[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Could anyone test this combo? I've tried to build a defense combo using only Draciel parts, but I don't have any good attack types to use.
Here's what I've come up with.

AR: Turtle Survivor
WD: Ten Wide(metal side up)
SG: Right SG(SG Grease Ball Ver.)
BB: Fortress Base(2 balls)
(Dec. 29, 2016  9:15 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: Could anyone test this combo?  I've tried to build a defense combo using only Draciel parts, but I don't have any good attack types to use.  
Here's what I've come up with.

AR:  Turtle Survivor
WD:  Ten Wide(metal side up)
SG:  Right SG(SG Grease Ball Ver.)
BB:  Fortress Base(2 balls)

Fortress base is sub par so that's not gonna be a good combo. Why didn't you go with Draciel S' base which used to be considered top tier for defence?
(Dec. 29, 2016  10:32 PM)Ultra Wrote: Fortress base is sub par so that's not gonna be a good combo. Why didn't you go with Draciel S' base which used to be considered top tier for defence?

I don't have S.
where text of this post gone?
Has anyone tested Delta Wave (the Orca Diver AR) in a compact setup yet?
I've found that think tested it for smash attack and didn't get any good results, but I'm curious if it could find use running on Metal Ball Base as I'm really happy with the results for smaller AR paired with this base. Maybe Delta Wave is too recoily, but just asking.
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]I finally found a Solution if you lost your Rock BISON lock.
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:22 PM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:19 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: um my combo was what I would call top tier attack and it got crushed by Driger V2. It was:

AR: Triple wing
WD: Wide defence
SG: MG core
BB: Metal Flat
im suprised that got beaten by driger V2. Personally thats what id use at a tourney. how exactly does driger V2 beat all these combos OS or KO. Bewiki suggests both.

It is beatable and mostly depends upon which driger v2 it was , there are two versions out there one with flat tip and one with semi flat
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:42 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2011  4:22 PM)Poseidon Wrote: im suprised that got beaten by driger V2. Personally thats what id use at a tourney. how exactly does driger V2 beat all these combos OS or KO. Bewiki suggests both.

It is beatable and mostly depends upon which driger v2 it was , there are two versions out there one with flat tip and one with semi flat
true but make sure to see date before quoting post. its from 2011.
(Oct. 29, 2017  5:10 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2017  4:42 AM)EmphaticYogi Wrote: It is beatable and mostly depends upon which driger v2 it was , there are two versions out there one with flat tip and one with semi flat
true but make sure to see date before quoting post. its from 2011.

Indeed, I do slightly cringe at my oversights from so long ago haha.
I understand that Eight Spiker (Dragoon G) is primarily for attack on a left spin beyblade. What would be the ramifications of using it on a right spin beyblade? Would it then be more for defense? Does anyone have stats on that?
Eight Spiker in Right Spin would definitely be defensive. I don't think it is particularly bad by any means, but there are many superior options out there.
You know you're old when you open up a launcher from when you were a kid and there's a LIGHTBULB inside. I was thinking of replacing what I figured would be an LED as I do hobby electronics (guitar effects building). Then I opened it up and just felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

[Image: Vuu6feo.jpg]

[Image: B6WWjD5.jpg]

Also the A-119 Launcher there is incredible when it's not too busy skipping. That gear ratio!
Y'all ever see metal ball base tornado stall?

Admittedly I'm not sure how practical that is for most defensive beys, and my defense grip base tends to self KO in a bb10, but hey.
I was just going through Hasbros instruction database while trying to work out the origin of the hidden spirit ban (I believe it's just a misinterpretation of takaras ban on the BB/weight ring - if even that (it's not mentioned in the rules where bearing gyro stuff is banned (yet also weirdly encouraged)), which was just the same policy as bearing gyros, but I'll have more on that in a proposal later. If not that then it might have been Hasbro having a moment). Anyway, stumbled on the Metal Driger instructions again and was reminded that they even had the heavy metal core in the instructions (at least at some point), did the art for it, and then just didn't go through with it. Wild stuff. Also looks like the dark green version I was hoping they did release it in, is also just a regular semi flat engine gear (unless there was another recolour alongside the blue dragoon g etc that had cews, but I haven't seen any evidence of this.)

Also, found a picture of an NIP spark disk, takaras old website has this way scarier image for the part: https://web.archive.org/web/200501111534...st/12.html
But thankfully it really is just a couple wide survivors in a packet with flint in their side holes and a sheet with some spark tape. Smile
World Spriggan Hasbro theory -

World Spryzen
Vanguard-h
Dagger frame (gold)
Unite
(Apr. 07, 2021  5:24 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: World Spriggan Hasbro theory -

World Spryzen
Vanguard-h
Dagger frame (gold)
Unite

I think you're in the wrong subforum, friend, this is Plastics and HMS. Horrible expenditure awaits all who set foot here.

I should know, I'm starting the last big push to complete the collection...
Spark disks were fun but the sandpaper wears away quickly and you only get a few strips.
(Apr. 08, 2021  12:30 PM)Ultra Wrote: Spark disks were fun but the sandpaper wears away quickly and you only get a few strips.

