[Product]  B-196 Random Booster Vol.28

time to spend my 10 dollars on this or ask my dad for these
(Feb. 14, 2022  4:58 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: time to spend my 10 dollars on this or ask my dad for these
I pretty much doubt that this RB will only cost 10 dollars. I think the prices for RB's are higher, 20 or maybe even 30 dollars. I'm not 100% sure tho.
Another detail pointed out by Marutti but for both Sword and Shield

"infinite shield (included with 02 only) (1), infinite sword (included only with 03)"

So we are getting both that is cool I thought they wouldn't do it.
now I don't have to spend 200+ dollars on Infinite Achilles, hopefully this RB is on the cheaper side
Those recolors look NICE. I might actually buy from this RB.
(Feb. 14, 2022  5:31 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: now I don't have to spend 200+ dollars on Infinite Achilles, hopefully this RB is on the cheaper side

They released Infinite all the way back with the Random Booster volume 25.
Besides a new Z chip and painted giga i don't want or need any parts from these combos. Pretty disappointing booster imo. (The only way I can see them fixing this booster is giving valkyrie soft rubber like joker's)
I think this booster is actually kinda good. I mean they give use zn’, xc’, +z, +z, hyperion 2, helios2, 2 metal chip cores, and infinite achilles parts in 1 random booster. Those parts were very expensive, or hard to get. On top of that we get DB discs released with these, which is nice, and we get flipping ultimate Valkryie!

I’ll rank my list of picks from best to worst
Ultimate Valkyrie Lg V'-9
Tempest Achilles Xc'+Z 1B (painted)
Super Hyperion2 Gg (painted) MDm (metal dimension) 4A
King Helios2 Kr (painted) HCh' (High Charge') 1S
Infinite Dragon Zn'+X 1A (painted)

Edit: And I forgot to add, now they’re only doing 5 beys. And with 4 out of 5 of these beys (in my opinion) being a decent to great pull, we get a good chance of pulling a good bey or even the prize! Plus for people who get every bey in a random booster, they’ll actually have a couple bucks left in their wallet. I might think about buying a bey from this booster.
I definitely don't hate this booster. I wish it had something new, but whatever. I've accepted 3 months of recolours
(Feb. 14, 2022  9:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I think this booster is actually kinda good. I mean they give use zn’, xc’, +z, +z, hyperion 2, helios2, 2 metal chip cores, and infinite achilles parts in 1 random booster. Those parts were very expensive, or hard to get. On top of that we get DB discs released with these, which is nice, and we get flipping ultimate Valkryie!

Edit: And I forgot to add, now they’re only doing 5 beys. And with 4 out of 5 of these beys (in my opinion) being a decent to great pull, we get a good chance of pulling a good bey or even the prize! Plus for people who get every bey in a random booster, they’ll actually have a couple bucks left in their wallet. I might think about buying a bey from this booster.
Do +X, Zone and Xceed have any use? Everyone talks about Zn'+Z but its counterparts rarely get talked about.
IMO tempest achilles and infinite dragon are the only cool ones from this RB the other ones looks mid.
(Feb. 15, 2022  1:13 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2022  9:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I think this booster is actually kinda good. I mean they give use zn’, xc’, +z, +z, hyperion 2, helios2, 2 metal chip cores, and infinite achilles parts in 1 random booster. Those parts were very expensive, or hard to get. On top of that we get DB discs released with these, which is nice, and we get flipping ultimate Valkryie!

Do +X, Zone and Xceed have any use? Everyone talks about Zn'+Z but its counterparts rarely get talked about.
Xceed’ is kinda like ev’. And the only reason zone’+z is used is because of the +z chip. It sacrifices stamina for top tier LAD and an extra layer of acceleration and KO defense. Xceed’ on its own is kinda niche, but with the +z chip it’s a very fast driver with LAD similiar to bearing, and it’s stamina actually doesn’t get worse since it doesn’t tilt and rely on leaning on its axis like zone does. +x, I don’t think it has uses. And zone and xceed on their own suck. It’s +z that can make either zone’ or xceed’ very versatile.
It’s really good we got blue Karma so we can make Guilty have a blue Disc just like the original.
So it's the Build-a-Bey pack for Infinite Achilles Metal Dimension 1B. Nice to not have to pay north of $200 for it, I guess. I wonder if this MDm is going to have Jawbreaker tabs or the kind that just slip over the teeth.

Any indication that this stock (why stock? really?) Ultimate is going to be any different from the original? Not feeling the white rubber. Black would have been more fitting, or just stick with red. Belial 2 will look good with it, though.

Nice to get the Z and X chips on the cheap, I guess. While the recolors look nice the lineup as a whole is a bit underwhelming.
This, like the last random booster, is yet another catch-up collection. If you didn't spend an ungodly sum of money on these parts during Sparking, you can get them now. It's great for people who don't already have all these things.

I think they're done making new things. We're up to another March without a new release. The latest they've been on new releases was Dual Layer starting in April, but Single Layer only ran half a year before Dual came out.
(Feb. 15, 2022  11:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This, like the last random booster, is yet another catch-up collection. If you didn't spend an ungodly sum of money on these parts during Sparking, you can get them now. It's great for people who don't already have all these things.

