Pokemon - Crimson Version (My creation)

basicly you can get any pokemon shiny its on the serebii.net forum thing to get starter pokemon and legendarys shiny you do SR(soft restart) over and over again till the pokemon is shiny.
on my pokemon ruby save i have a shiny rayquaza from doing this.
so if you hacking the ROM which basicly has all the data thats on the games you should every pokemon in there shiny form
It does have the info, but you cannot make it 100% appear shiny! I can't change the encounter rate of a shiny Pokemon, there is no tool or script for that. How many times do I have to tell you this??
Dirge,

I think that if Omega says he can't do it, then he can't do it, okay?
But, I hope we get a demo or something soon. Smile
im just saying it is possible to edit and event to make it red gyarados but if you cant do it withthe programs your useing thats fair enuff.
I can make an entire new Pokemon slot and make the sprite as a Red Gyarados, like it will be an entire new Pokemon, that I can do. But if I do that, then it's still not really a shiny, it's just a re-colour, no red star on it's status, and no sparkly effect when sent out.
yeah thats what i was meaning cause red gyarados in gold and silver you dont realy consider it a shiny because its just an event thing.and as long as it looks like a shiny people will probley belive it is a shiny ya know?
No, that would be just a re-colour which is not considered shiny.
Seriously I think you don't know what you're talking about, you don't know anything about ROM hacking, stop acting like you do.
shiny's are basicly recolourings except they have the star animation and status thing.
if you wanted to put a red gyardos event in it why not make it so you cant catch it just battle it?

btw i know quite abit about programing which is simalar to rom hacking ive made rpg games before.
sympa ton rom hacking i like this really ^^
(Sep. 23, 2009  12:47 PM)Dirge Wrote: yeah thats what i was meaning cause red gyarados in gold and silver you dont realy consider it a shiny because its just an event thing.and as long as it looks like a shiny people will probley belive it is a shiny ya know?

Red Gyarados is a shiny Pokemon. Not a "red Gyarados".

(Sep. 23, 2009  1:57 PM)Dirge Wrote: btw i know quite abit about programing which is simalar to rom hacking ive made rpg games before.

Not really.
Omega, this question will put an end to the arguement thing-sort of.
Are shiny pokemon whole seperate pokemon? If so you can do it, if not then its just a section that has a if code like:

$number = Random(1,999999999)
If $number == 938908 then
Show Shiny etc.

END.
Shiny Pokemon do not have their own slots. And that script code you just wrote doesn't mean anything, that code is no where near complete, and it won't work because Shiny's don't have their own slot.
Way to ruin a great thread....

Shinies are stupid. Let's move on guys.
yeah.
btw omega how diffrent is the story compared to other pokemon games?
I have already said this, I am changing it entirley.
Omega, Obviously thats an entire different code, Im a php coder and I was just showing a code that isnt even php really, to try and explain what the system COULD work liek. kthx.
(Sep. 24, 2009  4:58 PM)Medz Wrote: Omega, Obviously thats an entire different code, Im a php coder and I was just showing a code that isnt even php really, to try and explain what the system COULD work liek. kthx.

except you don't know what the hell you're talking about

do you really think PHP coding and ROM hacking have anything in common
No I was trying to explain to Dirge and some other people what the actual GAME'S code COULD be like.
(Sep. 24, 2009  7:50 PM)Medz Wrote: No I was trying to explain to Dirge and some other people what the actual GAME'S code COULD be like.

in a magical world where games were coded in PHP
That code you wrote, it's pretty similar to a small part of a script code, but you'd need a lot more for it to be a full script.
I'm not sure if you are looking for help outside of the hacking, but if you are, I can write.

Also, looking forward to this game! Hook us up with a beta when you can!
I will release a beta soon. And do you mean story line writing?
(Oct. 02, 2009  3:18 AM)Omega Wrote: I will release a beta soon. And do you mean story line writing?

Correct. I would love to work on it.
Oh, sure thing! I take all ideas! Smile
just 1 prob- how the hell do you get out of route 1. Imagine it:

Red - what a short pokemon game this turned out to be

(not supposed to be offensive - I think the plan is sick)