[Product]  B-147 Random Layer Vol.2 Poison Hydra

(Jun. 27, 2019  8:47 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2019  8:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Poison looks like oE, but that rubber likely hurts it's defense a lot.  It looks to be Right spin too. I'm skipping this one.

*Poison Hydra becomes best BEYBLADE*

That is exactly the sort of silly event I expect to happen. It would be funny. But no, I don't believe it. The rubber will be a spin steal benefit against left spin beys, and a huge downside for right spin defense, and the shape isn't aggressive enough to get JJ levels of useful.
(Jun. 27, 2019  9:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2019  8:47 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: *Poison Hydra becomes best BEYBLADE*

That is exactly the sort of silly event I expect to happen. It would be funny. But no, I don't believe it. The rubber will be a spin steal benefit against left spin beys, and a huge downside for right spin defense, and the shape isn't aggressive enough to get JJ levels of useful.

actually its just the pink parts that is rubber and since it is thin, and so is the surrounding rubber, the gimmick itself might be more functional, i won't comment on the performance though.
It looks like the pink rubber parts would hardly get into contact with the other beys at all, so it's not really intended for "spin-stealing" as some of you are putting it. Its gimmick is probably more towards Screw Trident's, where the rubber absorbs the impact.
(Jun. 28, 2019  9:19 AM)KingSpin Wrote: It looks like the pink rubber parts would hardly get into contact with the other beys at all, so it's not really intended for "spin-stealing" as some of you are putting it. Its gimmick is probably more towards Screw Trident's, where the rubber absorbs the impact.

Yea that’s right, if you look close there is light Billie plastic pieces in front of the rubber, so there won’t be no rubber contact points like WF or JJ.
Now, the real question is the composition of the rubber,
Is it springy rubber, or a dampening rubber? Is it hard, or soft?
Is it heavy or light?

I guess we won’t know until it’s released.

Blue* stupid iPhonie auto-correct...
I just noticed this thread has the title of "Hyudra" instead of Hydra which is the correct name, can someone correct that so no one gets confused by the bey and its name?
(Jun. 28, 2019  11:32 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I just noticed this thread has the title of "Hyudra" instead of Hydra which is the correct name, can someone correct that so no one gets confused by the bey and its name?

Correct Name is "Hyudra" not Hydra.
Proof:
[Image: yg9ZrVwl.jpg]
(Jun. 28, 2019  11:32 AM)originalzankye Wrote: I just noticed this thread has the title of "Hyudra" instead of Hydra which is the correct name, can someone correct that so no one gets confused by the bey and its name?

It is Hyudra. I think it is the same case as Pegasis and many other examples of name change.
(Jun. 28, 2019  12:38 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

It is Hyudra. I think it is the same case as Pegasis and many other examples of name change.

Was just suggesting since in Marutti's video and on a tweet from TT it's spelled when translated was this: https://imgur.com/a/7XDmBDo
(Jun. 28, 2019  12:41 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2019  12:38 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: It is Hyudra. I think it is the same case as Pegasis and many other examples of name change.

Was just suggesting since in Marutti's video and on a tweet from TT it's spelled when translated was this: https://imgur.com/a/7XDmBDo

I guess the people who translate things to English at TT were slacking. Or maybe they were trying to be creative, who knows? I guess it’s supposed to be pronounced as “hi-uh-dra” but the first and second syllables merge together a little bit when you say it fast. In any case, I would recommend spelling Hyudra and saying Hydra because that’s what makes most sense to most English speakers.
Hyudra, if pronounced like it’s spelled, sounds more “japaneezy” than “hydra” so that might be the reason...?
(Jun. 28, 2019  2:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2019  12:41 PM)originalzankye Wrote: Was just suggesting since in Marutti's video and on a tweet from TT it's spelled when translated was this: https://imgur.com/a/7XDmBDo

I guess the people who translate things to English at TT were slacking. Or maybe they were trying to be creative, who knows? I guess it’s supposed to be pronounced as “hi-uh-dra” but the first and second syllables merge together a little bit when you say it fast. In any case, I would recommend spelling Hyudra and saying Hydra because that’s what makes most sense to most English speakers.

It's not supposed to be Hydra, even the katakana reads Hyudra.
(Jun. 28, 2019  8:45 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2019  2:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I guess the people who translate things to English at TT were slacking. Or maybe they were trying to be creative, who knows? I guess it’s supposed to be pronounced as “hi-uh-dra” but the first and second syllables merge together a little bit when you say it fast. In any case, I would recommend spelling Hyudra and saying Hydra because that’s what makes most sense to most English speakers.

It's not supposed to be Hydra, even the katakana reads Hyudra.

