[Product]  B-142 Booster Judgement Joker.00T.Tr 斬

The layer gimmick looks nice, and the Trick driver works like XGrin from Metal Fight. What’s better is that it actually works! and the turn frame is there too! This bey is quite versatile.
The Judgement base is so interesting. For same spin match ups the rubber both helps and hinders it, and in opposite spin match ups it just helps it, and the whole luck aspect of the base is interesting.
I wonder if putting the Gen Weight's tab to the side without the rubber stopper of Judgment Base will make it Burst less than if you put the tab into the same side as the said stopper?

Same spin would be grip attack with 50/50 chances of Bursting. At opposite spin, it might still lose depending on the combo used. That plus the rubber will probably wear down much faster than Bases with just plastic contact points.
Am I the only one to whom the rubber looks more like plastic?

Also, can someone start a JJ testing and discussion page?
(May. 27, 2019  3:49 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Am I the only one to whom the rubber looks more like plastic?

Also, can someone start a JJ testing and discussion page?
This is the discussion page for JJ
what is the bey named after? i forgot.
(May. 27, 2019  11:17 PM)William Cochran Wrote: what is the bey named after? i forgot.

it's named after a Jester
(May. 27, 2019  11:41 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

Now we need Batman to stop him.
(May. 28, 2019  3:00 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  11:41 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

Now we need Batman to stop him.

If the Riddler and the Joker fused, this is what would happen

All jok(er)s aside, Trick seems really cool!
Looks nice, but I'm still not sold on the 50/50 aspect, especially when the Layer is used so much. The Burst-stopping rubber on the inside of one side of the Layer is bound to lose its grip on the Disk after a few uses, unless the rubber used is something like dF's though it means it won't have enough grip to hinder high-impact induced Bursts. That would go the same for the outer rubber parts on both sides. I'd guess that if JJ enters tournaments, one'll have to purchase several copies (like all rubberized parts especially Xtreme and Xtreme')

Trick might be a nice Driver to fool around with, but is it listed as Balance or Attack?

This release is kinda nice for the Disk (which I hope doesn't suffer the dreaded weight issues of czA's 00 Disk due to production variation). The Turn Frame isn't that useful and might rather exacerbate the already high scrape invoked by Trick.
Trick is listed as a Balance type driver.
Joker's special moves will be Gun, Grappling Hook, Eiha, and Rebel's Guard. It also has a different form called Arsene Joker. In this form, its special moves change to Gun Special, Wings of Rebellion, Eigaon, and Tetrakarn/Makarakarn.
Just got my Judgment Joker yesterday. Only had the time to test the layer, but here are my initial thoughts...

Judgment is a beast of a wheel. It’s hefty at around 12g, totalling to ~23g when a chip and weight is added.

It’s rubber protrusion/contact points are really aggressive, jutting out at an angle that would make babies cry. Due to its heft and the rubber contact points, it evokes HEAVY recoil. It tends to send opponents either flying away, or just outright burst them.

The burst resistance mechanic does work, but only to a small extent. It makes it a little hard to turn, but probably with a force only equal to one short teeth. The chip platform on it is not raised, so it does not nerf tightness unlike other ones like Wizard, Cosmo, Ashura etc.

However, as the contact points are rubber, it WILL chip off as you battle with it. You’ll see bits of pink rubber pieces around your stadium whenever they chip off. You WILL need to get multiple copies of this.

Judgment is the layer that would revive attack and make it meta. Judgment will bring “burst” back to beyblade. Judgment will come.
Sounds pretty promising to me. All of this is kind of what most people expected with the rubber - it would wear down. Regardless, from what KingSpin says, it may be a good base for attack. Maybe not godlike, but at least good/decent
(May. 29, 2019  2:24 AM)KingSpin Wrote: Just got my Judgment Joker yesterday. Only had the time to test the layer, but here are my initial thoughts...

Judgment is a beast of a wheel. It’s hefty at around 14g, totalling to ~25g when a chip and weight is added.

It’s rubber protrusion/contact points are really aggressive, jutting out at an angle that would make babies cry. Due to its heft and the rubber contact points, it evokes HEAVY recoil. It tends to send opponents either flying away, or just outright burst them.

