[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Thanks Th!nk, I hope it was my last question for plastics :P
May i ask: what is a Circle Survivor Defense combo and why is it so strong in tournaments?
ok thanks for the info on trypio Smile If I get one I'll probally use it as a frizbee lol although you have to admit it looks pretty cool though Cool but on the other hand it's more of a beyblade plastics version of flywheelz Tired
(Sep. 24, 2013  4:14 PM)Lazer Wrote: ok thanks for the info on trypio Smile If I get one I'll probally use it as a frizbee lol although you have to admit it looks pretty cool though Cool but on the other hand it's more of a beyblade plastics version of flywheelz Tired

Make sure that if you do get one, it's the Takara version. The Hasbro version can't fly.
(Sep. 24, 2013  4:14 PM)RDF3 Wrote: May i ask: what is a Circle Survivor Defense combo and why is it so strong in tournaments?

It's a cheap but effective combo that uses Wolborg 4's EG, Base, and CEW (Basically the bottom half, not the AR or WD). The other pieces used are Tiger Defenser (usually the cheap Sonokong ones will fit) and Wide Defense. It works as a zombie counter against Left Spin, and has decent Stamina on its own.

If you want more info you should check out Th!nk's blargh.
(Sep. 15, 2013  6:32 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: Hey guys Smile

What do you think I can get for a Phantom Force Draciel S?
It's near mint/slighty used Wink

And what about the Hasbro Cyber Dragoon? It's mint, never used. About 50$ maybe?

Does anyone has an answer to this? Smile
I finally got some plastics! I'm a newb when it come to them so can you guys help me out with some combos?
Wyborg
Seaborg
Dragoon S
Draciel F
Galman
Driger V
Kid Dragoon
Wing Attacker
6 Wide
Thanks!
(Oct. 02, 2013  1:02 AM)4DFury Wrote: I finally got some plastics! I'm a newb when it come to them so can you guys help me out with some combos?
Wyborg
Seaborg
Dragoon S
Draciel F
Galman
Driger V
Kid Dragoon
Wing Attacker
6 Wide
Thanks!
For Smash Attack

AR: Whale Attacker (Seaborg)
WD: 8 Wide (Dragoon S/Seaborg)
SG: Neo Right SG South Core (Driger V)
BB: Defense Grip Base Attack Mode (Seaborg)

I recommend Driger G for this combo, as it has a common, cheap AR that's also more powerful than Whale Attacker. Also, Wide Defense should be a priority.

For Upper Attack
AR: Upper Dragoon (Kid Dragoon)
WD: 8 Heavy (Galman)
BB: Storm Grip (Dragoon S)

This probably won't work too well due to Storm Grip being largely overrated. If you put a bunch of weight on it, the tip is so small it will be pretty stationary. If you're going for Attack use the Smash Attack combo.

For Defense
AR: War Monkey (Galman)
WD: 8 Heavy/maybe 10 Balance (Galman/Driger V)
SG: Right SG Oil Ball Ver (Draciel F)
BB: Fortress Base (Draciel F)

This really won't work too well, as you need Wolborg 2's rubber bearing for a good Defense custom nowadays, And it definitely won't work if Draciel didn't come with metal balls.

For Stamina

You've got nothing really. Get Wolborg 4 and Wide Defense and you could make a Circle Survivor combo using War Monkey, but Tiger Defenser (Driger S) is better.

You could also try making a Compact with
AR: War Monkey
WD: 8 Heavy
SG: Driger V's/Left SG (Dragoon S)
BB: SG Semi Flat

Overall, what you should get is a Driger G for Triple Tiger, Wolborg 4 for Circle Survivor, Wide Defense, and Driger S (a $20 Sonokong one will probably do if there's no cheaper TT/Hasbro ones).
(Oct. 02, 2013  1:50 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2013  1:02 AM)4DFury Wrote: I finally got some plastics! I'm a newb when it come to them so can you guys help me out with some combos?
Wyborg
Seaborg
Dragoon S
Draciel F
Galman
Driger V
Kid Dragoon
Wing Attacker
6 Wide
Thanks!
For Smash Attack

AR: Whale Attacker (Seaborg)
WD: 8 Wide (Dragoon S/Seaborg)
BB: Defense Grip Base Attack Mode (Seaborg)

I recommend Driger G for this combo, as it has a common, cheap AR that's also more powerful than Whale Attacker. Also, Wide Defense should be a priority.

