Poll: Interest for a new Burst format up to Beyblade Burst GT

Poll: Is Burst GT format something you would like to see added to the WBO Burst formats?

Yes
93.33%
No
6.67%
Total: 100% 60 vote(s)
(Aug. 22, 2021  3:18 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2021  3:12 AM)LJ-Blader Wrote: I personally think Attack is way better than Stamina. It takes some skill and is really fun to play. I think if this is tested, Lord and Master should be the first to be put on the watch list along with drift and zone’+Z. I might be completely wrong, but these things might be overpowered.

I honestly agree with this, in a Standard Stadium Rage Helios2 Extreme' 3A could easily outpower a Spin Stealing Combo. Also, this means Judgment should also be banned because if you slap Destroy' on a good Judgment combo, everything in your path shall explode like a Dynamite Bomb.
I think if you look back you won’t find too many Judgement Ds’ combos exploding stuff.  There may have been a few, but I doubt that many. Judgment is very high recoil.  It takes a lot of that directional and rotational recoil itself when it hits something.  Ds’ isn’t necessarily the best choice to stay in the stadium after you hit something.  There is a reason why judgment had a burst stopper too.  You can see what happens to Hasbro’s (non-pro series) judgment when it doesn’t have a burst stopper, it doesn’t stay together much at all.

I don’t know that we should be banning stuff with just this theory crafting.
(Aug. 22, 2021  3:48 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2021  3:18 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I honestly agree with this, in a Standard Stadium Rage Helios2 Extreme' 3A could easily outpower a Spin Stealing Combo. Also, this means Judgment should also be banned because if you slap Destroy' on a good Judgment combo, everything in your path shall explode like a Dynamite Bomb.
I think if you look back you won’t find too many Judgement Ds’ combos exploding stuff.  There may have been a few, but I doubt that many. Judgment is very high recoil.  It takes a lot of that directional and rotational recoil itself when it hits something.  Ds’ isn’t necessarily the best choice to stay in the stadium after you hit something.  There is a reason why judgment had a burst stopper too.  You can see what happens to Hasbro’s (non-pro series) judgment when it doesn’t have a burst stopper, it doesn’t stay together much at all.

I don’t know that we should be banning stuff with just this theory crafting.

Destroy' was just the first thing that came to mind probably should've thought that through a bit more but you are correct, Judgment does has very high recoil, and yeah, maybe we should do a bit more testing around with GT Beys
I agree, if this is even considered parts have to be tested.
I see we have already started talking of banning the signature parts of GT. I am very much with Shindog on this - try the format in the simple form in the OP first so we can get an idea for it, and go from there. The OP is only asking if there is interest - which it nonetheless sounds like there is, if people are interested in theorycrafting for it already then there must at least be curiosity. That is good to see - it is clearly interesting enough that we're at 4 pages in a day (not a great measure, but hey, it's something!)

Personally I'm quite happy that the current Haspro line has a number of useful parts - this should make it quite an accessible format for early testing/trials Smile
As mention somewhere, with Hasbro Pro series able to mix with TT and Pro Series getting into GT. I feel like this format would be fun and easily accessible to all.
(Aug. 22, 2021  3:11 PM)LJ-Blader Wrote: As mention somewhere, with Hasbro Pro series able to mix with TT and Pro Series getting into GT. I feel like this format would be fun and easily accessible to all.

This is actually pretty important to me when thinking about this format initially.  If the pro series will give us a few more releases in GT, this format can honestly the next Burst Classic for the dedicated Hasbro players in my opinion.  Not everyone is able or willing to buy on Ebay, ZenMarket, and etc.  Some of our members do go into a store and buy beys . Many of our players who have more limitations in terms of where they can buy from, are our youngest players. My thought was to keep the format as simple and as accessible as possible.  The boxes for beyblades I believe say 6+/8+.  I really tried to keep that in mind.  

