Pokemon Generation 9 Megathread

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet have been announced for late 2022. It's an open world game themed around Spain.

Here are the Starter Pokemon:
English Name: Sprigatito
Jp. Name: Nyaoha
Type: Grass-type
Classification: Grass Cat Pokémon
Height: 0.4m
Weight: 4.1g
Ability: Overgrow
Details: The capricious, attention-seeking Grass Cat Pokémon.
[Image: grass.png]
English Name: Fuecoco
Jp. Name: Hogeeta
Type: Fire-type
Classification: Fire Croc Pokémon
Height: 0.4m
Weight: 4.1kg
Ability: Blaze
Details: The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.
[Image: fire.png]
English Name: Quaxly
Jp. Name: Kuwassu
Type: Water-type
Classification: Duckling Pokémon
Height: 0.5m
Weight: 6.1kg
Ability: Torrent
Details: The earnest and tidy Duckling Pokémon.
[Image: water.png]

Here are the character renders:

[Image: cJ5bU99.png][font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: F7VaBsb.png][/font][/font]

Extras:
The games will have Pokemon HOME connectivity, so you can transfer Pokemon that are obtainable in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet from other games.
FULL LIST OF POKEMON
So soon huh...?

We just got Pokemon Legends Arceus less than a month ago. I know it wasn’t meant to be a mainline series game, but still, they shifted their focus real quick. Sorry but the starters aren’t immediately capturing my interest so far. Maybe they’ll grow on me, but I’m sure those names won’t aside from Quaxly maybe. Hopefully the game plays like Pokémon Legends Arceus, I heard that game took a step in the right direction for the series, so it would make sense for them to do that here.
The website has been updated:

The Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet games, the newest chapters in the Pokémon series, are coming to Nintendo Switch later this year. With these new titles, the Pokémon series takes a new evolutionary step, allowing you to explore freely in a richly expressed open world.

Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You’ll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You’ll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy.

As one of the main characters, you’ll set off on your adventure. Your outfit will vary depending on whether you play Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet. Who knows what kind of story awaits you?

New screenshots
The games looks amazing. Sword and Shield look more advanced but this feels more like a Pokemon game. I can't wait to see how the anime adapts from this change.
The region's map so far
Read Through

I just feel like the starters remind me of video game characters:
Grass: Jibanyan becuz his verbal tic is used
Fire: King K Rool becuz croc
Water: Kass from BOTW becuz the JP name
(Feb. 27, 2022  11:17 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Read Through

Some people think the Hisuian Pokémon indicate time travel, however like you mentioned I bet they’re just more advanced Fossil Pokémon.

Here’s a good theory. As you can see above the character outfits for each game have emblems on their shoulder, and they’re both different. The outfits seem to be school outfits, so what if the emblems are both for competing schools. You join one of them depending on the version, and the professor is a teacher in that school. By the way, the trailer showed emblems as well. Food for thought.
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:00 AM)GHero Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2022  11:17 PM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote: Read Through

Some people think the Hisuian Pokémon indicate time travel, however like you mentioned I bet they’re just more advanced Fossil Pokémon.

Here’s a good theory. As you can see above the character outfits for each game have emblems on their shoulder, and they’re both different. The outfits seem to be school outfits, so what if the emblems are both for competing schools. You join one of them depending on the version, and the professor is a teacher in that school. By the way, the trailer showed emblems as well. Food for thought.

Revive hisuan forms? Great, I love overqwil and basculegion, and to an extent Goodra too (as I adore lil Goomy)
Gen 9 is looking pretty sweet! I love how it is another Open World Pokemon Game like Legends Arceus. It's like Pokemon is using the best parts of their Past Games and just putting them in Scarlet and Violet which is really Awesome! I can't wait for the rest of the News and Stuff to leak and be revelead!
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:04 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:00 AM)GHero Wrote: Some people think the Hisuian Pokémon indicate time travel, however like you mentioned I bet they’re just more advanced Fossil Pokémon.

Revive hisuan forms? Great, I love overqwil and basculegion, and to an extent Goodra too (as I adore lil Goomy)

Not confirmed, just a theory, but it would make sense.
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:07 AM)GHero Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:04 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Revive hisuan forms? Great, I love overqwil and basculegion, and to an extent Goodra too (as I adore lil Goomy)

Not confirmed, just a theory, but it would make sense.

In various images of the Scarlet and Violet Japanese logos they contain stars which are seen in various moments during the trailer.
(Feb. 28, 2022  2:56 AM)Darkus/Flasher Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2022  1:07 AM)GHero Wrote: Not confirmed, just a theory, but it would make sense.