I think they're done making new things. We're up to another March without a new release. The latest they've been on new releases was Dual Layer starting in April, but Single Layer only ran half a year before Dual came out.

My kids are really big on Achilles and Infinite is the only one they don't have yet, so I've hemmed and hawed for a good while on whether or not I wanted to drop the money to get one guaranteed or keep gambling on boosters. Nice to know I won't have to think of that now.

If we are done with new stuff, though, I'd like to see them do more "Master Blader" releases where they do more focused combos in new colors, like they did with Prominence Valkyrie.
(Feb. 16, 2022  4:18 AM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2022  11:51 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: This, like the last random booster, is yet another catch-up collection. If you didn't spend an ungodly sum of money on these parts during Sparking, you can get them now. It's great for people who don't already have all these things.

My kids are really big on Achilles and Infinite is the only one they don't have yet, so I've hemmed and hawed for a good while on whether or not I wanted to drop the money to get one guaranteed or keep gambling on boosters. Nice to know I won't have to think of that now.

If we are done with new stuff, though, I'd like to see them do more "Master Blader" releases where they do more focused combos in new colors, like they did with Prominence Valkyrie.

Shame Achilles is locked behind RNG.
I'm here just to say:

These are frickin' amazing, as if my Sparking wishes came true. Always thought that a combination of the upgraded Helios/Hyperions parts (V2 chips, dash drivers & attachement) and the chassis-compatible rings would be the perfect version - at least for me.
Plus a great recolour of Infinite & Tempest, plus Ultimate Valkyrie which I haven't got yet... the whole set is a must buy for me!
(Feb. 14, 2022  4:58 PM)DJCAT8608 Wrote: time to spend my 10 dollars on this or ask my dad for these
Even in Japan 1 RB is 15$
I should probably give my thoughts about this set.

Okay so stuff I like is:

- The silver attachment of +Z and +X, these are great because I can now use the attachments without the paint on them, and they honestly look quite nice as just that. Best of all, people get these attachments easily without needing to drop so much for the Limit Break set.
- Having a recolour of Tempest is nice. I was worried that they just forgot about it with the concerning absence of it in RBV26, especially when that included a Dragon chip. Thankfully, it's here and in black. Easier to get too, as the set with Tempest Dragon is getting more expensive.
- Having variations of certain drivers is really nice, and depending on which one, just anything to spice up the otherwise predictable parts a bit is cool. High Charge' is pretty interesting I must say.
- It includes some DB disks so the disk selection doesn't feel obsolete or useless, and it has Gg of all things, a good disk.
- The Belial themed paint job is cool, I guess, but this is a double edged sword for me.
- The concept of a secret rare is cool, haven't seen that since HMS.
- That gold Ultimate Valkyrie looks pretty good.

Stuff I don't like:

- Including Super or King. Super is at least decent for what it is, but we already have a black Super base in RBV24. Yeah it's not the same black, but it makes it feel very samey and repetitive. King is just a terrible inclusion, it's not good, nobody likes King, it's undesirable. I would've preferred harder to get layers like Volcano and Burn.
- No new beys. Two random boosters in a row and nothing at all? Both the last ones have been Belial themed, but that's at the cost of an actual new bey. DB is already an insanely short toyline as it is, this is just making it worse.
- While the Belial themed colours are nice, it makes the booster lack any variety in coloured parts.
- The secret rare is purportedly 1/72, which is too hard to get for an RBV prize. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the HMS secret rares were made this difficult to get, right?

I'm probably not gonna bother with this booster, except for the unpainted +Z maybe. The recolours aren't bad, but it's a bit redundant now, worse in cases like already having a black Infinite/Super. There's not really an incentive for me to get this, compared to RBV27, which was in order to complete the beautiful white and gold Perfect Belial. Probably skipping this one.
For the secret rare currently, no one knows what the rates are, people say it is 1/72 but rates are only known closer to the time of release when suppliers have in hand.

According to all of our suppliers, it is the same answer of "I don't know" right now, I assume it will be a low rate to pull because of the fancy advertisement but nothing is known right now.

The rare IMO looks fine it is one of the better recolors of golds we have gotten.

I do agree that the RB aside from looks and if you want spare parts or maybe some you couldn't get before is a bit of a whatever.

This RB to me always felt like the filler like Prominence was before the new series stuff.

Just hope it looks good in hand other than that nothing else to say for me
Oh man that Ultimate looks SO GOOD!

I would really like a V' with softer rubber but I'm not that hopeful haha. The beys look great but aside from zn', z gear, painted? gg and ultimate it's not that impressive. HCh' is uh, a meme in the making and I'm curious who asked for MDm.
I wasn't around during plastics, so I've gotta ask: What's a secret rare? Is it like when GT had the rare chance for you to pull a "gold turbo" version?
(Feb. 17, 2022  4:48 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I wasn't around during plastics, so I've gotta ask: What's a secret rare? Is it like when GT had the rare chance for you to pull a "gold turbo" version?

Pretty much yeah. They weren't listed on the box of random boosters. Most of them go for absolutely egregious amounts of money now for plastics ones.