Our rulebooks might as well be in a different language for some parents.  The banned and allowed list can be simply impenetrable for some bey parents. Will the simple banned/allowed list that I suggested for this format be enough to address this issue for a legacy format?  I don’t know. I do know our 2 other burst legacy formats have quite the extended banned/allowed lists, and people do struggle with them.   I like to try to keep it simple and just to see if it helps.  If something is really not good for the format, we can ban it down the line.  Similarly, we can always add things in later.  Something can also be said about testing something by actually testing something.
So, I know this isn’t official yet, but will this eventually be a ranked format when people test it enough in unranked tournaments?
(Aug. 22, 2021  9:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So, I know this isn’t official yet, but will this eventually be a ranked format when people test it enough in unranked tournaments?

Yes (not sure), but it'll take some time. But it depends on wether or not people like the format ig.
(Aug. 22, 2021  9:35 PM)Hollowmind8 Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2021  9:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: So, I know this isn’t official yet, but will this eventually be a ranked format when people test it enough in unranked tournaments?

Yes, but it'll take some time.
Cool, cause I literally just made my deck for the format today. Obviously some parts may be banned and I have to wait to see what people use, so changes will come plus I have to make different decks so people won’t know how to counter it if I use the same one, and make more combos, etc… I’m just super hyped cause Gt is my favorite beyblade series, and tbh Gt is the series where I have the best parts from.
Seems like there is plenty of interest. Obviously everyone has their preferences but this seems like a solid jumping off point. I agree with Shindog that we shouldn’t worry about banning too much now. It’s just the idea stage. Bannable parts with show themselves when the time to actually test the format arrives.

Limited is great, I personally love it, but this might have more legs. A big part of that being that Hasbro Pro series will be widely releasing products for this format currently. That means any kid can just go to Target or Walmart, grab a couple beys & be ready to compete. Accessibility to a format is a big part of it being popular. FL has been THICK with tournaments and I don’t think we’ve seen a Limited yet. I believe partly because it can be difficult/expensive to acquire parts. Especially for people new to Beyblade.
I think Decreased Crab and Wombat make some of the most interesting points in this thread, even if this is just an open discussion and not so much a proposal. I think scrutiny is good at all stages, especially since it can point out what a proposal would have to proof/overcome.

Decreased Crab's points about the GT meta being relegated to about 5-6 layers does sort of speak to the stagnation of what kind of format would exist. And while I disagree with Heaven being decent (its more-so mediocre in my experience), he is right in saying its essentially turning the clock back and Lord being absurdly powerful. Layers like Poison and Tact were decent, but Poison was unviable due to being too vulnerable to attack (same spin pP counters were no longer necessary as Judgement explodes pP) and Tact couldn't use Bearing like Lord and got outclassed in stamina and defense by Master (left). Oh I guess I forgot about Naked; that layer is a higher LAD, less stamina, decent defense left layer making it pretty good.

This sort of brings into Wombat's points about banning Lord and Master. Given Cho-Z and GT being the most I had played Beyblade, nothing infuriates me more than left spin doing dummy things. I think banning Master due its sheer strength (its on par with Sparking layers) and burst resistance with certain discs is fair, but just remember to ban it in left spin only so we can see how right spin Master would fair. Lord makes Bearing have no consequences in burst resistance, though there is a lack of weight since you're using 0Wall over Vanguard/Naked. However, it should be noted that the integrated metal instead of the layer weights that rattle add so much stability that these layers are much better than their weight distribution shows. I would still be fine with a Lord ban. I think Tact and Naked taking their place would be a fine, and possibly a good change for the meta. (I am under the assumption Zone'+Z is banned for this format, btw.)

But I still think we'd be stuck with a rather stagnant, similar to GT meta without adding much. I don't think Poison or any MFB layer will see use (except a random case of Burn Phoenix for raw defense). My suggestion has been to allow the mediocre Sparking layers with double chassis banned (Super, King, First, Variant, Glide, Curse, Infinite-Sword, Death, Abyss) and maybe, possibly the Limit Break Layers/Discs. This would add Glide, Curse, and Infinite-Sword to the relevant list of parts. Glide would be a stamina option with poor burst resistance, but its circular shape also gives it defensive properties, meaning it would be a Zwei counter. Curse I'm not really sure other than it having less LAD then pP but at least having more burst resistance than Poison (which dies to Judgement). Infinite-Sword I doubt would even be as good as Judgement (and Shield is banned cause that layer is like micro Tempest). Limit Break stuff is fine since Volcano's poor shape gives it awful same spin stamina and the other two are pretty bad as layers, so why not let them in. I think the best part about legacy formats is being able to take mediocre parts from the future and give them a home.

