[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

This Fafnir is most likely going to be optimized to be a zombie bey. the characters translate to no rotation.

it is probably saying it can steal spin and battle starting at "No Spin"
Maybe, Drop and Let Absorb. It needs a Higher Precision driver then
(Mar. 15, 2019  4:55 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Maybe, Drop and Let Absorb. It needs a Higher Precision driver then

Its going to need a crazy driver. Like a Super wide dish on a bearing.
(Mar. 15, 2019  4:57 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  4:55 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Maybe, Drop and Let Absorb. It needs a Higher Precision driver then

Its going to need a crazy driver. Like a Super wide dish on a bearing.

Free Spinning Circle Wide BAll Pinching_eyes
(Mar. 15, 2019  4:59 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  4:57 PM)MWF Wrote: Its going to need a crazy driver. Like a Super wide dish on a bearing.

Free Spinning Circle Wide BAll Pinching_eyes

That’s basically Atomic.
(Mar. 15, 2019  3:12 PM)GeekMasterTV Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  2:25 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Fafnir is back, pretty cool. See? The Geist Fafnir situation in the show was only temporary.
How do you know that’s a new Fafnir?

Because on Corocoro comic it says Fafnir
Fafnir going to be awesome
(Mar. 15, 2019  5:58 PM)Requim Wrote: Is there any info on the owner?

Not confirmed yet. But it should be the yellow hair boy with glasses, whose name is Fumiya
(Mar. 15, 2019  3:42 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: The yellow text on that pic said that this Bey is... NO Spin?
I don’t know what that means...

This idea is a bit of a stretch, but what if by "no spin" it means the layer can spin freely on the driver? So it'd be like spinner rims, where the tires are moving with the car but the rims aren't.
(Mar. 15, 2019  3:42 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: The yellow text on that pic said that this Bey is... NO Spin?

My idea is that it doesn’t hook onto any launcher, and there is another way to get it spinning, most likely by spin-stealing.
(Mar. 15, 2019  6:20 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  5:58 PM)Requim Wrote: Is there any info on the owner?

Not confirmed yet. But it should be the yellow hair boy with glasses, whose name is Fumiya

So it's not Free? :c
(Mar. 15, 2019  7:27 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote:

My idea is that it doesn’t hook onto any launcher, and there is another way to get it spinning, most likely by spin-stealing.

How would that ever be tournament-legal if you can't launch it? Like, do they expect everyone to start hand launching this thing or what? That seems dangerous if nothing else, since your opponent would be launching hard with someone's hand in the stadium. Nah, launcher compatibility is something I don't think they really can remove for safety reasons.

I think it's more just hyping up its spin-stealing capability than saying that it's incompatible with launchers, much the same way Geist Fafnir was designed to "not just steal, but take away", or however that went.
(Mar. 15, 2019  10:17 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  7:27 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: My idea is that it doesn’t hook onto any launcher, and there is another way to get it spinning, most likely by spin-stealing.

How would that ever be tournament-legal if you can't launch it? Like, do they expect everyone to start hand launching this thing or what? That seems dangerous if nothing else, since your opponent would be launching hard with someone's hand in the stadium. Nah, launcher compatibility is something I don't think they really can remove for safety reasons.

I think it's more just hyping up its spin-stealing capability than saying that it's incompatible with launchers, much the same way Geist Fafnir was designed to "not just steal, but take away", or however that went.
Well Takara Tomy does not really care about what is wbo legal unfortunately. It’s the same company that made beys that could destroy the whole point of bursting.
(Mar. 15, 2019  10:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  10:17 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: How would that ever be tournament-legal if you can't launch it? Like, do they expect everyone to start hand launching this thing or what? That seems dangerous if nothing else, since your opponent would be launching hard with someone's hand in the stadium. Nah, launcher compatibility is something I don't think they really can remove for safety reasons.

Well Takara Tomy does not really care about what is wbo legal unfortunately. It’s the same company that made beys that could destroy the whole point of bursting.

TT has their own big tournaments though. So this could break their own rules.
(Mar. 15, 2019  10:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Well Takara Tomy does not really care about what is wbo legal unfortunately. It’s the same company that made beys that could destroy the whole point of bursting.

