Post Requirements on the Organizer's Quiz

I go offline for 2 days and everyone has forgot about me lol
(Jun. 16, 2021  2:45 AM)JJustice Wrote: I go offline for 2 days and everyone has forgot about me lol

Lol I still made a chapter for you in Beyjitzu but let's not get off topic
It’s not that hard to get 50 posts. I got it in about 3 days of entering the site without spamming or having any intent of becoming an organiser. If it’s 50 threads not posts, then that’s an entirely different story.

As long as you have the will to hold conversation on beyblade it’s easy. If you don’t, why are you on the site?
(Jun. 16, 2021  2:45 AM)JJustice Wrote: I go offline for 2 days and everyone has forgot about me lol

I don't see how you being offline for 2 days has to deal with this thread? Are you just trying to get attention?
(Jun. 16, 2021  3:46 AM)Orbit Wrote: It’s not that hard to get 50 posts. I got it in about 3 days of entering the site without spamming or having any intent of becoming an organiser. If it’s 50 threads not posts, then that’s an entirely different story.

As long as you have the will to hold conversation on beyblade it’s easy. If you don’t, why are you on the site?
It doesn’t seem too hard. I got it in like a week, and I normally don’t post carp, and if I do, it’s in random thoughts. I’m not even old enough to be an organizer, so it surprises me the people my age and the age of some of my siblings can’t get the count without a bunch of lol’s and yea’s. I do think a lot of people are pretty overwhelmed by the unnecessary complexity of such a simple kids toy, and instead of trying to understand and grow their knowledge about the metagame, they try to apply their knowledge to a much more complicated game, leading to confusion and eventually,boredom. I e personally exposed myself gradually, with the anime, toys, YT vids, and wiki before joint the wbo so I wasn’t completely lost. I sound like a psychologist lol
(Jun. 16, 2021  4:21 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:

I don't see how you being offline for 2 days has to deal with this thread? Are you just trying to get attention?

nah not really just trying to be friendly!
I am a parent that has 4 children and would like to become an organizer. My son is really into beyblades but honestly I don't have time or energy to keep up with 50 threads. I would think maybe there could be an age limit to 50 threads to become an organizer or maybe take the test and if you don't pass that's the punishment. I am a responsible adult with a degree in Education and have no idea why posting 50 threads would be a requirement to host a beyblade tournament. Also, I have no idea what spamming is but if it is posting a bunch of posts so I could sponsor a tournament closer to my city so I don't have to drive so far all the time, that was my plan.
50 posts, not 50 threads. If anyone posts 50 threads, well, at that point they've either been here for many years or are treating the forums like a Discord chatroom and need to be counseled.

You can be a responsible adult, but that doesn't mean you're suited to running a Beyblade tournament. There's a lot of infrastructure planning and organizational tasks that go into it. There's also a lot of somewhat inflexible rules that need to be adhered to. It's all detailed in the format rules documents and the organizer's guide, which are publicly available.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folde...eenK-Unpjg
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gDJ8...sp=sharing

And the only way you're going to be able to prove to the staff that you know Beyblade well enough to run a tournament according to WBO rules is to post, and be part of the beyblade community, and to complete the organizer's quiz once that's out of its "under repair" status.
If you can't convince WBO staff that you understand the details of Beyblade through having 50 meaningful posts (not threads) in existing or new threads, then it is unlikely that they will approve you to become a WBO organizer.

Yes, quickly making 50 posts solely for the purpose of getting organizer-approved would count as spamming. They've seen it before. That sort of thing is spotted relatively quickly. I won't say it's instantly disqualifying, I know of at least one organizer who I would consider a non-stop-spambot completely unable to fulfil actual organizer duties who got approved. But it's rare that anyone who posts meaningless content just to bump their post count will ever become an organizer.

If your very first post is to complain about the 50 post requirement to become an organizer, that's concerning behavior.
(Jun. 20, 2021  3:54 PM)Kana Wrote: I am a parent that has 4 children and would like to become an organizer. My son is really into beyblades but honestly I don't have time or energy to keep up with 50 threads. I would think maybe there could be an age limit to 50 threads to become an organizer or maybe take the test and if you don't pass that's the punishment. I am a responsible adult with a degree in Education and have no idea why posting 50 threads would be a requirement to host a beyblade tournament. Also, I have no idea what spamming is but if it is posting a bunch of posts so I could sponsor a tournament closer to my city so I don't have to drive so far all the time, that was my plan.

