Pokémon

this is pretty much what i think about this topic (and ichida)
[Image: whatay3.gif]
SereneCrimson Wrote:Pokemon Snap Wii AND Pokemon Snap DS

With connectivity features that unlock some super special features.

Wii version with DS connectivity for managing photos, items, film types...
oh god let's get a homebrew team on this right now
SereneCrimson Wrote:Pokemon Snap Wii AND Pokemon Snap DS

With connectivity features that unlock some super special features.

or there could be exclusive photos you could only obtain in one version so you'd have to link with the other in order to get the ones your missing

Tamer Brad Wrote:oh god let's get a homebrew team on this right now

i start learning C next semester. and though it may take me awhile to learn the language, if i can figure out the wii's coding, and find a way to write the game i'd be up for it
hahaha, i sincerely doubt this is within the scope of a homebrew team
if the wii's coding could be figured out it would only take a team of people willing to do concept, 3d designing, and programming. its basically the same in normal production. once a company knows how to create programs for the consoles hardware they just need to create their game
Tamer Brad Wrote:And what the hell do you mean real vs. simulated? THEY ARE LINES OF CODE IN A COMPUTER PROGRAM. IT IS ALL SIMULATED.

The difference is that competition Pokemon in the real game take effort, knowledge, and dedication, while "simulated" Pokemon in those PC simulators like NetBattle take a few key strokes. I see no point in any battle unless what you fight with took real effort to create. It's not just a battle of stats, numbers, and attacks, but a battle of effort, skill, and willpower. That's how I see any video game competition, not just Pokemon. The person who wants to win more will most likely win out in the end. That's my experience, anyways. Anything other than that just dehumanizes the whole experience.
Ichida Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:And what the hell do you mean real vs. simulated? THEY ARE LINES OF CODE IN A COMPUTER PROGRAM. IT IS ALL SIMULATED.

The difference is that competition Pokemon in the real game take effort, knowledge, and dedication, while "simulated" Pokemon in those PC simulators like NetBattle take a few key strokes. I see no point in any battle unless what you fight with took real effort to create. It's not just a battle of stats, numbers, and attacks, but a battle of effort, skill, and willpower. That's how I see any video game competition, not just Pokemon. The person who wants to win more will most likely win out in the end. That's my experience, anyways. Anything other than that just dehumanizes the whole experience.

The only difference is that the tedious, redundant actions necessary to create the Pokemon are eliminated. GameFreak is needlessly bogging the game down with grinding.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:

The only difference is that the tedious, redundant actions necessary to create the Pokemon are eliminated. GameFreak is needlessly bogging the game down with grinding.

Agreed. That's why I've never bothered getting back into Pokemon. Too much hassle. And then I heard about that EV carp and said, "Okay, I quit."
Isn't the anime stressing the importance of maybe caring for your Pokemon and not discarding them due to the fact that they don't have an EV or IV you want? This one trainer in the show is an exaggeration of an EV trainer, only kind of similar to how he'd act in the games. He catches several of one type of Pokemon, and only keeps them if they have the nature that he wants and good stats. If not, he discards them and catches one that he feels is worth his time.

He EV trains and raises Pokemon at an absurdly quick rate. For example, he managed to raise a Torterra before even reaching the third gym. Even so, he's an example of showing how not to treat your Pokemon. This question is completely absurd and irrelevant, but if you hypothetically had to raise real Pokemon, would you treat them the same way that this guy does? Maybe Nintendo is trying to have players like their Pokemon regardless if they're the elite or not, Ichida.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Also, I know it's silly, but I do tend to care for the Pokemon I use. Unhappy
i tend to use the 6 i catch at the very beginning of the game all the way through. then of course there may be a few i might gain on the way that might have a type, or move or something that i need, but i generally stick with the first ones i catch
I'm even worse.

When I deposit a pokemon into the boxes, I feel bad that I've just crammed it in there like that.
):

When I release a pokemon, I just sorta think "Have a good life buddy!"

My Pokemon are too special to me.... (that sounded a bit loser'ish.. didn't it?)
When I got into breeding heavily, I stopped caring about my Pokemon. Unhappy Now that I don't do it anymore, I care more.
What's everyone's favorite Pokemon? I've got a lot. I'll post a list later, when I can think of them all.
Vaporeon and, newly, Porygon-Z.
Togekiss
Zangoose
Mew
Lickilicky (I have a shiny one on Pearl, I nicknamed it Lemon)
Darkrai
My top three would be Scizor, Umbreon, and...

WOOPER, THE BEST POKEMON EVER

Oh yeah, Shuckles cool as well.
I like Totodile, Absol, Wartortle, Lugia, Gliscor, and Leafeon. I think those are the ones, but those are just off the top of my head.
Alakazam and Blazeken. I also like many pre-evolved pokemon =)

I had a 68-ish Blazeken, on Sapphire, and decided to start an entirely new game with Alakazam and Pre-evolved pokemon, like torchic.

I really need to get Pearl =/
Oh man, why didn't Tauros get an evolution?
Zangoose and Exploud are both pretty awesome... as is Gengar, but I'm into the golden oldies the 2 that have my heart were always:

Scyther & Electabuzz
They are amazing!