World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) (/Thread-Pokemon-Crimson-Version-My-creation)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Omega - Sep. 06, 2009

Hey WBO Grin
I am making my own Pokemon game Grin
I've been doing ROM hacking for about 2 years now... So I have decided to make a proper Pokemon game, new Pokemon, new scenery, new cities, new region, new story line, everything.

The ROM I am using is Fire Red version, and I am editing it to make my own game.

The title I am thinking of using is 'Pokemon Crimson Version'.

I have already mapped the starting town, and Route 1, here they are:
Starting Town (Evergreen Town, normal weather):
[Image: 44454654.png]

Route 1 (normal weather):
[Image: route1y.png]

I only started making the game about 3 hours ago, so there is a LOT more work to do.

EDIT: The reason why this is a GBA game (Original ROM is Fire Red) is because there are more tools for GBA, and there are only a few tools for DS ROM hacking.

Support Pokemon Crimson!:
Place this userbar in your signature if you support Pokemon Crimson Version!
[Image: crimsonuserbar.png]

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Raykon - Sep. 06, 2009

This looks good! I hope you update this with more maps that you have created. I've always wanted to create my own Pokemon game like this but don't know how to get started etc Unhappy but I really like what you've done so far!

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Bae Master - Sep. 06, 2009

u better work ur carp off on the game so i can play itGrin

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Pich - Sep. 06, 2009

Ahh, ROM hacking. I tried making a silver hack about 3 years ago. Never did get around to doing much to it, though, mainly because I have just played too many pokemon games and it got boring to test.

Anyway, good luck. It looks nice, and I especially like that your editing the tiles as well. I think the tree tiles need improving, though. They are pretty flat looking. Also, will you be adding custom events, too? (such as when gary appears, etc.)

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Omega - Sep. 06, 2009

Hahaha xD
Yeah, I'm going to be working on this a lot.

(Sep. 06, 2009  7:33 AM)Beynval Wrote: u better work ur carp off on the game so i can play itGrin

(Sep. 06, 2009  7:34 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Ahh, ROM hacking. I tried making a silver hack about 3 years ago. Never did get around to doing much to it, though, mainly because I have just played too many pokemon games and it got boring to test.

Anyway, good luck. It looks nice, and I especially like that your editing the tiles as well. I think the tree tiles need improving, though. They are pretty flat looking. Also, will you be adding custom events, too? (such as when gary appears, etc.)

Yes I am changing the story line completely. I made those trees from scratch.. But yeah, I will be doing some major editing, I only started it recently.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Dirge - Sep. 06, 2009

what are you using to make this?RPG maker?Smile

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - フェルグラント - Sep. 06, 2009

You are doing a good job, expect that I don't know where to get the starters.

For the name of the starting town...Evergreen? IDK...

(Sep. 06, 2009  8:12 AM)heero yuy Wrote: what are you using to make this?RPG maker?Smile

No not RPG maker... RPG maker isn't good for making Pokemon Games. I am using over 30 programs to make this game. Programs such as: Advanced Map (editing the scenery, cities, etc.), Advanced Text (changes what people say), UnLZ (change sprites, add sprites, delete sprites), PokeScript (create new scripts, aka events, such as trainers, new people, new legendary Pokemon events, etc. And there are much much more.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Bae Master - Sep. 06, 2009

Dudeeeeeeeee man i wanna give in ideasGrin
ill ttyl on msn

Your not on MSN? xD
Well I'm happy to take in ideas (that goes for anyone). And if there are any skilled Pokemon ROM hackers, please let me know! I need to start a team to work on Pokemon Crimson, because it's really really hard to do it by yourself, and it will take a very long time.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Galaxxy - Sep. 06, 2009

Cool looks like it'll be fun.
I don't know about ROM haking and all that but it sounds pretty hard.
Good luck and be swift cus I wanna play lol.

Haha Thanks Smile
I've posted a userbar for those who support Pokemon Crimson version Smile Feel free to use it, it's in the OP.
Okay... I know the trees look a bit 'flat' in the picture in the OP, but they don't look to bad when playing the game. But I have made new tree tiles in a copy, so I took a screen shot:
[Image: starttown2.png]
Note: This is just the map, does not show characters and events.
Now I need to know, which tree looks better? The trees in the OP, or the trees in the image in this post.
Thanks Grin

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Ariamis776 - Sep. 06, 2009

Looks good! and for the starting pkmn, can u give us a choice of 4?:fire water grass thnder or flying

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Raykon - Sep. 06, 2009

(Sep. 06, 2009  9:46 AM)Omega Wrote: Haha Thanks Smile
I've posted a userbar for those who support Pokemon Crimson version Smile Feel free to use it, it's in the OP.
Okay... I know the trees look a bit 'flat' in the picture in the OP, but they don't look to bad when playing the game. But I have made new tree tiles in a copy, so I took a screen shot:
Now I need to know, which tree looks better? The trees in the OP, or the trees in the image in this post.
Thanks Grin
Well for me the differences between the OP and these ones aren't that big for me, but I'm kind of leaning to the ones in this post, I think they're a bit better than the ones in the OP.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - フェルグラント - Sep. 06, 2009

(Sep. 06, 2009  9:46 AM)Omega Wrote: Haha Thanks Smile
Thanks Grin

Lol, You are good, I know cuz I juz now tried to hack the game and failed miserably at the event codes...

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Omega - Sep. 07, 2009

Haha, it takes a LOT of experience to be a good ROM hacker. And event scripting is very hard... I would highly recommend basic mapping with Advance Map to start with, then start watching tutorial videos, etc. If your keen on learning, join pokecommunity, and look in the ROM hacking section, also pkmnhackersonline is a great recourse for tools, guides, tiles, etc.

PS. I will make more trees, I think I could probably make better ones. I made a very good tree, but it was too large.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - フェルグラント - Sep. 07, 2009

Where did Professor's lab go?

It has a completely new story line, it is not Fire Red, I only used the Fire Red ROM as the base ROM. So there is no lab, it's a completely different storyline.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - フェルグラント - Sep. 07, 2009

Yeah...so where does the main character get his/her pokemon? I'm confused.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Bey Brad - Sep. 07, 2009

(Sep. 07, 2009  7:22 AM)FelGrand Wrote: Yeah...so where does the main character get his/her pokemon? I'm confused.

there is no way to get a pokemon other than from a professor?

I can do whatever to the game. I can change anything, add anything, do whatever to it. I've been ROM hacking for a very long time. So I decided to make the game different from the other 'official' versions, in Pokemon Crimson version, you don't receive it from a professor, and there is no lab, you will just have to wait and see for yourself Wink But I could have always kept it, and even re-located it to another town/city, but I decided to change things up a little.

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - Crimson - Sep. 07, 2009

Just noticed this thread.

I'm the professor, I give you pokemon,
I'm also every gym leader and all members of the elite 4. Cool
I'm also every pokemon.

Crimson version owns.
(keep up the good work.)

Lmao is that a riddle?

And thanks Grin I just realized you had the username of my game xD

RE: Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation) - LAITON - Sep. 07, 2009

Um... I how do you make a game like this I would love to know how can you tell me ?

I can't just tell you like that. It takes months, even years to be a good ROM hacker. Start of with basic mapping using Advance Map, and mapping is the most fun part of ROM hacking (for most people). Look up some video tutorials on YouTube for Advance Map, and visit sites such as http://pkmnhackersonline.com and http://pokecommunity.com for some great resources! Grin