[Product]  B-156 Random Booster 18

(Dec. 12, 2019  7:35 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2019  7:23 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: In theory, shouldn't naked spriggan paired with PR be unburstable, or at least 50% harder to burst? The burst gimmick works when the layer stops spinning when it's hit and the disc and driver keep going a little, but if contact is made with the disc, it doesn't affect the clicks. Another side thought, perhaps PR is actually two pieces and works exactly like Hell/Hades Kerbecs did back in the day, albeit maybe with a different locking mechanism. Maybe the 2 parts of the disc don't even lock in and it spins freely/locks in with the layer. If it does work something like that, then my first theory is void. The new parts for this random booster are definitely interesting, but overall it's a little worse than 17 was

Your 2nd theory may be true what if they're showing us the next system/gimmick for season 5 in this RB as they did for RB14?

Oh yeah, isn't S5's gimmick 2 part discs(not discs and frames)

(Dec. 12, 2019  4:18 PM)theevilcloud1 Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2019  6:39 PM)theevilcloud1 Wrote: So the kombos are: Naked Longinus  0 Turn Rise Sen
Dread Fafnir Pr (new disc) Revolve Metsu
Draciel Fortress 00 Wall Charge
Poison Dragon 11 Volcanic Dash Zan
Erase Bahamut 1 Dash Star Zeta Dash So
Heaven Joker Gravity Operate Go
Dragoon Victory Sting Evolution
And main beyblade : Naked Spriggan Pr Orbit Metal Ten
 here the HD images[Image: 4904810134510_2225b1ca686441b894a7ff009544b330.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_72303bd449a147c8a9a8e2992c7456ec.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_961889ce7fc3408185f7c7096ce8cc21.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_441ed42ed4f54d3f8613806ea6c87de0.jpg]

Thanks, Naked Longinus, Naked Spriggan, and Erase Bahamut look really nice
That literally looks like the same fafnir chip from RBV17
(Dec. 12, 2019  5:18 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: That literally looks like the same fafnir chip from RBV17

And same driver !
(Dec. 12, 2019  5:18 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: That literally looks like the same fafnir chip from RBV17
The fafnir chip on this is a darker green from what I can tell by comparing the 2
Ahh I love the poison dragon recolor,
And honestly, I like the Naked Longinus recolor more than the naked spriggan, it’s more vibrant imo

I know nuffin about the plastic Gen beyblades, so dragoon V is kinda... meh...

I also like the Erase recolor, as a matter of fact, I feel that this recolor should be the original, it has the same colors as the original Venom.

All in all... I’m buying all of dem!!

It's actually a little different. The blue rim in the center would make it more partial to use with the blue Gen weight from Knockout Odin. The Fafnir chip that came with Tact has a green rim, making it blend better with the prize Gen layer weight.
(Dec. 12, 2019  4:18 PM)theevilcloud1 Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2019  6:39 PM)theevilcloud1 Wrote: So the kombos are: Naked Longinus  0 Turn Rise Sen
Dread Fafnir Pr (new disc) Revolve Metsu
Draciel Fortress 00 Wall Charge
Poison Dragon 11 Volcanic Dash Zan
Erase Bahamut 1 Dash Star Zeta Dash So
Heaven Joker Gravity Operate Go
Dragoon Victory Sting Evolution
And main beyblade : Naked Spriggan Pr Orbit Metal Ten
 here the HD images[Image: 4904810134510_2225b1ca686441b894a7ff009544b330.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_72303bd449a147c8a9a8e2992c7456ec.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_961889ce7fc3408185f7c7096ce8cc21.jpg][Image: 4904810134510_441ed42ed4f54d3f8613806ea6c87de0.jpg]

Oh wow. TT messed up in the image of Naked Longinus. In the center of the weight, it has the design of Ten, not Sen.  Sen has like this sort of Claw-like design in the center, but the center of the Sen on Naked Longinus is like the center of the Ten weight. I wonder if they're remaking it, or they just put a weird defect in the main image. It would be cool to have one of those defects in any collection.
Edit: It's even in the box art lol.

[Image: 4904810134510_76f997cc3eaf495a9bb1f4b564aaf467.jpg]
The black random booster packagings are really slick, especially with the blue on this one

Boom!
Thanks for the video!

Anyway, about my thoughts on Naked Spriggan .Pr.Om. From what i can tell, Naked has no gimmick... which I guess explains the name, and is a very small layer base. Now having no real gimmick for this layer base makes it pretty boring, which is a shame since it looks nice. Naked lacks a gimmick, but it actually does have something, but only with Paradox. Paradox can flip mode, one with the dish hanging down, one where it's covering the layer, similar to BD145 with Hell Kerbecs. I'm not really a fan of disks that only work with a certain part, but at least here, the dish down mode fits any layer.

From what I can tell, the mode where the disk surrounds the layer allows the layer to burst less, as it means hitting the disk rather than the Naked base. Remember, if you hit the disk, it won't burst a beyblade, and if it covers some of the layer, you won't burst it that easily, so I do like that gimmick, but it's a bit boring, and it requires specific parts, and I'm just wondering why they even bothered making the disk a separate part. It is unique at least, I just wish Naked had more to it without relying on the disk.

