Poll: WBO Driver Variant Rule

Poll: Do you agree with the new driver variant rule restricting all Driver variants to one variant per deck in deck format?

The new rule is fine
27.87%
Use proposed change
44.26%
Drivers should not be limited at all
27.87%
Total: 100% 61 vote(s)
(Nov. 01, 2021  10:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  8:59 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Well, having one of a part is fine in a deck. Using any driver has a downside, being drift has a bad same spin side, bearing is easy to burst and, and so on. But having two means that you can eliminate that. In deck, you can constantly switch to opposite spin drift, and same spin bearing. So just the two of those should have only one version. I myself use drift as attack, not LAD. So I don't think we need to jump forward to banning it completely.

Drift's same-spin is underrated somewhat, and I have beaten even Bearing with it before... though some of that might be the fact that I was using Roar while they were using the more defensive Vanish. I seem to have a really good winrate with Roar Vs. Vanish to begin with so that helps immensely. It's still definitely not undefeatable in same-spin though, or in opposite spin either, and I feel like that's what people seem to fear the most. The same applies to Bearing too, people seem to live in fear of it and/or give it more credit than is due.

Still, it's very arguable about whether it's unfair at all, or whether people just need to get more creative when it comes to facing these sorts of decks. There is a point where skill can overcome even a poor matchup, and I feel like that is often ignored. Heck, I've said time and time again the story of how I beat opposite spin Drift using Orbit, a matchup that should be unwinnable. Is Drift really so bad if I can pull off that in first stage, unable to use a deck to find a better matchup?

I agree, but a double drift deck means you can constantly switch to opposite spin. It's not an unwinnable matchup, but it's not pretty. You have to be really good to overcome that, and most new players aren't. The concern is not for me, it just seems that it's a bit tricky, and I've had to use really funky strategies to win deck matches. I actually disagree with the fact that people live in fear of bearing, as I have had some very lucky wins with it. Most people I face think they will win with opposite spin drifts, even in prelims, 9/10 times they do not.

Again, I have had to switch to Drift as attack, and I use bearing as my same spin and LAD combo. I HIGHLY recommend this when or if facing Double drift decks. It's a solid strategy.
(Nov. 02, 2021  12:28 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2021  10:44 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Drift's same-spin is underrated somewhat, and I have beaten even Bearing with it before... though some of that might be the fact that I was using Roar while they were using the more defensive Vanish. I seem to have a really good winrate with Roar Vs. Vanish to begin with so that helps immensely. It's still definitely not undefeatable in same-spin though, or in opposite spin either, and I feel like that's what people seem to fear the most. The same applies to Bearing too, people seem to live in fear of it and/or give it more credit than is due.

Still, it's very arguable about whether it's unfair at all, or whether people just need to get more creative when it comes to facing these sorts of decks. There is a point where skill can overcome even a poor matchup, and I feel like that is often ignored. Heck, I've said time and time again the story of how I beat opposite spin Drift using Orbit, a matchup that should be unwinnable. Is Drift really so bad if I can pull off that in first stage, unable to use a deck to find a better matchup?

I agree, but a double drift deck means you can constantly switch to opposite spin. It's not an unwinnable matchup, but it's not pretty. You have to be really good to overcome that, and most new players aren't. The concern is not for me, it just seems that it's a bit tricky, and I've had to use really funky strategies to win deck matches. I actually disagree with the fact that people live in fear of bearing, as I have had some very lucky wins with it. Most people I face think they will win with opposite spin drifts, even in prelims, 9/10 times they do not.

Again, I have had to switch to Drift as attack, and I use bearing as my same spin and LAD combo. I HIGHLY recommend this when or if facing Double drift decks. It's a solid strategy.

That's the thing with deck: you can only force opposite spin Drift if you've lost the last point. If you won it you choose first and they can force you into same spin over it, and at that point... is it really so broken when your opponent has the option to try and hard counter you? Sure, if you get the first point you're at a clear advantage, but that's true no matter what parts you're using and isn't an argument at all.

Opposite spin Drift still isn't a free win anyways. For as difficult as it is, it can be beaten through LAD as well, and in fact you can gain an edge against it by hard launching to try and force it to gain enough spin to self-KO on the tornado ridge on basically anything. That's exactly how I beat it with opposite spin Orbit in fact, and it worked wonders.

Yes, double Drift would be rough against newer players, but isn't that true of any sound strategy? It's not intrinsic to the parts, but the game as a whole. The entire point of building your deck is to be hard on your opponent. No rule change will do anything about that.
(Nov. 02, 2021  12:50 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2021  12:28 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: I agree, but a double drift deck means you can constantly switch to opposite spin. It's not an unwinnable matchup, but it's not pretty. You have to be really good to overcome that, and most new players aren't. The concern is not for me, it just seems that it's a bit tricky, and I've had to use really funky strategies to win deck matches. I actually disagree with the fact that people live in fear of bearing, as I have had some very lucky wins with it. Most people I face think they will win with opposite spin drifts, even in prelims, 9/10 times they do not.

That's the thing with deck: you can only force opposite spin Drift if you've lost the last point. If you won it you choose first and they can force you into same spin over it, and at that point... is it really so broken when your opponent has the option to try and hard counter you? Sure, if you get the first point you're at a clear advantage, but that's true no matter what parts you're using and isn't an argument at all.
Here’s the thing though about winning: You can do one of two things:
1. Make one of your drift combos guilty so that it doesn’t matter if they choose same spin or not since you can KO the opponent.
2. You can have a third combo, say an attack type or a versatile combo, that’s likely to beat wherever they choose to use.
So basically even if you win, with the right double drift deck you can still have an OP deck.
Let’s get rid of Dr, MDr & Br’ deck so people can instead use…Dr, Br’ & Zn’Z.

Lol, it’s hardly any different. Really.

I love this argument that this rule will suddenly foster more creativity and variety in decks.

