Pokémon

Staraptor.

Based solely on the fact that I used it the most often in Diamond and it saved my carp in a lot of matches.
Mr. Toto Wrote:This question is completely absurd and irrelevant, but if you hypothetically had to raise real Pokemon, would you treat them the same way that this guy does? Maybe Nintendo is trying to have players like their Pokemon regardless if they're the elite or not, Ichida.

The anime sucks, no matter what values it's stressing. It woefully misconstrues the ability of just about every Pokemon in existence. Pikachu is the most obvious example. By competitive standards, even with the Light Ball, Pikachu is pretty damn weak.

If I were training real Pokemon, there'd be no way to look at their stats, EVs, or IVs, so I'd just have to go with the first one of whatever Pokemon I want to use and put faith in it.

Mr. Toto Wrote:What's everyone's favorite Pokemon? I've got a lot. I'll post a list later, when I can think of them all.

My favorite Pokemon are the ones I compete with, but since nobody here seems to be willing to battle, there's no harm in saying. Gyarados, Electivire, Medicham, Alakazam, Porygon-Z, Garchomp, Umbreon, Heracross, Togekiss, Rampardos, Milotic, Gallade, Gardevoir, and Metagross. My Gyarados, by itself, destroyed nine entire teams at Otakon's PBR booth. >D
Ichida Wrote:blah blah blah i'm better than all of you blah blah blah
Holy Jengajam, Ichida. We know you'd destroy us in a battle, but you don't need to brag about it in every post of the forum. Also, I'm surprised you only like Pokemon based on whether or not you can compete with them or not.

Ichida Wrote:The anime sucks, no matter what values it's stressing. It woefully misconstrues the ability of just about every Pokemon in existence. Pikachu is the most obvious example. By competitive standards, even with the Light Ball, Pikachu is pretty damn weak.
this is because it is a show for kids, but still tries to teach the young'uns a lesson or two about friendship and care, which you seemed to have missed in the show

Ichida Wrote:If I were training real Pokemon, there'd be no way to look at their stats, EVs, or IVs, so I'd just have to go with the first one of whatever Pokemon I want to use and put faith in it.
Okay, assuming that you could look at EVs, stats, and IVs, would you still put a Pokemon through that if it were real?
Well, seeing as most Pokemon enjoy battle, I don't see the problem with EV training a real Pokemon.
I hardly imagine a Level 43 Blissey enjoys slaughtering
Also, considering how consistently I've kicked your carp at Beyblade, maybe you should stop talking about how OMGSERIOUS you are about this hobby. We get it. Go start Pokewiki.com.

(Yes, I'm aware of Bulbapedia, don't start.)
Oh man, imagine if Nintendo made an official Pokemon Wikipedia at the domain "pokedex.com," designed to look like the Dex! I would find that so interesting, you don't even know man.
Ichida, a lot of us are really amazing at things unrelated to Bey, and we don't feel the need to justify our existence by bragging about it, why should you?
Mr. Toto Wrote:Oh man, imagine if Nintendo made an official Pokemon Wikipedia at the domain "pokedex.com," designed to look like the Dex! I would find that so interesting, you don't even know man.

That would be cool. In the meantime:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
Tamer Brad Wrote:I hardly imagine a Level 43 Blissey enjoys slaughtering <Lv.5s for EVs.

I do my EV Training at Level 10-20.

That's the only reply I have for now. Tongue_out
Has anyone else here played Pokemon Channel? It's absolutely hilarious to stay up all night with this thing.
I'm amazed no one has yet said, "SEAKING! carp YEAH!"

I still don't know how that started.:rolleyes:
Some of my favourite pokes:

- Blastoise
- Aerodactyl
- Feraligatr
- Tyranitar
- Gyarados
- Nidoking
- Jolteon
- Mewtwo
- Snorlax
- Gengar
- Metagross

The game can't really be compared to what real life pokémon would be. One of the biggest differences is that while they stop at lv100 in games, in real life they could always get better, even if they weren't as good to start out with.