This is one reason that this thread should be moved to the Organizer's Circle.
(Jun. 20, 2021  5:11 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2021  3:54 PM)Kana Wrote: I am a parent that has 4 children and would like to become an organizer. My son is really into beyblades but honestly I don't have time or energy to keep up with 50 threads. I would think maybe there could be an age limit to 50 threads to become an organizer or maybe take the test and if you don't pass that's the punishment. I am a responsible adult with a degree in Education and have no idea why posting 50 threads would be a requirement to host a beyblade tournament. Also, I have no idea what spamming is but if it is posting a bunch of posts so I could sponsor a tournament closer to my city so I don't have to drive so far all the time, that was my plan.

This is one reason that this thread should be moved to the Organizer's Circle.

~Mana~ made this thread here, so I think that he disagrees.
I think people who aren't currently organizers might have some thoughts on the post requirement. The idea that they should be denied the opportunity to discuss it is... troubling.
(Jun. 20, 2021  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I think people who aren't currently organizers might have some thoughts on the post requirement. The idea that they should be denied the opportunity to discuss it is... troubling.
I'm not denying anything. Maybe I said it wrong. I should have said that there should be an organizer-only discussion on this topic.
(Jun. 20, 2021  6:35 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2021  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I think people who aren't currently organizers might have some thoughts on the post requirement. The idea that they should be denied the opportunity to discuss it is... troubling.
I'm not denying anything. Maybe I said it wrong. I should have said that there should be an organizer-only discussion on this topic.

What? Why? The people who are organizers don't really get any say in who else becomes an organizer. Staff decides that. What possible use could an organizer and staff only discussion on this topic provide that a staff only discussion couldn't? The heck kind of wisdom does any organizer think they have on this topic that they wouldn't want to say in a public thread where everyone could see it?
Oof I confused myself...
(Jun. 20, 2021  4:12 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 50 posts, not 50 threads. If anyone posts 50 threads, well, at that point they've either been here for many years or are treating the forums like a Discord chatroom and need to be counseled.

You can be a responsible adult, but that doesn't mean you're suited to running a Beyblade tournament. There's a lot of infrastructure planning and organizational tasks that go into it. There's also a lot of somewhat inflexible rules that need to be adhered to. It's all detailed in the format rules documents and the organizer's guide, which are publicly available.

And the only way you're going to be able to prove to the staff that you know Beyblade well enough to run a tournament according to WBO rules is to post, and be part of the beyblade community, and to complete the organizer's quiz once that's out of its "under repair" status.
If you can't convince WBO staff that you understand the details of Beyblade through having 50 meaningful posts (not threads) in existing or new threads, then it is unlikely that they will approve you to become a WBO organizer.

Yes, quickly making 50 posts solely for the purpose of getting organizer-approved would count as spamming. They've seen it before. That sort of thing is spotted relatively quickly. I won't say it's instantly disqualifying, I know of at least one organizer who I would consider a non-stop-spambot completely unable to fulfil actual organizer duties who got approved. But it's rare that anyone who posts meaningless content just to bump their post count will ever become an organizer.

If your very first post is to complain about the 50 post requirement to become an organizer, that's concerning behavior.

I am a teacher that has to coordinate lesson plans and a whole classroom of elementary aged kids. I can probably figure out how to put on a tournament. I would like to have a trial run first, which maybe should be a requirement instead of 50 posts. I hardly think I am complaining; simply replying to someone else's post and putting in my opinion. I don't think 50 POSTS is a way of showing how much you care about beyblades or putting on tournaments. If you make it so difficult to put on a tournament that no one wants to do it, that is concerning behavior to me.
(Jun. 22, 2021  5:17 PM)Kana Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2021  4:12 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: 50 posts, not 50 threads. If anyone posts 50 threads, well, at that point they've either been here for many years or are treating the forums like a Discord chatroom and need to be counseled.

I am a teacher that has to coordinate lesson plans and a whole classroom of elementary aged kids. I can probably figure out how to put on a tournament. I would like to have a trial run first, which maybe should be a requirement instead of 50 posts. I hardly think I am complaining; simply replying to someone else's post and putting in my opinion. I don't think 50 POSTS is a way of showing how much you care about beyblades or putting on tournaments. If you make it so difficult to put on a tournament that no one wants to do it, that is concerning behavior to me.

