happening.
Lol with the free spinnig mw/pc frame. Put a b:d on it and have to of them against each other. It will go on forever lol.
I know that probably wouldn't actually happen but...
That would be one LONG stamina test. LOL
Not really. But Kreis Cygnus TH170D/B: D vs MLD B: D would go on forever.

Man, even I'm hyped for this release after using Duo. Though, perfectly round versus near-perfect but free spinning will be an interesting competition!
(Dec. 10, 2011  3:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Not really. But Kreis Cygnus TH170D/B: D vs MLD B: D would go on forever.

Man, even I'm hyped for this release after using Duo. Though, perfectly round versus near-perfect but free spinning will be an interesting competition!
From my experience, MLD B:D does pretty bad :/
EDIT: Firetruck, hit enter by mistake.
But yeah...
These new releases scare me, I mean seriously, they do extremely well...
Much of 4D (from what I can tell) has just been about beating Basalt... Vari, Blitz, Phantom, etc.
Oh, competitively it's terrible, but it steals spin well enough to drag out matches, and doesn't have a big impact on the opponents stamina, which another right-spin bey would.
(Dec. 10, 2011  3:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Not really. But Kreis Cygnus TH170D/B: D vs MLD B: D would go on forever.

Even I am waiting for this release! Grin
Its a different thing that I am annoyed of TT releasing extremely circular wheels more recently, but yeah.
This thing looks promising!
As for the free-spinning thingy, only if this is good.
For some reason, I have a bad feeling about it as Free Spinning parts (leave alone Bearings) have usually been recoil centers of a bey. The circular shape may rectify the problem, but if it turns out to suffer from the expected recoil.... Its bad for a wheel which is expected to do well for Stamina. Unhappy
On a more optimistic note, this may be similar to the God Ring CWD from HMS. Grin
EDIT- Forgot to mention- The free-spinning part is quite heavy. Its got no bearings around it I suppose.
There may be a lot of friction too.
Then again, I won't be surprised if this has been stated before...
the free spin pc frame or whatever it is looks SICK! id love to get that bey
Why is everybody talking about the PC Frame ? It cannot be seen in any of the pictures.
Most people seem to be discussing the idea of the MW being free-spinning, not the PC frame.

Not sure where PC Frame came from, in regards to the posts about it.
(Dec. 11, 2011  1:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why is everybody talking about the PC Frame ? It cannot be seen in any of the pictures.
I saw Metal Fight Beyblade 4D Episode 138 and it clearly shown that the MW and PC Frame do connect to free spin and Madoka even said it when Cycnus was battling Yuki when Chris and Gingka were battling in the same stadium.

(Dec. 11, 2011  2:19 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: I saw Metal Fight Beyblade 4D Episode 138 and it clearly shown that the MW and PC Frame do connect to free spin and Madoka even said it when Cycnus was battling Yuki when Chris and Gingka were battling in the same stadium.

You should really learn how to properly format your quotes; you have more invisible posts than anyone else. I'll fix it for you this time, but try to keep an eye on it in the future.

I wasn't aware of whether or not the PC frame was mentioned in the episode; I had not watched it.
(Dec. 11, 2011  2:19 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2011  1:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Why is everybody talking about the PC Frame ? It cannot be seen in any of the pictures.
I saw Metal Fight Beyblade 4D Episode 138 and it clearly shown that the MW and PC Frame do connect to free spin and Madoka even said it when Cycnus was battling Yuki when Chris and Gingka were battling in the same stadium.

As a general rule, don't believe everything you see on TV. This absolutely includes theatrical depictions of potential future products that haven't been released IRL.

Does the anime give us an indication of what a released bey might look like or do? Yes.

Does every beyblade look and perform exactly like it does in the anime? No.
Pegasus StarBlast Attack!Haha.This sure seems to be an interesting bey.Better 145WD than stupid 4D Bottoms like FGrin.Free spinning?Kreis Cygnus ED145EDS.How bout that.
(Dec. 11, 2011  2:47 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2011  2:19 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: I saw Metal Fight Beyblade 4D Episode 138 and it clearly shown that the MW and PC Frame do connect to free spin and Madoka even said it when Cycnus was battling Yuki when Chris and Gingka were battling in the same stadium.

You should really learn how to properly format your quotes; you have more invisible posts than anyone else. I'll fix it for you this time, but try to keep an eye on it in the future.

I wasn't aware of whether or not the PC frame was mentioned in the episode; I had not watched it.

Really no one has a so bad English how he ? What´s with me ^^?

And that´s right, don´t believe all what they tell in the anime, did you forget that they said that duo would make air manupulation and now we know there is nothing with the air.

To kreis I would say that it is an intereting wheel when it can spin left and right, but it could only spin left, or not?

And when it can spin left and right (or only left(right)), will it have a special clear wheel which only he can take on the top or a normal clear wheel which you can change?

I'll probably get this, but the 145WD thing kinda turns me off. I was really hoping for something new. Something like Kreis Cygnus WGrin(Wing Drive) or Kreis Cygnus 145D2S(Direct Defense Sharp) Just fun little ideas, lol.
Glowfire1
Kreis appears to spin both directions, but that's only due to the free spinning. It hasn't been confirmed which direction it will spin, but it will most likely be right.