Anyways, last note is a bit of an original one, which is that both Judgement and Lord have wearing issues with time more than other layers in the format. This might be an issue for the availability. Which is also why I think NO-WEIGHT should be allowed for Burst Limited on GT layers due to Gen's absurd wearing issues.
(Aug. 23, 2021  9:29 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I think Decreased Crab and Wombat make some of the most interesting points in this thread, even if this is just an open discussion and not so much a proposal. I think scrutiny is good at all stages, especially since it can point out what a proposal would have to proof/overcome.

Decreased Crab's points about the GT meta being relegated to about 5-6 layers does sort of speak to the stagnation of what kind of format would exist. And while I disagree with Heaven being decent (its more-so mediocre in my experience), he is right in saying its essentially turning the clock back and Lord being absurdly powerful. Layers like Poison and Tact were decent, but Poison was unviable due to being too vulnerable to attack (same spin pP counters were no longer necessary as Judgement explodes pP) and Tact couldn't use Bearing like Lord and got outclassed in stamina and defense by Master (left). Oh I guess I forgot about Naked; that layer is a higher LAD, less stamina, decent defense left layer making it pretty good.

This sort of brings into Wombat's points about banning Lord and Master. Given Cho-Z and GT being the most I had played Beyblade, nothing infuriates me more than left spin doing dummy things. I think banning Master due its sheer strength (its on par with Sparking layers) and burst resistance with certain discs is fair, but just remember to ban it in left spin only so we can see how right spin Master would fair. Lord makes Bearing have no consequences in burst resistance, though there is a lack of weight since you're using 0Wall over Vanguard/Naked. However, it should be noted that the integrated metal instead of the layer weights that rattle add so much stability that these layers are much better than their weight distribution shows. I would still be fine with a Lord ban. I think Tact and Naked taking their place would be a fine, and possibly a good change for the meta. (I am under the assumption Zone'+Z is banned for this format, btw.)

But I still think we'd be stuck with a rather stagnant, similar to GT meta without adding much. I don't think Poison or any MFB layer will see use (except a random case of Burn Phoenix for raw defense). My suggestion has been to allow the mediocre Sparking layers with double chassis banned (Super, King, First, Variant, Glide, Curse, Infinite-Sword, Death, Abyss) and maybe, possibly the Limit Break Layers/Discs. This would add Glide, Curse, and Infinite-Sword to the relevant list of parts. Glide would be a stamina option with poor burst resistance, but its circular shape also gives it defensive properties, meaning it would be a Zwei counter. Curse I'm not really sure other than it having less LAD then pP but at least having more burst resistance than Poison (which dies to Judgement). Infinite-Sword I doubt would even be as good as Judgement (and Shield is banned cause that layer is like micro Tempest). Limit Break stuff is fine since Volcano's poor shape gives it awful same spin stamina and the other two are pretty bad as layers, so why not let them in. I think the best part about legacy formats is being able to take mediocre parts from the future and give them a home.

Anyways, last note is a bit of an original one, which is that both Judgement and Lord have wearing issues with time more than other layers in the format. This might be an issue for the availability. Which is also why I think NO-WEIGHT should be allowed for Burst Limited on GT layers due to Gen's absurd wearing issues.

The OP asks a fairly simple question - is there interest. You and DC seem to have made your minds up about what the metagame will look like, though I understand it didn't get played that much due to Covid - so even then it might be nice to see it on legs. It's really not any different from the people asking to pre ban stuff though, and doesn't really answer the topic (gauging interest in the format) which has been pointed out a few times now.
Nonetheless, the possibility of adding mediocre superking parts has already been stated to be an option at some point should it seem beneficial. 

