Presents you didn`t like or got disappointed of.

This is a thread to talk aboat presents you got but didn`t like that much, you ecpected something else. Tell us where you got the present and if it was on your birthday or in christmas.

Other example:
You wanted for example a computer game that you`ve waited for ages to get. And when you finally get it as a gift, you try it, and then you found that the game isn`t good after all and you get disappointed.

ME:
I waited for a long time till my birthday to come, and when it was finally here. I only got one present for some reason. I think it was because it was very very big. It was at home. And then when it was time to open my present.
My parents and all others thought that I was going to like the present.
But when I opened it I couldn`t believe my eyes., it was a bike. I already had one but they said that this bike were cooler than my older rosty one. But who did care aboat that, my old bike still worked. All this waiting for nothing. I expected you know maybe , beyblades, games or things like that.
I think they saw that I didn`t like the present. That was really embarrasing.

This seems really selfish and arrogant.
Dashy, c'mon ur parents spent so much on the bike and u din't like it they feel sad and embarressed cause they kept so expectations that you were going to say ''oh, thanks i love it dad and mom'' or ''woah thanks'' not even them even my parents feel sad(or sometimes angry) if i dont like a present that they bought for me
(Mar. 23, 2012  4:04 PM)THE DRAGOON Wrote: Dashy, c'mon ur parents spent so much on the bike and u din't like it they feel sad and embarressed cause they kept so expectations that you were going to say ''oh, thanks i love it dad and mom'' or ''woah thanks'' not even them even my parents feel sad(or sometimes angry) if i dont like a present that they bought for me

I know but that did happen a long time ago when I was 7 years old when I just cared aboat toys and not bikes.

(Mar. 23, 2012  3:31 PM)Ultra Wrote: This seems really selfish and arrogant.

This. They're called presents for a reason. They didn't have to get you the bike. They didn't have to do anything of that sort, really. They could have just let you come home, and just not said or done anything.
sometimes you doesn`t like the present but keeps it secret. that was hard in my age for me
I am certain that Dashy realises the effort his family made, but this is just like with Hasbro : OK, we get something, it is a "present", but on another side, some of their decisions are horrible.
My sister got me battle-strikers mistaking them for Beyblades for my christmas present.
It was CARP!!!
But i kept it even though i hated it...(Just hope she doesn't get me one for my birthday :s)
(Mar. 23, 2012  9:02 PM)5p1r1t Dude Wrote: My sister got me battle-strikers mistaking them for Beyblades for my christmas present.
It was CARP!!!
But i kept it even though i hated it...(Just hope she doesn't get me one for my birthday :s)

Isn`t Battle strikers goodChocked_2 you can control your bey in a battle isn`t that awesome.

I asked for the Galaxy Pegasus/Metel L-Drago Triple Battle Set for my birthday. My mom misinterpreted me and got me another regular Galaxy Pegasus. I traded it for a Rock Pegasus 105WD...

Another time, I asked for NASCAR 08. I got it, but it was too much for me to keep up and it was hard to drive. I still have it, but I haven't played it in a few months...
I understand the sentiments, but I still feel that this thread is overflowing with feelings of non-appreciation...

I personally would argue that the presents I didn't like were when I didn't get many or no presents at all, which seems a lot more sensible to me.

Ex: I got a UDXS with a free Death Quetzalcoatl for both Christmas and my birthday. They're two months apart, but normally I get at least one present on my birthday and a few on Christmas. Instead, I got some trinkets from a gift shop in Great Wolf Lodge (which I really didn't want, I would've rather gotten a bey) for $5 and the UDXS (which thanks to Jay/WabbitStore I got a free Death Quetz as well) for Christmas and my birthday.
(Mar. 23, 2012  3:10 PM)Dashy Wrote: ME:
I waited for a long time till my birthday to come, and when it was finally here. I only got one present for some reason. I think it was because it was very very big. It was at home. And then when it was time to open my present.
My parents and all others thought that I was going to like the present.
But when I opened it I couldn`t believe my eyes., it was a bike. I already had one but they said that this bike were cooler than my older rosty one. But who did care aboat that, my old bike still worked. All this waiting for nothing. I expected you know maybe , beyblades, games or things like that.
I think they saw that I didn`t like the present. That was really embarrasing.
I have a Question...