A tough deck is a tough deck. If you can beat a deck with skill then why ban the parts? Don’t put the game on “easy mode” cause you can’t beat the level. Practice, get better & figure it out. Double Dr deck is not an auto-win. I’ve seen it first hand at my own tournament.
(Nov. 02, 2021  2:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2021  12:50 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: That's the thing with deck: you can only force opposite spin Drift if you've lost the last point. If you won it you choose first and they can force you into same spin over it, and at that point... is it really so broken when your opponent has the option to try and hard counter you? Sure, if you get the first point you're at a clear advantage, but that's true no matter what parts you're using and isn't an argument at all.
1. Make one of your drift combos guilty so that it doesn’t matter if they choose same spin or not since you can KO the opponent.
2. You can have a third combo, say an attack type or a versatile combo, that’s likely to beat wherever they choose to use.
So basically even if you win, with the right double drift deck you can still have an OP deck.

Not to mention, with double drift I feel like a lot of matches would be: You win, they switch to counter your drift, they win, you switch to your opposite spin drift, you win, they switch to counter your new drift, they win, etc etc etc. A lot of back-and-forth points scoring.
(Nov. 02, 2021  2:27 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 02, 2021  12:50 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: That's the thing with deck: you can only force opposite spin Drift if you've lost the last point. If you won it you choose first and they can force you into same spin over it, and at that point... is it really so broken when your opponent has the option to try and hard counter you? Sure, if you get the first point you're at a clear advantage, but that's true no matter what parts you're using and isn't an argument at all.

Let's assume for a moment my opponent is using left spin Drift, right spin Drift, and then a Guilty on Xtreme'. Let's be honest, this is how you'd do it because doing two Drift in the same spin direction is fairly silly. I whip out Vanish on Bearing. Vanish on Bearing will probably beat their left spin Drift combo decently often, and Vanish is probably one of the hardest things to KO with Guilty. This is a bad situation for the double Drift deck, with a single one of my beys having a strict advantage over their left spin Drift and having a solid counter option against their best attempt to attack. Effectively, I have 2 slots pinned with one combo, and I haven't even revealed the other 2 combos in my deck yet either.

Now assume I'm using Dynamite+F on Bearing' instead. Once again I'm beating the same-spin Drift combo easily here irregardless of what blade my opponent is using (Nothing else has enough Stamina to match it here), and though Dynamite+F is easier for Guilty to KO it's still not the best thing to see either with little to no chance to beat it if it fails to get an early KO. Once again the advantage is in my hands, and I still have two deck slots left to try and hinder my opponent's Guilty more and handle their left spin Drift combo too. It's not quite as strong as the two-for-one combo above, but it's certainly no free win.

Even if your opponent is using a Guilty on Drift as one of their combos and using something else for their third slot that isn't Drift, it's still not a guaranteed win for that combo. It can fail to KO in either spin direction, it can lose control and self-KO/run its own spin out, it can lose the LAD fight against other high LAD things because Guilty isn't the greatest at equalization, and it suffers even more against something as tanky as Vanish without the speed of a rubber flat. It's a gambling play, not a consistent one, a way to have a chance against anything but not always a great one. In the end I used it myself in that way, primarily because I had seen a lot of Guilty on rubber flats that day and had decent luck using Drift against it, and lo and behold my Guilty served as a counter to theirs as I planned it.

Plus on top of all this Xtend+ was a way to hinder Drift further, and we have a new release of that coming out pretty soon. That itself will nerf Drift's power, give people a reason to consider whether it's worth running two Drifts when one of those combos could be hindered badly by the opponent's High Xtend+' combo, and make people question whether their opponent would use Drift, Bearing, or High Xtend+ in first stage too.

Double Drift is strong on paper, but it's also rather fragile if you push on it just the right way by pressuring that third deck combo if you build your own deck right, and all it really takes for that is a good left spin Bearing combo to do and/or the upcoming High Xtend+' release. It is literally all down to Guilty to determine the outcome there, and at that point you either better be very skilled with Attack to swing it in your favor (upon which case you earned it through skill and not deck building) or want to play to get lucky.

(Nov. 02, 2021  3:06 AM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Let’s get rid of Dr, MDr & Br’ deck so people can instead use…Dr, Br’ & Zn’Z.

Lol, it’s hardly any different. Really.

I love this argument that this rule will suddenly foster more creativity and variety in decks.

A tough deck is a tough deck. If you can beat a deck with skill then why ban the parts? Don’t put the game on “easy mode” cause you can’t beat the level. Practice, get better & figure it out. Double Dr deck is not an auto-win. I’ve seen it first hand at my own tournament.

That's even ignoring things like this. Even if you lose Double Drift, there are enough things similar enough to Drift (once again, High Xtend+' is coming and will probably be in the meta immediately) that you can create your own non-Drift clone to take that spot anyways. There is nothing to gain from this in the long run without putting a restriction on parts that serve a similar purpose, which is even more restricting than what we currently have and absolutely destroys all creativity in deckbuilding by forcing people to use things that serve specific purposes instead of being able to come up with their own.
I wasn’t going to post in this thread but after reading everything I figured I would put my thoughts about it in anyway. As of right now I haven’t voted yet because I don’t know if what I was thinking when it came to this rule is what we got. Anyway, it’s no secret that from the start I have been adamant about double drift and double bearing being a recipe for disaster for the meta game of Beyblade in the WBO Deck format.

Now after some time of reading and thinking about the rule change I gotta say I agree and disagree with the rule. There are plenty of drivers right now that this rule doesn’t even really effect because you would never use both variants in a deck. Let’s be real, would you really use Quick and Quick’ in the same deck? Probably not. It’s true that right now it’s ONLY Bearing’ and Metal Drift that have caused this to be a problem. Those of us that are for this change are for it because we have seen the severe impact drivers like Bearing, Drift, Xtend+, Zone’+Z, Etc… have made on the game. And from those impacts we fear that allowing 2 of some of these drivers could potentially break the game in a very negative way.

I’m pretty sure the approach the staff members took was so that way they would never have to worry about this issue coming up ever again. It’s obvious that Takara Tomy is starting to make upgraded versions of these high impacting drivers. So from our point of view we want to stop this issue before it even comes up again.

