[Product]  B-146 Random Booster Vol. 16 (Flare Dragon.Ar.Pl 閃, Gaia Dragoon.Ar.Hn')

(Jul. 21, 2019  1:52 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Really awesome Prize Beyblade, seems like it can take down beys like Slash Valkyrie just with the stock combo!
This isn't really a very big achievement. Stock Slash Valkyrie has terrible bursting issues.
Although I haven't seen the video yet, that gold flare base looks sick. Loving the flames on the gold plastic and I think the metal balls are painted gold which is just amazing
is round any good for atomic combo or is sting just better
Just noticed that the Flare base has a similar shape to the Grand base . It could be that it is an upgrade because of the metal balls and larger size.
(Jul. 22, 2019  2:36 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2019  1:52 AM)originalzankye Wrote: Really awesome Prize Beyblade, seems like it can take down beys like Slash Valkyrie just with the stock combo!
This isn't really a very big achievement. Stock Slash Valkyrie has terrible bursting issues.

Wat? It's almost impossible to burst.
(Jul. 23, 2019  1:28 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2019  2:36 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: This isn't really a very big achievement. Stock Slash Valkyrie has terrible bursting issues.

Wat? It's almost impossible to burst.

This has gotta be a joke, right? Right?

If not, just read this (one of the first posts in the Slash Valkyrie thread post-release) and keep on reading from that point. The whole thread was filled with "Why does it burst so easily?" starting from here, and the very last post (currently mine) goes over its massive bursting issues in great detail.
(Jul. 23, 2019  4:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2019  1:28 AM)g2_ Wrote: Wat? It's almost impossible to burst.

This has gotta be a joke, right? Right?

If not, just read this (one of the first posts in the Slash Valkyrie thread post-release) and keep on reading from that point. The whole thread was filled with "Why does it burst so easily?" starting from here, and the very last post (currently mine) goes over its massive bursting issues in great detail.

How, if you launch it hard, it almost never bursts.
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:47 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: is round any good for atomic combo or is sting just better

Sting is a Disk and Atomic is a Driver...
(Jul. 23, 2019  3:07 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 22, 2019  12:47 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: is round any good for atomic combo or is sting just better

Sting is a Disk and Atomic is a Driver...

Lots of context lost in that question I believe.

My interpretation of Ravinchen's question was more like: "Is Around good for an Atomic combo?  Or is Sting just better in an Atomic combo"

Either way it looks like they should probably test it for themselves or wait for tests made by others.  It's only been out for a few days, not sure how fast testing gets done and I'm not sure people would release information if they find the part is legitimately competitive.
(Jul. 23, 2019  2:27 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2019  4:21 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: This has gotta be a joke, right? Right?

How, if you launch it hard, it almost never bursts.

I think you're confusing Slash Valkyrie for Cho-Z Valkyrie, which actually is super burst resistant due to its burst stopper gimmick. Given this whole "if you launch it hard" line, it seems really plausible that you're talking about Cho-Z's burst stoppers, which means you're talking about the totally wrong Valkyrie altogether.

Otherwise, show us this launching strategy that somehow nullifies the hundreds of Slash Valkyrie unboxing/testing videos that reveal its terrible burst resistance.
(Jul. 23, 2019  8:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2019  2:27 PM)g2_ Wrote: How, if you launch it hard, it almost never bursts.

I think you're confusing Slash Valkyrie for Cho-Z Valkyrie, which actually is super burst resistant due to its burst stopper gimmick. Given this whole "if you launch it hard" line, it seems really plausible that you're talking about Cho-Z's burst stoppers, which means you're talking about the totally wrong Valkyrie altogether.

Otherwise, show us this launching strategy that somehow nullifies the hundreds of Slash Valkyrie unboxing/testing videos that reveal its terrible burst resistance.

I'm talking about this guy.
[Image: 71Bkbubzo7L._SX425_.jpg]
(Jul. 24, 2019  12:24 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2019  8:43 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I think you're confusing Slash Valkyrie for Cho-Z Valkyrie, which actually is super burst resistant due to its burst stopper gimmick. Given this whole "if you launch it hard" line, it seems really plausible that you're talking about Cho-Z's burst stoppers, which means you're talking about the totally wrong Valkyrie altogether.

I'm talking about this guy.

Then you're talking about the one with mediocre burst resistance
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:02 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  12:24 AM)g2_ Wrote: I'm talking about this guy.

Then you're talking about the one with mediocre burst resistance
If you launch it hard enough, you will sound scraping (The tip getting pressed) the burst resistance gets so much better when that happens.
I know Power can increase burst resistance, but this ain't the anime, and the disk is heavy compared to the layer

Whatever, has anyone done testing on the Around disc yet? Is it any good?
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:08 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I know Power can increase burst resistance, but this ain't the anime, and the disk is heavy compared to the layer

I know but it works.
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:10 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:08 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I know Power can increase burst resistance, but this ain't the anime, and the disk is heavy compared to the layer

I know but it works.

Prove it, and get on topic
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:16 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:10 AM)g2_ Wrote: I know but it works.

Prove it, and get on topic

Try to hard launch and don't bank.
I meant doing it yourself, I don't have Slash Valkyrie in my possession. Anyway, Flare Dragon seems pretty decent from what I've seen though
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:27 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I meant doing it yourself, I don't have Slash Valkyrie in my possession. Anyway, Flare Dragon seems pretty decent from what I've seen though

Wat? Then why is it your profile?
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:28 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:27 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: I meant doing it yourself, I don't have Slash Valkyrie in my possession. Anyway, Flare Dragon seems pretty decent from what I've seen though

Wat? Then why is it your profile?

I'm having trouble understanding your logic. Do you own valt?
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:19 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:16 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Prove it, and get on topic

Try to hard launch and don't bank.

Tried this. Still flies apart easily against anything even remotely close to competitive. Power's effect exists, but isn't nearly strong enough to handle the high recoil shape of Slash. We're way off topic at this point, so let's steer this horse back into the right stable, shall we?

I've heard somewhere that Flare raises the chip a little akin to Wizard and Dread. How much is it, and is Flare still decent even with that drawback?

For that matter, does Around have decent LAD? It looks like it probably does, but I'd like to confirm it.
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:59 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:28 AM)g2_ Wrote: Wat? Then why is it your profile?

I'm having trouble understanding your logic. Do you own valt?
Of course, he is in my backpack.

(Jul. 24, 2019  2:08 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  1:19 AM)g2_ Wrote: Try to hard launch and don't bank.

Tried this. Still flies apart easily against anything even remotely close to competitive. Power's effect exists, but isn't nearly strong enough to handle the high recoil shape of Slash. We're way off topic at this point, so let's steer this horse back into the right stable, shall we?

I've heard somewhere that Flare raises the chip a little akin to Wizard and Dread. How much is it, and is Flare still decent even with that drawback?

For that matter, does Around have decent LAD? It looks like it probably does, but I'd like to confirm it.
Mine managed to burst Ace Dragon. But anyway what do you mean raises the chip?
g2_ I think you're misinterpreting the scraping noise. The "scraping" noise is the bottom of the stationary part of Power hitting the Tornado Ridge from above, not from the side. Power would most likely cause a self-KO if you launch it hard enough and it actually were to compress the tip.
Edit: Also, Ace Dragon isn't exactly the hardest thing to Burst, especially when it goes up against another Attack Type, so come back once you defeat Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ and maybe we can consider SV useful in stock combo.