Also, mindlessly and endlessly biking up and down Solaceon isn't much of a real effort, nor is beating the same poke over and over to get EVs. Don't talk about willpower and effort like this was the anime or something =/
in real life they wouldnt have levels. and they also wouldnt just stand around in the same spot waiting to get hit. in real life any type could be good if you train it properly
Ichida Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:I hardly imagine a Level 43 Blissey enjoys slaughtering <Lv.5s for EVs.

You've gotta be kidding me? That's before most pokemon evolve and you're hardly gonna take down a Golbat and get like the maximum number of EV's possible at such a low level... I only EVed one pokemon and it was at like... at least high 30's or low 40's... I mean it was like level 50 before I went and saw that woman who gave it a cool looking Ribbon..

Oh and that Blah blah blah made me LOL Brad I was having fits... nicely done.
Ominous Wrote:I'm amazed no one has yet said, "SEAKING! carp YEAH!"

I still don't know how that started.:rolleyes:

Actually, Seaking comes last.

"carp YEAH SEAKING".

Wink
I play Pokemon, but I lost my diamond game and I was really upset cuz my whole history of pokemon was on there and I thought that there is no use of buying a new game cuz it would take too long.
Fleetscut Wrote:in real life they wouldnt have levels. and they also wouldnt just stand around in the same spot waiting to get hit. in real life any type could be good if you train it properly

Actually, in the anime, they sometimes do talk about levels and such.
Ichida Wrote:Well, seeing as most Pokemon enjoy battle, I don't see the problem with EV training a real Pokemon.

ICHIDA IS THE MICHAEL VICK OF POKEMON!!!!

Gah, would someone buy me a DS and Pokemon so I can catch up?
Ozuma Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:

You've gotta be kidding me? That's before most pokemon evolve and you're hardly gonna take down a Golbat and get like the maximum number of EV's possible at such a low level... I only EVed one pokemon and it was at like... at least high 30's or low 40's... I mean it was like level 50 before I went and saw that woman who gave it a cool looking Ribbon..

Oh and that Blah blah blah made me LOL Brad I was having fits... nicely done.
Pokémon can get EVs in whatever level they're at, except when they reach Lv100, since they get no more EXP. I started my EV training in LG from Lv5, just that I switched the poke I was EVing, for something else to beat the opponent. I think he meant that he started EV training them at those levels though, not that it was finished by then. Of course, it depends on what you're facing. Usually, with pokes at lv5, I just faced some high level trainer poke, so I'd level up quickly, while with stuff such as legends, which come at a high level, I'd go beat wild pokes, for example in LG, I used to do my Speed Ev training against Lv 2-4 Pidgey's and Rattata's.
The only thing with EVing low level pokes, is that since you level up so quickly, you never notice the EVs gained, although they're still there. Do it with something like a Lv70 Mewtwo beating low level pokes and you'll see it getting an enourmous amount of EV's just in one level up. Mine for example, went up 49+ in SpA from one level to another and if it had got less EXP than it did (it leveled up before speed was maxed, finished it up by the next lv), it'd have went up even higher (max being 63).
i think someone should bring a wii and PBR to Anime North and we can all have fun playing without all this EV stuff. heck we could do it saturday night right after the dinner. come back and have a party in one of our rooms
I do my eving at level 1, after the pokemon hatches...
I do my EV'ing at Lv. 0.
WHILE THE POKEMON IS STILL IN THE EGG.

I am so hardcore.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Has anyone else here played Pokemon Channel? It's absolutely hilarious to stay up all night with this thing.

I beat it a few years ago. Don't recall a lot of things about it though. I do remember enjoying it though, that special anime episode that you unlocked throughout the game was the bomb, it made me love Wooper.
SereneCrimson Wrote:I do my EV'ing at Lv. 0.
WHILE THE POKEMON IS STILL IN THE EGG.

I am so hardcore.

wow u r so competitive

can you beat ichida-sama???? Tongue_outTongue_outTongue_out