[Product]  B-188 Astral Spriggan Customize Set

Got mine in the mail today and I'm chomping at the bit to open it, but my son is the unboxer-in-chief and he won't be here for another few days. It's killing me. Thankfully, there are plenty of unboxing videos to live vicariously through.
Ok, I’ve watched some videos on astral and here’s what the bey is good for so far.

Astral Blade- Gives good smash attacks, good weight, dual spin, left ties against vanish same spin and semi-loses against roar same spin, right mode is good on destroy’

Spriggan Chip- Dual spin, heaviest chip for now besides Perseus, teeth would be better off with a dash driver, but doesn’t really matter

Armor 0- Idk much about the armor, it’s around the same weight as 10 I think, but idk much else

Disc Over- Heaviest DB disc, good stamina, overall balanced, it’s a bit lower than most DB discs so scraping is something you should take into account

Driver Quattro- Is able to destabilize some drivers, good overall stamina. Decent attack and defense. Good LAD. Very tall.
My idea to Astral Spriggan:
Spriggan Core: teeth not very good. The last click seems only able to be half-locked so it leads to burst resistance issues. And its top piece is too thin and there is little space for pattern design so it looks very one-dimensional.
Astral Blade: Very good blade. It has very good attack and stamina potential due to the high OWD given by the metal pieces.
0 Armor and Ov Disc: haven't done a thorough comparison with other armors and discs but I think they have decent stamina and defense.
Quattro Driver: this part surprised me a lot. I thought it was just a trash Driver like Zeta but it is actually pretty good in Stamina and Defense Mode. It has almost the same level of LAD as Atomic or maybe it is even a little better (It can out-spin Hy or Ig' combos in opposite-spin-direction matches). But Its attack mode and Balance mode are very uncontrollable, that it keeps running out of the stadium no matter at what angle or position I launch the Bey.
Overall this is an acceptable Bey, and Astral is a really good part.
biggest question. competitive or not?
(Aug. 17, 2021  8:28 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: biggest question. competitive or not?

Astral and Over are the best parts here. I find that Over helps Bearing’s performance like Tapered does, and Over also could be better than Giga since it is both heavier and has a better shape for stamina. Astral, from my testing, is better than Vanish for stamina, making it top tier for left spin stamina at least. It’s right spin stamina also seems good.
(Aug. 17, 2021  8:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  8:28 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: biggest question. competitive or not?

Astral and Over are the best parts here. I find that Over helps Bearing’s performance like Tapered does, and Over also could be better than Giga since it is both heavier and has a better shape for stamina. Astral, from my testing, is better than Vanish for stamina, making it top tier for left spin stamina at least. It’s right spin stamina also seems good.

Sounds promising, I have two questions though: How low does Quattro hang in its different modes (does it really scrape a lot?), and is it true that Spriggan has lower-than-average Burst Resistance?
(Aug. 17, 2021  9:50 PM)PinkRose Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  8:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Astral and Over are the best parts here. I find that Over helps Bearing’s performance like Tapered does, and Over also could be better than Giga since it is both heavier and has a better shape for stamina. Astral, from my testing, is better than Vanish for stamina, making it top tier for left spin stamina at least. It’s right spin stamina also seems good.

Sounds promising, I have two questions though: How low does Quattro hang in its different modes (does it really scrape a lot?), and is it true that Spriggan has lower-than-average Burst Resistance?

id say they are Legend Spriggan/Spriggan Requiem level teeth but slightly weaker. i dont really see a difference in the Qt modes tho
(Aug. 17, 2021  10:03 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  9:50 PM)PinkRose Wrote: Sounds promising, I have two questions though: How low does Quattro hang in its different modes (does it really scrape a lot?), and is it true that Spriggan has lower-than-average Burst Resistance?

id say they are Legend Spriggan/Spriggan Requiem level teeth but slightly weaker. i dont really see a difference in the Qt modes tho

Interesting; looks like they were going for a trade-off approach, where it’s Dual-spin capabilities for slightly worse Burst Res. Glad to know Quattro doesn’t scrape as much as people said.
(Aug. 17, 2021  8:31 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

So i want to use belial on the starting battles of my next tournament, if i want it good against right and left spinning beys should I take over instead of giga?
Yes, my Belial combo that I used in both Overly Complicated Rules and Welcome to NC Son Goku use 0 Over and beat left spins and right spins.
(Aug. 17, 2021  11:00 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Yes, my Belial combo that I used in both Overly Complicated Rules and Welcome to NC Son Goku use 0 Over and beat left spins and right spins.
thank you. was going to order a giga tomorrow but instead i will buy the spriggan set, thanks.
(Aug. 17, 2021  11:25 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  11:00 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: Yes, my Belial combo that I used in both Overly Complicated Rules and Welcome to NC Son Goku use 0 Over and beat left spins and right spins.
thank you. was going to order a giga tomorrow but instead i will buy the spriggan set, thanks.

