[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Depends on spin direction: On right spin, Double Attacker and Corona Saber are the best, with Double Attacker (Orthros' AR) being the most explosive right-spin smash attack AR in the game; it hits like a meteor strike.

On left spin, Hayate AR (from Hayate/Zinrai IIRC) is also very good but suffers plenty of recoil- you NEED Ariel 2's tip in Wolborg 2 Casings to use it effectively (even Defense Grip Base in Attack mode won't be handling it effectively) and even then it won't get more than 1-3 hits. However, whatever it hits WILL GET SENT FLYING. It's probably the best in terms of raw power.

Altough Hyper Aggresive smash attack is fun, it needs expensive parts (barring Seaborg's tip inverted) like Ariel 2's tip, Orthros/Apollon ARs and such so yeah, it isn't very economical. Normal Smash Attack is much more economical (Triple Tiger+Ten Wide+Right SG+Defense Grip Base (Attack mode).
(Aug. 11, 2016  7:35 PM)RDF3 Wrote: Depends on spin direction: On right spin, Double Attacker and Corona Saber are the best, with Double Attacker (Orthros' AR) being the most explosive right-spin smash attack AR in the game; it hits like a meteor strike.

On left spin, Hayate AR (from Hayate/Zinrai IIRC) is also very good but suffers plenty of recoil- you NEED Ariel 2's tip in Wolborg 2 Casings to use it effectively (even Defense Grip Base in Attack mode won't be handling it effectively) and even then it won't get more than 1-3 hits. However, whatever it hits WILL GET SENT FLYING. It's probably the best in terms of raw power.

Altough Hyper Aggresive smash attack is fun, it needs expensive parts (barring Seaborg's tip inverted) like Ariel 2's tip, Orthros/Apollon ARs and such so yeah, it isn't very economical. Normal Smash Attack is much more economical (Triple Tiger+Ten Wide+Right SG+Defense Grip Base (Attack mode).

Still confused on why you're giving advice if you don't own any Plastics. How can you confirm any of this if you have none? If you have no experience to back it up, then don't reply. The way you post makes people think that you own these parts, but you're just reading info others have posted. If that's the case, you can start a post with "I read that..." Or "X said in a post...".

Also I think that Hayate's AR is banned. It's nothing good at all. It kills itself, practically. It's one of those parts that I don't understand why it's banned, but it's so bad it's not worth even fighting over.
I bet you can tell what I think the best hyper aggressive AR is....
Hint: Th!nk never owned one, so it's not on his list
I don't have actual tests by now (except for Manta Diver's Square Edge), but I'll do some more as soon as I get a new Defense Grip Base tip.

Quote:I bet you can tell what I think the best hyper aggressive AR is....
^ This.

From what I've seen so far Manta Diver's AR is pretty good. If you're lucky you can get one for a fair price. It is definitely a lot of fun and from my experience the best one I've used so far.
I'm not really sure if I like Dark Wing or not. It is decent and I'm happy to own it, but I wouldn't really use it.
Double Attacker... I'm not happy with this one. It was far too expensive and is basically a light and recoily piece of plastic. I does work, yeah, but imo not as good as the other ARs mentioned and not worth the effort & money.
Dragon Saucer & Screw Zeus is still up for discussion, haha.
(Aug. 11, 2016  10:45 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: I bet you can tell what I think the best hyper aggressive AR is....
bump king?
(Aug. 11, 2016  10:56 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: I don't have actual tests by now (except for Manta Diver's Square Edge), but I'll do some more as soon as I get a new Defense Grip Base tip.

Quote:I bet you can tell what I think the best hyper aggressive AR is....
^ This.

From what I've seen so far Manta Diver's AR is pretty good. If you're lucky you can get one for a fair price. It is definitely a lot of fun and from my experience the best one I've used so far.
I'm not really sure if I like Dark Wing or not. It is decent and I'm happy to own it, but I wouldn't really use it.
Double Attacker... I'm not happy with this one. It was far too expensive and is basically a light and recoily piece of plastic. I does work, yeah, but imo not as good as the other ARs mentioned and not worth the effort & money.
Dragon Saucer & Screw Zeus is still up for discussion, haha.

Have you tried Double Attacker on a set up that controls recoil a lot more than just defense grip base does? Like a Uriel 2 Based combo? I think you might find some success with that.
Quote:Have you tried Double Attacker on a set up that controls recoil a lot more than just defense grip base does? Like a Uriel 2 Based combo? I think you might find some success with that.

I should definitely do so. I've invested a lot of money in Plastics so far, but Uriel is still something I'm not up to buy. $80-90 for a tip that - I assume - wears down damn fast... maybe some day.
But yeah, if I get one, I'll try it, would be a ~$150 combo, haha.

Just thought FIREFIRE wouldn't have Uriel 2 either (?) and I wouldn't suggest Double Attacker for a Seaborg based combo because I haven't had great results with it so far.
what would be the best zombie killer combo, in terms of consistency?
any good tornado staller combos?
for same direction stamina what AR is the best?
(Aug. 12, 2016  1:33 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: what would be the best zombie killer combo, in terms of consistency?
any good tornado staller combos?
for same direction stamina what AR is the best?