The burst resistance mechanic does work, but only to a small extent. It makes it a little hard to turn, but probably with a force only equal to one short teeth. The chip platform on it is not raised, so it does not nerf tightness unlike other ones like Wizard, Cosmo, Ashura etc.

However, as the contact points are rubber, it WILL chip off as you battle with it. You’ll see bits of pink rubber pieces around your stadium whenever they chip off. You WILL need to get multiple copies of this.

Judgment is the layer that would revive attack and make it meta. Judgment will bring “burst” back to beyblade. Judgment will come.

I'd be inclined to assume that Judgment is the right spin equivalent of Wizard, although better (with Burst stopping mechanism). Since I've yet to receive my copy in the mail, are you able to compare if the rubber on Wizard is the same as on Judgment, or are there notable hardness differences?
(May. 29, 2019  4:48 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'd be inclined to assume that Judgment is the right spin equivalent of Wizard, although better (with Burst stopping mechanism). Since I've yet to receive my copy in the mail, are you able to compare if the rubber on Wizard is the same as on Judgment, or are there notable hardness differences?

It feels like similar rubber. But Judgment's rubber protrudes way more than Wizard, so it will impact battles way more than Wizard's rubber does.
(May. 29, 2019  5:37 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  4:48 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'd be inclined to assume that Judgment is the right spin equivalent of Wizard, although better (with Burst stopping mechanism). Since I've yet to receive my copy in the mail, are you able to compare if the rubber on Wizard is the same as on Judgment, or are there notable hardness differences?

It feels like similar rubber. But Judgment's rubber protrudes way more than Wizard, so it will impact battles way more than Wizard's rubber does.

I see. Thanks for the feedback. They look like they have same protruding rubbers, but the form in Wizard is intended more for spin equalization and retaining stamina whereas Judgment has the rubber protrusion facing against its spin direction for the attack. Maybe when the rubber is worn down on Judgment it will make for a direct counter against left spins, but I'd surmise veteran Bladers would purchase more copies instead of sticking with worn out Layers for tournaments for the intended attack potential of Judgment.
If I remember correctly, I was watching that one video when Leo burst had judgement joker battle against all of his hasbro beys, and judgement joker bursted almost every single one of them. But the rubber also comes as a detriment to stamina, since it will act like brakes against beys of the same spin direction. In short, I think the judgement base has potential in attack, but it could be a risk due to its terrible stamina (which is caused from the aforementioned rubber protrusions).
(May. 29, 2019  5:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I see. Thanks for the feedback. They look like they have same protruding rubbers, but the form in Wizard is intended more for spin equalization and retaining stamina whereas Judgment has the rubber protrusion facing against its spin direction for the attack. Maybe when the rubber is worn down on Judgment it will make for a direct counter against left spins, but I'd surmise veteran Bladers would purchase more copies instead of sticking with worn out Layers for tournaments for the intended attack potential of Judgment.

A "counter" for left-spins would not necessarily need rubber or "better" spin-stealing capabilities (in this case, rubber). They just need good balance, OWD, and a driver with good LAD. All the rubber does it just increases the rate of spin-steal, which is not sufficient to win a LAD matchup. I haven't extensively tested the LAD capabilities of Judgment, but it seems pretty good due to its weight.

(May. 29, 2019  6:35 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: If I remember correctly, I was watching that one video when Leo burst had judgement joker battle against all of his hasbro beys, and judgement joker bursted almost every single one of them. But the rubber also comes as a detriment to stamina, since it will act like brakes against beys of the same spin direction. In short, I think the judgement base has potential in attack, but it could be a risk due to its terrible stamina (which is caused from the aforementioned rubber protrusions).

When two beys collide, *both* of them lose stamina. I doubt the inclusion of rubber would cause Judgment to lose more spin than the opponent when they collide - they'll most likely lose the same amount of spin.
(May. 29, 2019  7:55 AM)KingSpin Wrote: When two beys collide, *both* of them lose stamina. I doubt the inclusion of rubber would cause Judgment to lose more spin than the opponent when they collide - they'll most likely lose the same amount of spin.
Won't the heavier bey lose lesser stamina? In that case, judg(e)ment being at 12g (if weight and chip are included, the layer as a whole might weigh somewhere from 22.5g to 24g, right?), is heavier than many layers. Assuming both beys have equally heavy combos, judgment will lose lesser stamina, right? The only layer that I remember weighing more than 24g is perfect phoenix, which can lose weight by losing armor.

