[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

Natsuki Hanae as Fumiya Kanemichi will be In Core Cast. Hence pretty much he will own Fafnir/This bey
Half of me thinks we're taking this rough "no spin" translation a bit too seriously, but it would sure be neat to see Magical Ape MS or Thunder Pegasus's gimmicks make a return.
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:43 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I think they are boasting it can spin steal from a dead stand.
That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.

Really? I’ve seen plenty of videos where people did this with drain fafnir and they only needed 2 other beys. A bey with as much rubber as Geist and the round shape of drain could probably do it pretty reliably
(Mar. 16, 2019  10:04 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.

Really? I’ve seen plenty of videos where people did this with drain fafnir and they only needed 2 other beys. A bey with as much rubber as Geist and the round shape of drain could probably do it pretty reliably
Ah that is pretty cool but those needs are a bit too much since I was thinking of a 1 on 1. In all honestly I think my problem was because Geist has its rubber packed on three certain parts and not scattered within 3 parts like Drain Fafnir.
(Mar. 16, 2019  10:08 PM)Zeutron Wrote:  In all honestly I think my problem was because Geist has its rubber packed on three certain parts and not scattered within 3 parts like Drain Fafnir.

Well it wasn’t about the rubber position. More about the shape of the layer
Drain has a shape that gives immense spin equalisation potential. Geist on the other hand is far more aggressive.
(Mar. 24, 2019  1:24 PM)Garvin prime Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  10:08 PM)Zeutron Wrote:  In all honestly I think my problem was because Geist has its rubber packed on three certain parts and not scattered within 3 parts like Drain Fafnir.

Well it wasn’t about the rubber position. More about the shape of the layer
Drain has a shape that gives immense spin equalisation potential. Geist on the other hand is far more aggressive.

Yeah, Drain Fafnir was based more on spin equalization while Geost Fafnir was based on the "Slow Motion Burst" concept. Also, gF's weight made it harder to spin steal ftom weaker attacks.
With the "no spin" thing, Its entirely possible to get a Bey to reliably steal spin while not in motion. F3.J.H has been able to do it multiple times for me (chose jerk due to its inclusion of rubber, and chose Hold since it can free-stand)
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:18 AM)K1D Wrote: With the "no spin" thing, Its entirely possible to get a Bey to reliably steal spin while not in motion. F3.J.H has been able to do it multiple times for me (chose jerk due to its inclusion of rubber, and chose Hold since it can free-stand)

Jerk is not made of rubber. It uses flexible plastic
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:19 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:18 AM)K1D Wrote: With the "no spin" thing, Its entirely possible to get a Bey to reliably steal spin while not in motion. F3.J.H has been able to do it multiple times for me (chose jerk due to its inclusion of rubber, and chose Hold since it can free-stand)

Jerk is not made of rubber. It uses flexible plastic

Wack. What disks could/would work better?

Jerk doesn't have rubber tho, iirc

Not too familiar with Hasbro abbrevs but F3 is Drain Fafnir, I'd assume.

Drain Fafnir.Polish.Bearing/Atomic is the best that I could think off that can accomplish that zombie-type of spin stealing, with risks of course considering the weight vs everything after God Beys
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:29 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Drain Fafnir.Polish.Bearing/Atomic is the best that I could think off that can accomplish that zombie-type of spin stealing, with risks of course considering the weight vs everything after God Beys

You can improve the disk by using 7, 0, 10, or 00 with the Cross, Star, or Glaive frames to improve weight while maintaining the same LAD as Polish. Might help avoid any instant KOs caused by trying this.

Hold is also used here because it's literally being placed in the center of the stadium here with no motion at all, where Hold is decent but kinda bleh at keeping it upright. Destroy(') would work better so long as you can balance the bey on its star-shaped flat tip. Although more competitively viable off of the launcher, Atomic certainly can't stand upright on its own and Bearing might be a little tricky to do this sort of startup with since it'll be leaning over, giving way to potential flubs if it gets hit in the wrong way for its first hit.
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:29 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Drain Fafnir.Polish.Bearing/Atomic is the best that I could think off that can accomplish that zombie-type of spin stealing, with risks of course considering the weight vs everything after God Beys

You can improve the disk by using 7, 0, 10, or 00 with the Cross, Star, or Glaive frames to improve weight while maintaining the same LAD as Polish. Might help avoid any instant KOs caused by trying this.

Hold is also used here because it's literally being placed in the center of the stadium here with no motion at all, where Hold is decent but kinda bleh at keeping it upright. Destroy(') would work better so long as you can balance the bey on its star-shaped flat tip. Although more competitively viable off of the launcher, Atomic certainly can't stand upright on its own and Bearing might be a little tricky to do this sort of startup with since it'll be leaning over, giving way to potential flubs if it gets hit in the wrong way for its first hit.