The best Zombie killer combo is probably Left Spin Stamina, like
AR: Twin Horn (Takara)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left SG (BK Casings & Shaft)
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customize Bearing Base

If your opponent is using anything worse than Twin Saucer then Circle Survivor gets the job done pretty well too in my experience.

As for Tornado Stallers, there's one I thought up which is

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left SG (Normal Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2.

DrigerGatling tested a Wide Survivor + HMC version here. I think the version I listed here would do significantly better vs Zombies, but when I tried out the matchup myself this happened, so I'm not particularly eager to try it out again with my new War Lion.

I think for Left Spin Stamina Twin Horn is the best, and Right Spin is Wing Cross? I'd use Tiger Defenser over Wing Cross though, since it probably has a lot less recoil without sacrificing a huge amount of Stamina.

EDIT: Side note - would anyone be opposed to "officially" renaming Hasbro Twin Horn to Twin Horn G, to avoid further confusion with the Takara version? I believe it was done long ago with SG Metal Flat "2" to keep it from being confused with some other Driver with the same name (I want to say Driger V's).
Quote:I think the version I listed here would do significantly better vs Zombies, but when I tried out the matchup myself this happened, so I'm not particularly eager to try it out again with my new War Lion.

I can do the test against zombie as well. The only reason my testings stagnated is because of the lack of a Defense Grip Base tip in good condition (finally Zoroaste came to my rescue yesterday, thanks again).

Tested 10 rounds Twin Horn with DGB2 against the Staller with Normal (plastic) Core and Wide Defense:

Tornado Staller vs. Defensive Zombie
Zombie always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Staller: 2 (1 OS, 1 KO)
Zombie: 8 (8 OS, 0 KO)
Staller Win %: 20.0%

It was quite the same for the first eight rounds and I assume this will happen frequently: DGB2 is pretty high on this combo and pushed down the Staller each round. In round 9 the TS was lucky to push it out of the middle and get some hits to win by OS, and in the last round it got a nice clean KO in the tornado rigde.
I guess the problem is this Zombie version. With a lower base like Customize Grip Base and a bit more movement with the more defensive version it could turn out completely different.

Quote:EDIT: Side note - would anyone be opposed to "officially" renaming Hasbro Twin Horn to Twin Horn G, to avoid further confusion with the Takara version?

I would also go for this renaming. It's definitely better than "Takara Twin Horn" and "Hasbro Twin Horn".
(Aug. 12, 2016  5:44 PM)Wombat Wrote: EDIT: Side note - would anyone be opposed to "officially" renaming Hasbro Twin Horn to Twin Horn G, to avoid further confusion with the Takara version? I believe it was done long ago with SG Metal Flat "2" to keep it from being confused with some other Driver with the same name (I want to say Driger V's).

Sounds good to me. As for metal flat 2 the blade base of Driger V is called metal flat because originally it was going to be a metal flat and was then changed at the last minute. I dunno whether if the official takara name of Gaia Dragoon V's base was Metal Flat 2 though or if the community named it that.
I forgot that I was writing the article for Hasbro Twin Horn. I agree, the name makes sense. Rather it be Twin Horn G. THG is a much easier acronym. Wombat hastalked to me about this before, so it's all good on my side.
Do Dragoon F and Metal Dragoon BS worth buying other then collection?
Dragoon F is useless. Bearing Stinger's shaft is good and probably worth having.
Is Dragoon GT ar is really better then Dragoon G's ar for attack? I'm taking about combo that's mentioned Dranzer V's SG section http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...mization_2
It seems like that section makes it clear that G-Upper is uniquely suited to this base in particular, not that's it's stronger overall.
(Aug. 29, 2016  3:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It seems like that section makes it clear that G-Upper is uniquely suited to this base in particular, not that's it's stronger overall.

Oh thanks for telling
G Upper does have more power to it, but Eight Spiker is no slacker.
Which of these Attack Ring is better for Attack [Left]? I want to choose one which is better overall out of them and able handle opponent of different height and type better.

Eight Spiker [Dragoon G]
Panther Head [Flash Leopard 2]
G Upper [Dragoon GT]
Dragoon Saucer + Screw Zeus [Gaia Dragoon G AR and Zeus S-AR
Dragoon Breaker + War Lion [Gaia Dragoon V AR + Galzzy S-AR]

also which is best combo for G upper [Dragoon GT AR]
The last two aren't very good setups for left.
G Upper is really good, Fl2 is mediocre, and Eight Spiker is respectable.
However I think G Upper is probably better at handling zombies. Eight Spiker probably has trouble dealing with Dragon Saucer SAR.
Is Driger F's AR worth having? I heard once that it was one of the better AR's for Attack from the first gen...
Nope it's not good at all.
Pretty sure there are better even within the F series.
I heard that you could hold two or even three sets of metal balls in Draciel F's BB, but I can't. Are there specific combos that I need to use to make this work or is it just a hoax?