[Product]  B-156 Random Booster 18

Dragoon V has 3 rare colors: red, orange & silver. I hope that and Draciel come with the full parts this time. Draciel F has black & white recolors. I wonder if we would get an electronic driver this time for the new bey (or any bey) & I wonder if the base is right or left spin. I wouldn't mind a wall frame. As far as the poison base goes.. wish we could get a full poison hydra bey like they did with evil eye. I also hate that they don't give the bases new chips and owners. TT is just being lazy. Would be awesome to get a (even if its not painted) 2nd version of the drago Valkyrie weight. We should get more info by the time the CRISIS comes.
(Nov. 21, 2019  12:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2019  3:35 AM)Armor Wrote: So I don't see the problem here. What's wrong with the defense types getting a little boost? I don't think we even have any actual defense types with our meta now, just opposite spin stamina types.

The boost is that even as a defensive driver, Stamina types could easily use it to counter more aggressive threats that they otherwise would fall to. It hinders attack too much is my point.

(Nov. 18, 2019  3:55 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Or it's spring-loaded instead of battery powered, or that info just isn't out, or they're just not including batteries with it and expect you to get them yourself this time.

Good catch on the disk location though, which heavily insinuates left spin. Every other dual-spin combo is set in right spin by default for its advertising.

Been thinking about this, and I remember someone mentioned that the second prize base is rotated 90 degrees just like Poison, and lo and behold it is. Given that every Spriggan has been assembled in right spin in every color, this means that this prize base is basically confirmed to be left-spin only, or else it would be assembled in right spin too.

This means we're looking at a confirmed left-spin only prize base. Furthermore, it guarantees that we're looking at <Prize base> Diabolos here, as Dragon and Dragon II don't fit on left spin bases. With one Diabolos already in the booster that makes Dragon or Dragon II more likely to be on Poison than a second Diabolos (though I would love two of them), and honestly Dragon II would be neat to see in a random booster given that it's new anyways.

But wouldn't that help out the meta? Then standard defense types would be reintroduced, rather than relying on opposite spin to counter attack types. I don't think Guard' will be that useful anyway, as Keep' works better for KO defense.
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:42 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2019  12:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: The boost is that even as a defensive driver, Stamina types could easily use it to counter more aggressive threats that they otherwise would fall to. It hinders attack too much is my point.

Been thinking about this, and I remember someone mentioned that the second prize base is rotated 90 degrees just like Poison, and lo and behold it is. Given that every Spriggan has been assembled in right spin in every color, this means that this prize base is basically confirmed to be left-spin only, or else it would be assembled in right spin too.

This means we're looking at a confirmed left-spin only prize base. Furthermore, it guarantees that we're looking at <Prize base> Diabolos here, as Dragon and Dragon II don't fit on left spin bases. With one Diabolos already in the booster that makes Dragon or Dragon II more likely to be on Poison than a second Diabolos (though I would love two of them), and honestly Dragon II would be neat to see in a random booster given that it's new anyways.

But wouldn't that help out the meta? Then standard defense types would be reintroduced, rather than relying on opposite spin to counter attack types. I don't think Guard' will be that useful anyway, as Keep' works better for KO defense.

it would push attack out of the meta.
if a combo can have both good ko and burst defense without sacrificing weight by using gen and still having at least decent stamina it would make attack less powerful in the meta. Besides, if it was made it would most likely get banned after some testing
(Nov. 22, 2019  2:04 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  5:42 AM)Armor Wrote: But wouldn't that help out the meta? Then standard defense types would be reintroduced, rather than relying on opposite spin to counter attack types. I don't think Guard' will be that useful anyway, as Keep' works better for KO defense.

it would push attack out of the meta.
if a combo can have both good ko and burst defense without sacrificing weight by using gen and still having at least decent stamina it would make attack less powerful in the meta. Besides, if it was made it would most likely get banned after some testing

I'm ok with bans. Not releasing it for that reason, not so much. Does Guard really have that good Ko defense? I can agree with decent stamina and burst defense.
I want a xtend' but that's sadly might never happen cause it would break the meta cause you can turn it into Xtend'+
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:49 PM)Spider Sniper Wrote: I want a xtend' but that's sadly might never happen cause it would break the meta cause you can turn it into Xtend'+
They would just ban the xtend’ plus version and keep xtend’
(Nov. 22, 2019  11:08 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:49 PM)Spider Sniper Wrote: I want a xtend' but that's sadly might never happen cause it would break the meta cause you can turn it into Xtend'+
They would just ban the xtend’ plus version and keep xtend’

true
i thought xtend plus' was on union achilles.

guess not......