Now I honestly feel that some versions of the same “named” drivers shouldn’t even be thought of as the same driver. Such as the Hyper-Sphear drivers. They preform vastly different from their Takara Tomy counterparts. They even preform completely differently from their Sling-Shock counterparts. So no I do not think these should be considered the same driver, just different versions. I whole heartedly believe that this rule should only be enforced on Regular, Dash, Metal, and Pro Series drivers. Currently I am unsure about High drivers. From my testing I have seen a difference in their performance from their regular counterparts. However, most of them haven’t really been “meta breaking” drivers. Now with High Xtend+’ coming out next month my opinion on it could change.

So this is what I think would be the correct way to word this rule…

“For formats with multiple Beyblade selection (P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one Regular, Dash, Metal, and/or Pro Series version of a Driver can be used.”

This will also leave it open enough to change in case a new type of driver is developed in the future, as well as if High drivers prove to work just the same as the original version. Luckily enough right now the only high driver that could have made this sort of impact is the upcoming High Xtend+’, but because of the + chip you won’t be able to use 2 versions of Xtend+ anyway.

I understand that the idea of this rule can hurt some strategies such as double Xtreme decks. However, I have not once seen a double Xtreme deck in the winning combinations thread once. Where as I have seen at least 3 double drift/double berating decks make it on lists in that thread. So to me since it has only been a month to see 3 double drift/double bearing decks make it to the top where as this hasn’t happened before is a little alarming.

Anyway that is how I feel about this entire debate. Ultimately I love this game enough to play it regardless of the results of this poll. I just would like people to know why it is I have felt the way I have about this topic.
(Nov. 02, 2021  4:21 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: I wasn’t going to post in this thread but after reading everything I figured I would put my thoughts about it in anyway. As of right now I haven’t voted yet because I don’t know if what I was thinking when it came to this rule is what we got. Anyway, it’s no secret that from the start I have been adamant about double drift and double bearing being a recipe for disaster for the meta game of Beyblade in the WBO Deck format.

Now after some time of reading and thinking about the rule change I gotta say I agree and disagree with the rule. There are plenty of drivers right now that this rule doesn’t even really effect because you would never use both variants in a deck. Let’s be real, would you really use Quick and Quick’ in the same deck? Probably not. It’s true that right now it’s ONLY Bearing’ and Metal Drift that have caused this to be a problem. Those of us that are for this change are for it because we have seen the severe impact drivers like Bearing, Drift, Xtend+, Zone’+Z, Etc… have made on the game. And from those impacts we fear that allowing 2 of some of these drivers could potentially break the game in a very negative way.

I’m pretty sure the approach the staff members took was so that way they would never have to worry about this issue coming up ever again. It’s obvious that Takara Tomy is starting to make upgraded versions of these high impacting drivers. So from our point of view we want to stop this issue before it even comes up again.

Now I honestly feel that some versions of the same “named” drivers shouldn’t even be thought of as the same driver. Such as the Hyper-Sphear drivers. They preform vastly different from their Takara Tomy counterparts. They even preform completely differently from their Sling-Shock counterparts. So no I do not think these should be considered the same driver, just different versions. I whole heartedly believe that this rule should only be enforced on Regular, Dash, Metal, and Pro Series drivers. Currently I am unsure about High drivers. From my testing I have seen a difference in their performance from their regular counterparts. However, most of them haven’t really been “meta breaking” drivers. Now with High Xtend+’ coming out next month my opinion on it could change.

“For formats with multiple Beyblade selection (P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one Regular, Dash, Metal, and/or Pro Series version of a Driver can be used.”

This will also leave it open enough to change in case a new type of driver is developed in the future, as well as if High drivers prove to work just the same as the original version. Luckily enough right now the only high driver that could have made this sort of impact is the upcoming High Xtend+’, but because of the + chip you won’t be able to use 2 versions of Xtend+ anyway.

I understand that the idea of this rule can hurt some strategies such as double Xtreme decks. However, I have not once seen a double Xtreme deck in the winning combinations thread once. Where as I have seen at least 3 double drift/double berating decks make it on lists in that thread. So to me since it has only been a month to see 3 double drift/double bearing decks make it to the top where as this hasn’t happened before is a little alarming.

Anyway that is how I feel about this entire debate. Ultimately I love this game enough to play it regardless of the results of this poll. I just would like people to know why it is I have felt the way I have about this topic.

I can kind of understand where you're coming from, but the fact that things are winning are not yet a sign that they are overpowered, and similarly... well, what SupaDav03 said earlier rings true too. Even if this rule is in place, what's keeping someone from a Bearing', Drift, and Zone'+Z deck instead, or a Drift, Bearing, and High Xtend+' deck? This is barely even a hit at all to this "frightening LAD meta" to have this rule implemented, and all it does is create chaos in its wake and provide a bigger hindrance to its counters. In that sense it helps feed the LAD meta more than it stops it.

There's a lot of concerns overall still, but until those concerns actually amount to anything I don't think this rule is worth it at all. It's based more on fear of things being strong than evidence, and I don't think we should be basing any rules on fear without an actual baseline behind it. We certainly shouldn't swing everywhere over a few specific parts, that's for certain.

I do need to take a closer look over the winning combos thread though, make sure you're not confusing a double Bearing deck for someone that used Bearing on two different combos in different deck matches. That's a thing I could see, but haven't had the time to check on. Might do so tomorrow, because I lost my glasses at the theme park yesterday and struggle to see as it is without them. I'll hopefully have them replaced then.
(Nov. 02, 2021  4:21 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: I wasn’t going to post in this thread but after reading everything I figured I would put my thoughts about it in anyway. As of right now I haven’t voted yet because I don’t know if what I was thinking when it came to this rule is what we got. Anyway, it’s no secret that from the start I have been adamant about double drift and double bearing being a recipe for disaster for the meta game of Beyblade in the WBO Deck format.

I really do appreciate your wilingness to read posts and share your thoughts.  I guess I will share why I really don’t like the “they don’t make top 3 anyway argument”.  Please don’t take any offense.  These are just my thoughts and how I see things.  

