Pokémon

http://www.popculturemadness.com/Disturbed/Pikachu.jpg This is carp UP!!!! I thought it was funny.
Mega bump lolz.

They are meant to be remaking Pokemon Silver at some point.
^ Yes GSDS excites me so!
(Dec. 04, 2007  2:22 PM)Litrid Wrote: I know everyone will agree with me when I say they should've remade yellow,gold, and silver for GBA those would've made millions and millions. Silver and Gold was great cuz there was lots to do and yellow you had a carp pikachu following you which is awesome and you could also get all starters.

I would love to see a re-make of Yellow for DS since I had Yellow a long time ago but lost it on a plane D= Man I had lost 1 GBA and broken 1 when I was younger >.> I never got a new GBA after I broke the second one though =/
Anyway, back on topic, I loved the little Pikachu that followed you everywhere in game, and being able to get all the starters was awesome. If they made a re-make of Yellow it should be like LeafGreen and FireRed, but with the Pikachu following you everywhere =D
(Nov. 03, 2008  11:34 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: Mega bump lolz.

They are meant to be remaking Pokemon Silver at some point.

Where did you hear this?
This has been a rumour in the community for a few years now. I has been discussed amongst forums but there is no legit proof.
(Nov. 13, 2008  4:22 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: This has been a rumour in the community for a few years now. I has been discussed amongst forums but there is no legit proof.

But why a re-make of Silver? What about Gold?? And I think Yellow would get a lot more popularity if that was re-made instead of Silver or Gold...
(Nov. 13, 2008  10:52 PM)Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2008  4:22 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: This has been a rumour in the community for a few years now. I has been discussed amongst forums but there is no legit proof.

But why a re-make of Silver? What about Gold?? And I think Yellow would get a lot more popularity if that was re-made instead of Silver or Gold...

LOL, pretty sure remaking Gold would be implied with Silver.

As for Yellow, it's just Red and Blue with a stupid Pikachu following you around. Red and Blue do not need another remake.

I'm not sure but, I think it's because they already re-made first gen games.
(Nov. 13, 2008  11:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

LOL, pretty sure remaking Gold would be implied with Silver.

As for Yellow, it's just Red and Blue with a stupid Pikachu following you around. Red and Blue do not need another remake.

haha, everyone kept saying only Silver so I assumed that it was only gonna be a re-make of Silver. There goes my hands typing without thinking.

*gasp* How dare you call Pikachu stupid XDD But I think that some people would probably buy it with that extra feature since it was fun to have Pikachu following you around >w< And not to mention I lost mine AND my brothers so I'd buy it >.>

shikamaru - ah...yeah I forgot about FireRed and LeafGreen...which are pretty much the re-makes for the first generation...

Speaking of which I'm having a hard time thinking that the Pokemon Generation will progress any farther in terms of the new Pokemon. I mean they've already got 493 Pokemon...so maybe they'll be creating more side games and re-creating older games instead of working on new generations.
Is anyone here interested in competitive battling? I want to get better, specifically on Shoddy, and it would be cool to discuss this stuff.

My current team is:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Naive 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Explosion

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Fire

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

Roserade @ Life Orb
Timid 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Leaf Storm
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Toxic Spikes

Zapdos @ Leftovers
192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice

Still very new to all this ... feedback would be cool, along with discussion.
Way to tell everyone your team and move sets. But, since you are asking for feedback i guess that is cool..
Also i'd suggest a wall in there like skarmory and if you want a special wall like blissey.
(Jul. 29, 2010  4:40 PM)♥ Wrote: Is anyone here interested in competitive battling? I want to get better, specifically on Shoddy, and it would be cool to discuss this stuff.

My current team is:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Naive 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Explosion

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Fire

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

Roserade @ Life Orb
~ Leaf Storm
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Toxic Spikes

Zapdos @ Leftovers
192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice

Still very new to all this ... feedback would be cool, along with discussion.

Pretty good team, I'm personally not too fond of aerodactyl or gengar, and magnezone isn't my favorit mix sweeper.
You have a weakness to Swift Swim Kingdra, mostly if it's leading and has a chance to go for a rain dance on your aerodactyl, but you're fairly balanced.

Any major focus for your team? Want to describe the synergy?
Ah, thank god some people are still interested in this sort of thing here, haha.

I find Aerodactyl to be a pretty solid lead with regards to Taunt/Stealth Rock, although I get confused as to what to do when I come up against other Lead Aerodactyls. Focus Sash means that I can set up Stealth Rock no matter what, pretty much. I suppose I could Taunt Kingdra to prevent Rain Dance.

I don't really have a team plan so to speak ... I researched leads, then picked my favourite (one with a strategy which I could easily understand/implement), and then built my team from there by following smogon. Mostly, it focuses around setting up Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes to build up residual damage; SubRoost Zapdos is a great staller for me after Toxic Spikes is set up. Obviously, Rapid Spinners put a dent into this ... and I don't have a Rapid Spinner of my own, either.

Incidentally, I did come across a Kingdra today, who proceeded to wipe the floor with me even without Rain Dance set up.
Get a Tyranitar to stall rain dancers. (am I right on this?) Also Forretress is a good choice as a Rapid Spinner and at setting up (Toxic) Spikes.
Been working on a mid-level team myself. Nothing PWC winning for sure, just for fun with the guys. Lucario, Meganium, GS Jirachi, Charzard, Azelf right now, nothing solid in the works. Luc is prob gonna be a Phys attacker with Aura Sphere for surprise, and GS Jirachi will be a (VERY EXPERIEMENTAL) Draco Meteor build.

Lol...looking at this gave me a bit of a chuckle. Ah, '08. Took them a bit to do it though didn't they?
So has anyone got the engima stone wifi event for HG/SS yet?
Friend got a stone but from hacking. If you know someone with AR just ask them to give you one, no harm is done really.
... I know ... I'm not a noob at pokemon. I have a AR (but i don't own HG or SS ). I was just asking for a discussion to see who has got it
Why AR it and get banned from all events, when teh DL is legit and free? WiFi isn't even hard to find these days.
they should make a remake of pokemon emerald but only based in the battle frontier kanto cause it will be annoying to go threw team magma nad aqua but team galactics is in ARE YOU WITH ME OR NOT
(Jul. 29, 2010  4:40 PM)♥ Wrote: Roserade @ Life Orb
~ Leaf Storm
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Hidden Power Fire
~ Toxic Spikes

imo you should replace roserade with celebi. when im playing shoddy i've only seen roserade used as a lead or with a choice scarf and LO is odd because of its low base speed. celebi effectively counters kingdra, has decent base speed and has many different move sets you could try out. unless you are one of those people that don't use legends, which is cool.
(Aug. 28, 2010  3:02 PM)WBO MASTER Wrote: they should make a remake of pokemon emerald but only based in the battle frontier kanto cause it will be annoying to go threw team magma nad aqua but team galactics is in ARE YOU WITH ME OR NOT

Well, they are most likely making a pokemon R/S remake, and seeing that the 3rd games are usually not included, we can bet that Emerald wont have a remake.
Should I use my FEAR rattata or replace it with a heracrosss? I like heracross, but any aerodactyl would decimate it, and flying moves are pretty common. Right now, my physical sweepers are rhyperior, and Slaking for double battles.