Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation)

Thanks GrinGrinGrin
Oh yeah, and thanks everyone for supporting and using the userbar Joyful_3
If you made ROM Updates(and worked with our save files) then you could add new pokemon to the wild and we'll update our PKMNCrimson! That would be awesome!
Wow cool game! soo what is it like to rom hack do you see all the engines they used to make the game?I would like to know how to rom hack lol.
you will need advanced map, which is used to edit the maps (towns and roads), it also edits the movements of in game characters...etc.

then you will need a text editor, which will edit the texts in the game

also, theres a started editor, you edit the starter pokemons

a character editor, it enables you to modify the characters in the game.

and lots of more things.. most of those are found in a site called (pokecommunity) or something.

you can make simple modifications easily.. such as changing things in the map.. but creating a new whole game is kinda hard.
so r they the game engines???
He is editing the code of the actual Firered game file, Beyunit. Those are programs that help with doing that.
oh ok thanks pichcute
(Sep. 10, 2009  7:44 PM)Pegasis Wrote: you will need advanced map, which is used to edit the maps (towns and roads), it also edits the movements of in game characters...etc.

then you will need a text editor, which will edit the texts in the game

also, theres a started editor, you edit the starter pokemons

a character editor, it enables you to modify the characters in the game.

and lots of more things.. most of those are found in a site called (pokecommunity) or something.

you can make simple modifications easily.. such as changing things in the map.. but creating a new whole game is kinda hard.

(Sep. 06, 2009  9:03 AM)Omega Wrote: No not RPG maker... RPG maker isn't good for making Pokemon Games. I am using over 30 programs to make this game. Programs such as: Advanced Map (editing the scenery, cities, etc.), Advanced Text (changes what people say), UnLZ (change sprites, add sprites, delete sprites), PokeScript (create new scripts, aka events, such as trainers, new people, new legendary Pokemon events, etc. And there are much much more.
I use a LOT of programs to ROM Hack, about 70+. These are the main ones that a basic ROM Hack needs: Advance Map, Advance Text, PokeScript, UnLZ, SPREAD, APE, Starter Editor, Moveset editor, Day Ad Night (FG/LF Not supported).
(Sep. 11, 2009  11:35 AM)Omega Wrote: I use a LOT of programs to ROM Hack, about 70+. These are the main ones that a basic ROM Hack needs: Advance Map, Advance Text, PokeScript, UnLZ, SPREAD, APE, Starter Editor, Moveset editor, Day Ad Night (FG/LF Not supported).

HOLY CARP! Thats a lot of programs Gasp
I hope you work at least 200 hours on this :3 (in my dreams haha)
Hm, this is pretty cool, keep up the good work and I would help but I don't really know much about programs and ROM Hacker. I will let you know if I think of any idea though.

(Sep. 10, 2009  7:46 AM)Omega Wrote: And you don't need to surf or waterfall to leave your home town, you over the cave like thing with the stairs to get to the other side xD

Just to let you know if you haven't noticed or someone hasn't pointed it out, you haven't got stairs on the other side.
(Sep. 11, 2009  8:24 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: Hm, this is pretty cool, keep up the good work and I would help but I don't really know much about programs and ROM Hacker. I will let you know if I think of any idea though.

Just to let you know if you haven't noticed or someone hasn't pointed it out, you haven't got stairs on the other side.

You jump off, just like those ledges.
New Pokemon Physics?
could you add like shiny legendaries and shiny pokemon that'd be supa cool
You can't make a shiny Pokemon Script event, it's not possible.
(Sep. 12, 2009  4:46 AM)Omega Wrote: You can't make a shiny Pokemon Script event, it's not possible.
Then how did nintendo do it?
Do you think I'm Nintendo? Do you think I have all the high tech and 1000 staff members working on one single game? And Nintendo never made any Shiny Pokemon events, you can only get them in the wild.
I thought u could copy/paste the raw code... sorry...

BTW, there was a shiny zigzagoon event to spread the pomeg clitch patch.
You cannot create a script to battle a Shiny Pokemon, it's not possible, I am telling you. Unless your lucky enough to encounter that Pokemon as a shiny, which is like a 1 in 6000 chance or something like that.
Can you catch shinies in your game?
Of course, all Pokemon games have shiny Pokemon besides R/B versions, it's inbuilt in the game. But what I am trying to say is, I cannot make a shiny appear, as in make a Pokemon standing there waiting for you to click it, then you go into battle, and it's 100% going to be a shiny. I cannot do that.
lol? Then how did Action Replay codes and GameShark codes do it?