For Upper Attack
AR: Upper Dragoon (Kid Dragoon)
WD: 8 Heavy (Galman)
BB: Storm Grip (Dragoon S)

This probably won't work too well due to Storm Grip being largely overrated. If you put a bunch of weight on it, the tip is so small it will be pretty stationary. If you're going for Attack use the Smash Attack combo.

For Defense
AR: War Monkey (Galman)
WD: 8 Heavy/maybe 10 Balance (Galman/Driger V)
SG: Right SG Oil Ball Ver (Draciel F)
BB: Fortress Base (Draciel F)

This really won't work too well, as you need Wolborg 2's rubber bearing for a good Defense custom nowadays, And it definitely won't work if Draciel didn't come with metal balls.

For Stamina

You've got nothing really. Get Wolborg 4 and Wide Defense and you could make a Circle Survivor combo using War Monkey, but Tiger Defenser (Driger S) is better.

You could also try making a Compact with
AR: War Monkey
WD: 8 Heavy
SG: Driger V's/Left SG (Dragoon S)
BB: SG Semi Flat

Overall, what you should get is a Driger G for Triple Tiger, Wolborg 4 for Circle Survivor, Wide Defense, and Driger S (a $20 Sonokong one will probably do if there's no cheaper TT/Hasbro ones).

Thanks you really helped a lot. I'll look in to buying what you suggested.
Hey, I´m interested in a Rushing Boar in original color and in good condition for $29. Do you think that price is ok?
No, it'll be way higher. Rushing Boar is rare.
Does Kid Dragoon have any top tier parts?
Yes, it's AR, Upper Dragoon has use in Upper Attack and Spin Stealing Upper Attack.
Just to let everyone know:

Some months ago, I posted a couple of photos of a Wide Survivor in the "mysterious" package that I own.
Kai-V and th!nk (that should remember about this fact) tryied to understand when and where it was released.
Today, while I was searching for some stuff on Google to update my Plastic missing list, I've found this photo:

http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/a/a4c1441ae...00x375.jpg

In the descriptios of the photo there's written: 2002 Event exclusive WD.
The packages are similar to mine. Any chance that mine too has been released in that period during an event? Yes, I suppose.

Any opinions, guys?

Thanks.
I've seen that on Y!JA a few months ago... it probably is from the 2002 era..
Hi guys, I came across a mod similar to the Seaborg Mod. It is the Dragoon V2 Mod. It is sorts unstable, but when I put it up against Weight Based Defense, it knocked it right out. Thoughts? Do you think it should be legal?
Dragoon V2's tip is generally considered a sub-part of the sg (hence the base being able to be used separately from it) - though that rule is a bit touch and go. Given the design I strongly doubt it was intended to be used that way and on trying to set it up it doesn't fit nicely at all (either falls out or sits unevenly due to the design.
Hmm... well, it sure has some good grip and speed to KO Weight Based Defense, which in my case, Seaborg Attack Mode rarely does.
(Oct. 06, 2013  7:35 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Hmm... well, it sure has some good grip and speed to KO Weight Based Defense, which in my case, Seaborg Attack Mode rarely does.
Get a better attack ring. Weight Based Defense is the weakest of the three defense types, really.
I was using Triple Tiger... and I don't know what to use in Grip Based Defense.
Ok, I'm ecstatic right now because I found some of my money from a while ago.
I have $100 to spend on plastics, so here are my questions:
Do I buy lots? I'd get lots of parts I don't need, but any plastic part is a plus, cuz I just love them, haha. Or should I go for mostly single beyblades?
Is there any beyblade that I definitely should get? Nothing over $30 on their own, so $30 each max.
Should I get a grip or two?

As of now my top tier beyblades are Tiger Defenser, Wide Defence, Wolborg 4's BB and Mountain Hammer, 10 Heavy, SG Metal Flat 2.

So I could use left spin and defense.