Hmm, then they were probably just trying to be more creative? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So it has a screw trident gimmick, also I feel like it might have 5 teeth and/or the 5 disk because the gt chip has 5 heads

[Image: 5-D8-B71-AD-2-CD3-420-B-B289-38338-A118-D57.jpg]
The owner is probably the top hat guy holding a rose(above moon head)
Edit: postimage is acting weird again, it would be nice if someone else would please post the picture in a size and resolution that’s actually legible
A hydra usually has nine heads so even if those are tails, ( or they could be heads that are far away)
It may have more clicks
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:13 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: So it has a screw trident gimmick, also I feel like it might have 5 teeth and/or the 5 disk because the gt chip has 5 heads

Edit: postimage is acting weird again, it would be nice if someone else would please post the picture in a size and resolution that’s actually legible

the guy with the rose would probably own bahamut.
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:29 PM)kimeru Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:13 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: So it has a screw trident gimmick, also I feel like it might have 5 teeth and/or the 5 disk because the gt chip has 5 heads

the guy with the rose would probably own bahamut.

We now have more gt beys than there are characters on that picture, so most likely 1 of those two beys will be be owned by a new character, my predictions would be moonhead-twin dragons, tophat-poison hyudra, and Bahamut, spriggan, Odin being owned by new characters
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:50 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:29 PM)kimeru Wrote: the guy with the rose would probably own bahamut.

We now have more gt beys than there are characters on that picture, so most likely 1 of those two beys will be be owned by a new character, my predictions would be moonhead-twin dragons, tophat-poison hyudra, and Bahamut, spriggan, Odin being owned by new characters

Spriggan,Odin,and the twin dragons are coming later the beys that are coming sooner (Hydra and Bahamut) should be owned by moonhead and rose guy and from what we have seen the colors of bahamut really match rose guy and the green on hydra is a very similar shade to moonhead. But hey I could be wrong.
(Jun. 29, 2019  9:00 PM)kimeru Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  8:50 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: We now have more gt beys than there are characters on that picture, so most likely 1 of those two beys will be be owned by a new character, my predictions would be moonhead-twin dragons, tophat-poison hyudra, and Bahamut, spriggan, Odin being owned by new characters

Spriggan,Odin,and the twin dragons are coming later the beys that are coming sooner (Hydra and Bahamut) should be owned by moonhead and rose guy and from what we have seen the colors of bahamut really match rose guy and the green on hydra is a very similar shade to moonhead. But hey I could be wrong.
Poison Hyduras Current color probably isn’t it’s official color so it could change to match him more same with bahamut
(Jun. 29, 2019  9:11 PM)Requim Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  9:00 PM)kimeru Wrote: Spriggan,Odin,and the twin dragons are coming later the beys that are coming sooner (Hydra and Bahamut) should be owned by moonhead and rose guy and from what we have seen the colors of bahamut really match rose guy and the green on hydra is a very similar shade to moonhead. But hey I could be wrong.
Poison Hyduras Current color probably isn’t it’s official color so it could change to match him more same with bahamut

i know but the colors never change too much.
Hyudra chip is supposed to have one strong tooth (the third one) and the rest are a lower height. From TT parts list on the beyblade website for japan

Poison base is confirmed to have Screw Trident's gimmick by TT as well.
The effectiveness of Poison's cushioning gimmick depends on how soft its rubber will be as well as how large the allowed movement will there be per side.

iirc, sT's gimmick sucked badly because the rubber is too tough to actually "cushion" blows especially against consistent aggro attackers, along with carp teeth that can't get anything done even with Dash Drivers. I get that the rubber has to be tough enough to endure impacts but it probably depends on the steepness of the angle connecting the majority of the Base with the outer parts that get hit in battle for it to actually work in reality
In order for the gimmick imo to actually werk as it’s
Supposed to, the rubber must have a silicone consistency... anything harder than that would make the gimmick ineffective, just like sT...
(Jul. 01, 2019  4:09 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: In order for the gimmick imo to actually werk as it’s
Supposed to, the rubber must have a silicone consistency...  anything harder than that would make the gimmick ineffective, just like sT...

That might be true, but when I think about it, if it has a silicone consistency (trying to think of a better term but I end up with hardness which is probably not it), the moving part of the Layer would be too wobbly for the actual Bey to even stably spin when launched? I imagined something like a Layer with moving pieces similar to the Jell-O wobble when you mentioned silicone.
Screw Trident’s gimmick was meant to be turning opponents attack/impact into its own spin that is why the rubber was slanted. It was written as a stamina type gimmick and not a defence type gimmick.
On the other hand, Poison base gimmick is described as not transferring the impact from the opponent to the bey and so a more defensive gimmick.