[Product]  B-143 Random Layer Vol. 1 (Dread Bahamut 天)

This one still has the gimmick that the god version had
(May. 20, 2019  3:31 PM)MagixG Wrote: Ok, so, let me be another to say I LOVE Dread's new gimmick, but I have a slight concern or two. As little as Arc's gimmick did, it seemed a lot rounder while Dread seems a bit more jagged, even the shields seem a bit jagged. Now still, I love the gimmick but I was just thinking as to why it might be a tad more jagged than round like the original Arc.

They probably realized how good aB and B3 were, so they decided to make DB have some recoil.
(May. 21, 2019  8:41 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(May. 20, 2019  3:31 PM)MagixG Wrote: Ok, so, let me be another to say I LOVE Dread's new gimmick, but I have a slight concern or two. As little as Arc's gimmick did, it seemed a lot rounder while Dread seems a bit more jagged, even the shields seem a bit jagged. Now still, I love the gimmick but I was just thinking as to why it might be a tad more jagged than round like the original Arc.

They probably realized how good aB and B3 were, so they decided to make DB have some recoil.

I think the main draw to aB and B3 was the roundness, and still, while I love Dread, I'm just wondering why the more recoil-y design? I think I kind of understand though, its that the Bases are supposed to look cool, and they also are supposed to look good with every (compatible) chip. I'm still curious though as to why? I get it, but why?
(May. 21, 2019  3:12 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(May. 21, 2019  8:41 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: They probably realized how good aB and B3 were, so they decided to make DB have some recoil.

I think the main draw to aB and B3 was the roundness, and still, while I love Dread, I'm just wondering why the more recoil-y design?
Maybe to prevent it from being OP?
Understandable. I also was wondering if it would be harder to implement the same gimmick as Arc (note that Dread's gimmick functions differently than Arc) into GT or to incorporate the same gimmick here into a rounder shape like Arc
It's official: Silver Wing Revive Phoenix looks good with any Dead Armor

And wow Dread Bahamut 天 overall is really heavy at around 25.82 grams making it the second heaviest layer behind Perfect Phoenix.
ok.. so while bahamut has mediocre teeth, dread wrecks it by making them too shallow. the gimmick does work well though. overall, i think dread bahamut gonna be a gamble against right spins, and suicide against left spin. it might work better on destroy' i think and 0b instead of 00b maybe.
Is bahamut chip better than fafnir? I think it might be a mediocre defense layer with offensive upside if it's burst resistance is improved. Which layer weight provides the most burst resistance besides gen? Gen might be used with this. Maybe DB/DF/DL. 0l/t/w. h' might be good against right spin, being a zombie and against left spin it will be used an attacker.
As seen in that video, the Bahamut Chip is Dreadful! The teeth aren't Valkyrie quality at all, they aren't Dragon quality, and they're even worse than fafnir, and worst than Ashura. There's 3 little pyramids and they skip frequently. Driver choice is going to play a major role in this as Atomic is fairly weak. You may even need to use Gen as the layer weight to keep the dang thing from bursting. I look forward to trying Dread Fafnir and Dread Longinus, as Dread Bahamut seems like a bad combo.

On Destroy', it will probably excel. It's not as Atomic or Bearing or Eternal as we want, but it'll have to do!
JJ has a gold ver but I doubt if DB will have one
Looks like the Gen weight is really needed to make Dread Bahamut good
Maybe it was the aggressive way he was launching, but I've never seen a beyblade burst this often just from launching it.

Makes you wonder if it's their way to get people to purchase the Gen weight.
I saw this thing burst once even before it hit the ground. Makes me think it doesn't quite fit on that launcher properly, and the awkward launch forces caused by it tore it apart coming off the launcher itself. I've had that happen a few times before with a couple particularly noncooperative layers.

If this is the case, it might require a lot of care when putting it on the launcher, but otherwise it'll be fine if you treat it right.
(May. 25, 2019  1:06 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I saw this thing burst once even before it hit the ground. Makes me think it doesn't quite fit on that launcher properly, and the awkward launch forces caused by it tore it apart coming off the launcher itself. I've had that happen a few times before with a couple particularly noncooperative layers.

If this is the case, it might require a lot of care when putting it on the launcher, but otherwise it'll be fine if you treat it right.

I view the purpose of Bahamut (both Ark and Dread) as a defensive spin equalizer. I just don't get why people keep on hard launching left spinning spin equalizers especially against opposite spin, whereas you can get better results with moderate to soft launches. just imo, don't bash me.
(May. 25, 2019  2:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I view the purpose of Bahamut (both Ark and Dread) as a defensive spin equalizer. I just don't get why people keep on hard launching left spinning spin equalizers especially against opposite spin, whereas you can get better results with moderate to soft launches. just imo, don't bash me.

That's also usually a point too.

I also noticed that the GT chip is raised up a little bit too, just like Wizard. Hope that's not gonna be a thing with all left-spin bases.
(May. 25, 2019  4:03 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  2:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I view the purpose of Bahamut (both Ark and Dread) as a defensive spin equalizer. I just don't get why people keep on hard launching left spinning spin equalizers especially against opposite spin, whereas you can get better results with moderate to soft launches. just imo, don't bash me.

That's also usually a point too.

I also noticed that the GT chip is raised up a little bit too, just like Wizard. Hope that's not gonna be a thing with all left-spin bases.
I feel like it’s rather going to be a thing with gimmicked bases (just a hunch).
(May. 25, 2019  5:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  4:03 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: That's also usually a point too.

I feel like it’s rather going to be a thing with gimmicked bases (just a hunch).

Might be the case, to balance out left spin
(May. 25, 2019  6:05 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  5:37 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I feel like it’s rather going to be a thing with gimmicked bases (just a hunch).

Might be the case, to balance out left spin

Then, TT should not even think about doing that to longinus.
(May. 25, 2019  8:05 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Then, TT should not even think about doing that to longinus.
Yeah, attack types are gonna need more burst resistance so I doubt that Zwei will have that issue. Might just be a thing for left-spin Defense/Stamina?
(May. 25, 2019  5:12 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  8:05 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Then, TT should not even think about doing that to longinus.
Yeah, attack types are gonna need more burst resistance so I doubt that Zwei will have that issue. Might just be a thing for left-spin Defense/Stamina?
Also since gen gives a massive weight disadvantage, assuming that zwei compensated with the metal on its layer ZL.Dr.X’ gen might be a thing
(May. 25, 2019  5:15 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: Also since gen gives a massive weight disadvantage, assuming that zwei compensated with the metal on its layer ZL.Dr.X’ gen might be a thing

I don't like Gen. Although powerful in terms of burst resistance, high burst resistance at the cost of a significant chunk of weight has never been a worthwhile tradeoff. Left spin beys shouldn't have to rely on it to stay together.
(May. 25, 2019  5:18 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: I don't like Gen. Although powerful in terms of burst resistance, high burst resistance at the cost of a significant chunk of weight has never been a worthwhile tradeoff. Left spin beys shouldn't have to rely on it to stay together.

Agreed. Yet with so many left spin beys in the meta, burst resistance is important for left spins as well. 
Obviously gen is a massive gamble(I’m stuck with the word since ep 8,wow!!) but that’s why it might be a thing with zwei Longinus. There is a lot of metal on that layer base! Almost as much or even more than cho-z beys, that and the fact that these beys are already quite heavy might make up for the weight loss from gen. also I’m just assuming here. It could(disappointingly) turn out that the metal on Zwei doesn’t make much of a difference in terms of total weight and gen would still remain unused.