[Product]  B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction

Revive Phoenix
Man, this thing is a BEAST. It's ridiculously heavy, difficult to burst (twice?), has a unique gimmick and aesthetically, is one of the best (IMO) of the Cho-Z series. It's easy to understand why TT hyped it so much. The teeth are strong. The driver is perfectly made with the gimmick, even if it's not the best driver itself. Overall, a must-buy for any Beyblader (both competitive and collector). The launcher it comes with is pretty decent and the longest yet for Burst, I believe. It's a shame it only works with Right-Spin, however.

Revive Phoenix (Skeleton Ver.)
Another gorgeous Beyblade. WOW. Something I have noticed, that many have commented on prior, the gimmick layer is looser than both the original Revive Phoenix and Revive Phoenix (Black Ver.) making it less competitive. For collectors, however, this thing is a must-buy and with the sparkly transparent Meteor frame (Emperor Forneus, Random Booster Vol. 11) it really does look amazing on the shelf (and in the stadium). 

Revive Phoenix (Black Ver.)
Whoa! I just cannot decide which I like the most. Black Phoenix looks extremely intimidating and anyone who is a Marvel fan will immediately have an extra appreciation for this aesthetic. The layer and teeth are identical to the original version, which is a good thing. Overall, if you can find it for a reasonable price, I highly recommend it for collectors but don't believe it's a necessary buy. There just isn't enough different with it to warrant the purchase. It also comes with the same launcher as the original, which is nice. Finally, any transparent black frame can pair nicely with it. 

Z-Achilles (Phoenix Ver.)
DAMN! This thing looks so, so good. Easily the best Z-Achilles thus far and maybe forever? It can be paired nicely with gold Under frame and metallic red Accel (JPN exclusives) and comes with a matching yellow Level Chip to boost (which matches it, and many other Beyblades very well! I prefer this to the transparent yellow Level Chip). The layer has the same teeth and is really only for collectors, but if you love Z-Achilles, buy this! It's not expensive.

Bloody Longinus (Red Ver.)
Another ridiculously nice red, yellow and gold re-colour. I've personally paired it with a black Seven Disc (Duo Eclipse), gold Under frame and black Xtend (JPN exclusive). Personally, I enjoyed the Lost Longinus (Black Dragon ver.) so much, that I tried to give it an upgrade. I'm weird like that. The majority of the red is the smooth, shiny red found in most non-transparent TT layers, frames and drivers (example, Meteor included with Amaterios 7Meteor Extreme). It's an easy Beyblade to match with and you can have some fun with combinations (Gold and Red with some shades of Green in the eyes). Finally, the teeth are the same (average), which is a shame as Bloody Longinus is not a very competitive layer. Recommended for collectors, especially since it's inexpensive.

Tornado Wyvern (Red Ver.)
Originally, I was very hyped, but I don't really like it? I've tried matching it, but even going mostly gold and red, something just seems off with it. The teeth have not been improved (below average), so the layer is not recommended for competitive use. It's really about collectors, and I recommend skipping. I paired it with a gold One Disc (Spriggan Requiem Gold Ver.), blue glaive (WBBA God Chips and Frames set) and red Yard. If only a frame colour was released that matched the God Chip (which is a shiny, royal blue). 

Gold Launcher Grip
Super nice and reasonably cheap! It matches perfectly with the launcher that comes with Revive Phoenix and somewhat matches the LR Gold Launcher. It's nice but completely unnecessary. The glittery gold is a nice touch, however. Super fabulous!

Altogether, I can completely understand why Revive Phoenix has so much hype. I'm firmly on the hype train and recommend everyone purchase AT LEAST the original (although Z-Achilles, Bloody Longinus and Black Revive Phoenix are all recommended as well).
Thanks for the aesthetic review. I really think his will be well used during tourmanets.
Epic review, thanks so much! But god, dude, you're seriously tempting me with the black rP. It's breathtaking. :') Spriggan Requiem's black version didn't do much for me, but rP is just so insanely gorgeous.

Thanks for the quality photo of Tornado Wyvern, too. I've been on the fence about it and this confirmed it's not a worthwhile purchase, personally. Maybe for a few bucks, but not what I see it go for most of the time.
(Jul. 30, 2018  9:44 PM)Hellibleri Wrote: Thanks for the aesthetic review. I really think his will be well used during tourmanets.