As for wear, this is a fact of life, but at least at the moment, where we are now, availability of these parts is good, and this is what Shin and I and others are talking about. Every format will turn into plastics/HMS levels of obscurity eventually, this is the nature of things, but at the moment judgment is quite easy to find and lord is on store shelves in hasbro areas - the latter point actually makes me think we should strike while the iron is hot and get the format going while that is the case, if the wear is so bad!
(Aug. 23, 2021  9:29 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: I think Decreased Crab and Wombat make some of the most interesting points in this thread, even if this is just an open discussion and not so much a proposal. I think scrutiny is good at all stages, especially since it can point out what a proposal would have to proof/overcome.

There is a lot here, so I think bullet points would be best

-Heaven has topped as recently as June 2021, and 3 times in that month.  I think that is why people think it might be decent in this format.  I don’t know if it is decent, better, or worse in this format.  I would guess the easiest way to find out is to try it. 

-there seems to be enough support for a burst legacy format that will simply have the simplest ban list in the WBO.  If I do personally creat a proposal, I am planning to run with the simple ban list in the OP, to answer for that support.  If things like master and lord becomes a problem.  We should see soon enough because the problem will actually occur.  We don’t need to “think” if they will be a problem or not, we can just see it. 

Now, same can be said about additions of parts of course. If we want to add some SK parts to the mix, we won’t actually know the effects until we try them. This is why I have asked, from the start on discord, for counter proposals/interest threads.  No one seems to be interested up to this point.  Scrutiny and discussion is good at all stages.  We can creat clear separate thread and OP regarding different takes on this potential format.  This should lead to different line of discussion that is clearer and easier to follow.  Multiple proposals/bids/etc is really the norm and not the exception in everyday life in my opinion.  Eventually, multiple proposals can got up for the vote, voting can work that way.  It doesn’t have to be yes/no.  It can be option A or option B.  Why not scrutinize and explore different options individually and fully?  

-Wear is an unfortunate fact of life as th!nk had already pointed out.  One day the world could run out of xtreme’ and etc.  I am only going to add that the mission statement of Project Aida of the WBO is “Play Beyblade, Together,” and not “Play Beyblade, Together, Forever.”  Beyblades will break, people will leave, and beyblades may one day be a thing of the past. Availability can be an issue, but it is an issue that I don’t think requires our immediate attention.
This is clearly something more than just what Th!nk and I have been thinking about or liked the idea of, which is great to see. I've never had the pleasure of playing in the GT era, but I think it would very interesting to see the meta continue to grow when focused in on even further. I like the interaction between Judgement, Zwei, Lord, Master, and Imperial. A lot of great and viable driver options because of how versatile and interesting these blades are. There may be more that is yet to be discovered or used widely.

I understand that banning things in the idea phase is a bit extreme without seeing how they do in a competitive setting or testing, but I'd say what is missing from OP's potential exclusions is Drift and Zone'+Z. They are two highly polarizing parts that tend to suffocate other drivers out of use, especially in left. I know people already have a problem with Master and Lord. They seemed to have repressed other Stamina options back then, and I imagine that Drift and Zone'+Z will only be widening that gap. I do not consider those two drivers to be healthy options that make the game exciting or fun, as the game can end up revolving around them (and what to use to beat them).
Drift in particular is something I have played with, hoping that maybe the lighter weight of GT era combos would make it weaker, but that really isn't the case. It seems to behave just as it does in Standard, and while Standard may have solutions in the pipeline in the form of blades or drivers, this format will not. If there was a newer driver that could even things out while still being exploitable by non-Drift options, perhaps it would be a bit easier to include things like Drift here. Zone'+Z is pretty much the same story.

I'd like other people to consider testing Drift in common scenarios and see if they reach this same conclusion or not (I can do testing myself if other people are serious about this). I personally don't think it would make for a healthy addition to this format, and if other people feel similarly, you don't need to run a trial tournament or two to confirm the obvious.
So why did this go from a thread asking people if they would be interested in this hypothetical format to a thread with the typical people asking for parts to be banned without tests within said format done.
(Aug. 24, 2021  12:15 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: So why did this go from a thread asking people if they would be interested in this hypothetical format to a thread with the typical people asking for parts to be banned without tests within said format done.

