Pokemon TCG

Yo Daegor, do you learn from just playing a lot, or go to websites or something?
Playing.

Experience is the best teacher.
I might just go to my Locals' Pokemon League today. The badges look pretty cool, meforthewin isn't coming so he won't be bored all day, and I'm starting to get into this game more, just a little question. If I was to use 2 of the Psychic and fire starter deck (The one with Scolipede foil.) What staples would I need, how can I get them other than singles, and when I post my deck, what should I replace?

EDIT: Didn't end up entering, Yu-Gi-Oh shenanigans. I did buy some stuff towards a Reshiphlosion deck. Anyone got a decklist for Reshiphlosion I could use?

I bought: 4 Reshiram, 1 Cleffa, 3 Junk Arm, 3 PONT, 2 PETM, 1 Retrieval, 1 Rare candy, 2 Plus power,

I already had: 2 Communication, 10 Fire energy.
Seen them, they look awesome. I don't know why they didn't make dragons their own type in the first place.
Hm, attack that tears through Eviolite and Defender, but still can't one-hit the Dragons without 4 Plus Powers.
Also, multi-color attacks with high energy costs on Stage 2 Pokemon with effectively less HP than Basics.

Meh.
(Jan. 07, 2012  9:15 AM)IHateNoobs Wrote: EDIT: Didn't end up entering, Yu-Gi-Oh shenanigans. I did buy some stuff towards a Reshiphlosion deck. Anyone got a decklist for Reshiphlosion I could use?

I bought: 4 Reshiram, 1 Cleffa, 3 Junk Arm, 3 PONT, 2 PETM, 1 Retrieval, 1 Rare candy, 2 Plus power,

http://www.sixprizes.com/deck-analysis/a...iphlosion/
^ only tells you 52 cards though.
If you want, I can give you Kohei's Reshiphlosion or Christopher Kan's Reshiphlosion.

Old deck list is old.
I recently got interested in the Pokemon TCG and for Christmas I got the Zoroark Starter Kit. The one with the mat and instructions. I had to half them with my bro, as he also wanted them but didn't receive any. Any recommendations on what I should get next?
(Jan. 08, 2012  5:21 PM)Cookies^^ Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2012  9:15 AM)IHateNoobs Wrote: EDIT: Didn't end up entering, Yu-Gi-Oh shenanigans. I did buy some stuff towards a Reshiphlosion deck. Anyone got a decklist for Reshiphlosion I could use?

http://www.sixprizes.com/deck-analysis/a...iphlosion/
^ only tells you 52 cards though.
If you want, I can give you Kohei's Reshiphlosion or Christopher Kan's Reshiphlosion.

I already have Chris's List (Bought the champ pack thing, without reading the back.)

It's just I've seen builds with 4-1-4 Typhlosion and 4-2-4 Typhlosion, some with 2-2 Ninetales, some without Ninetales at all etc. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations and/or a deck list that works well for them.
Oh that Reshiphlosion deck...I only need it for the Reshiram...

I'm more of the recycling type, so I'd be using Reshiram, Typhlosion, one of the HGSS Ninetails (forgot which one, it had the Pokepower), and basic pokemon hunters. I forgot what my deck was, but I still need to fix it up. Then i need to find a place in my area that has these things except Staten Island...

Edit: Looking at that link...that's...what I was trying to come up with. Wow, so I was unknowingly making a deck that's widely well-received. Hell yeah to devoted researching! lol
I've only just started playing so i've got a black and white deck. The water fighting one with Krookodile. I have one of them rare 5ban graphics reshirams and i have some pretty decent trainers and items. I also have a trainer kit deck which is okay. I'll post my deck soon.
I wish I didn't lose my deck, I'm gona get back into the TCG soon.
I finally get back with Pokemon TCG
Only now I need to gain more supply,all I have is some Platinum, DP and a HGSS theme deck
I have to figure out how to redo my deck. Now that Reshiphlosion is a popular deck, I'm gonna have to figure away around it. But Typhlosion Prime has a good Pokepower, so I gotta find an alternative.
Dose any one now what series of B/W the victiny card, with the pic fully on the card, is from?
My plan will be to get a bunch of those untill I find that card XD
I use to play this and now my only surving deck is a:
Mewtwo Lv.X HP120
Poke-BODY: Psybarrier: Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage done to Mewtwo by your opponent's Pokemon that isn't an evolved Pokemon.
(or in other words if you don't evolve your Pokemon your dead!)
and Giga Burn: 120 attack points
but you discard all Energy attached to Mewtwo as a forfeit
and i also have a bunch of fakes.
(Jan. 27, 2012  9:58 PM)All Gen Blader Wrote: Dose any one now what series of B/W the victiny card, with the pic fully on the card, is from?
My plan will be to get a bunch of those untill I find that card XD

Why don't you just buy it as a single ?

I don't really know anything about the Unova Pokemon as I stopped at Sinnoh but this Next Destinies set looks quite amazing.
I don't play competitively but I look forward to collecting those Pokemon EX cards which have completely killer artworks. Grin
I am gona buy a bunch because I'mrealy out dated with all the B/W cards and also it could realy help my deck with some new cards
(Jan. 28, 2012  1:18 AM)All Gen Blader Wrote: I am gona buy a bunch because I'mrealy out dated with all the B/W cards and also it could realy help my deck with some new cards

Next week, at the place we had the tournament, they're doing a Pre-Realese event.

I just need to find $25 to go...
You know, just throwing this out there, it's a lot easier to research what kind of deck you wanna make before hand, then just buy the singles in a store or online. That way, you won't spend so much on cards you don't need and save some money.
(Jan. 28, 2012  2:54 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Jan. 28, 2012  1:18 AM)All Gen Blader Wrote: I am gona buy a bunch because I'mrealy out dated with all the B/W cards and also it could realy help my deck with some new cards

Next week, at the place we had the tournament, they're doing a Pre-Realese event.

I just need to find $25 to go...
man, $25 dollars...
Sorry for the necro (If that's the right terminology) but, what's the cheapest Tier 1/2 deck you can make in this game? kinda came out of Pokemon and looking to get back into it.
Well, most of the decks nowadays run Mewtwo EX, which is 60-$80 IIRC. You don't have to run it, but most people find that it's a staple, and that's fine. Durant is probably the cheapest. ReshiPhlosion and MegaZone could qualify as well.
How much would a Mewtwo-less Zekeel EX deck with or without Tornadus? Also, out of curiosity what are the top tier decks this format?