EDIT:I previously thought Judgment weighs 14 grams. It is 12 grams. Still, as far as I remember, I think a layer that weighs 23-24g outweighs all but perfect phoenix with it's armor.
(May. 29, 2019  9:58 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Won't the heavier bey lose lesser stamina? In that case, judg(e)ment being at 14g (if weight and chip are included, the layer as a whole might weigh somewhere from 24g to 25.5g, right?), is heavier than many layers. Assuming both beys have equally heavy combos, judgment will lose lesser stamina, right? The only layer that I remember weighing more than 25g is perfect phoenix, which can lose weight by losing armor.

Interesting question - I went to relook some physics momentum concepts.

Assuming collision and loss of torque follows the same rules as inelastic collision between two objects, we use the formula
% Final Energy of Bey 1 = Mass(Bey 1) / ( Mass(Bey 1) + Mass(Bey 2) )

Assume Bey 1 is 20g, and mass of Bey 2 is 10g:

Final Energy (Bey 1) = (20/20+10) = 66%
Final Energy (Bey 2) = (10/20+10) = 33%

You see that Bey 1 lost only 33% of its energy, while bey 2 lost 66%. So yes, the heavier the bey, the less % of energy it loses from collisions.
(May. 29, 2019  7:55 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  5:41 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I see. Thanks for the feedback. They look like they have same protruding rubbers, but the form in Wizard is intended more for spin equalization and retaining stamina whereas Judgment has the rubber protrusion facing against its spin direction for the attack. Maybe when the rubber is worn down on Judgment it will make for a direct counter against left spins, but I'd surmise veteran Bladers would purchase more copies instead of sticking with worn out Layers for tournaments for the intended attack potential of Judgment.

A "counter" for left-spins would not necessarily need rubber or "better" spin-stealing capabilities (in this case, rubber). They just need good balance, OWD, and a driver with good LAD. All the rubber does it just increases the rate of spin-steal, which is not sufficient to win a LAD matchup. I haven't extensively tested the LAD capabilities of Judgment, but it seems pretty good due to its weight.

(May. 29, 2019  6:35 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: If I remember correctly, I was watching that one video when Leo burst had judgement joker battle against  all of his hasbro beys, and judgement joker bursted almost every single one of them. But the rubber also comes as a detriment to stamina, since it will act like brakes against beys of the same spin direction. In short, I think the judgement base has potential in attack, but it could be a risk due to its terrible stamina (which is caused from the aforementioned rubber protrusions).

When two beys collide, *both* of them lose stamina. I doubt the inclusion of rubber would cause Judgment to lose more spin than the opponent when they collide - they'll most likely lose the same amount of spin.
Completely agree, the meta seems quite reliant on sole LAD combos, rather than zombie combos. Combos that minimize the amount of precession a bey has will ultimately lead into a win, kind of like what happened with the mG meta.

(May. 29, 2019  7:55 AM)KingSpin Wrote:

(May. 29, 2019  6:35 AM)mrvitobeygeek2 Wrote: If I remember correctly, I was watching that one video when Leo burst had judgement joker battle against  all of his hasbro beys, and judgement joker bursted almost every single one of them. But the rubber also comes as a detriment to stamina, since it will act like brakes against beys of the same spin direction. In short, I think the judgement base has potential in attack, but it could be a risk due to its terrible stamina (which is caused from the aforementioned rubber protrusions).

I'm not necessarily sure, however, I think that Judgment may take more impact as a layer due to the open contact points. I've heard that Joker is currently top tier attack, so if you use a driver like destroy' or Xt+ you can maximize LAD, (more so with destroy') create a stationary zombie attack.
Apologies - Judgment is actually only around 12g instead of 14g. I had a measurement issue. It’s still pretty heavy by comparison to other beys though. I’ve amended my earlier post.