Everyone just got confused and riled up, no biggie, also, they were thinking about banning stuff so the Format can be fairer so, in a way, it does tie into the BGT Format
BGT Format Summary

Burst GT Format (BGT)
Inclusions:
-All layers up the the end of Beyblade Burst GT
-All MFB remake layers
-All Plastics remake layers
-All Hasbro layers released to date (including pro series)
-All drivers

Banned:
-All layers released after GT
-All disks released after GT

Ok so just to sum things up, please read this so people can stop being so heated

- Banning: Many people want to ban potentially OP layers like judgment and lord, and OP drivers like drift and zone’ +z before we even start the format. Consider this, before it becomes official, people need to make UNRANKED tournaments and test it. UNRANKED does not affect your rank, so if there are parts that are actually SEEN to be OP then they will be banned before it becomes official. But nothing should be banned before we see it in action in this format.

- Will it become official- I created a voting thread, and 80% want the format to be official, though there are only 10 votes currently. On this thread, only 2 people don’t want this format to be official, and as for them they don’t have to go to the tournaments with this format if they don’t like this format. Simple as that. Before it becomes official organizers need to create UNRANKED tournaments to test things out and like I said in the earlier bullet point, ban parts that are actually SEEN to be OP.

- Adding Early Sparking Layers- Some people think that adding early sparking layers to this, (curse, glide, super, king) would be a good idea. Now this could work, if only regular sparking chips are allowed. If these layers are going to be allowed, which we could allow them currently and ban them if the seem to OP before this becomes ranked, but as I was saying we should not allow any metal chips, ex: Lucifer, Solomon, spriggan, or metal chip cores.

- Adding Late Cho-z Layers- Cho-z Valkryie, Cho-z Achilles, and Cho-z Spriggan are the three cho-z beys that I think should be added to the format. They are very powerful cho-z layers, hence why they are banned in limited, but against GT they will be very balanced. We should, like the early sparking layers, add them in the format before it becomes ranked. I doubt they will be OP, but if they do then we could ban whichever’s ones are.

That was a lot but that basically sums up everything about this format. Please read this and like the post so more people will notice it and read it.
I believe every layer before GT is allowed. Not just the three you mentioned above TheRougeBlader

(Aug. 21, 2021  1:42 AM)Shindog Wrote: Burst GT Format (BGT)

Inclusions:
-All MFB remake layers
-All drivers 

Banned:
And all remakes as well. (I am really excited about that)
(Aug. 24, 2021  1:02 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: BGT Format Summary

Burst GT Format (BGT)
Inclusions:
-All MFB remake layers
-All drivers

Banned:

Ok so just to sum things up, please read this so people can stop being so heated

- Banning: Many people want to ban potentially OP layers like judgment and lord, and OP drivers like drift and zone’ +z before we even start the format. Consider this, before it becomes official, people need to make UNRANKED tournaments and test it. UNRANKED does not affect your rank, so if there are parts that are actually SEEN to be OP then they will be banned before it becomes official. But nothing should be banned before we see it in action in this format.

- Will it become official- I created a voting thread, and 80% want the format to be official, though there are only 10 votes currently. On this thread, only 2 people don’t want this format to be official, and as for them they don’t have to go to the tournaments with this format if they don’t like this format. Simple as that. Before it becomes official organizers need to create UNRANKED tournaments to test things out and like I said in the earlier bullet point, ban parts that are actually SEEN to be OP.

- Adding Early Sparking Layers- Some people think that adding early sparking layers to this, (curse, glide, super, king) would be a good idea. Now this could work, if only regular sparking chips are allowed. If these layers are going to be allowed, which we could allow them currently and ban them if the seem to OP before this becomes ranked, but as I was saying we should not allow any metal chips, ex: Lucifer, Solomon, spriggan, or metal chip cores.

