[Product]  B-156 Random Booster 18

(Nov. 06, 2019  9:51 PM)7upZ Wrote: If is the last series then it would be criminal if they didn't include Iron' in this booster. It outclasses all non rubber flat tips and deserves more use.

We should also get Evolution'
(Nov. 06, 2019  9:51 PM)7upZ Wrote: If is the last series then it would be criminal if they didn't include Iron' in this booster. It outclasses all non rubber flat tips and deserves more use.

There are listings for Beyblade products coming out next year, so there's a chance that Iron' comes out then. I think the original Iron had a weaker spring because TT knew it would be good at Tornado Stalling, so that's the only reason I could see them avoiding it, althoguh Zephyr' is a thing.
(Nov. 06, 2019  10:04 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

There are listings for Beyblade products coming out next year, so there's a chance that Iron' comes out then. I think the original Iron had a weaker spring because TT knew it would be good at Tornado Stalling, so that's the only reason I could see them avoiding it, althoguh Zephyr' is a thing.

If anything else, Iron is still better since it can maintain an aggressive flower pattern better than Zephyr, while having similar Stamina capabilities and weighing more. The weak spring is the only thing keeping it from being a total upgrade.

Hasbro's Iron doesn't seem to have that weak lock, which could make it very strong for a Hasbro-only format, though that's super dead.
since they did Keep' in the previous RB, it would be cool to see other defense or maybe some stamina drivers get a ' variant in this new random booster

my wishlist: Evolution', Defense', Operate', Quest', Trick', Friction' and Bullet'
(Nov. 08, 2019  2:37 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: since they did Keep' in the previous RB, it would be cool to see other defense or maybe some stamina drivers get a ' variant in this new random booster

my wishlist: Evolution', Defense', Operate', Quest', Trick', Friction' and Bullet'

The issue with doing it to too many Defense/Stamina type drivers is that it provides more opportunities to the defensive end to bolster burst resistance, which undoes all they've been doing to bring Attack back into the game. If a high-LAD driver gets a ' variant, it's basically toast for the Burst metagame. As it is Keep' is viable enough, but doesn't really harm the metagame by much due to its middling Stamina and low LAD, so it's not a real threat like many other drivers could be.

Evolution in general needs a rerelease, whether it's in ' form or not. Same applies to Bullet, and maybe Trick as it's only gotten 2 releases thus far. If I see Operate again, they better give it a unique color this time around. I'm tired of "slightly different shade of red/pink" for Operate.

Quest' would be super safe akin to Keep' in practice, but it's also theoretically near-infinite Defense paired with ridiculous burst resistance, which sounds dangerous (if Quest didn't totally suck in practice. Still theoretically a massive threat though, especially since Go is a thing now for Judgement).

Defense was a decent option in the day, and although it's lacking nowadays I don't think Defense/Stamina should have a driver even that solid as an option.

Friction, like all other POM-based drivers, already has increased burst resistance. Originally seen back with Yielding, the smooth POM surface gets knocked around more easily, but that means that energy that would go into the layer ibecomes momentum instead, lowering the forces the layer has to deal with. Combined with a ' driver's spring, Friction' would have the bona-fide strongest burst resistance out of any driver in the game, and although it's still not very good I don't think any sort of stationary driver should ever have burst resistance that strong. Same thing applies to Yielding, as either could stonewall any combo based on causing burst wins as a primary wincon with altogether too much ease.

Missing from the Attack/Balance type list is Impact', Iron', Tower', αnchor', Sword', Charge', and the parts you mentioned above (Evolution', Operate', Trick', and Bullet'). All of those could easily get a ' equivalent without any real hiccups.

Power' doesn't make much sense sadly, as the stronger spring would make it difficult for its gimmick to work right, and Xtend' is a serious hazard if it's compatible with the Xtend+ chip and would be a meta destroying combo. Aside from these two Attack/Balance type drivers, I can easily see the others getting ' variations eventually. Iron' in particular would be wonderful, as Iron is a great driver locked behind a terrible spring lock.
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: .

Quest' would be super safe akin to Keep' in practice, but it's also theoretically near-infinite Defense paired with ridiculous burst resistance, which sounds dangerous (if Quest didn't totally suck in practice. Still theoretically a massive threat though, especially since Go is a thing now for Judgement).

How is Go advantageous to Judgement?
(Nov. 06, 2019  10:50 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2019  10:04 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: There are listings for Beyblade products coming out next year, so there's a chance that Iron' comes out then. I think the original Iron had a weaker spring because TT knew it would be good at Tornado Stalling, so that's the only reason I could see them avoiding it, althoguh Zephyr' is a thing.

If anything else, Iron is still better since it can maintain an aggressive flower pattern better than Zephyr, while having similar Stamina capabilities and weighing more. The weak spring is the only thing keeping it from being a total upgrade.

Hasbro's Iron doesn't seem to have that weak lock, which could make it very strong for a Hasbro-only format, though that's super dead.