The best possible solution would be if it wasn't possible to take the Xtend Chip off of the Xtend' Driver so that it wouldn't be compatible with the Xtend+ Chip.
Honestly I'm ok with an Xtend', as it would match the red coloring on the UA Xtend. Banning doesn't seem to be an issue.
(Nov. 23, 2019  9:09 PM)Armor Wrote: Honestly I'm ok with an Xtend', as it would match the red coloring on the UA Xtend. Banning doesn't seem to be an issue.

Why would you say that? That mean Xtend+’ could exist, and Xtend+ is already really good, so making a ‘ version could be really OP.
(Nov. 23, 2019  9:14 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2019  9:09 PM)Armor Wrote: Honestly I'm ok with an Xtend', as it would match the red coloring on the UA Xtend. Banning doesn't seem to be an issue.

Why would you say that? That mean Xtend+’ could exist, and Xtend+ is already really good, so making a ‘ version could be really OP.

It would honestly break the meta
(Nov. 23, 2019  4:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

The best possible solution would be if it wasn't possible to take the Xtend Chip off of the Xtend' Driver so that it wouldn't be compatible with the Xtend+ Chip.

That is a welcome possibility since rubber Dash Drivers with normal variants also have had different rubber compositions, but Takara Tomy wouldn't care too much with the meta as long as they can sell it for huge profits regardless of performance (*cough*Imperial Dragon*cough*)
(Nov. 23, 2019  4:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

It will be too much work for TT. For a dash driver, they just want to change the spring, and possibly change some material, then sell it like a new part to make money. No design change for dash driver.
(Nov. 23, 2019  9:14 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

What I meant was I was ok with its existence. It would obviously have to be banned.
(Nov. 23, 2019  10:27 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2019  4:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The best possible solution would be if it wasn't possible to take the Xtend Chip off of the Xtend' Driver so that it wouldn't be compatible with the Xtend+ Chip.

That is a welcome possibility since rubber Dash Drivers with normal variants also have had different rubber compositions, but Takara Tomy wouldn't care too much with the meta as long as they can sell it for huge profits regardless of performance (*cough*Imperial Dragon*cough*)

They do care about the meta and performance of their parts, considering that they gave Bearing a super weak spring. TT just didn't test all of the opposite spin matchups with Xtend+ because they were focused on giving it the three mode changes. Xtend+ being this good was probably an accident, but TT probably learned from their mistake and won't make Xtend' compatible with the Xtend+ Chip if they make Xtend+ at all. Even if they did make Xtend+' a reality, it would still have poor KO resistance, which would ultimately bring KO Attackers even further into the spotlight.
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:38 PM)Armor Wrote: I'm ok with bans. Not releasing it for that reason, not so much. Does Guard really have that good Ko defense? I can agree with decent stamina and burst defense.
Guard is pretty good. The only issue it had was that Guard was released after Atomic was,and Orbit for that matter, and KO Defense isn't something that shines in Burst.
(Nov. 24, 2019  6:29 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:38 PM)Armor Wrote: I'm ok with bans. Not releasing it for that reason, not so much. Does Guard really have that good Ko defense? I can agree with decent stamina and burst defense.
Guard is pretty good. The only issue it had was that Guard was released after Atomic was,and Orbit for that matter, and KO Defense isn't something that shines in Burst.

If Guard does get a Dash version, it would probably be used for stationary attack and might have better chances compared to mobile attackers on rubber Drivers of mitigating self-KO and self-Burst. Still, Orbit and Atomic are going to be on top of it despite the difference in Burst resistance.
(Nov. 24, 2019  6:29 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Alright then, I only remember it getting hated on when it came out.
(Nov. 22, 2019  9:38 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2019  2:04 PM)MWF Wrote: it would push attack out of the meta.

