[Product]  B-28 Booster Neptune Armed Zephyr

Oh wow!! I love that design, it looks gorgeous! Really excited now.
Its an HF tip, someone said on Twitter, there's a pic too
Oh yes a HF that is awesomeSmile And another MFB tip(:
Still seems like an attack type...
Sad that its HF, pretty lame.
Wow, a Hole Accel? Kind of what I hate about these abstract names, then again I was guessing it would be an SF gimmick.
Well I guess @[Dracomageat] was right all along.

A HF reminiscent? Eh... if a Balance-Type like Thermal Lacerta could have a HF bottom then I guess a Balance-Type like Neptune could have a hole flat gimmick too
I feel like they're forgetting Balance was a thing, and just made the driver red instead.
I mean, Fusion was the only one until now ..
Wow, again, they're just copying MFB. I'm not even surprised.
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:31 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Wow, again, they're just copying MFB. I'm not even surprised.

Did you expect them to throw away many years worth of research & development?

I'm bummed not because it's an MFB throwback, but because it's just a boring release.
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:31 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Wow, again, they're just copying MFB. I'm not even surprised.

Did you expect them to throw away many years worth of research & development?

I'm bummed not because it's an MFB throwback, but because it's just a boring release.

Who knows, it could surprise us like Quake did, since it could be good for an active defense driver as its lower grip could help it evade attack.
(Jan. 14, 2016  4:44 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Nice design and interesting shape. Looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:Noone said it had to be a hole but the name really doesn't conjure much else.

A word that means "wind" doesn't conjure up anything other than a hole? OK. The name could refer to its movement, or its function, or just its decoration. We really have no idea.

lol, I suck. Sorry @[Dracomageat] – great guess!

But ... I don't understand how hole-flat is a Balance-type in any way. And we just got Xtreme. Lame.
They don't show any improvement at all. Most of MFB bottoms and gimmicks are lame, so, what's the point of creating a whole new serie with totally new parts if they're just copying the same design they made previously ?

Needle is JB.
Claw is C145.
Survive is D.
Fusion is FS.
Accel is F.
Assault is WF.
Quake is Q, obviously.
Xtreme is the perfect copy of RF.
Defence/Massive are WB/B.
Zephyr is HF.

In fact, the only driver not designed after MFB is Edge, and unfortunately, it sucks, haha.
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:49 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: They don't show any improvement at all. Most of MFB bottoms and gimmicks are lame, so, what's the point of creating a whole new serie with totally new parts if they're just copying the same design they made previously ?

Needle is JB.
Claw is C145.
Survive is D.
Fusion is FS.
Accel is F.
Assault is WF.
Quake is Q, obviously.
Xtreme is the perfect copy of RF.
Defence/Massive are WB/B.
Zephyr is HF.

In fact, the only driver not designed after MFB is Edge, and unfortunately, it sucks, haha.

Defense is also D125 combined, not only B. I think Survive was meant to be a Sharp bottom and not a D series, despite its shape. I think Survive and Accel are staples for any series. What about Blow? I think that was unique as well.
I think it's unfair to talk about basic tips like Accel, Assault or Survive, which are obvious choices to start the game with.

There are a lot of subtle differences between the MFB version of these and the Burst version. Claw is significantly different from C145 (and the fact that the tip shape is attached to it changes things immensely), Quake is hugely changed from Q, Massive is much flatter than WB, Needle has sharper points than JB ...

I am not sure what people are expecting, exactly. Takara-Tomy obviously will save more complicated shapes for later in the game's development, and this is a Booster release, which are generally not that impressive anyway. TT saves the good stuff for Starters.

We can save ourselves a lot of heartache by just tempering the crazy expectations. People are talking about metal change and bearing tips and all kinds of stuff that would be pretty surprising to see during the very first system.
YES HOLE FLAT!!! A NEW STALLER!!! DRZ HYPE!
This is obviously Aquario's Burst equivalent, but it looks freaking AWESOME!!! Bought on SIGHT. Love the water-based design and a HF-like Driver could be very useful!
Hole Flat! \o/
Yes!!! I love this tip, finally we got one on Burst! But... Balance? o.õ
While it sucks this came after Xtreme, I'm sure there's plenty of new parts that came after an amazing one that seemed underwhelming in its gimmick, like BSF to WSF for example.

I think if Xtreme is what attack type fans wanted, Bearings are for stamina, but HMC like combos wouldn't be what people want for Burst defense, since heavy drivers could potentially prone to Burst, but then again, Xtreme hasn't let us down.

I'm actually excited to see how well Zephyr is, could add more endurance to active defense as well as being able to evade more effectively, not saying it will be guaranteed but I am hoping it does well.

I too am confused on why Zephyr is Balance but I can only assume the Hole was meant for more stamina like SF has with being part sharp and flat.
Considering how little coverage there was for Neptune in this CoroCoro, it does not surprise me at all that the Driver is boring.
One part I like about being a complete Beyblade Noob and starting with burst is that everything is new and exciting, lol
Even I am surprised to see this as balance when that has traditionally been HF/S' place but hole flat has the same functional area as an attack type tip with far less actual surface area, producing less friction and more stamina while not losing aggressive movement. While it is predominantly an attack type tip, HF is more stamina orientated even than MF so, while not the traditional balance type, this release does make some sense.
Also note that HF's main weakness is complete lack of grip, making it highly recoily and terrible for attack but that more recoil means less layer movement on collision, potentially giving it burst defense akin to a stamina type tip aswell without having to stay in the centre and take hits like one.
Like many of the other MFB rereleases, the new mechanic does change up the usefulness of the part somewhat, in this case perhaps suggesting that stallers are the new stamina type.

Oh and the layer is clearly defense type, meaning that the prepackaged combo is not one set typing.
It seems that Takara-Tomy typically designates the Beyblade's type based on its Driver.