[Product]  BB-122 Diablo Nemesis X:D

...I never said the tips had to be removed. What are you talking about? The last sentence you said is what I was talking about. That is why I said before the tip in my statement.
X:D looks like a Plastic generation Blade Base LOL.
So they finally announced Diablo Nemesis' 4D Bottom, eh? It looks very interesting.
For all the aesthetic comments about the "upside down" configuration of the metal wheel, this definitely opens up the metagame in terms of clear wheel selection beyond balance and weight.

Because the clear wheel is so exposed, on a lower track you might expect to get dramatically different results from Aquario or Bull vs Crown for example. Just imagine Diablo Crown BD145CS grinding the hell out of the bottom surface of Duo 230 or Basalt TH170, or the same for a Diablo 85D against a 145 or TH70 combo...
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:00 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: ...I never said the tips had to be removed. What are you talking about? The last sentence you said is what I was talking about. That is why I said before the tip in my statement.

"I think there is a removal of parts or something." And you were talking about the Bottom. Nothing gets removed : it is simply pivoted, most likely.

And in any case, even if my last sentence is exactly what you meant, then why did you make another post about it wondering about it when we have been discussing it all along ?
The upside down Metal Frame mode just looks absolutely insipid - I do not think Hasbro could make something uglier if they gave it their best shot.

I was not remotely interested in buying this beyblade before, and I do not see that changing whatsoever.
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:06 PM)Kei Wrote: XGrin looks like a Plastic generation Blade Base LOL.
I am way too tired, that was what it was reminding me of, but I couldn't put my finger on!

(Dec. 12, 2011  5:26 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: For all the aesthetic comments about the "upside down" configuration of the metal wheel, this definitely opens up the metagame in terms of clear wheel selection beyond balance and weight.

Because the clear wheel is so exposed, on a lower track you might expect to get dramatically different results from Aquario or Bull vs Crown for example. Just imagine Diablo Crown BD145CS grinding the hell out of the bottom surface of Duo 230 or Basalt TH170, or the same for a Diablo 85D against a 145 or TH70 combo...

I'd rather have metal-on-metal contact, though I certainly see the uses, I also worry about some of the less structurally sound CW's...
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:29 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:26 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: For all the aesthetic comments about the "upside down" configuration of the metal wheel, this definitely opens up the metagame in terms of clear wheel selection beyond balance and weight.

I'd rather have metal-on-metal contact, though I certainly see the uses, I also worry about some of the less structurally sound CW's...

For sure this has CW breakage written all over it, but I for one am very intrigued.
All I can hear when I look at upsidedownface is the sound of every valuable CW cracking and shattering.
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:27 PM)Hazel Wrote: The upside down Metal Frame mode just looks absolutely insipid - I do not think Hasbro could make something uglier if they gave it their best shot.

I was not remotely interested in buying this beyblade before, and I do not see that changing whatsoever.

I saw it and was like "that has to be disassembled", before it actually hit me that they are going to release something that has the amazing gimmicks of "inconsistent" contact points, flipping upside down, and generally looking pretty derpy, alongside what will likely be an underwhelming 4D Bottom.

Ain't on my list either, at least not til it shows promise in testing.

Also, it kind of reminds me of a rottweiler that wants a belly rub. Speechless
Thankfully this is really not the last Beyblade, despite its design point of 'summarising' all the Legend Beyblades.
If this were the note TT chose to go out on, I would be a little bit more than discontent, to say the least.

However, with Kreis showing so much promise - at least aesthetically - I am content with whatever they decide to do between now and then.

Still, I was not expecting something this... goofy.
I know this sounds like a REEAAALLY stupid idea, but what if it's so bad, it's good?
That is simply a really nonsensical phrase, not an actual logistical possibility.
Hm, when in Ultimate Balance Mode, it seems like the Metal Frame could be free-spinning, hence why it hangs that low compared to when the Metal Frame is in Attack Mode.

The tip-changing gimmick might also be related to when the Metal Wheel gets hit, but that sounds weird ... Or, it can be both automatic sometimes, and manual sometimes.

Diablo as a whole should be heavier than Basalt, apparently.
S2D=Sharp Semi Defense?
Diablo's mode upside down looks awful aesthetically. And I hope one of Diablo's modes is good.....Otherwise this will be a disappointment.
Ewww..... This bey is absolutely atrocious. Haven't seen something this ugly in a while. Especially in that second mode, when the clear wheel is completely exposed. Probably a lot of clear wheel damage from this bey.
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:41 PM)Hazel Wrote: That is simply a really nonsensical phrase, not an actual logistical possibility.

Actually, from a marketing standpoint, the idea of "so bad it's good" is perfectly plausible. It stems from the fact that design can only be so bad before it effectively becomes a joke at the designer's expense and thus can sell on comedic value rather than quality.
(Dec. 12, 2011  10:59 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2011  5:41 PM)Hazel Wrote: That is simply a really nonsensical phrase, not an actual logistical possibility.

Actually, from a marketing standpoint, the idea of "so bad it's good" is perfectly plausible. It stems from the fact that design can only be so bad before it effectively becomes a joke at the designer's expense and thus can sell on comedic value rather than quality.

I think SPAM (the meat-like food product) is selling itself that way today...
(Dec. 12, 2011  12:21 PM)bnmmoo Wrote: Diablo Nemesis XGrin have been confirmed
http://ameblo.jp/takahisa4227/image-1110...67707.html

XD
Oh God
I lol'd
S = Useless. XF = lolwut S²D = Pretty much the only useful thing if any at that. XF MIGHT be good, but sheesh. Is Diablo going to be able to show off the Clear Wheel that much in whatever mode it is? lololol. Wow, let's hope no one ever tries an Escolpio/Gemios on that... It'll get destroyed. I can see this thing on a TH170/230 (upside down of course) making metal contact. X : D is definitely going to be... Interesting. Same with Diablo.
I don't see this thing being anywhere in the metagame. It's atrocious, and is way too gimmicky - but they all said the same thing abotu the Maximum series, no? Maybe we're in for a surprise. Maybe not. Only time will tell.
(Dec. 12, 2011  6:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Diablo as a whole should be heavier than Basalt, apparently.

Welp, I'm buying it now.

(Dec. 13, 2011  3:36 AM)Kreis Nemesis Wrote: Sorry, im kinda new here
I just wanna chat to some people about beyblades.
But Beyblade Wikia kinda gives a better explanation of the beyblade,the gimmicks and the parts.

Not if you actually want to get facts instead of the opinions of various 12 year olds. I'm going to suggest right now you read the newbie guide in my signature, and your welcome PM, if you want to stay around longer Smile

This beyblade...is the ugliest ugly buttknuckle in the universe. When I get it I am doing Gemios tests lol. I am excited about the XF. Also Kreis....stop being a moron.
So while it's spinning, it starts at Sharp/Spike, then falls down to S2D (the hell is this?) and then drops to XF? Either that or it's like Variares and you kind of twist the tip in order for the tips to switch.

The thing I wanna know is why in the world TT literally made a FConfused Mk2. And why would they add the BGrin kind of gimmick to it? Flipping the metal wheel upside down just make the Clear wheel incredibly visible which means it can be damaged way more easily Gasp
Heh at least we have a metal tipped 4D bottom. I think it (the material of said tip) really needed a chance.

Because I think the 4D bottoms deserve better right now.
(Dec. 13, 2011  4:09 AM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Heh at least we have a metal tipped 4D bottom.

Hm ? There is no metal in X:D's tips.