- Adding Late Cho-z Layers- Cho-z Valkryie, Cho-z Achilles, and Cho-z Spriggan are the three cho-z beys that I think should be added to the format. They are very powerful cho-z layers, hence why they are banned in limited, but against GT they will be very balanced. We should, like the early sparking layers, add them in the format before it becomes ranked. I doubt they will be OP, but if they do then we could ban whichever’s ones are.

That was a lot but that basically sums up everything about this format. Please read this and like the post so more people will notice it and read it.

a separate poll thread for this wasn't entirely needed when this thread is literally asking for peoples interests in this hypothetical format.
(Aug. 24, 2021  1:22 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Aug. 24, 2021  1:02 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: BGT Format Summary

Burst GT Format (BGT)
Inclusions:
-All MFB remake layers
-All drivers

Banned:

a separate poll thread for this wasn't entirely needed when this thread is literally asking for peoples interests in this hypothetical format.
I know, but in this thread we couldn’t really see how many people wanted it. I just made it so we could see the exact percentages, now we can confirm the vast majority wants this format and is interested in it
This isn’t testing but I decided to try out and record one particular match up.

This is an old worn past prime Danger bomb vs Master.Dr

https://youtu.be/Sm9_WSqTm_w

Danger bomb managed to win 6-4 with one round too close to a double KO replayed.  So 11 rounds total.  I think the most interesting thing here is that not one round came down to an OS.
That is a cool video, Judgement is more than capable of putting things away, great to see. Thanks.

I'm not sure about everyone else but my issue with Drift with GT era parts isn't the fact it is difficult to KO with aggressive combos (the primary reason I like GT era is because aggressive layers are very reliable in general). My personal issue with it is that it will inevitably take the shine away from other drivers because it is so good at what it does. It becomes something you simply can't ignore, you have to either incorporate it into what you use or make sure you have something that does well against this single part.
On top of being probably the single best driver for its not-so-uncommon niche, it is also really versatile. You can put it on a lot of different layers and have success because it is that powerful on its own. So, the issue isn't whether it is beatable, it certainly is, but whether we want to knowingly let Drift inhabit the space other unique drivers could in its place? It stunts creativity and for a lot of people, parts like this stunt the fun of the game.. Just because it is manageable with Attack types, for example, doesn't mean people will stop using it in hopes of encountering its very favourable matchups or roll the dice and hope to out-KO the Attack type. Given the WBO's emphasis on promoting part diversity with tournament rules and formatting, perhaps excluding parts that would prematurely end combo possibilities is something worth our consideration here. Tell me what you guys think. I would be shocked if the first few tournaments for this kind of format didn't see a lot of Drift or Zone'+Z unless people deliberately abstained for fun.
I’d be super down to see this
Seeing as discussion is a lil quiet I figure I'll talk a little about it here.

I will say I've been playing this extensively and I adore it, as much as I enjoy classic and don't mind standard at the moment, this is an amazing and very distinct format. Because it's a uniquely aggressive format, Drift etc are generally well controlled, with judgment and zwei and even imperial being amazing they should be quite popular, meaning even master and tact on Dr/MDr are in for a rough time. If you ran double drift here you would get blown out by anyone who can launch Xtreme' or even Quick', but this format is also less hurt by the new driver rule as non dash on attack is riskier anyway and quick' can move the lighter layers effectively. It's an excellent format.