I think the reason to go after specific driver variants such as Br/Br’ is because there really are ppl who have and want to use double Xtreme in their decks.  Not seeing them on the top 3 isn’t really a good enough reason to stop people from playing how they want to play.  I can see someone taking great pride in getting a X, X’ and MX’ deck to the top 3.  They may try and fail even, but why are we stopping them?   Unless there is a really good reason, why are we taking away people’s fun in spinning battling tops?  Why does the double or triple xtreme enthusiast, or the liner driver family enthusiast need to make this sacrifice?   Do we have a good enough reason?  So what if these ppl might be in the minority?  Is “they don’t make top 3 anyway” a good enough reason?  They love this game too, probably.  This is just how I see it.
I have to agree with CrisisCrusher07 and Shindog with their points

1-Driver variations
There are at this point a potential 7 variants of a driver. Regular, dash, metal, high, hypersphere, pro, and Slingschock version. First of all, the entire point of this debate is that having 2 of the same drivers is bad, which I’ll talk about later. So it’s important to actually classify out of these 7 types of drivers, which ones are actually the same.
Going in order of the list :
the first thing I see performing differently is high drivers. Now high drivers might not be too different, but I don’t own any and I don’t have much info so I’m going to say we can keep the high drivers as a version because they shouldn’t perform too drastically different.
Hypersphere drivers are an entire different lineup and should NOT be considered the same as it’s counterpart.
Pro series is debatable but at the moment I’d say don’t put it in as the same driver as it’s counterpart.
Slingschock drivers are very different from their counterparts so I’d say they’re different drivers.
Now we know that regular, dash, metal, and high drivers are the same but the other 3 are in their own set.

2- The concept of which drivers shouldn’t be allowed
I stand by the idea of MAKING A LIST of drivers we should ban. Specific drivers like drift when used on opposite spinning beyblades will affect the beyblade game in a extremely negative way. As will bearing and possibly high Xtend+’. Now before anyone says “but we have to wait for more info” that’s actually exactly what we should do. I honestly forget what the rule is presently but I say give it 2 months from today. Today it’s the start of a new month so I say by the beggining of the year 2022 we should have enough information. Now let’s say I am wrong, well then forget about this. But let’s say I’m right about it having a negative effect. MAKE. A. LIST. Typically, most drivers even if 3 variants are used won’t be a problem. A good example that Shindog gave is xtreme. Xtreme is the best attack type driver, and it’s got good defense but it literally dies in any other category. That makes it very well balanced and even if a Blader is super skilled with attack types a big part of the flower pattern is just luck. So the most skilled attack type player with the best parts for attack and 3 variants of xtreme at the perfect condition of wear with the best launcher will likely go 75/25 in terms of their launch accuracy. And that’s with all the stuff listed.
I stand by this list:
“ For formats with multiple Beyblade selection (P3C1/3on3/Deck), only one Regular, Dash, Metal, and/or High version of these listed Drivers can be used”
Bearing/bearing’
Drift/Metal drift
Xtend+/High Xtend+’

The high Xtend+’ thing may or may not be on the list

I really like that everyone is giving their thoughts and everything, but at the same time I feel like this is an endless argument. Every time someone makes a point someone else disagrees. I’m not saying my points should over-rule everyone else’s but let’s just take this into account and move from there.
I do like Shindog's point though that it's not the job of the rules to prevent people from doing goofy things in deck format. If you wanna run a triple Xtreme deck, that's your call to make, and I don't see why the rules should ever get in the way of that. Realistically I believe rules are there to provide a proper guideline for play, and should only step in when there's a balancing issue or when the game is in dire need of clarification on something (e.g. the Phoenix armors when they were first released). This is neither, at the moment, though the former could show up in the future. We'll have to see if clever thinking can outwit people trying to sit on double Drift and double Bearing. I have faith in several people that they'd be able to smash through strategies like that fairly often, but only time will tell if the rest will follow.

I will say Xtend+ will not present the same issues that Bearing and Drift will. As someone else pointed out here you couldn't even run two copies of Xtend+ anyways because they share the same upgrade chip (though you could run Xtend without the + chip with High Xtend+' if you wanted to). That's safe to ignore for that alone, banned from having duplicates for already preexisting reasonings. If it ever showed up on that list, it would be just for the sake of clarification.
Brief response but I'm not sure many would run HXt+' and xt+. Xt+ has its uses (actually, there is a fair chance I would run it prior to this rule...) but I wouldn't want to double them up. Meanwhile you can run Br'+dr+xt+/zn'+z/HXt+/Rs etc etc You can already have as much effective LAD as you want. Meanwhile I'd only have one X-variant in my deck to cover all 3 of your combos, locked to one spin direction. Otherwise I have to use something with more lad to cover the less great match ups for others... Now I'm playing my drift, which is a pretty scary same spin part too. I'm not sure that is what we want from this yeah?

If you ideologically believe that in contradiction to the WBBA, dash, non dash and metal are all the same part, then fine. But if you think there is a problem with certain drivers, let's be smart about it.

Is a rule banning particular variant combinations that hard to understand? Is it more complicated than explaining why differently named parts are the same (or under the current rule, why hypersphere and regular drivers which look different and often have different names)? If we don't believe our players can do the former, then can we get away with the latter? At that point the simplest rule is none at all, which even I'm not a huge fan of. Can we not take our time and compromise just a little on this?
I would like to take a minute to talk about something that I see being mentioned in the thread. And that is the comparison to a double Drift/double Bearing deck to a deck of say Bearing, Drift and Zone’+Z. While yes no matter what way you look at it this deck combination would have an extremely high amount of LAD, it is not the same as a double Bearing/double Drift deck. Zone’+Z dose indeed have a high amount of LAD, and can compete with Drift and Bearing. However, it still falls short in the areas that Drift and Bearing accelerate at. Right now Bearing has probably the best same spin stamina in the game. It does have high opposite spin LAD yet statistically falls short against a Drift. And yeah same goes for Drift. It has right now probably the best opposite spin LAD in the game. It too has gained great same spin stamina with the release of the DB system yet once again statistically falls short to Bearing in same spin. (I’m in no way saying that they can not beat each other in the areas I am saying they are weaker in. I’m just saying that it happens a lot less.) Now look at Zone’+Z. Statistically it falls short in both areas in comparison to Bearing and Drift. So say in deck format you decide you are gonna have a each of those drivers. Your Zone’+Z combo could be the reason you lose a point and your opponent takes the advantage because your Zone’+Z fell short in that same spin match up. Where as if you had the second Bearing on that combo you would of had a much less of a chance to slightly fall short in the same spin match up. My point is that even though all three drivers have high LAD, Zone’+Z doesn’t give you the maximum opposite spin LAD like Drift does or the maximum amount of same spin stamina like Bearing does, and so is not the same as if you had the second Drift or Bearing.

