Pokemon platinum topic

^ I'm sick to death of pokemon and talking about it for that very reason
I gave up on Pokemon after Gold, Silver, and Emerald.
It's called Neoseeker/Pokesav+Action Replay= Competitive Pokemon.

I used to play over the summer, then I realized I got tired of playing the same game for 10 years.
(Jan. 27, 2009  7:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2009  7:47 PM)FFX Wrote: EV training done right takes about 10 minutes to do. With the new items and VS seeker you really only need 5 or so battles to get max EV's, and for a mixed spread vitamins and berries can usually get you the right number.

"hey if you do all this convoluted carp you can EV your team in an hour, that means this gameplay isn't arbitrary or broken at all!"

god damn why are you guys so allergic to criticizing a game
I didn't feel the sentiment was valid. If you were arguing that the breeding system is archaic, or some other thing like natures, hidden powers, etc, then yes i totally agree. But EV's are really too easy.
^ I think his general point is that there shouldn't be EV training in the first place. I'm inclined to agree. No matter how easy it is to do its still arbitrary and artificially increases the length of the game.

There should be a VIEWABLE, non-hidden system for EVs and they should be customizable without having to fight against X pokemon X number of times. Its stupid and I can't believe you guys are actually arguing FOR it.

Now can we please shut up about this stupid EV/IV carp? Its getting really old.
(Jan. 28, 2009  9:02 AM)FFX Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2009  7:52 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 27, 2009  7:47 PM)FFX Wrote: EV training done right takes about 10 minutes to do. With the new items and VS seeker you really only need 5 or so battles to get max EV's, and for a mixed spread vitamins and berries can usually get you the right number.

"hey if you do all this convoluted carp you can EV your team in an hour, that means this gameplay isn't arbitrary or broken at all!"

god damn why are you guys so allergic to criticizing a game
I didn't feel the sentiment was valid. If you were arguing that the breeding system is archaic, or some other thing like natures, hidden powers, etc, then yes i totally agree. But EV's are really too easy.

all of these things are archaic and EVs are just the cherry on the cake. i don't argue about these because i figure it's widely understood that they're awful. roan's post explains why it bothers me.
is it out yet!? i cant wait anymore.....
No..It's gonna be released on Sunday 22 March 2009. (In English that is)
i donno carp about dates,i donno what comes first sep or march.so if u can tell me how many weeks exactly?plz?
(Feb. 11, 2009  11:00 AM)pegasis Wrote: i donno carp about dates,i donno what comes first sep or march.so if u can tell me how many weeks exactly?plz?

really? use google
yes really! whats the month now? so i can know when will it come
OK I think we should stop spamming and use PM. Unhappy Thanks
and the month is 30 days...what day is it today?
(Feb. 11, 2009  11:17 AM)pegasis Wrote: and the month is 30 days...what day is it today?

wow, this honestly is not that complicated....Check your computer or pull a calender. Then count the days from today to the release date of the game. This is grade 1 material, you should have a firm grasp about dates and months by now. Tired

Also I played the Japanese Rom for Platinum, and I was unimpressed. Same thing as Diamond and Pearl.
lol i got the answer long time ago. anyway thnx
and i honestly liked diamond a lot and finished it more than 3 times.
I'll still get it because I am a dedicated Pokemon fan and I know that they will realize they have to it take to a new level so the next one will be even better than Platinum.
I didn't get too far with Diamond or Pearl. Mainly because I'm a perfectionist and wantet to catch all the Pokgmon available to me at any point in the game and train them all to a certain level before I continued. Plus I was trying to do this with both D and P at the same time so when I finaly completed my goals on one game I then had to do them again on the other one. Needless to say, I got bored and then started on something else.

Still, gotta agree with Arjun on this. Only major difference was that you got to wear a scarf. ^^;
they wont take it to the next level if everyone bought it... they will think that every 1 likes them so they will make the next games simillar. so guys if u dont like it dont buy it so nintendo can make something completly new. like a 3d pokemon rpg for wii Wink
rocky we all know that it will be similer to diamond and pearl even before the japan version was released!
(Feb. 11, 2009  2:44 PM)pegasis Wrote: nintendo can make something completly new. like a 3d pokemon rpg for wii Wink
rocky we all know that it will be similer to diamond and pearl even before the japan version was released!

Thats exactly what they need to do is make a 3D pokemon RPG those Colossium games were a waste of time and not much story.
no i found them nice,espesialy when i remember the first pokemon games on gb (red green and yellow) but a 3d pokemon game will be probably much better
Indeed I just hope nintendo realizes it...
(Feb. 11, 2009  1:48 PM)Arjun Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2009  11:17 AM)pegasis Wrote: and the month is 30 days...what day is it today?

wow, this honestly is not that complicated....Check your computer or pull a calender. Then count the days from today to the release date of the game. This is grade 1 material, you should have a firm grasp about dates and months by now. Tired

Not all parts of the world use the same calendar.
(Feb. 11, 2009  5:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Most do even if their own culture has different calender, and having grown up in the middle east I can testify that the traditional western calender is used as the primary method to track time over there.

That being said, I shall stop going of on a tangent, and bring back the discussion to Pokemon Platinumish news.
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/02/09/b...oad-event/
Anybody who still is collecting like mad, might find that useful.
Whats the point you can always use cheats and hacks to obtain him.
(Feb. 12, 2009  1:29 PM)Arjun Wrote:
(Feb. 11, 2009  5:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Most do even if their own culture has different calender, and having grown up in the middle east I can testify that the traditional western calender is used as the primary method to track time over there.
it depends on witch country am living in there. am in saudi and they use hejry calender there more than this one. and i dont know if we have a calender in home.and my computers time and calender is messed up Confused so its kinda hard