Judgment - absolute monster attack part, holy moly, mainly tempered by other attack types, imperial and people's unwillingness to play attack.
Zwei - another beast of an attack layer, but left spin. Very capable even on qc'
Lightning L-Drago - LLD is basically a lighter but much faster Zwei, making it very very consistent and perhaps even more powerful, at the cost of additional burst risk and lighter weight. It is just as good and maybe better, depending what you're after from it. Or you could just run all of the first three entries on this list as a deck - would probably work. Also works well on Zn'+Z if you fondly remember non rubber Rage combos being relevant (to be clear tho - it's better on rubber and burstable even with dash). It is also extremely clean with its KOs, with few bounce backs, and works better on jl' than other layers too? Idk, I love it though, I'll do a testing thread soon!
Lord - Versatile and solid at a lot of things, great for spin stealing with a bit of aggression on tap.
Master - Great left spin defense and stamina, okay in right. Pretty fearsome, but can be handled.
Tact - A very potent and historically overlooked part, (largely due to its rarity). Tact trades blows with Master for the best left spin defensive layer, and in fact can be better as its two big fixed spikes wear down, giving it better odds against judgment than almost anything else. The gimmick is kinda secondary, but can be interesting. Overall one of the strongest layers in the format, it would take a fool to overlook this due to Master's existence. It does benefit a lot from newer drivers that work better with its impressive size. Layer Weights don't have the hugest effect tbh, as they spikes still shift even with Goku.
Imperial - Great attack part with anti-attack ability making it good on rubber or Destroy', with the Hasbro release and later molds fixing the burst resistance issue it apparently had (don't own an affected one).
Perfect Phoenix - Excellent survival with solid defense
Revive Phoenix - Maybe a little better defensively than pP, while also good for survival.
Archer Hercules - very good right spin defense
Cosmo - Hybrid and Ig' are key drivers, and Cosmo is possibly the best layer for them - it has an incredible smooth underside and good OWD. It is okay on lower stuff but the nodules can have a bit of recoil.
Naked - Decent defense and spin stealing, Paradox Xt+ has amazing LAD though, which gives it some distinct use. Have to watch the balance a bit because of the centre of gravity being a bit high.
Heaven - Excellent right stamina, in particular seems like one of the more viable users of bearing in the format.
Turbo Spryzen S4 - With excellent slopes and access to HasBearing (which is slightly shorter than Bearing so needs lift rather than wall), TS4 10Lift HasBr has great LAD - not hard to KO though. It also has various other weird gimmick drivers available due to Hasbro, which may give it a surprise factor.
Burn Phoenix - Decent defense (though burst res is suspect) but more importantly like Cosmo the smooth underside is great with Ig' in particular.
Knockout - This makes for some nice compacts - Knockout Diabolos Blitz Zn'+Z can prove quite irritating for Zwei for example. There may be better ways to use it still, but it is at least a useful addition to the toolbox.

Other stuff I have that might be good:
Infinite Lock Layers - these are interesting and I actually like Regalia Genesis Shot as a bit more than a meme, could be interesting same spin. Also like these on Almight, which doesn't have to be Yeet Launched to have top tier LAD in this format - Regalia Genesis (Big Bang Armor) Almight+S+V is actually quite a mean combo, with great LAD and significant heft to it, a kind of Weight Based Defense combo. And Big Bang Genesis (No Armor) HasWheel Iron (small bang genesis?) Is kinda spicy.
Hell (remake) - Needs better teeth than even Unicorno has, but it can take hits well when it doesn't burst. Definitely an edge case tho.
Ace (Stopper Mold) - the later version of Ace with burst stoppers seems like it could be solid for defensive or anti-attack use. May be overshadowed by Imperial but possibly at least a viable option.

Stuff I don't have that I'm curious about:
Spryzen Requiem S3 - Tight molds should be very good with Hasbro Bearing, competing with TS4
Balkesh B3 - As above, tight ones on Hasbro Bearing should pose a competitive threat.
Storm Pegasis - fast as heck, and pretty powerful, could maybe see use?
Gravity Perseus - I am not sure it will see huge use but it might find a niche?

I sincerely believe all of those in the first section are highly competitive, and the others definitely have a look in too. That seems quite varied to me personally?[/b]
th!nk, I definitely agree! The GT meta was the peak of a balanced beyblade meta with each type being represented to the fullest.
There are attack monsters like judgement and Zwei
There are great stamina Keyes like lord and Perfect pheonix
Excellent defense/stamina hybrids with master
Excellent mixed attack bases with imperial
And other new systems like Union sword, infinite lock, the idea of customizing weights and the center of gravity, the chunky drivers, and others too! With new parts released it could also make things that weren’t to great competetive!
I might be biased cause GT is my favorite format, but yeah I definitely think this format is gonna be legit once someone gets it started.

This is more of a side note but I think it would be neat if we consider adding the earlier superking bases after we’ve had some time to get used to the format