Now I would like to take a minute to say that from all of the feed back of the WBO I can agree that the double Bearing and double Drift are the only real drivers that NEED to be affected by this rule. So maybe just a list of drivers that can’t be used in the same deck as their counterparts will do. But, I can also see from the Staffs point of view where they wouldn’t want to constantly have to evaluate whether or not a new part needs to be added to that list or not. My concern would more so be that how long would we have to play with 2 of something that instantly proves it’s broken in a deck before they decide to add it? With a rule effecting everything you wouldn’t have to wait, it’s already in affect. Now like I said in my last post I don’t agree with the current wording of the rule, but it does do what I feel is the best thing and that’s not allowing people to use a regular, dash, and or Metal version of the same driver together in a deck. The other thing about allowing more than one of these drivers in a deck is simply the rule that states we can’t repeat any parts in a deck. I feel as if this rule is also something that ran through the Staffs minds when they were voting on this rule. Just because a driver has a tighter spring in it doesn’t make it a different part in my eyes. It’s just an upgrade to an already existing part.

This subject has obviously been a touchy one for everyone in the WBO. There are a lot of players that love this game and unfortunately some people are not going to be happy with decisions the Staff makes. That’s probably the hardest part about being on the Staff team. They probably want to do what will make everyone happy. But, unfortunately they can’t make everyone happy and they have to make decisions to better the game as a whole. Someone will always be disappointed or just down right unhappy about a decision they have to make. But that’s the price the Staff pays for caring about this game the way they do.
Zn'+Z has an advantage over Dr and Br in terms of defensive ability, that is its niche (not everything is about stamina, remember) - in fact, I personally find it much more difficult to handle than the other two! Some driver will always be best in opposite and some driver will always be best in same spin, but I'm not sure why you seem to want to beat stamina with stamina only - though I guess with the rule change one might now have to sometimes... But Dr and Br are not hard to KO at the moment. I think it's a bit overhyped at the moment (not so much prior to some recent releases, but to some extent now they're less of an issue) - I saw a remark in the GT tournament thread which maybe I am misinterpreting but appeared to bemoan these parts presence in GT, where Judgement, Zwei and Imperial on X' or even Qc' are some of the best combos and are easily able to deal with these two by sending them to the moon - Dr is good, but that format? Not at all kind to it or Br'. It just struck me as maybe being an indication that people might be a bit too worked up, or at least, might have forgotten about attack? I do think they are very strong in standard, but using two parts with the exact same weakness in a deck is a questionable move for a part that does have bad match ups. I say this as someone with a very good Br' and Dr - my Dr has solid same spin, but there's things that will beat it, and opposite spin is very draw heavy for both of them, which makes running two of either of them potentially risky. FWIW I have done some two person testing on this, and in the end I am just not that worried with the sort of stuff I use, though the new rule makes it significantly harder for me to counter LAD. On the other hand, I do understand that some people have had to play with LAD for a while (I do recall DeceasedCrab remarking that he felt like the "mayor of draw city" which made me chuckle) and are fed up and want something done about anything that may make it worse. But, there are solutions being worked on for that, and as I've said a couple times I think this might actually make it worse rather than better - more draws for the mayor 😔

You're still working off the assumption that these drivers with their variants alongside them are a very severe issue which unfortunately there is not a huge real life basis to show. They really haven't dominated yet (obviously we don't really have data from this weekend now, which is a shame - it would have been nice to have even one more week of tournaments in areas that haven't had the chance to see use of these deck setups). As such I think it's fair to say we need time to see if they are a problem, blanket banning every part because they *might* be an issue is (and I don't mean this in an impolite way) the definition of kneejerk - people do actually need time to counter things, and now they don't really have a chance to. They may even seem strong in some peoples testing (I can't really account for blade choice in deck as my testing opponent, while capable of launching a beyblade well (with roughly the same strength as me), isn't really likely to get into the strategy as much as he has technically been blading for as many years as I have just much less often), but if those people really fear them for example it may be harder to see that for them, or harder to look for outs. Personally, I don't think anything on Dr or Br has a good time vs Guilty or even Savior on X variants. Zn'+Z does a bit better there, though - Vanish Bahamut Giga Zn'+Z is actually more of a concern for me. That can be run alongisde Dr/Rs and Br to provide opposite, same and some defensive coverage across a deck while sticking with what is colloquially referred to as "Spamina". All this rule does is make it harder to counter such a strategy, which is why I don't like the rule itself, not just the implementation.

While we are a different organisation to the WBBA, your eyes apparently do not match theirs (the manufacturers) - they do not see the metal and dash variants as the same part. I think this is important to note as the manufacturer's intent should be given some consideration versus how you and some others see it, I think?
For Metal drivers in particar: the weight difference between Fusion and Metal Fusion is about the same as a regular Stone Face and MSF-L or regular face and MF-L, which is something people definitely expressed preferences about in MFB - are those parts the same to you too? Heck, MF-M and MF-L for example actually come in the same part number, or MF-L and MF-H even share the same ring part and similar names? Yet, performance differences have been discussed heavily just on weight distribution. How are we drawing these lines?

There are passionate people who will bleed for this game on either side of the argument, staff included. Much as I might be harsh sometimes - and perhaps cross the line, it's important to note that the staff should be respected, especially for their willingness to engage on this topic and foster healthy debate - this is a big step towards the transparency that people on both sides of this discussion have asked for. Hopefully in future it is something we can do prior to decisions while still knowing a proposal is being seriously considered. I think that would take a lot of the heat away 😀
The beauty of it all is that you both mentioned the passion that players have for this sport CrisisCrusher07 & @th!nk . The staff will choose to do whatever the staff chooses to do but I know one thing, bladers will continue to play regardless and form the meta unto themselves. Respect to everyone that posted, 100%.

