Pokemon platinum topic

oh my god! iv n ev are so complicated,i even dont know ehat they mean with to breed a pokemon ?!
(Nov. 05, 2008  2:24 PM)pegasis Wrote: oh my god! iv n ev are so complicated,i even dont know ehat they mean with to breed a pokemon ?!

Trust me buddy, EVs and IVs are the easy part about competitive pokémon. It's just that it's a pain in the carp to breed for good IVs in-game (and even more for a specific Hidden Power type+power).
i donno how to breed a pokemon!?plz tell me
There are plenty of Pokemon websites that tell you about this. But to put it short. You get a mummy and a daddy pokemon, put them behind a fence and wait for them to lay an egg.

Things start getting harder when you start thinking of movesets and the role the pokemon will play in your team e.g. Wall, Tank, Special/Physical Sweeper, Annoyer etc.
ev and iv is what made me stop playing online battle cuase i have all pokemon but only 2 ev trained and the pokemon didnt have diffrent purposes only diffrent types but i won me a laod of battles Chocked_2 Chocked
If you have a Physical Sweeper (a pokemon with high speed and Attack) and teach it a special move like flamethrower it would be useless. I doubt it would even KO a grass type. You must have done something right. Most of the time, I personally know this, when I battle somebody that has no EV pokemon I tend to get too cocky and end up loosing XD.
when will the english version be released?
Don't you always download everything? :\
ya, so! Confused
am waiting for the english version to come out so i can download it cuz i cant read japanese ! is it realesed?
I'm excited. Can't wait 4 English Version
It's sooo the same as D&P. It's not really that hard to understand. Plus the numbers are all in English. :\ Still, it should be out soon so I guess theres no point downloading the JP version now.

*checks*

Wiki says March 22nd.
i downloaded the jp version long time ago but i didnt play it!
Damn, I was just reminded on how epic Brad's Pokemon game idea was, I love the storyline so much

Also, I might be getting Platinum, depending on if I can drive by the time it comes out. I should be able to drive legally in February, so...
I'll probably end up buying this. The extra battle towers sound far out.

And breeding isn't complicated at all, just time consuming.
I have not completed a Pokemon game since Gold. Bought it the day of release and carp loved it. Hated Ruby and Sapphire; did not go past the third badge. So I was actually surprised to see Diamond and Pearl was an improvement. I had fun with it, but then got sidetracked and left it at the third badge (Professor Layton). It just got tiring playing the same game. So in other words I won't even bother checking this out; never cared for Yellow, Crystal, Emerald so Platinum is no different.

P.S. They need to remake silver and Gold I might look into that, cause until then nothing tops Red+Blue and Gold+Silver
GSC was the best bar-none ughhhh so good
At least play Fire Red or Leaf Green. D:
(Jan. 26, 2009  1:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: GSC was the best bar-none ughhhh so good

I know, it took all the strengths of red+blue and improved on it. Plus the concept of transferring all of my old Pokemon over was awesome (Charizard). It also had Tododile, and Tododile is awesome...end of story.
(Jan. 26, 2009  1:05 AM)Rocky Wrote: At least play Fire Red or Leaf Green. D:

i put over 200 hours into leaf green soooo
This game is gonna suck just as bad dimond and pearl did =/(I'm sure I'll get it someway, though =( ).They need to remake GSC, or atleast Crystal. They still haven't caught up to be as good as those games were. =/
I won't be buying this, and if I download it onto my M3, I probably won't complete it. All I want from Game Freak now is a GSC remake. That is all. I hope they do. It may resurrect my Pokemon obsession that I had ages ago. lol.
i don't want a remake i want a new game that's actually good
(Jan. 26, 2009  2:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i don't want a remake i want a new game that's actually good

That would be nice, but then they would probably make 100 new carp and unoriginal pokemon to go with it.
(Jan. 26, 2009  2:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: i don't want a remake i want a new game that's actually good

I just don't see that happening for a while. Pokemon sells too easily especially in Japan. There is no motivation to invest the money into a major re haul. Sad but true.
(Jan. 26, 2009  3:00 AM)Mankster Wrote:

That would be nice, but then they would probably make 100 new carp and unoriginal pokemon to go with it.

Seriously, I've hated the Pokemon designs since RSE. They looked less like real animals and more like monsters, which was a major turn-off for me. They looked more wild and believable back in RBY-GSC. Compare Butterfree or Clefairy with Treecko or Registeel. You'll see the difference.