50 posts shows your dedication to WBO and if you were to spam then you wouldn't pass and besides the Organizer quiz is pretty hard so if you pass that proves your ready to become an organizer
You've made 2 posts total and think you should be given the green light to hold a trial run event. There's no way they're going to let you run a WBO event without at least having taken the organizers quiz, that's the bare minimum to see whether or not you can run a tournament consistent with WBO rules. Heck, no one even knows what region you're in and if there's any one trusted around to help you run your first tournament, or if you've even been to a WBO event or have seen one

But, I tell you what: ~Mana~, for the sake of beta testing the new organizers quiz that is in the works, why don't you send them a draft copy of the questions, give em a day or so to respond back with the answers, and see how they do. You've skipped the 50 post requirement for at least one organizer that I know of, so this shouldn't be an issue. If they do well on the quiz there shouldn't be a problem, right? Open book quiz, no asking for help. If they do well enough, let em be a WBO organizer.
(Jun. 22, 2021  5:17 PM)Kana Wrote:

I am a teacher that has to coordinate lesson plans and a whole classroom of elementary aged kids.  I can probably figure out how to put on a tournament. I would like to have a trial run first, which maybe should be a requirement instead of 50 posts.   I hardly think I am complaining; simply replying to someone else's post and putting in my opinion. I don't think 50 POSTS is a way of showing how much you care about beyblades or putting on tournaments. If you make it so difficult to put on a tournament that no one wants to do it, that is concerning behavior to me.
50 posts is not hard. Simply put, if you can't make 50 decent posts, then you most likely just don't care. It's really not that hard to make a tournament. The way the WBO does it makes it so that if you are qualified to make a tournament, then you can. If someone doesn't make a ranked tournament right, then they could screw up the entire ranking system. You may not have though of this, but if you had, then you are not taking this seriously enough. While this might be a bit of an overkill comparison, how would you feel, if a 12 year old child hosted the Olympics. Okay, that's very overkill, but you get the idea.
(Jun. 23, 2021  3:32 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2021  5:17 PM)Kana Wrote: I am a teacher that has to coordinate lesson plans and a whole classroom of elementary aged kids.  I can probably figure out how to put on a tournament. I would like to have a trial run first, which maybe should be a requirement instead of 50 posts.   I hardly think I am complaining; simply replying to someone else's post and putting in my opinion. I don't think 50 POSTS is a way of showing how much you care about beyblades or putting on tournaments. If you make it so difficult to put on a tournament that no one wants to do it, that is concerning behavior to me.
50 posts is not hard. Simply put, if you can't make 50 decent posts, then you most likely just don't care. It's really not that hard to make a tournament. The way the WBO does it makes it so that if you are qualified to make a tournament, then you can. If someone doesn't make a ranked tournament right, then they could screw up the entire ranking system. You may not have though of this, but if you had, then you are not taking this seriously enough. While this might be a bit of an overkill comparison, how would you feel, if a 12 year old child hosted the Olympics. Okay, that's very overkill, but you get the idea.

Exactly I've only been here for four months and I have over 700 posts meaningful ones
I do not know what 2 posts or 50 posts has anything to do with running a tournament. I simply don't have the time to sit around and talk to little boys about things that are meaningless. I am sorry I don't live in my parent's basement and have the leisure to be on the computer at anytime of the day. It's called adulting and all you should try it. I travel far distances taking my children to tournaments in the area and would like to not travel as far on some occasions. It seems the only way to do this is to run a tournament myself. Simply put, I think my time would be used more wisely trying to figure out how to put on a tournament the best way possible instead of engaging in conversations that do not help me learn anything about putting on a tournament.
(Jun. 25, 2021  12:44 AM)Kana Wrote: I do not know what 2 posts or 50 posts has anything to do with running a tournament. I simply don't have the time to sit around and talk to little boys about things that are meaningless. I am sorry I don't live in my parent's basement and have the leisure to be on the computer at anytime of the day. It's called adulting and all you should try it. I travel far distances taking my children to tournaments in the area and would like to not travel as far on some occasions. It seems the only way to do this is to run a  tournament myself. Simply put, I think my time would be used more wisely trying to figure out how to put on a tournament the best way possible instead of engaging in conversations that do not help me learn anything about putting on a tournament.
Skill issue
(Jun. 25, 2021  12:44 AM)Kana Wrote: I do not know what 2 posts or 50 posts has anything to do with running a tournament. I simply don't have the time to sit around and talk to little boys about things that are meaningless. I am sorry I don't live in my parent's basement and have the leisure to be on the computer at anytime of the day. It's called adulting and all you should try it. I travel far distances taking my children to tournaments in the area and would like to not travel as far on some occasions. It seems the only way to do this is to run a  tournament myself. Simply put, I think my time would be used more wisely trying to figure out how to put on a tournament the best way possible instead of engaging in conversations that do not help me learn anything about putting on a tournament.