From my traveling the main thing I’ve noticed is the unique playstyles in each region. They form the meta differently in their own ways. North is spicy with combos that shake up the meta and although the south in more conserved we definitely know how to maximize the potential of the meta parts. Different styles but the love of the sport is why we play.

All of this to say that it’s cool that we all won’t see eye to eye, that’s the way of the world. But it’s even cooler to understand that and still agree on the aspect that we want to help this game we love in some way. Hopefully someday we can all chill, battle and joke around in person. Until then, StayCool 😎
So, I may have a mea culpa to an extent... But one that only reinforces my opinion that the new rule is actually doing more harm than good.

(Nov. 14, 2021  7:12 AM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA Burst Standard 11-13-21
South Pasadena, California 
Burst Standard Format

Mitchjett 1st
Dynamite Belial 2.Over.Bearing’-0 (F gear)
Vanish Longinus.Over.Bearing’-0
Prominence Phoenix.Nexus.Mb-10 (S gear) (deck only)
Roar Bahamut.Giga.Drift-2 (deck only)

Shindog 2nd 

kAPPERkAI 3rd
Dynamite Perseus Over Bearing' -10 (F gear)
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z-0 (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Karma Drift -7 (deck only)

Well... The new rule apparently didn't stop triple "spamina"? I actually forgot about Mobius when talking about good/great same+opp stamina drivers in the other thread yesterday or so.

So I will admit I may have been wrong - running triple "spamina" might actually be viable even in B09 at the moment.. Unfortunately that looks to be the case with the new rule in place. I would also suggest that the fact double attack decks, which is what one might want to use against those decks, are neutered, might be the only real impact the rule ends up having on "LAD Hell" (more of a purgatory I guess?)

How do we feel about the impact of the current rule considering this? It honestly makes me wonder if a targeted ban on dupes of say dr and br would even do anything (and I would say I'm generally okay with that as a concept). Alternatively, do people feel we need to go to the extent of classifying drivers by a type we assign and then banning using drivers of the same type in a deck? Personally I think it's a silly idea but honestly? Might be the only way to achieve what this rule was, as I understand anyway, meant to do.

Also again, apologies to anyone I got heated at during the discussion (especially froztz) - I'm legitimately hoping to hear what proponents think of this, so I hope I haven't had too much of an oppressive impact on dialog.
For reference on this, I have pulled together every Standard Format WC list I could find since this rule came into play.

One thing to note is the minimal change in amounts of stamina drivers (HXt+' now exists and Mb sees a little more use, Rise continues to see regionalised use, so we still have consistent 3 stamina/lad decks all over the place). Also notable is the minimal amount attack sees use, especially Ultimate and Savior. 

In terms of condition changes, we now have two very powerful attack layers which compete for parts (Guilty, Ultimate). ZeroYiggs mentioned that in a non-WBO tournament, he actually did well with a deck using both ultimate and guilty on X'/MX respectively. This is also my preferred deck, and I believe Dan and Zankye are both fond of it too. This is, of courses just people that I know have said it publicly. Hell, in 3on3 I think there is something to say for a triple attack deck (Rage 3A or savior Belial with non-dash) as it can be quite hard to handle, against the right opponent.
However as it currently stands Ultimate doesn't see much use despite Ultimate Perseus Nexus+S Xtreme' being similarly powerful to many Guilty combos - which I feel may be in part due to this rule. 

To me, it seems like we haven't done much to improve the game here while what we are doing is restricting people? I dunno. I feel I've really said my peace already, perhaps too bluntly and too often (for which I do apologise to anyone that has rubbed the wrong way - it's not personal). But I wanted to put some actual data here anyway:

(Oct. 31, 2021  1:58 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Vero Beach Blading #2, October 30th 2021, Winning Combos

1st Conce7
Guilty Longinus Karma Destroy' -2 (Deck Format Finals Only)
Prominence Belial Over Mobius -0 (Deck Format Finals Only)
Devil Perseus Giga Bearing' -7

2nd JCE_13
Guilty Longinus Giga Drift -2
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing -3
Savior Belial Karma Destroy' -7 (Deck Format Finals Only)
Dynamite +F Valkyrie Giga Bearing -7

3rd Samspriggan
Guilty Spriggan Karma Drift -3
Guilty Spriggan Karma Destroy' -3
Astral Fafnir Giga Drift -10
Dynamite +F Belial Nexus +S Bearing -0

(Oct. 31, 2021  2:55 AM)Virtuous Circle Wrote: Suit Up! It's Halloween, Trick or "BeyBlade"?
Oct 30th 2021, La Mirada, California
Winning Combos

1st t-rex blader
Dynamite Perseus Over Bearing'-10 F gear
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z+6

2nd J Bozz
Astral Fafnir Over Bearing'-10
Astral Belial2 Over Bearing'-10
Guilty Longinus Giga Destroy'-7
Dynamite Belial Nexus (S gear) Drift-2 (F gear)

3rd Burnt Toast
MCC Rage Helios2 Destroy' 3A
World Spriggan Drift 2B
Vanish Fafnir Over Zone'+Z-3

(Oct. 31, 2021  6:18 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: [Image: 68-E51879-D9-CD-46-B1-ADA1-B74-B132-EAA84.jpg]
DB: The Most Dangerous! 30-10-21

Winning Combos

1st MamaBey2122
Dynamite (F) Perseus Over Bearing' 0 (Deck Format Only)
Roar Bahamet Giga Metal Drift 6
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing 2 (Single Bey Format Only)

2nd Allen Schaffer
Prominence Perseus Giga Metal Drift 10
Roar Fafnir Over Metal Drift 7
Prominence Belial Giga Metal Drift 10
Vanish Longinus Giga Metal Universe 6 (Deck Format Only)
Dynamite (F,L) Perseus Wheel Xtend+
Dynamite (F) Perseus Tapered Bearing' 6 (Deck Format Only)

3rd Mike.Nightwing
Guilty Longinus Karma Charge' 0
Astral Perseus Over Gyro 6
Roar Bahamut Giga Bearing' 10 (Deck Format Only)

4th JJ16
Prominence Belial2 Giga Metal Drift 0 (Single Bey Format Only)
Vanish Longinus Over Metal Drift 10 (Single Bey Format Only)
Guilty Longinus Over Bearing' 0 (Deck Format Only)

