[Product]  BB-104 Basalt Horogium 145WD

Ugh, I'm fed up with the SPAM and pointless speculation in this thread. Closed till further notice. PM a mod if you have some important information.
http://my.takaratomy-business-service.co.../beyblade/

Great update from the WBBA Development Diary with nice pictures of the Basalt Wheel.

Although apparently the Basalt Wheel is not balanced... :\
Hey,Wait a minute isnt basalts weight focused on the outside
so it may be good for stamina
and why isnt it balanced may i ask
ya i didnt see that
anyway if it is not balanced then wont it be out of control so it may be baalanced by giving hollow material in all the other places but thick material over there
my japanese is non exsistant, but from the sounds of it they are saying the weight isn't balanced because of the downward 'staircase' design on the inside of the metal wheel.

however they seem to mention something about that being a good thing O__o"

anyone who can read it elaborate?
just translate it with google translate
i did, lol, but google translate is terrible. All you get is a bunch of gobbledy gook.
"This shape is deliberately broke the weight balance Uiru
It's a common sense, but what upset so far,

Eccentricity design performance counter is actually produce super strong! !"

that is google's attempt at translation. see what i mean?
(Jan. 14, 2011  11:21 AM)arkboy Wrote: my japanese is non exsistant, but from the sounds of it they are saying the weight isn't balanced because of the downward 'staircase' design on the inside of the metal wheel.

however they seem to mention something about that being a good thing O__o"

anyone who can read it elaborate?

(Jan. 06, 2011  8:36 AM)Saigo Wrote: If I remember correctly, the latest issue of CoroCoro mentioned something about the "Spiral Staircase of Death" so it's probably related.

I always saw it as anime related, same goes with the missing III.
Basalt being so 'unbalanced' could actually provide quite a lot of flywheel effect, possibly.
Yeah, but wouldn't that mess it up if you're using it on 230, especially with RS's balance issues?
I'm pretty disappointed right now Uncertain Still, the clear 145 and WD look cool, and I'm sure dyers will love them.
Then if Basalt wheel is unballanced then would the Gill wheel become useful?....
We won't really know how the balance thing will affect it until testing is done, so there's no point speculating too much now.
More pics of the Bey, from Beyblade Parts House.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8239/img1423vi.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2739/img1422rg.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, according to the paragraph on that page, the purpose of the unbalanced Wheel is to allow Basalt to 'violently' rebound Attacks.
(Jan. 14, 2011  6:49 PM)Diamond Wrote: More pics of the Bey, from Beyblade Parts House.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8239/img1423vi.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2739/img1422rg.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, according to the paragraph on that page, the purpose of the unbalanced Wheel is to allow Basalt to 'violently' rebound Attacks.

That seems feasible, thanks for the update Diamond!
thanks for the update! so maybe this will be good as a counter then, beef the weight up to reduce recoil etc.

defo buying this when it comes out.
Thanks alot for the pictures. So thats what Saigo and JAEMS identified as the "spiral staircase of death", this wheel should somehow come in handy. However, if Basalt does have the flywheel effect and be unbalanced, how will that affect stamina?
They probably made it unbalanced for another reason. Possibly so that it's not another Libra?
(Jan. 15, 2011  12:22 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: They probably made it unbalanced for another reason. Possibly so that it's not another Libra?

(Jan. 14, 2011  6:49 PM)Diamond Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, according to the paragraph on that page, the purpose of the unbalanced Wheel is to allow Basalt to 'violently' rebound Attacks.

In other words wobble back for a counter contact.
I wish I could have a Broken Metal Wheel, that can still spin, so I could test how unbalanced Metal Wheels spin.

I'm REALLY liking Basalt, though.
Woah, look at how it overhangs. There are no big dents like Rock or Earth.
(Jan. 15, 2011  12:47 AM)JÆMS Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2011  12:22 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: They probably made it unbalanced for another reason. Possibly so that it's not another Libra?

(Jan. 14, 2011  6:49 PM)Diamond Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, according to the paragraph on that page, the purpose of the unbalanced Wheel is to allow Basalt to 'violently' rebound Attacks.

In other words wobble back for a counter contact.

This means I think there is another reason behind making it unbalanced. So that the weight distribution is bad.
Not saying you're wrong, heck, you might be right but I think Diamond's idea seems more efficient to me. I get where you're coming from though, but I'm not exactly sure if that was the main purpose.
(Jan. 15, 2011  1:53 AM)ShadowPegasis Wrote: This means I think there is another reason behind making it unbalanced. So that the weight distribution is bad.
Weight distribution is still on the outside, just not on the whole circumference. Having one strong point of weight far from the centre while rotating still gives a lot of flywheel effect.
The gimmick looks cool, but I can't help but feel this was also intentionally designed to limit Basalt's capabilities. Looking at the underside of the Wheel, this is literally a circular block of pure metal; it looks invincible. This is the only unique feature which would suggest otherwise, haha.