The blue Orbit Metal looks quite nice at least.
I just hope the teeth isn't too weak. Although being a left spin defense base makes it prettty likely that TT would weaken its teeth.
I really like it. It's simple, and visually appealing. I just wish paradox had a metal center.
I basically agree with Jinbee here. I think Paradox itself won't be great even on Naked, but only time will tell.

(Dec. 13, 2019  12:46 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I really like it. It's simple, and visually appealing. I just wish paradox had a metal center.

If it still weighs as much as a regular disk, it'd have more Stamina without a bunch of metal in the center.
(Dec. 13, 2019  3:41 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I basically agree with Jinbee here.  I think Paradox itself won't be great even on Naked, but only time will tell.

(Dec. 13, 2019  12:46 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: I really like it. It's simple, and visually appealing. I just wish paradox had a metal center.

If it still weighs as much as a regular disk, it'd have more Stamina without a bunch of metal in the center.
You're correct, and thinking on it, outer isn't super heavy, but it still has good stamina.
(Dec. 13, 2019  3:50 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2019  3:41 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I basically agree with Jinbee here.  I think Paradox itself won't be great even on Naked, but only time will tell.

You're correct, and thinking on it, outer isn't super heavy, but it still has good stamina.

Kocchi Wo Miro !
From what has been shown in the video, Paradox looks like how Wall could've been if it can be flipped up. Pity that the "Frame" portion of Pr only looks aethetically pleasing for 1 direction (like Defense mode is best for left spin while Stamina mode looks better on right spin) unlike say Turn or Lift. But it is nice to know this gimmick can be done like the upcoming Master Base.

Naked is literally a hunk of pure plastic, and I sense this is probably just a cheap left spin version of Rock Base (or probably a left spin plastic eF?). Just hope the Chips are not going to be raised on it, otherwise it would be kind of useless (with the existence of Zwei and Lord) even if partnered with the ones with tall teeth.

Frankly this RBV doesn't look too great but I'll probably yield cuz I wanted to get a Poison Base as well as Gou Weight which this set has. Too bad they never re-released Destroy' ever since the last RBV it was in. I'm kind of disappointed that Diabolos Chip isn't included either in this, as it could easily replace that Longinus Chip on the set.
I have doubts about the Paradox disc increasing burst resistance with Naked though. If anything, I think it would make the bey liable to bursting against right spin beys since a right spin bey hitting the disc of a left spin bey could actually cause the disk to begin unlocking.
Am I the only one who thinks Naked looks almost exactly like aB? Uncertain
(Dec. 13, 2019  9:15 PM)BladerGem Wrote: Am I the only one who thinks Naked looks almost exactly like aB? Uncertain

Its top-down view does, but aside from that they look nothing alike.
(Dec. 13, 2019  7:07 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I have doubts about the Paradox disc increasing burst resistance with Naked though. If anything, I think it would make the bey liable to bursting against right spin beys since a right spin bey hitting the disc of a left spin bey could actually cause the disk to begin unlocking.

I think you are right. it is burst resistant against left spin bey, burst prone against right spin bey. So against right spin bey, need to switch the Paradox disc downwards.
(Dec. 13, 2019  7:07 PM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I have doubts about the Paradox disc increasing burst resistance with Naked though. If anything, I think it would make the bey liable to bursting against right spin beys since a right spin bey hitting the disc of a left spin bey could actually cause the disk to begin unlocking.

I thought this with Ratchet back when it was new, and although I did pull off a burst in this manner it took a full-strength launch hitting an opponent directly in the Ratchet disk at a dead stop for the hit to be strong enough to do that. This is a similar scenario, so I'm not inclined to call it a burst hazard of any sort quite yet given how hard that was to pull off.
Naked Base and Paradox base official images:
[Image: N.png?1576239120]
[Image: Pr.png?1576239120]
Description for Paradox:
The maximum diameter and the extended blade reach low center of gravity and high centrifugal force.  The combination with [N] Base can be reversed, so that the Layer looks like a wrapped shape, which can defend and counterattack strongly.
Description of Naked:
Covered by a towering wall of five blades, the attack at any height will be repelled.
Paradox looks like it's only supposed to be in upper mode with Naked base.  Most bases should have paradox in it's lower mode.  Naked base has no gimmick, just that it is very thick. Credit to Vocare Project
Now we need a size comparison to Knock out.
Because if Knockout is small enough for Paradox Upper mode that could be interesting.
(Dec. 14, 2019  5:24 AM)MWF Wrote: Now we need a size comparison to Knock out.
Because if Knockout is small enough for Paradox Upper mode that could be interesting.

I was thinking the same thing! It really depends on the size of Naked compared to knockout.
(Dec. 14, 2019  5:26 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2019  5:24 AM)MWF Wrote: Now we need a size comparison to Knock out.

I was thinking the same thing! It really depends on the size of Naked compared to knockout.

If Knockout is compatible with upper mode then Knockout Diabolos. Paradox (upper).___
Would be pretty cool.