Giga is still a welcome addition to every competitive collection bc it's the shortest (=the least scrape-susceptible) DB disc so far
(Aug. 18, 2021  12:29 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2021  11:25 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: thank you. was going to order a giga tomorrow but instead i will buy the spriggan set, thanks.

Giga is still a welcome addition to every competitive collection bc it's the shortest (=the least scrape-susceptible) DB disc so far
so over is scrape susceptible?
Speaking of scrapes, I've been having fun with the Nexus + S. It makes my beys drift and glide around the stadium when fixed, and it's pretty fantastic to watch.
Of course, it wastes all stamina and even if it hits a bey it is not going to hit hard, but it's fun to watch a bey go from zero to one hundred.
(Aug. 18, 2021  1:47 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2021  12:29 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote: Giga is still a welcome addition to every competitive collection bc it's the shortest (=the least scrape-susceptible) DB disc so far
so over is scrape susceptible?

Definitely more than Giga, I'd say somewhere at the level of Tapered, maybe scrapes won't even kill stamina too bad bc of its perfectly round shape but there's still a risk that bey on relatively low driver will go insane upon the very first disc-stadium contact
(Aug. 18, 2021  8:59 PM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2021  1:47 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: so over is scrape susceptible?

Definitely more than Giga, I'd say somewhere at the level of Tapered, maybe scrapes won't even kill stamina too bad bc of its perfectly round shape but there's still a risk that bey on relatively low driver will go insane upon the very first disc-stadium contact
yeah true and most likely it will only scrape at the near end but then at the same time it being a bit lower could help the center of gravity which should probably make it spin longer too if i remember compared to giga. also i’m probably only using this on a drift combo so scraping really doesn’t worry that much.
So Quattro could be a good driver? being able to adapt? Especially in balance oriented beys
hope i get my hands on this 😏
Mine finally arrived, and I'm absolutely in love with the Quattro driver! It finally feels like a true balance-type part.
Also a side note, the rubber on Metal Xtreme is incredibly hard, to the point where I almost thought it might be plastic.
(Aug. 20, 2021  7:57 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Mine finally arrived, and I'm absolutely in love with the Quattro driver! It finally feels like a true balance-type part.
Also a side note, the rubber on Metal Xtreme is incredibly hard, to the point where I almost thought it might be plastic.

Quattro has only one problem, weak springs. I tested it with unite. The clicks were more harder with unite on it. But despite that, quattro is great.
would pickign this up for over instead of giga be good?
(Aug. 20, 2021  1:36 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: would pickign this up for over instead of giga be good?

Over seems to be about equal to Giga from my testing, except Over has a better shape than Giga, so when it comes to LAD I believe Over is better.
(Aug. 20, 2021  2:09 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2021  1:36 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: would pickign this up for over instead of giga be good?

Over seems to be about equal to Giga from my testing, except Over has a better shape than Giga, so when it comes to LAD I believe Over is better.
thanks i’m in between picking this for 35 or a giga for 5. (i’m using a coupon code so that’s why both are cheap)
(Aug. 20, 2021  2:11 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2021  2:09 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Over seems to be about equal to Giga from my testing, except Over has a better shape than Giga, so when it comes to LAD I believe Over is better.
thanks i’m in between picking this for 35 or a giga for 5. (i’m using a coupon code so that’s why both are cheap)

You’re getting more than just over from the customize set. You’re also getting Astral, a great blade, as well as Spriggan, which is a solid chip, as well as Quattro, a fun driver that’s actually kinda competitive.
(Aug. 20, 2021  8:00 AM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2021  7:57 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Mine finally arrived, and I'm absolutely in love with the Quattro driver! It finally feels like a true balance-type part.

Quattro has only one problem, weak springs. I tested it with unite. The clicks were more harder with unite on it. But despite that, quattro is great.

At least it can still be used on Sparking beys, since the double chassis would make up for the weaker spring.