How do you rap and open a bike in present paper ???

Bicycles often come in boxes, but even when they do not, it is not difficult to put them in one...

Wrapping one is also not particularly hard.
(Mar. 23, 2012  5:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am certain that Dashy realises the effort his family made, but this is just like with Hasbro : OK, we get something, it is a "present", but on another side, some of their decisions are horrible.

Hardly the same... presents are gifts from people. Hasbro is marketing. Hasbro didn't give us any presents, they bring us products so that people spend their money on them. Huge difference...
I don't think this a thread full of bad feelings. if anything it shows how much people care about relatives feelings. for instance they have said they kept the presents and didn't tell them they didn't like the presents. mine was when I got a b-daman that I love, but then somebody bought the same B-daman but a rarer version, I was dissapointed that they hadn't talked to each other about what presents they were getting because it upset them aswell.
(Mar. 25, 2012  2:11 PM)ljadams9 Wrote: Hardly the same... presents are gifts from people. Hasbro is marketing. Hasbro didn't give us any presents, they bring us products so that people spend their money on them. Huge difference...

Perfect. Perhaps you can post the same thing when people try to defend Hasbro and write : "Hey, at least we're getting something, just appreciate it".
Well, again, that's different. What exactly is it that makes Hasbro so terrible anyway?
Nothing. Apparently ALL people who collect Hasbro Beyblades first are able to purchase something quote-on-quote "better" from Takara-TOMY online? Not meaning to sound 'offensively' sarcastic, there are young fans who care less about what is available and just go with it. I was friends with at least one Beyblader back in high school that was well aware of Takara's versions of Bakushin Susanoo distinction to the American DS game release, that didn't need really "fast parts".

EDIT: Don't kill me for this.

On topic:

I try not to vocalize my disappointment because it always sounds weird from me, but;

Mega Blocks after I got tired of them. Absolutely did not open about three sets bought for me.
Well I remember everyone kicking off when we had Ocean Wrath G and Appollon G announced. But I thought it was the most stupid thing for people to be pissed about. Not only do we already have the Takara versions floating around (although rare) on selling sites, we also had NEW RECOLOURS! Genius idea! More of this and I'll be happy!
Just the fact that approximately eighty percent of the representatives in the world championship today had a lot of TAKARA-TOMY parts and equipment items should tell you what is wrong with Hasbro.

In any case, this is not really on-topic, and, Dashy, I had asked you to change this thread so that it also involved being upset about a purchase (preferably pre-ordered) that ended up being a disappointment.
(Mar. 25, 2012  6:56 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2012  2:11 PM)ljadams9 Wrote: Hardly the same... presents are gifts from people. Hasbro is marketing. Hasbro didn't give us any presents, they bring us products so that people spend their money on them. Huge difference...

Perfect. Perhaps you can post the same thing when people try to defend Hasbro and write : "Hey, at least we're getting something, just appreciate it".

The "gifts" are electro battlers, IR spin control and all the other carp they decided to make.
I thought I would end up not liking this XTS "Tornado Destroyer". I was quite wrong, It's actually pretty entertaining, and the only Bey I use outside of the stadium.
This is knid of what Kai-V said about a purchase that was a disappointment: Triple Battle Set. The grooves in the stadium were supposed to be bumps, and I got another Pegasus for nothing. The only cool part was Meteo. And then it was released in a single pack about a month after I bought this.
My aunt sent me glitter pink nail polish! I may be a girl, but I'm not a 'girly girl'. Fortunately, she wasn't there to see me open it.
When I was little and I was in to digimon, for my 4th b-day I got 4 of the same digimons it was epic lame-o