(Nov. 02, 2021  6:53 PM)Kei Wrote: LET IT RIPTIDE (BST) - 10/31/21
Toronto, ON, Canada - Burst Format - Unranked (First Stage P3C1, Final Stage WBO Deck)

[Image: ctpf9Jl.jpg]

1st: henwooja1
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing’-0
Vanish Longinus Giga Zone'+Z-0
Dynamite (F Gear) Valkyrie Giga Zone'+Z-10
Dynamite (F Gear) Perseus Giga Mobius-10
Guilty Fafnir Karma Xtreme’-2
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Over Bearing'-10 (Deck Format Finals Only)
Prominence Valkyrie Tapered Mobius-6 (Deck Format Finals Only)

2nd: Tahoor
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing’-0
Prominence Valkyrie Giga Zone'+Z-10
Guilty Fafnir Karma Destroy’-2
Dynamite (F Gear) Perseus Giga Zone'+Z-3 (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd: Hey_its_Wasay
Prominence Phoenix Nexus (S Gear) Bearing’-10
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Over Bearing'-2
Dynamite (F Gear) Belial 2 Over Zone'+Z-2
Guity Longinus Karma Metal Xtreme-2
Guity Longinus Nexus (S Gear) Metal Xtreme-2

4th: BladerBeast

(Nov. 14, 2021  7:12 AM)Shindog Wrote: Shin LA Burst Standard 11-13-21
South Pasadena, California 
Burst Standard Format

Mitchjett 1st

Shindog 2nd 

kAPPERkAI 3rd
Dynamite Perseus Over Bearing' -10 (F gear)
Vanish Fafnir Giga Zone'+Z-0 (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Karma Drift -7 (deck only)

(Nov. 21, 2021  7:33 PM)Zektor Wrote: [Image: 20211120-153612-1-1-1.jpg]

The Northwest Cup 11-20-21 Burst Standard Ranked

1st Place: Zektor
Devil Valkyrie F-gear Over Zone+Z 6  
Prominence Perseus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Mobius 2 (deck only)
Roar Bahamut Giga Metal Drift 0 (deck only)
Astral Bahamut Over Bearing 0

2nd Place: Plot Armor
Dynamite Perseus F-gear Giga Rise 0 (deck only)
Prominence Belial II Over Bearing 10   
Guilty Longinus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Quick' 2 (deck only)
Dynamite Belial F-gear Over Rise 0
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' 6
Vanish Longinus Giga Drift 6

3rd Place: Beybladedb
Dynamite Belial F-gear Giga Rise 10
Vansih Longinus Over Bearing 0
Guilty Fafnir Karma Drift 6 (deck only)

4th Place: Axe_launch
Dynamite Valkyrie F-gear Over Bearing 10 (deck only)
Astral Spriggan (left) Giga Xtend+ 0   (deck only)
Guilty Longinus Nexus S-gear (fixed) Metal Destroy 2 (deck only)
Astral Fafnir Over Bering 0

(Dec. 11, 2021  5:23 AM)StayCool Wrote: Results from WBO HIT!!! ranked event

This tournament had a lot of stock combos and Guilty did AMAZING with several KO's all around. Major shoutout to Wungle who did very well with stock Greatest Raphael

Roneothebot 1st place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 6   (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Belial(F)(V) Nexus Venture 2  (deck format only)
World Spriggan (Left & Right) Unite'  2B. (single stage and deck format)

Defaultnoobisme 2nd Place

Guilty Longinus Karma Metal Destroy' 2.  (single stage and deck format)
Dynamite Bell (F) Nexus Venture 6. (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3.  (deck format only)

FG Meruem 3rd Place

Master Spriggan Wheel Drift (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Bearing' 0.  (single stage and deck format)

Tempest Fafnir 4th place

World Spriggan Unite' 2B.   (single stage and deck format)
Astral Spriggan Over Quattro 0.  (deck format only)
Vanish Fafnir Tapered Kick 3.  (deck format only)

(Dec. 14, 2021  1:51 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Silver Spring’s 2021 Finale! 12/12/2021
Silver Springs, Maryland
Burst Standard Format

Zektor 1st:

Astral Longinus Over Zone’+Z -0 (First Stage Only)
Devil Valkyrie (F Gear) Over Zone+Z -6 (First Stage and Deck Format)
Roar Longinus Giga Metal Drift -0 (Deck Format Only)
Prominence Perseus Nexus (S Gear Fixed) Mobius -2 (Deck Format Only)

geetster99 2nd:

Dynamite Perseus (F Gear) Over High Xtend+’ -2 (First Stage Only)
Vanish Longinus Over High Xtend+’ -0 (Fist Stage and Deck Format)
Dynamite Perseus (F Gear) Tapered Bearing’ -2 (Deck Format Only)
Prominence Belial 2 Giga Drift -10
(Deck Format Only)

@“LJ-Blader” 3rd:

Dynamite Perseus Over High Xtend+’ -0 (First Stage and Deck Format)
Prominence Perseus Nexus+S Mobius -0 (Deck Format Only)
Roar Bahamut Giga Metal Drift -10 (Deck Format Only)
Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+’ -3 (Deck Format Only)

(Dec. 19, 2021  2:23 AM)Zektor Wrote: [Image: IfPlxZ5.jpg]

Winning Combinations for Zektor's Oregon Open 12-18-21.
Beaverton Oregon,
Burst Standard

1st. Zektor
Roar Longinus Giga Metal Drift 0 (both stages)
Devil Valkyrie F-gear Over Zone'+Z 6 (both stages)
Prominence Perseus Nexus+S-gear (fixed) Mobius 2 (final stage)
Astral Longinus Over Zone'+Z 0 (first stage)

2nd. Jake Jones
Dynamite Perseus F-gear Over Zone'+Z 3 (both stages)
Astral Spriggan (Left) Giga Bearing' 0 (final stage)
Greatest Raphael Wheel Drift (final stage)

3rd. mang0
Dangerous Belial F-gear S-gear (fixed) Almight V-gear 0 (both stages)
Prominence Belial II Over Drift 6 (both stages)
Hollow Lucifer 4A Giga Universe (final stage)