Considering your Frame suggestions, then Proof would also be viable along with probably 10 or 7 to still maintain some heft. I personally use 5Glaive with Atomic for zombie setups before, but now I might have to update it with release of heavy ChoZ and GT Beys. 

But in reality, it is illegal to hand spin launch anyways or to let the Bey absorb from zero spin in the middle of the stadium at the start of battle (since it will technically be an Over Finish from the get-go). So unless we are simply getting a Drain Fafnir in GT format, then it is actually quite ridiculous to be pondering the situations where we spin-equallize or drain spin from zero movement against opposite spin, in my opinion.
(Mar. 25, 2019  4:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: You can improve the disk by using 7, 0, 10, or 00 with the Cross, Star, or Glaive frames to improve weight while maintaining the same LAD as Polish. Might help avoid any instant KOs caused by trying this.

Considering your Frame suggestions, then Proof would also be viable along with probably 10 or 7 to still maintain some heft. I personally use 5Glaive with Atomic for zombie setups before, but now I might have to update it with release of heavy ChoZ and GT Beys. 

But in reality, it is illegal to hand spin launch anyways or to let the Bey absorb from zero spin in the middle of the stadium at the start of battle (since it will technically be an Over Finish from the get-go). So unless we are simply getting a Drain Fafnir in GT format, then it is actually quite ridiculous to be pondering the situations where we spin-equallize or drain spin from zero movement against opposite spin, in my opinion.

Pretty sure it's to hype how good the new Fafnir's spin stealing ability is. I don't expect official TT tournaments to allow dropping the bey or hand spinning it.
(Mar. 25, 2019  4:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: You can improve the disk by using 7, 0, 10, or 00 with the Cross, Star, or Glaive frames to improve weight while maintaining the same LAD as Polish. Might help avoid any instant KOs caused by trying this.

I kinda ignore Proof tbh. It's one of those things that's probably usable, but I haven't had as much LAD success with it as Cross or left-spin Glaive. I usually consider Star a better backup to those, although your mileage may vary regarding that opinion and I haven't done formal testing between those two.

The latter half is just trying to make K1D's scenario more understandable, since you kinda ignored that scenario altogether.

It's already presumed that this starter will be a new Fafnir given the description and the small fragment of the layer we've been teased with thus far, which already shows a golden bronze dragon head with red eyes pointing to the left lined with what appears to be navy or black rubber. That feels blatantly Fafnir.
[Image: 21pq35.png]

New Fafnir's Gatinko chip I presume. I doubt it'll fit with Right spin Layers.
(Apr. 05, 2019  8:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: [Image: 21pq35.png]

What I want to see How Weight Fits there.
(Apr. 05, 2019  8:20 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2019  8:17 AM)Jinbee Wrote: [Image: 21pq35.png]

What I want to see How Weight Fits there.

I think the answer is "exactly the same way as every other weight".
Speaking of weight. The image that shows a little bit of the weight. If you look at it, it looks like Fafnir might have the goku weight.
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:28 AM)MWF Wrote: Speaking of weight. The image that shows a little bit of the weight. If you look at it, it looks like Fafnir might have the goku weight.

What picture?
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:46 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:28 AM)MWF Wrote: Speaking of weight. The image that shows a little bit of the weight. If you look at it, it looks like Fafnir might have the goku weight.

What picture?

(Apr. 06, 2019  10:25 AM)vrikolakaz7 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:46 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote: What picture?

https://youtu.be/kuWEoRA2GWI 

Skip to 01:11
Not as hyped as other Fafnirs maybe because Free is gone, otherwise this would have continued till atleast 5 pages till now
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:20 PM)Aadi Lui Wrote: Not as hyped as other Fafnirs maybe because Free is gone, otherwise this would have continued till atleast 5 pages till now

Or maybe because the title is still ''B-139 new Starter'' we have no information on the disk or driver at all. that's why there is only 3 pages because there's nothing to speculate about.
Why aren’t we getting some news isn’t it releasing in mid April.
(Apr. 07, 2019  4:48 AM)Aadi Lui Wrote: Why aren’t we getting some news isn’t it releasing in mid April.

Probably going to be like the revealing of Archer Hercules before. The reveal was underrated and had too little impact but the actual Bey product was amazing af in the meta. This might also be the case
I'm hoping that GT takes after Cho-Z in the sense that the Beys first wave or two have no gimmicks in the layers, but then almost every other Bey has a layer gimmick. The GT Fafnir's Layer Base almost certainly has rubber on it, which was considered as a gimmick in the God Layer System, so there is hopefully a trend going on here.