Undoubtedly. From early testing, it's really strong (and very heavy).

(Jul. 30, 2018  9:55 PM)sonyat Wrote: Epic review, thanks so much! But god, dude, you're seriously tempting me with the black rP. It's breathtaking. :') Spriggan Requiem's black version didn't do much for me, but rP is just so insanely gorgeous.

Thanks for the quality photo of Tornado Wyvern, too. I've been on the fence about it and this confirmed it's not a worthwhile purchase, personally. Maybe for a few bucks, but not what I see it go for most of the time.

Hard not to! I completely agree with you on Black Spriggan. It was pretty "meh" outside the rarity. You will not be disappointed with the purchase and if you search Yahoo Japan auctions, you'll eventually find it for a more reasonable price.
(Jul. 30, 2018  10:06 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Hard not to! I completely agree with you on Black Spriggan. It was pretty "meh" outside the rarity. You will not be disappointed with the purchase and if you search Yahoo Japan auctions, you'll eventually find it for a more reasonable price.

Yeah, it's great to see prices already dropping on it. Hopefully pricing stays where it is or drops further around September/October. Gotta save for regular Burst releases and finish my overly expensive Plastic collection. I try not to give much thought to the rest of HMS yet...
(Jul. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Red aXe Wrote: It's on the left side of the diamond (where the level chip goes) opposite to the screw. You need to illuminate it with a flashlight.

Well detected !
It's A1 mark on my core.
[A3 on frame]
(Jul. 31, 2018  12:42 PM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Red aXe Wrote: It's on the left side of the diamond (where the level chip goes) opposite to the screw. You need to illuminate it with a flashlight.

Well detected !
It's A1 mark on my core.
[A3 on frame]

Can you show a picture? I can’t find it ?
In my opinion I think rp 7 glaive destroy is really good

In the last la tourney my friend used my rp 7 glaive ds against a hs on eternal (didn't see what the disk was) but he only lost 3 to 2 so I think its pretty good
(Jul. 31, 2018  1:02 PM)leosama Wrote: Can you show a picture? I can’t find it ?

He circled the rough location in this picture. I'll repost it here for clarity: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15SGD36X...p=drivesdk

The markings are on the underside of the encircled plastic, just to the left of the level chip hole when flipped upside-down. It's easiest to see if you focus a flashlight inwards from the side, so the light can reflect off the interior and illuminate the space behind the mold code and make it show up as a shadow. Keep in mind that the text is backwards, since it's clearly meant to be read from the other side of the plastic, but it should be easy enough to figure out what it says.

Now I know I have A2 armor and an A3 core, and they work pretty solidly.
Someone needs to sell me that Black rP =)
(Jul. 31, 2018  1:02 PM)leosama Wrote: Can you show a picture? I can’t find it ?

Sorry, that was late night yesterday, when seen the post.
Had to think about way also, how to make photos with light ray focused towards camera's objective Grin

Hoping you'll like these.

https://i.imgur.com/fuPYzcF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VZd0mNP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Bcou9QD.jpg
I literally just shined it in from the side, but the back works even better. Beats my tactic at any rate.
(Aug. 01, 2018  6:10 PM)iiggoor Wrote:

Sorry, that was late night yesterday, when seen the post.
Had to think about  way also, how to make photos with light ray focused towards camera's objective Grin

Hoping you'll like these.

https://i.imgur.com/fuPYzcF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VZd0mNP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Bcou9QD.jpg

Our one is an A3 Core and A4 Armor, is that good? The armor clicks on really hard but comes off like butter...
(Aug. 02, 2018  12:41 AM)leosama Wrote: Our one is an A3 Core and A4 Armor, is that good? The armor clicks on really hard but comes off like butter...

The trick seems to be to get rP mostly together, but at least before turning for the last tooth, put on the armor and lock that on. Then, finish assembling the bey.

The difference between attaching the armor for fully-assembled vs. almost-fully is rather noticeable.