4th. toastdkiwi
Dynamite Perseus F-gear L-gear Wheel Yard Metal (both stages)
Vanish Bahamut Over Bearing' 0 (final stage)
Greatest Raphael Giga Wave' (final stage)

(Dec. 21, 2021  3:36 AM)ZephyrDraco Wrote: Kicking Things Off For the Holidays: Houston's Back!
Sugar Land, TX
Burst Standard Format
(Club Type Round Robin; All Matches Deck Format)

1st Place: ZephyrDraco
-Dynamite (F Gear) Belial I Over Drift -2
-Vanish Fafnir Tapered Rise -3 
-Astral Spriggan Nexus (S Gear) Bearing -0
-Rage Longinus Metal Xtreme 3A
-Tempest Dragon Xtend+ 1A

2nd Place: Blader union
-Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) Ignition'
-Master Diabolos Paradox Rise (Left in First Round, Right in Finals)
-Rage Helios II (MCC) 3A Assault' (Finals Only)
-Rage Helios II (MCC) 3A Jolt'
-Savior Belial I Giga Destroy' -2
-World Fafnir Rise 2D 

3rd Place: xLostSky
-Prominence Perseus Nexus (S Gear) Bearing' -2
-Dynamite Belial F Gear Over Drift -0
-Vanish Fafnir Tapered Bearing -10
-Guilty Longinus Giga Destroy' -2

(Dec. 22, 2021  9:48 PM)Cscramon Wrote: 2021 Farewell Bash (Florida Premier Event) by Conce7
December 04, 2021

Winning Combos
===============

kingmonkey0143 1st Persius Dynamite (F Gear) giga High Xtend+' (3)
kingmonkey0143 1st Ragnaruk Glide wheel Revolve (deck only)
kingmonkey0143 1st Diabolos Venom Vanguard destroy' (deck only)

BladerColton 2nd Persius Dynamite (F Gear) over bearing (10)
BladerColton 2nd Longuinus Roar giga drift (0)
BladerColton 2nd Longuinus Roar giga zone'+Z (0) deck
BladerColton 2nd bahamut guilty karma metal xtreme (7) deck
BladerColton 2nd helios II rage 3A Destroy' deck

Nyxium 3rd bahamut guilty over planet (2) deck
Nyxium 3rd Ragnaruk astral Nexus+S drift (10)
Nyxium 3rd belial II Dynamite giga moment (0)

(Jan. 17, 2022  7:15 PM)froztz Wrote: NC The Start 2022
Waxhaw, NC- 15 Jan 2022

Burst Standard Format

Winning Combos:

1st BeybladeBlast11
Devil(F-Gear) Tapered Mobius-9
Vanish Longinus Over High Xtend+'-0
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-2
Astral Bahamut Giga Metal Drift-10

2nd BuilderROB
Guilty Longinus Giga Metal Drift-2
Dynamite(F-Gear) Perseus Over High Xtend+'-0
Vanish Bahamut Nexus(S-Gear) Rise-9

3rd TheAtomicFungus
Prominence Phoenix Giga Drift-10
Vanish Fafnir Over High Xtend+'-3  
Vanish Fafnir Over Metal Survive-3  
Dynamite(F-Gear) Perseus Over High Xtend+'-0
Greatest Raphael Blitz Metal Survive

Congrats to all winners, great job TheAtomicFungus and thanks everyone for coming out. High Xtend+' was by far the best driver of the day consistently beating Drift in opposite spin. It was used mostly on Vanish Over with a few Dynamite Over versions being used. Also a lot of Pro Series beys were used at the event.

(Jan. 22, 2022  9:23 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Vero Beach Blading #3
Co-Hosted by JCE_13 and -Fireblaze-
Vero Beach Florida - January 22, 2022

1st JCE_13

Vanish Longinus Giga Bearing' -3
Vanish Fafnir Giga Bearing' - 0
Guilty Longinus Nexus + S Metal Xtreme - 2
Devil +F Perseus Over Never - 3

2nd King_Hyperion

Guilty Fafnir Karma Metal Xtreme - 2
Dynamite +F Belial Giga Never - 3
Roar Longinus Over Bearing -7
Dynamite +F Ragnaruk Tapered Bearing -2

3rd -Fireblaze-

Guilty Longinus Over Zone'+Z -2
Rage Longinus 3A Destroy'
Prominence Perseus Giga Bearing' -10

(Jan. 30, 2022  2:42 AM)Zektor Wrote: [Image: 272388628-639232703853037-790877697993414293-n.jpg]

Winning combinations for Spinless in Seattle 1-29-22
Burst standard format.

1st Plot Armor
Prominence Belial II Over Rise 10 (first stage)
Vanish Longinus Over Zn'+z 0 (final stage)
Dynamite Perseus F-gear Giga Metal Drift 3 (both stages)
Guilty Bahamut Legacy Metal xtreme 2(final stage)

2nd Hpyher
Vanish Fafnir Legacy Drift 9 (both stages)

3rd Zektor
Devil Valkyrie F-gear Over Zn'+Z 9 (both stages)
Roar Longinus Giga Metal Drift 0 (final stage)
Prominence Perseus Nexus+s (fixed) Mobius 2 (final stage)
Vanish Longinus Over Bearing' 9 (first stage)

4th UnseenBurst
Dynamite Valkyrie F-gear Over Hxt+ 2 (both stages)

(Feb. 14, 2022  1:43 AM)Cscramon Wrote: Galick Gun (3v3)
Feb 12, 2022
--- First Ranked 3 v 3 tournament in Florida

Winning Combos
==============

Cscramon 1st Perseus Dynamite (F Gear) - 10 Oval Bearing
Cscramon 1st Bahamut Roar -0 Giga Metal Drift
Cscramon 1st Longinus Vanish - 6 Legacy High xtend+

BladerColton 2nd Perseus Devil (F Gear) - 10 Oval Bearing
BladerColton 2nd Bahamut Roar -0 Giga Drift
BladerColton 2nd Longinus Vanish - 6 Legacy High xtend+

-Fireblaze- 3rd Valkerie2 Ultimate -9 Giga xtend+
-Fireblaze- 3rd Longinus Guilty -2 Over Zone'+Z