Thanks in advance!
You'll certainly have competition at the tournament(me lol) but this is what I would get if I were you: Seaborg so you can make the Attack Combo
AR: Mountain Hammer
WD: Wide Defence
SG: anything really but Neo Right/Neo Left SG(Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base(Attack Mode)

Wolborg 2 to make this Zombie Combo

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defence
SG: Right/Left SG(Bearing Ver.)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2

Driger V2 cuz ya know, it's top tier and stuff also has use in Weight Based Defense

2 Draciel S's or MBD's for Weight Based Defense

Master/Kids Dragoon for Upper Attack and Spin Stealing Upper Attack

Galeon for Zombies, Defense and dat's it

HMC: Attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it.
(Oct. 07, 2013  1:03 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Ok, I'm ecstatic right now because I found some of my money from a while ago.
I have $100 to spend on plastics, so here are my questions:
Do I buy lots? I'd get lots of parts I don't need, but any plastic part is a plus, cuz I just love them, haha. Or should I go for mostly single beyblades?
Is there any beyblade that I definitely should get? Nothing over $30 on their own, so $30 each max.
Should I get a grip or two?

As of now my top tier beyblades are Tiger Defenser, Wide Defence, Wolborg 4's BB and Mountain Hammer, 10 Heavy, SG Metal Flat 2.

So I could use left spin and defense.

Thanks in advance!

From the lots I have seen lately, they typically have about 4 or 5 parts worth using and the rest are not for competitive use, plus they are usually pretty pricey. If you are going with a more competitive minded approach, I would hold off on lots unless you come across one with a fair amount of competitive parts.

Singles would definitely be the best bet if your looking to acquire more competitive parts.

If you could, list what all you have, that would help out a lot.

I am guessing you have at least:

Voltaic Ape
Wolborg 4
Driger S
Gaia Dragoon V

Going off of what you listed though, you should get:

Driger V2 (Easily the Best out of the Box)
Dragoon V2 (Great BB that can be used in numerous amounts of customizations)
Driger G (Triple Tiger is in the running for top Smash Attack AR)
Driger S (more than one is always good if you can find them at a reasonable price.)
Metal Driger (HMC)
Seaborg (BB is fantastic for Attack)

Those are just a few, but maybe if you told what types you prefer.

I feel that is a nice list to look into for starters.
Sorry for quoting myself, but I'm trying to get some more informations about my stuff.
Thank you very much to everyone! Smile

(Oct. 04, 2013  11:34 AM)Galaxy Wrote: Just to let everyone know:

Some months ago, I posted a couple of photos of a Wide Survivor in the "mysterious" package that I own.
Kai-V and th!nk (that should remember about this fact) tryied to understand when and where it was released.
Today, while I was searching for some stuff on Google to update my Plastic missing list, I've found this photo:

http://plamoya.com/bmz_cache/a/a4c1441ae...00x375.jpg

In the descriptios of the photo there's written: 2002 Event exclusive WD.
The packages are similar to mine. Any chance that mine too has been released in that period during an event? Yes, I suppose.

Any opinions, guys?

Thanks.
Yeah my assumption about the wide survivor and that is that they were likely sold at tournaments (the Official Tournament Companion (OTC) Accessory Set or whatever it was with the blue wide defense, launcher and ripcord was similar I assume but got a product code (it was only released as an a- or an h- and I forget which). The eight wide you posted does have Event written on it in katakana, not sure if that's standard or if it was on the wide survivor packaging you showed me. If you repost the images I could see if I can spot it or not.

EDIT: Don't worry, found the image, had it saved. I can't see anything on it that says event from a quick glance. The description box (where the name normally goes) says "Beyblade Parts", Tyson says something about a Tune-Up Battle and the rest is mostly the name of the part but it's kinda hard to see and I'm a bit distracted at the moment. Don't think it has much on the origin, aside from clearly being from the G-Rev era, though the kanji in the box where the number normally goes might say something (not sure if those are the same characters common to various exclusives or whatever).
I have these beys. Can anybody think of some combos?

ARs: upper dragoon, whale crusher(seaborg2), war monkey, the one from wolborg,triple tiger
WDs: 1x10 wide, 2x8 heavy, 2x8 balance
SGs: all right spin
BBs: bearing (fom wolborg ,dunno name, hasbro aggro) sharp, metal ball, Flat, metal aharp(from master dranzer)