Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation)

lol. Are you talking about when theres a little pokemon icon standing around and you have to and talk to it? If so thats not what they're talking about. :l
(Sep. 17, 2009  6:15 PM)Medz Wrote: lol. Are you talking about when theres a little pokemon icon standing around and you have to and talk to it? If so thats not what they're talking about. :l

what are you talking about?

red gyarados is a shiny pokemon
Im saying the red gyarados thing is a proper registered thing in the story line. A red gyarados apears in the water and you have to go upto it an talk to it to battle it. Things like that should be able to be edited to be changed, but to do something like get a shiny charmander at night on sept 12 etc, that stuff is hardly possible.
(Sep. 12, 2009  5:48 AM)Omega Wrote: Of course, all Pokemon games have shiny Pokemon besides R/B versions, it's inbuilt in the game. But what I am trying to say is, I cannot make a shiny appear, as in make a Pokemon standing there waiting for you to click it, then you go into battle, and it's 100% going to be a shiny. I cannot do that.

Learn to read, Medz.
You were talking about a different post to the above so I didnt know. Sorry in that case.
I thought you were talking about:
(Sep. 17, 2009  5:10 PM)Omega Wrote: You can't make a shiny Pokemon Script event, it's not possible.
Red Gyarados is the only Shiny event out of every Pokemon game (except HG/SS). But there were no Shiny events in any of the GBA versions. So there is no script code for GBA editing to make a Shiny event, trust me I've looked everywhere and I've even asked on ROM hacking forums.

Also the Red Gyarados event was made by Nintendo, not a ROM hacker.
[/align]hows the game goin btw are you making new pokemon to add to the game or u usin the old ones
I've answered that question already. I will add made up Pokemon as well as keeping all the old Pokemon.
Alright, I've finished all towns up to the town with the first gym leader. I'll probably post pictures tomorrow, bit busy at the moment.
Dude if u can make items, make this: Dragon Stone.
for the reason:
[Image: 9982961.jpg] WYVEON!!! AN EEVEE DRAGON EVOLUTION!!
(Sep. 17, 2009  11:25 PM)Omega Wrote: Also the Red Gyarados event was made by Nintendo, not a ROM hacker.

As I said, there is a difference between "this can't be done" and "I can't do it."
There is no tool or script to do so.
umm why not hack a pokemon gold/silver/crystal ROM then figure out a way to put the script for that event into you game?
Cause the graphics suck, and there are hardly any good tools for G/S/C.
IMO it wouldnt be to hard to put red Gyarados pretty much use the scrpit for the ledgendarys but put the red gyarados sprit in there and then youll have the red gyarados event do you get what i mean?
LOL it's not that simple... I could just do a re-colour of a sprite, it doesn't mean that it will be a shiny when you battle it. Creating a Pokemon event requires more then 6 scripts, the sprite, the in battle sprite, the move-set, music, timing, text, and colours.
you can find the red gyarados sprite on google pretty easy
yeah i know itll take time but wouldnt that be the most simple way to make a red gyarados event?
I don't think you understand this at all... There is no script whatsoever to make a Pokemon appear shiny 100% of the time! I am on 3 Pokemon ROM hacking forums, I have been searching and asking on them for a very long time, it's not possible using ROM hacking tools. Nintendo doesn't use ROM hacking tools, they do it themselves.
I dont think you get what i mean,every pokemon game has the shiny sprites in them cause theres a 1/8000 chance of incoutering any shiny pokemon from what i rember.all you realy need to do is use the programing from one of the legendary's event edit it and change the sprite/move set to gyarados and its done
get what i mean?
And I said already you can't do that! I know what you are talking about, it's not possible. Do you ROM hack? Do you even know what your talking about? If you know what your talking about, then why don't you tell me how? You can't.
ive done programing before not rom hacking im asumeing its pretty simular
and if youve got everything thats on the ROM your hacking then you should have the sprites for it.
and earlyer in this theard you said you can change and add anything you wanted so why cant you change the sprites and scrip?
I can change sprites and scripts, but it doesn't mean that it is a shiny.

The only similar part in ROM hacking and Programing is scripting and hex editing, the rest not so much.
yeah thats what i ment just make the event and have the red gyarados sprit so you can catch it or something.
cause i know shinys work on an incounter rate and that all the games have every pokemon shinny on them so you can get shiny starters and legendary's although it takes days of SR.
You don't know what your saying.
(Sep. 22, 2009  9:20 AM)Dirge Wrote: yeah thats what i ment just make the event and have the red gyarados sprit so you can catch it or something.
cause i know shinys work on an incounter rate and that all the games have every pokemon shinny on them so you can get shiny starters and legendary's although it takes days of SR.

Read this...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/S...III_and_IV