Not sure anyone's noticed differences/inconsistencies with the molds just yet.
I really think that Friction will replace Orbit in the Metagame. It has greater Knock-Out resistance, equal Burst resistance and near equal Stamina (mainly because Friction's rubber is literally incapable of touching the stadium while Orbit's tabs will)
(Aug. 08, 2018  9:01 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I really think that Friction will replace Orbit in the Metagame. It has greater Knock-Out resistance, equal Burst resistance and near equal Stamina (mainly because Friction's rubber is literally incapable of touching the stadium while Orbit's tabs will)

what do you think about the balance though? In the testing I have with friction it always seems to lose first because of balance issues
Any ideas on how to get black revive phoenix outside japan or is it just a random pull
(Aug. 28, 2018  6:47 AM)Phoenix8Nt Wrote: Any ideas on how to get black revive phoenix outside japan or is it just a random pull

It's a 1/72 pull like Sr was... So yeah, the second one...
(Aug. 28, 2018  6:47 AM)Phoenix8Nt Wrote: Any ideas on how to get black revive phoenix outside japan or is it just a random pull
Want a confirmed one, try ZenMarket or Yahoo Japan Auctions. The price is reasonable for a limited edition recolor, yet is costly.
But yes, it's luck of the draw. If you are lucky enough, it will be a jackpot.
Stock rP is not that good at all. Bcoz in stock combo. It can easily disbalanced after removal of Pheonix Armour. Inner layer is quite small and can easily disbalanced in stock. So i suggest to use in combo.
(Aug. 28, 2018  12:33 PM)Lakshya Mundri Wrote: Stock rP is not that good at all. Bcoz in stock combo. It can easily disbalanced after removal of Pheonix Armour. Inner layer is quite small and can easily disbalanced in stock. So i suggest to use in combo.

I find stock phoenix quite good. It’s got the ten disc for weight, the layer for burst resistence and the friction driver for stamina. Can you elaborate on disbalance?
(Aug. 28, 2018  5:34 PM)Hellibleri Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  12:33 PM)Lakshya Mundri Wrote: Stock rP is not that good at all. Bcoz in stock combo. It can easily disbalanced after removal of Pheonix Armour. Inner layer is quite small and can easily disbalanced in stock. So i suggest to use in combo.

I find stock phoenix quite good. It’s got the ten disc for weight, the layer for burst resistence and the friction driver for stamina. Can you elaborate on disbalance?

the whole issue with it's destabilization issue is the Friction driver. Since the ball is completely exposed (with no ring or dish to right itself like defense/atomic/yard), it can easily be thrown off-balance. 

At least, that's what I've heard. As far as I know, there has been no formal testing to back up these claims, but it's a pretty safe assumption based on results with Massive.
In Beyblade Galaxy (BeiGa)'s video,the POM tip+the Rubber ring in the Friction driver looked very loose,is that a consistent problem in all the Fr's or he just got a defective one?
(Aug. 28, 2018  11:02 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  5:34 PM)Hellibleri Wrote: I find stock phoenix quite good. It’s got the ten disc for weight, the layer for burst resistence and the friction driver for stamina. Can you elaborate on disbalance?

the whole issue with it's destabilization issue is the Friction driver. Since the ball is completely exposed (with no ring or dish to right itself like defense/atomic/yard), it can easily be thrown off-balance. 

At least, that's what I've heard. As far as I know, there has been no formal testing to back up these claims, but it's a pretty safe assumption based on results with Massive.

But could the heavy weight of 10 compensate? It gets destabilized, yeah, but I don’t see how that affects the beyblade itself so drastically.

While the rubber ring is too high for its use, Friction’s potential should be tested.
(Aug. 29, 2018  3:11 AM)Hellibleri Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2018  11:02 PM)ToxicAtom Wrote: the whole issue with it's destabilization issue is the Friction driver. Since the ball is completely exposed (with no ring or dish to right itself like defense/atomic/yard), it can easily be thrown off-balance. 

But could the heavy weight of 10 compensate? It gets destabilized, yeah, but I don’t see how that affects the beyblade itself so drastically.

While the rubber ring is too high for its use, Friction’s potential should be tested.

While in theory 10 should keep rP stable, the low friction of the POM on Friction has a greater effect than the weight of 10.
 Friction is one of those Drivers that are in the pile of all those other O.K Drivers. The stamina is O.K but not top tier, but what really holds it back is lack of resistance against destabilization. Having a Driver that can stabilize itself is necessary for it to become a good stamina or defense Driver, but Friction just doesnt do that.