In various images of the Scarlet and Violet Japanese logos they contain stars which are seen in various moments during the trailer.

Yeah I’ve just seen them, they could be potentially related to the new mechanic.
This is a great analysis of the trailer
(Mar. 01, 2022  1:06 AM)GHero Wrote: This is a great analysis of the trailer

He is really a great and insightful YouTuber. His energy is off the roof.
Here are my theories:

Mechanic:
During battle, you will be able to change the type of your Pokemon. Your moves that are not the type you changed into will change into predetermined ones, and the Pokemon's appearance will change to fit it's type.

Story
The start of the story will revolve around you going to 1 of 2 schools based on what game you chose. They will be rival schools due to their different values. The Scarlet one is traditional, meanwhile the Violet one is modern. The professor is a teacher in one of these schools, and you get your starter from him. After catching Pokemon and doing tasks around town you fight your first Gym Leader, which is the Principal. Afterwards you've graduated to the next grade, and are tasked with exploring other areas outside of town.

Characters
Friendly Rival: Your first friend that you made at school.
Main Rival: A student from the opposite school with despises your school.
Evil Team: A team themed around spiders, they wish to to the useless feuds around the Region through force.
off wow just came out with legends arceus
(Mar. 01, 2022  5:04 PM)GHero Wrote: Here are my theories:

Mechanic:
During battle, you will be able to change the type of your Pokemon. Your moves that are not the type you changed into will change into predetermined ones, and the Pokemon's appearance will change to fit it's type.

Story
The start of the story will revolve around you going to 1 of 2 schools based on what game you chose. They will be rival schools due to their different values. The Scarlet one is traditional, meanwhile the Violet one is modern. The professor is a teacher in one of these schools, and you get your starter from him. After catching Pokemon and doing tasks around town you fight your first Gym Leader, which is the Principal. Afterwards you've graduated to the next grade, and are tasked with exploring other areas outside of town.

Characters
Evil Team: A team themed around spiders, they wish to to the useless feuds around the Region through force.
If All 1000 Pokémon eventually come to the game (this gen will push the count to 1000), then it would be really hard to implement the type& appearance change thing. I doubt game freak would do that kind of thong, it would just take too much work.
(Mar. 01, 2022  11:03 PM)Orbit Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2022  5:04 PM)GHero Wrote: Here are my theories:

Mechanic:

Story

Characters
If All 1000 Pokémon eventually come to the game (this gen will push the count to 1000), then it would be really hard to implement the type& appearance change thing. I doubt game freak would do that kind of thong, it would just take too much work.

It's already been confirmed that will not happened since you can't transfer all Home Pokemon into Scarlet and Violet, only ones already obtainable in the game.
I hope Stuff Like Shaymin and the Kalos Starters appear this gen other then that I think Poke-Co is losing ideas Like really "Violet and Scarlet"?
(Mar. 02, 2022  12:40 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: I hope Stuff Like Shaymin and the Kalos Starters appear this gen other then that I think Poke-Co is losing ideas Like really "Violet and Scarlet"?

No offense, but they are not losing any ideas. Here's How:

-Created Remakes
-New Past Region
-New Pokémon
-If you think they are running out of ideas then please check these titles because they took SOOOO much thought into these ones.
-Black/White
-X/Y
-Sun/Moon
-Sword/Shield
They never lost any ideas it is always a switch of the opposite word.
(Mar. 01, 2022  11:24 PM)GHero Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2022  11:03 PM)Orbit Wrote: If All 1000 Pokémon eventually come to the game (this gen will push the count to 1000), then it would be really hard to implement the type& appearance change thing. I doubt game freak would do that kind of thong, it would just take too much work.

It's already been confirmed that will not happened since you can't transfer all Home Pokemon into Scarlet and Violet, only ones already obtainable in the game.

It’s probably be like sw/sh, where over time they put more Pokémon Into the game with DLC, so the mojority of the 1000 will enter the game, and having different forms for at least 500 Pokémon would still be too much for them.
I actually have high hopes for this new game! Seeing how Legends Arceus was handled and this new game being open world I'm very excited! One thing I do dislike is the new main characters, compared to all the others (Red, Blue, Dawn, Gloria, etc) they look like npc characters but it might grow on me. Also the last time we had colors was Black and White and those games were awesome so hopefully this doesn't deface the color gens!
The duck probably is gonna be like charizard but 10x better