I'm ok with bans. Not releasing it for that reason, not so much. Does Guard really have that good Ko defense? I can agree with decent stamina and burst defense.

guard isn't the best because of the fact that the dish does not turn and the tip is similar to a slightly flattened ball but a heavy combo on it might be able to deal with attackers.

honestly, if they do an upgrade to guard I don't want a tighter spring.
I want the tip to be a low angle cone, like the tip of claw, and have the dish be able to spin freely along with moving up and down.
This makes it a better driver without giving is just a better spring.
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:16 PM)MWF Wrote:

guard isn't the best because of the fact that the dish does not turn and the tip is similar to a slightly flattened ball but a heavy combo on it might be able to deal with attackers.

I want the tip to be a low angle cone, like the tip of claw, and have the dish be able to spin freely along with moving up and down.

Unfortunately all Dash variants only feature material change in the rubber as well as stronger spring. In what you are saying, it falls under making an entirely new Driver altogether, but so far only Keep got the Dash treatment among all Defense (and possibly Stamina) types. Now, if they made Om' or At', it will be a pandemonium for the meta. Banhammer will probably be in every WBO tournament by then
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2019  2:16 PM)MWF Wrote: guard isn't the best because of the fact that the dish does not turn and the tip is similar to a slightly flattened ball but a heavy combo on it might be able to deal with attackers.

Unfortunately all Dash variants only feature material change in the rubber as well as stronger spring. In what you are saying, it falls under making an entirely new Driver altogether, but so far only Keep got the Dash treatment among all Defense (and possibly Stamina) types. Now, if they made Om' or At', it will be a pandemonium for the meta. Banhammer will probably be in every WBO tournament by then

Om' seems fair honestly, I don't see anything bursting on Om to begin with. At will be a problem though.
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:36 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:32 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Unfortunately all Dash variants only feature material change in the rubber as well as stronger spring. In what you are saying, it falls under making an entirely new Driver altogether, but so far only Keep got the Dash treatment among all Defense (and possibly Stamina) types. Now, if they made Om' or At', it will be a pandemonium for the meta. Banhammer will probably be in every WBO tournament by then

Om' seems fair honestly, I don't see anything bursting on Om to begin with. At will be a problem though.

I guess all will agree that Br', Et', and most especially Xt' should never be a thing tho lol otherwise WBO's banhammer will be flying high and strike bloodily. What they can do tho is to change Bullet's flimsy plastic stalk into a sturdier metal rod along with pumping up more metal into the drone (and make the tip POM or metal too), but I'm probably getting off-topic.

At best, this RBV better have Goku or Go Weight or even Diabolos Chip cuz those are what I think many players need (especially when champions have Goku and Go via online purchases from Japan or Hong Kong)
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:48 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:36 AM)Armor Wrote: Om' seems fair honestly, I don't see anything bursting on Om to begin with. At will be a problem though.

I guess all will agree that Br', Et', and most especially Xt' should never be a thing tho lol otherwise WBO's banhammer will be flying high and strike bloodily. What they can do tho is to change Bullet's flimsy plastic stalk into a sturdier metal rod along with pumping up more metal into the drone (and make the tip POM or metal too), but I'm probably getting off-topic.

At best, this RBV better have Goku or Go Weight or even Diabolos Chip cuz those are what I think many players need (especially when champions have Goku and Go via online purchases from Japan or Hong Kong)

Then I'll have to buy all of RB17 and this one...
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:48 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2019  4:36 AM)Armor Wrote: Om' seems fair honestly, I don't see anything bursting on Om to begin with. At will be a problem though.

These sorts of upgrades would have to be whole new parts, not just ' variations. The only ' differences has been a slightly softer rubber for Xtreme' and Hunter', which is in and of itself a material difference, not an actually significant change to the part.

I doubt Goku will see a release so common. Go stands a better chance, but still feels too unlikely. Diabolos is already confirmed through analysis of the silhouettes, and I have a post in this thread that goes over exactly how I came to that conclusion already so I won't repeat myself here.

Goku isn't even very necessary. Useful, but not a ridiculously big upgrade. Same applies to Go, where it has a serious downside for its added bulk. Neither are as necessary as you seem to think.