[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Whoops!
I thought that.... You know what. Tongue_out
I thought you were saying why did Twin Horn's S-AR not get popular enough. Tongue_out
Ew no that thing is terrible.
(Jan. 07, 2012  7:26 AM)th!nk Wrote: ... It affects spin velocity less than hitting something that is directly connected to the bey.

Please, lrn2science before replying Smile

jan: The thing I posted was Hasbro Twin Horn AR With a Galeon SAR, not the other way round Tongue_out

I was talking about the rare cases...im not against its free spinning...just that i dont like it myself....everyone has their own likes and dislikes...thats it Smile

EDIT-seems like its just in my case....sorry for that Smile
.. Rare cases? Are you kidding? LOL
Don't post about something you don't know well, seriously.
I feel like no one noticed me say this:
Another note: Guardian Odin/Anubis suggested something along the lines of AR: Smash Turtle/WD: 10 Heavy/SG:HMC/BB: (get this) SG Sharp.

I tried it and it is actually hard to KO. It's got a really smooth base (use base clips that match the slope, they were released with some of the SG sharp releases but not others), so it's not easy to make heavy contact with, and Smash Turtle is pretty round (but if you get under it at all, because it's so wide, it's easy to destabilise. That said, the whole combo has some impressive resistance to KO, though, if you're using a decent smash attacker you should be able to smash it about til it scrapes and stops spinning.

Still, impressive.

Wolborg 4's base/eg + Wide Defense and Tiger Defenser is still probably my favourite defender at the moment though. It's a monster.

Oh, apparently defense wasn't a particularly popular choice in plastics, give zombies and compacts were everywhere.

Seaborg 1's base might even make top tier defense for the same reason RS does now, if it is as immovable as I hear (I haven't used mine enough).
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: I feel like no one noticed me say this:
Another note: Guardian Odin/Anubis suggested something along the lines of AR: Smash Turtle/WD: 10 Heavy/SG:HMC/BB: (get this) SG Sharp.

I tried it and it is actually hard to KO. It's got a really smooth base (use base clips that match the slope, they were released with some of the SG sharp releases but not others), so it's not easy to make heavy contact with, and Smash Turtle is pretty round (but if you get under it at all, because it's so wide, it's easy to destabilise. That said, the whole combo has some impressive resistance to KO, though, if you're using a decent smash attacker you should be able to smash it about til it scrapes and stops spinning.
I noticed! Though I don't generally post here, that's why I have no proof of this...
I kinda modified it since I have a limited collection of plastics, so my closest was:
AR: Upper Dragon
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Neo Right (MG Core)
BB: SG Sharp.
It gave my attackers a tough time, but they still managed to win slightly, usually by OS.
Keep in mind I have a limited collection, so my attackers will be more of the decent side Tongue_out
EDIT:
Also, looking at the Wolborg 4 BB/EG+Wide Defense+Tiger Defenser thing.
If it's as much of a monster as you say, I should look into getting a Wolborg 4 LOL
What WD would you recommend with it since I don't have Wide Defense? I have Ten/Eight Wide, Ten/Eight Heavy, and Ten/Eight Balance. I'm sure the best would be one of the 10 series, but which one would perform closer to Wide Defense? Again, limited plastic knowledge/collection Tongue_out
That shouldn't really be that hard to KO, as it lacks the ability to maintain rotation from 10 Heavy and the HMC, but I guess it depends on your attacker.
Seaborg's base really ? Too easy to KO, and nearly everything outspins it if it doesn't (RS anyone Tongue_out) .
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:53 PM)th!nk Wrote: That shouldn't really be that hard to KO, as it lacks the ability to maintain rotation from 10 Heavy and the HMC, but I guess it depends on your attacker.
Well, it's not that great.
AR: Trygle
WD: Ten Wide
SG: Neo Right (MG Core)
BB: Fantom Grip Base
And I kinda struggle using winder-based launchers, so my sliding shoot sucks...
EDIT: And basically what you said with a decent smash attacker, you should be able to smash it until it stops spinning is what was happening most of the time.
(Jan. 08, 2012  7:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: Seaborg 1's base might even make top tier defense for the same reason RS does now, if it is as immovable as I hear (I haven't used mine enough).

Ohh yes it realy has solid grip...War lion/Tiger defencer+wide defence+seaborg1 base will be very hard to KO

@CRUelty: Lose the MG core, replace it with something lighter.

And yeah, you need a really strong, good launch to make Fantom Grip move well.

nik1392: I'd probably end up using 10 Heavy and HMC just to rub it in, but Wide Defense might be a better idea given the lack of stamina.
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: Lose the MG core, replace it with something lighter.

Metal Weight or SG Right?

Ah, I see now. I should work on it, then, haha.
According to what I've read from old forums, it's supposed to be way stronger defensively Uncertain
actualy it has a grip but has less contact surface being sharp...so i cant say anything unless we test it
That's becuase it has softer rubber, it grips the staduim better, like I said iof it doesn't get KOed, it usually gets outspun. What older forums ?
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:01 PM)CRUelty Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2012  8:00 PM)th!nk Wrote: Lose the MG core, replace it with something lighter.

Metal Weight or SG Right?

Ah, I see now. I should work on it, then, haha.

Uhh, not sure. I'd say SG right but Mc Frown might hit me.
But yeah, you don't want to weigh that combo down with MG/HMC.

Poseidon: BTW, BC2 is an HMC part, but yeah, wolborg 2's shaft.

nik: Wolborg 2's shaft has a tendency to go aggressive, and is also quite tall.

i didnt get u...i was talking about seaborg1...and about worlborg 2, i dont know much....so cant comment on anythning
You know what I mean, bearing core version 2. Do you mean BF, I thought that sires down now ?
Nic: It's the other rubber shaft.

Poseidon: SG Bearing Version 2 (no 'core' in it). Yeah, BBF, I was reading through the archived threads Kei posted a zip of over in the tier list discussion.
ohh ya i know that...but i havn't own it or used it....so Lips_sealed
Wich support part is better for zombie combo?
Dzv2 or vortex ape?
Is there anything better than galeon AR for zombies?(excluding bearing gyros series)
Defense Ring (Voltaic Ape) has better life after death. I'm not sure which has better defense against upper attack, but Defense Ring seems to manage fine.

I prefer Tiger Defenser to War Lion, but that's largely a matter of opinion. Twin Horn (takara gabriel) is better, though it has some recoil in right spin. I love the hasbro Twin Horn, with Galeon SAR, in left spin (again, recoil in right spin), I don't have a takara Twin Horn to compare to right now, but it performs noticeably better in terms of stamina than a straight War Lion (Galeon).
Driger v2 base is better than driger S base?
(Jan. 08, 2012  9:28 PM)Gianmarco.93 Wrote: Driger v2 base is better than driger S base?

Ew, no. Driger S's base is shorter and more compact, making it more resistant to upper attack and better for the compact combinations it is used in.

Driger V2's tip is harder to get an aggressive movement out of, too.