Bursting is not actually a critical function since beys can still battle even without bursting (see: literally every generation before Burst), but it's absolutely necessary to have some way to initiate the battle and get them spinning. I don't care if it's by wrapping a string around it and pulling, but it's gotta have some way to get it spinning. It's the difference between balancing something (something I'll admit they're poor at) and making it work to begin with.

Overall, there are two really significant reasons why they'll never release a bey that can't be launched (outside of a possible Mugen bey a la Proto Nemesis. Was TT's Proto Nemesis actually able to be launched? I don't even know).

1: Not everyone is going to be capable of hand spinning beys very well, especially younger kids that are a target of these sorts of toys.
2: To hand launch it you'd probably have to have your hand in the stadium holding your bey in place, right where an opponent is about to send another top flying towards said hand at high spin velocities.

The former just makes it really difficult to use and undesirable (especially if both people use the same layer. That would be a really slow, short, and dull battle), but the latter is a serious safety problem and probably a legal concern as well. Your hand could get seriously messed up getting hit with a full-power launch like that, and it's only a bigger concern as beys get heavier and heavier.
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  10:26 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Well Takara Tomy does not really care about what is wbo legal unfortunately. It’s the same company that made beys that could destroy the whole point of bursting.

Bursting is not actually a critical function since beys can still battle even without bursting (see: literally every generation before Burst), but it's absolutely necessary to have some way to initiate the battle and get them spinning. I don't care if it's by wrapping a string around it and pulling, but it's gotta have some way to get it spinning. It's the difference between balancing something (something I'll admit they're poor at) and making it work to begin with.

Overall, there are two really significant reasons why they'll never release a bey that can't be launched (outside of a possible Mugen bey a la Proto Nemesis. Was TT's Proto Nemesis actually able to be launched? I don't even know).

1: Not everyone is going to be capable of hand spinning beys very well, especially younger kids that are a target of these sorts of toys.
2: To hand launch it you'd probably have to have your hand in the stadium holding your bey in place, right where an opponent is about to send another top flying towards said hand at high spin velocities.

The former just makes it really difficult to use and undesirable (especially if both people use the same layer. That would be a really slow, short, and dull battle), but the latter is a serious safety problem and probably a legal concern as well. Your hand could get seriously messed up getting hit with a full-power launch like that, and it's only a bigger concern as beys get heavier and heavier.

However horrible they may be, TT has at least provided the bare minimum to at leastspin the top by itself. They cannot release it without the launcher because that requires the owner to have more than one Beyblade. TT’s Beyblade releases must be self-sufficient.
I don't know what does it mean but new fafnir has very interesting advertisement "No Spinning Bey(in Japanese 無回転ベイ)"
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:26 PM)marutti Wrote: I don't know what does it mean but new fafnir has very interesting advertisement "No Spinning Bey(in Japanese 無回転ベイ)"

I think they are boasting it can spin steal from a dead stand.
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:43 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:26 PM)marutti Wrote: I don't know what does it mean but new fafnir has very interesting advertisement "No Spinning Bey(in Japanese 無回転ベイ)"

I think they are boasting it can spin steal from a dead stand.
That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.
I think this bey will spin steal when dead and if you launch another bey it would spin steal
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2019  11:43 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I think they are boasting it can spin steal from a dead stand.
That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.

That is not so hard. Actually I have made a driver that can realize this kind of action with Geist Fafnir (but not so efficient due to the highly recoiled shape of gF)
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:27 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.

That is not so hard. Actually I have made a driver that can realize this kind of action with Geist Fafnir (but not so efficient due to the highly recoiled shape of gF)

Moment of SILENCE!!
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:27 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:03 AM)Zeutron Wrote: That actually is possible, but it would be pretty hard. It would probably only be possible via attack types unless this bey had a crazy amount of rubber (I tried this with sieg Xcalibur and my geist Fafnir a while ago). The one thing that makes me doubt that happening is the fact that adding too much rubber would be far too powerful for a release especially considering the gt system allows for changing chips.

Ahh I see, is your driver able to stand still ? I know that is what you may have implied but I just wanted to confirm.
(Mar. 16, 2019  6:43 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2019  5:27 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: That is not so hard. Actually I have made a driver that can realize this kind of action with Geist Fafnir (but not so efficient due to the highly recoiled shape of gF)
Ahh I see, is your driver able to stand still ? I know that is what you may have implied but I just wanted to confirm.

Yes. 

The amount of rubber is not the most important thing if you want a bey to spin steal from death. I think TT made a OP driver this time.