Wouldn't Hasbro Iron be really good for classic, considering that it has great stamina? Basically a good Accel.
Personally, I'd like to see Iron', Charge', and Tower'. Tower' would be fun for playing with height variation (however slight it may be) while Charge' could just be slapped on anything heavy to make a mobile sledgehammer. Iron' would be similar, but wouldn't scrape when riding the TR and so would be best for stalling combos.
Charge' sounds like fun. Combine it with something like Judgement Spriggan 0Wall Metsu and you’ve got yourself a spinning sledgehammer of death!
Hopefully the new RBV carries full KO & Poison combos
(Nov. 15, 2019  1:21 AM)Elreed Wrote: Charge' sounds like fun. Combine it with something like Judgement Spriggan 0Wall Metsu and you’ve got yourself a spinning sledgehammer of death!

Knockout/Zwei Diabolos.00B.Ch'

Heavy boi hits like a truck!
No idea where the original source is, but here is a pic for this random booster
We can see two beys have new Base, which looks like Alter Chronos and seems to be left spin again.
Also, we should have Dragoon Victory, Draciel Fortress, Heaven, Erase, Poison and Dread.

[Image: 76991422_714112379083504_642381992562576...e=5E52C598]
(Nov. 15, 2019  5:55 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: No idea where the original source is, but here is a pic for this random booster
We can see two beys have new Base, which looks like Alter Chronos and seems to be left spin again.
Also, we should have Dragoon Victory, Draciel Fortress, Heaven, Erase, Poison and Dread.

[Image: 76991422_714112379083504_642381992562576...e=5E52C598]

Interesting. I believe the other one is the Balance Starter B-155. Actually, it somewhat looks like Achilles imo, but I don't think it could be since UA came out somewhat recently
My theory is that, the new Base in the Random Booster might be an alternative part of the new Diabolos for left spin... It has five blades, just like Erase.
(Nov. 15, 2019  6:09 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: My theory is that, the new Base in the Random Booster might be an alternative part of the new Diabolos for left spin... It has five blades, just like Erase.

That would make sense, however it's another marketing scheme. You have to buy B-155 and get the prize Bey to get the full Diabolos
(Nov. 15, 2019  6:12 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2019  6:09 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: My theory is that, the new Base in the Random Booster might be an alternative part of the new Diabolos for left spin... It has five blades, just like Erase.

That would make sense, however it's another marketing scheme. You have to buy B-155 and get the prize Bey to get the full Diabolos

We've seem similar things on Buster Xcalibur and Geist Fafnir... And you know, Venom Diabolos have Erase to realize left spin, but we cannot see an alternative Base in the silhouette of the new Diabolos. I don't think this feature would be for get, so...
(Nov. 13, 2019  6:29 PM)Biggster Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2019  9:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: .

How is Go advantageous to Judgement?

The same way Sieg Xcaliber's imbalance improved its attack: Wobbling makes one side act like a flail with more offensive power than normal, but this strategy costs stamina and makes it more likely for the imbalanced combo to burst (though Judgement stops this with its rubber brake).

Honestly though, I'm really happy to see Draciel Fortress, given how hard it is to get right now. Recolors of Poison and Heaven are also well due.

Meanwhile, this prize base looks... sorta bad. Too smooth for real Attack power, too many sizable gaps for Defense. It looks like a failed design, so I hope whatever other parts it has are good. I've heard a rumor that this might be the base for a new Diabolos, in which case it might have the Diabolos chip which would be excellent to see.

(Nov. 13, 2019  9:54 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2019  10:50 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: If anything else, Iron is still better since it can maintain an aggressive flower pattern better than Zephyr, while having similar Stamina capabilities and weighing more. The weak spring is the only thing keeping it from being a total upgrade.

Wouldn't Hasbro Iron be really good for classic, considering that it has great stamina? Basically a good Accel.

It's one of those things that seems plausible to me, except it seems like Iron does better as an all-out attack driver. TT does Mobile Defense better than Hasbro, while Hasbro's Iron could potentially see use in aggressive combos to provide a powerful yet higher Stamina alternative to Xtreme.
超万能バランスベイ! translates to Chō ban'nō baransubei! or Super universal balance bay!
This sounds so accurate to Cho-Z Achilles with the six modes and the fact that the left side bey’s long blades are extended out so far with shields on each side that it might as well be an Achilles as the last boss instead of a Defense Type.
Actually, that silhouette IS ACHILLES!
At first I was thinking Achilles, but now I'm gunna have to go with Diabolos.
(Nov. 15, 2019  7:01 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: 超万能バランスベイ! translates to Chō ban'nō baransubei! or Super universal balance bay!
This sounds so accurate to Cho-Z Achilles with the six modes and the fact that the left side bey’s long blades are extended out so far with shields on each side that it might as well be an Achilles as the last boss instead of a Defense Type.
Actually, that silhouette IS ACHILLES!

What are you on about? This is a random booster, not the final boss booster.

Also, as a note, presuming that the prize layer spins left like it appears... that means we're looking at 5 left-spin beys, even more than the last random booster.

One is the plastic-gen Dragoon V and has no GT chip... but with only Longinus, Fafnir, and Bahamut for existing left-spin chips either they'll have to duplicate one of those, create a new left-spin chip, or include at least one copy of Spriggan/Diabolos in this booster. Honestly, I could see both Spriggan and Diabolos make an appearance, given that they haven't been seen since their original releases sans limited edition/Gold Turbo releases.
Decided too look at beybladevcrv again and found b-155.
I think this will do. No Achilles.
Heaven can clearly be seen in the top right then erase
(Nov. 15, 2019  11:54 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: Heaven can clearly be seen in the top right then erase

I think the Bey right next to Heaven and Erase is Draciel F.