(Just wanted to point out some of us are girls) and again it shows your dedication to WBO and how mature you are then it will let you take the test, the reason you need 50 posts is that they don't want just anyone taking the quiz they want responsible people that are dedicated to WBO and besides you also need to pass the quiz which is a challenge it's self if you don't want to become an organizer you could get some people around your neighborhood to come and hang out and if you think it's meaningless to talk about Beyblade here that's fine but still you need 50 posts to do the quiz and I don't think they're planning on changing it also the person DeseacedCrab is actually an adult (As far as I know) so I'm pretty sure he showed dedication to WBO and proved himself to become an awesome organizer and if you can't find a tournament in ur area that's why you should become an organizer but you need to prove your ready to become one and you have experience with Beyblade if you don't have any experience with beyblade then running a tournament will almost be Impossiable and if you can't get 50 posts then I'm sorry but you can't become an organizer (I did not mean any offense I was just awnsering your question) A wise person once said [font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Part of the reason there's a 50 post requirement is to see if each user that takes the Quiz is responsible and mature enough to be a good Organizer.-CircusNinja3[/font]
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:10 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

(Just wanted to point out some of us are girls) and again it shows your dedication to WBO and how mature you are then it will let you take the test, the reason you need 50 posts is that they don't want just anyone taking the quiz they want responsible people that are dedicated to WBO and besides you also need to pass the quiz which is a challenge it's self if you don't want to become an organizer you could get some people around your neighborhood to come and hang out and if you think it's meaningless to talk about Beyblade here that's fine but still you need 50 posts to do the quiz and I don't think they're planning on changing it also the person DeseacedCrab is actually an adult (As far as I know) so I'm pretty sure he showed dedication to WBO and proved himself to become an awesome organizer and if you can't find a tournament in ur area that's why you should become an organizer but you need to prove your ready to become one and you have experience with Beyblade if you don't have any experience with beyblade then running a tournament will almost be Impossiable and if you can't get 50 posts then I'm sorry but you can't become an organizer (I did not mean any offense I was just awnsering your question) A wise person once said [font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Part of the reason there's a 50 post requirement is to see if each user that takes the Quiz is responsible and mature enough to be a good Organizer.-CircusNinja3[/font]

Hate to say it but if I were you I'd stay out of this since you don't entirely understand how this whole pre-organizer stuff works.
 I would like to make a suggestion, why don't you lend this account to your son? He has the time on his hand and can easily reach the 50 post limit target. After that you can apply for that role
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:19 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:10 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: (Just wanted to point out some of us are girls) and again it shows your dedication to WBO and how mature you are then it will let you take the test, the reason you need 50 posts is that they don't want just anyone taking the quiz they want responsible people that are dedicated to WBO and besides you also need to pass the quiz which is a challenge it's self if you don't want to become an organizer you could get some people around your neighborhood to come and hang out and if you think it's meaningless to talk about Beyblade here that's fine but still you need 50 posts to do the quiz and I don't think they're planning on changing it also the person DeseacedCrab is actually an adult (As far as I know) so I'm pretty sure he showed dedication to WBO and proved himself to become an awesome organizer and if you can't find a tournament in ur area that's why you should become an organizer but you need to prove your ready to become one and you have experience with Beyblade if you don't have any experience with beyblade then running a tournament will almost be Impossiable and if you can't get 50 posts then I'm sorry but you can't become an organizer (I did not mean any offense I was just awnsering your question) A wise person once said [font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Part of the reason there's a 50 post requirement is to see if each user that takes the Quiz is responsible and mature enough to be a good Organizer.-CircusNinja3[/font]

Hate to say it but if I were you I'd stay out of this since you don't entirely understand how this whole pre-organizer stuff works.

*Sighs*