[Product]  B-10 BeyLogger

(Jun. 16, 2015  4:40 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2015  4:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think he was just saying that Hasbro will skip the BeyLogger. I actually think they will release it. Smartphone integration is too hot to ignore right now.

Really astute analysis of the BeyLogger's purpose in TT's marketing scheme, Kai-V. (Unless you read that somewhere else LOL)

I did read that somewhere in Japanese hahah. I searched for that explanation because the whole "BeyCloud" concept was weird, since it does not refer to the Apple Cloud or anything like that : it actually refers to a group of marketing ideas.

OMG. Can you post this here or PM me about it? Very interested.
Bah, I actually do not know what all their ideas are; even the prize exchange campaign was news to me yesterday hah. So far, it is the traditional :
- events
- anime
- web app (to view Beyblade parts, rankings, etc.)
- BeyLogger (strictly to record results)
- amusement machine (probably similar to the Bey Ta Go machines)
- prize exchange campaign

I had found this picture :
[Image: BeyCloudSystem.jpg]

It is just this morning that I read a clear and reiterated description of TAKARA-TOMY's plan : keep kids' heads in the BeyCloud everyday, from purchase to tournaments.
TT is really smart. IMO their marketing strategy is dead-on. I wonder how Hasbro will adapt it.
New era of beyblade it needs to catch on so much potential it has to this time
(Apr. 24, 2015  3:56 PM)RAW Wrote: Ahh so how does the Beylogger record that? Do players input results manually? x_x
Or is not enough information given yet...

even hasbros electronic beyblades would stop lighting up when it stopped spinning. just conect that to the beylogger instead of to leds, and there you go
Here's a question will it work for all smart phones since different companies have different clients that can be used? And how will they get around this problem. Since Android phones use google clients, iPhones use ios, and windows use Microsoft, and each one has it's own application restrictions. Also I saw that on a site the beylogger in Japan is priced at 16,000 yen=$16 give or take a few cents I wonder if it'll stay that price when it starts selling everywhere else?
(Jun. 29, 2015  8:29 PM)The Real Libra Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2015  3:56 PM)RAW Wrote: Ahh so how does the Beylogger record that? Do players input results manually? x_x
Or is not enough information given yet...

even hasbros electronic beyblades would stop lighting up when it stopped spinning. just conect that to the beylogger instead of to leds, and there you go

Actually...

It would be cool if the next generation, or even newer releases of Burst have a gyroscope or rotational movement detectors in the layers. That would make battles via OS even more accurate to judge, as the layers would be able to record the exact second the RPM drops off (when it stops spinning), and thus the time comparisons could be made to determine who won. Plus the idea of who burst or got KO'd first. If the layer can detect the massive changes in displacement from a KO (it exited the stadium) and the separation of the bey (it Burst), the timings could be determined. Was the bey OUT first, or was it BURST first.... That would make it even more interesting stat wise. Burst rate, KO rate, OS rate, etc.......... *salivating over data* The RPM of the beys could theoretically be obtained, along with the velocity that it experiences upon impact, and thus the net force it receives (and when you compare the stats from it's opponent, the net force it gives)............ Hueh

I just think there has to be a way for the Layer to detect what Disk and Driver it's using... Eventually at least. Hurhhh.
OMGBBG:o
for what it's worth, I don't think there's any value in scoring non-tournament results. this is completely about bragging rights for very young kids. I don't think it's relevant to anyone here.
If I can get an Umaterios out of it then it's completely relevant, otherwise I agree. Still, should be a decent selling point for the younger market as everyone loves competition.
(Jul. 03, 2015  11:18 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: If I can get an Umaterios out of it then it's completely relevant, otherwise I agree. Still, should be a decent selling point for the younger market as everyone loves competition.

You highly likely cannot get Umaterios unless you live in Japan.
(Jul. 04, 2015  4:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2015  11:18 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: If I can get an Umaterios out of it then it's completely relevant, otherwise I agree. Still, should be a decent selling point for the younger market as everyone loves competition.

You highly likely cannot get Umaterios unless you live in Japan.

He could always buy a plane ticket and take a trip to Japan Tongue_out

Beypoints were dropped during 4D, right? I wonder if it doesn't take off it will be abandoned.
(Jul. 04, 2015  6:24 PM)Neo Wrote: Beypoints were dropped during 4D, right? I wonder if it doesn't take off it will be abandoned.

Beypointers were dropped with the release of Galaxy Pegasis, which was when we got the point cards. I think those stuck around until the end. Beypoint cards weren't to keep track of whow as doing better though, they were pretty much just for redeeming prizes like Quetz.
[Image: BeyLogger_tableexplanation.jpg]

"Our product is so hard that you need a table near you to be able to fulfill its main purpose : exchange BeyPoints and record wins and losses."

I do not know if the locks become way looser with time and use, but the first time it was ridiculously uncool to remove the BeyLogger from the Light Launcher ...
(Jul. 21, 2015  4:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Our product is so hard that you need a table near you to be able to fulfill its main purpose : exchange BeyPoints and record wins and losses."

I do not know if the locks become way looser with time and use, but the first time it was ridiculously uncool to remove the BeyLogger from the Light Launcher ...

Did anyone even figure out how to exchange points yet?
I can't believe they designed it this way. This is what NFC would've been useful for. Unreal.

I'll be keeping mine separated and just using the Launcher Grip with the Beylauncher.
(Jul. 21, 2015  4:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Our product is so hard that you need a table near you to be able to fulfill its main purpose : exchange BeyPoints and record wins and losses."

Wait, i don't understand that phrase? Can someone explain?
You need to press down on a table just to detach the Light Launcher from the Beylogger, which is required to connect with other Beyloggers and exchange points. Seems insanely difficult for something that would theoretically be done often.
Yeah. Horrible design. Why in the world would they make it like that? Especially considering that their main target market are kids. Hopefully they will release a 2.0 or software upgrade or something after everybody complains. Lets start complaining!
Well that's very inconvenient .. I was just hoping to attach it to the Launcher Grip and keep it there.
(Jul. 21, 2015  5:10 AM)Wizard Wrote: Did anyone even figure out how to exchange points yet?

This is my priority at the moment, now that I have the instruction sheet.
Wasn't the whole exchanging points thing in the BeybladeGeeks video? You have to attach the two beyloggers, and press the main button a certain number of times, honestly it looks like a really complicated process.

Reminds me of the MFB Beypointer system.
(Jul. 21, 2015  6:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: You need to press down on a table just to detach the Light Launcher from the Beylogger, which is required to connect with other Beyloggers and exchange points. Seems insanely difficult for something that would theoretically be done often.

You can in fact use your hands, but it takes quite an effort. Terrible design considering the function of the device, for sure.
What a shame ... seriously, how does something like that happen? Unhappy For what seems to be a huge part of the game's marketing strategy, it seems embarrassingly executed.