Welcome back.

Honestly I'm mostly interested in the competitive effect of the sandpaper. Not sure if it would be legal without the flint but there's no ruling so 🤷‍♂️
Also not keen on putting sandpaper near my other beys lol
Jeez. The fact Square Edge can actually demolish things even on Storm Grip is terrifying. I regret that my Manta Diver only arrived after I quit, and then sat unused for years.

In other news, I have almost every part I don't already own on its way to me now, and I've resumed writing my big ol database of plastics part info. I'm very quickly getting through that remaining parts I already own. The articles on different types will be more challenging as I don't have as many notes and my memory is a little foggy, but if I get the parts done first then I'll just hide those until they're done and set the rest public. Smile
could someone test this combo please?
#5: Imperial Achilles 00 Expand Destroy Dash (IA.00E.Ds') How to Build IA.00E.Ds'
#4: Lord Spriggan 0 Cross Xtend Plus (LS.0C.Xt+) How to Build LS.0C.Xt+
#3: Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 00 Cross Xtend Plus (LC pP.00C.Xt+) ...
#2: Judgement Diabolos Blitz Xtreme Dash (JD.Bl.X') ...
#1: Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt Dash (ZD.St.Jl')
(Apr. 15, 2021  3:24 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: could someone test this combo please?
#5: Imperial Achilles 00 Expand Destroy Dash (IA.00E.Ds') How to Build IA.00E.Ds'
#4: Lord Spriggan 0 Cross Xtend Plus (LS.0C.Xt+) How to Build LS.0C.Xt+
#3: Perfect Phoenix (Level Chip) 00 Cross Xtend Plus (LC pP.00C.Xt+) ...
#2: Judgement Diabolos Blitz Xtreme Dash (JD.Bl.X') ...
#1: Zwei Diabolos Sting Jolt Dash (ZD.St.Jl')

wrong thread-
what- oh my
The parts I didn't have are starting to arrive, slowly. Still chasing a Poseidon that isn't going to send me broke.

Anyway, quick notes: Wing Attacker and Wing Defenser ARs are both really bad, unsurprisingly. Wing Attacker is more effective defensively than Wing Defenser, though. Either way, I've not felt so stressed about breaking a part in a long time, they really aren't reassuring.

Also, I didn't realise it but the Bearing Gyros Weight Disk has protrusions to block the insertion of a launcher. Makes me think more and more that even the stupid base and weight ring of Hayate etc might have been intended to be legal. The only thing against them is that they're not standard parts, but then neither is Flame Pegasus' EG/BB thing. 🤷

Oh, by the way, I believe someone else mentioned it while I was gone, but Pumpking's AR is actually not that bad. It's like a very fragile, more recoil prone Triple Tiger, with a little less power. That makes it sound bad but honestly aside from the fragility it's a pretty solid AR, like mid tier 2 or so? Between that and the Semi-Flat Base, we might owe the King of Bumps an apology.
I've been playing around with Customise Metal Sharp Base again, following reading my old notes about high-rpm-defense being the concept SG Sharp Base has any chance of not being truly awful in, or at least being what it was used for in some places earlier in Beyblade history. It's really quite a good base - chucking compact stuff on top of it makes for a very interesting balance combo that can outlast a lot of things. It's also probably the most competitive any MFB-style non-zombie survival really gets in Plastics. It's not quite there but you know, it's got that underdog energy of something that might just catch you off guard at a tournament.

SG Sharp Base on the other hand 🤮

Also I feel like I heard someone else noticed this while I was gone, but Pumpking's AR is actually quite good for attack. Not top tier and quite fragile, but it has good range, just a bit much recoil, it's basically baby Triple Tiger. It would have been one of the better smash ARs around the time of its release however (and a combo using it for this with Wide Survivor is in the first or second spin up guide book).
Just going through old hasbro website stuff and I think we're going to have to remove Heavy Metal Core from all of our combos
https://web.archive.org/web/200610272349...m?page=faq

Hasbro Q&A Page Wrote:Question: Why doesn't the Metal Driger have a Heavy Metal Core?
Answer: We designed our Metal Driger top with an Engine Gear core, giving it superior speed and overall higher performance.

From this point foward, all HMC combinations will be replaced with Right EG (Metal Semi-Flat) - who am I to argue with Hasbro? After all, it has superior speed and overall higher performance!

Also:
Hasbro Q&A Page Wrote:Question: What's the problem with Hasbro's Beystadium? The stadium slopes are incorrect and the pockets really mess up my plan of attack.

Answer: There are no problems with Hasbro's Beystadiums; they are simply built differently than Takara's. The number of square inches of the playing surface of Hasbro's Beystadium is actually the same as Takara's. Our Beystadium penalty pockets are designed to provide an added challenge during BEYBLADE battles. 
To quote Dan:
"OUR STADIUMS ARE BUILT DIFFERENT
😤💯👌"

Hasbro Q&A Page Wrote:Question: Are you planning on introducing popular Japanese BEYBLADE toys like Ariel and Gabriel?

Answer: Yes. You can expect to see both Ariel and Gabriel tops late this year or early in 2005. 
[foreboding music plays]