[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

I believe they are real if they're from Fukabuko 2002.
Does Metal Dranzer have any useful parts?
(Sep. 14, 2013  3:25 AM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: Does Metal Dranzer have any useful parts?

Scissor Attacker is a top tier AR for Left Spin Compacts, Zombies, and Defensive Zombies. It is actually the preferred AR in the previously mentioned Left Spin types of Customs, surpassing the likes of Tiger Defenser and War Lion. Can also have some slight use in Smash Attack if nothing better is available. As for the rest of the parts, 10 Balance and Neo Right South Magnecore are nice pick-ups as well, and SG Flat is outclassed.

I actually just put my finishing touches on my draft for Metal Dranzer for the BeyWiki in The Beywiki Project Forum. If you want to see more in depth information about Metal Dranzer and its parts, go check it out:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Dranzer
(Sep. 08, 2013  5:24 PM)stoney2208 Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2013  4:33 PM)4DFury Wrote: Are the plastics that come with multicolored launchers real or fake?

That´s a really good question, I´d like to know that, tooJoyful_2

@th!nk: Thanks for your reply! Smile I only heard from a few guys here that Hasbro were worth less. Maybe it was just rumor.

As Shining God MS said, White/Green/Yellow launchers, in different orders, came in the earlier fukobako's (I think it came in two but I could be wrong). HOWEVER, they are seen to an extreme extent in fakes, I think TT Hongli predominantly used those color schemes on their launchers but either way they were very common with fakes and until I saw them in the fukobakos I wasn't aware there was any real basis for that. So, be careful.
Hey guys Smile

What do you think I can get for a Phantom Force Draciel S?
It's near mint/slighty used Wink
Ok, so I just picked up some old plastics from a friend of mine. I have a Wolborg 2, presumably Hasbro, but the shaft isn't spinning at all and I can't get the SG out of the BB. Is this normal? (I'm not very knowledgeable about plastics, sorry)
ask him if he glued it, it should be possible to open the part
That's not normal by any means. Probably glued Uncertain
Argh, alright. Thank you for the answers though.
I have two questions:

I'm willing to use Revolver Attack for Turtle Survivor + Neo Right SG (S-MG) + SG Flat Base, in which way would that affect? (my turtle survivor is fake and a childhood memory, and I'm using SG Flat Base because of the same thing, I know it isn't competitive)

Which would be better for Upper Dragoon + Grip Base? 10 Heavy or Wide Defense?

Thanks!
Can anyone identify these two Beys? I'm trying to find their names, model numbers, and parts list for my inventory. One says Griffon, but I can't find anything about it! Thanks!

(Sep. 19, 2013  11:40 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Can anyone identify these two Beys? I'm trying to find their names, model numbers, and parts list for my inventory. One says Griffon, but I can't find anything about it! Thanks!

They are Griffolyon and Wyborg.
(Sep. 19, 2013  11:43 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2013  11:40 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Can anyone identify these two Beys? I'm trying to find their names, model numbers, and parts list for my inventory. One says Griffon, but I can't find anything about it! Thanks!

They are Griffolyon and Wyborg.

Please don't answer questions in this thread if you can't answer things like this properly...

The one on the left is Griffolyon 2, Hasbro's recolor of their version of Griffolyon, from their Hidden Spirits line. It is generally inferior to Takara's Griffolyon as the poles cause recoil issues against taller opponents, and the base is still useless (albeit slightly less so than the Takara version). Beywiki's Griffolyon article should still have relevant information on it, though.

The one on the right is Wyborg, for which you can find more information in the parts and product lists. The spin gear is the only useful part of it, should be able to find info on that by searching if you need (if you are interested and can't find the info by searching, PM me and I'll send you what I've written on it for plasticsdb).
(Sep. 17, 2013  1:27 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: I have two questions:

I'm willing to use Revolver Attack for Turtle Survivor + Neo Right SG (S-MG) + SG Flat Base, in which way would that affect? (my turtle survivor is fake and a childhood memory, and I'm using SG Flat Base because of the same thing, I know it isn't competitive)

Thanks!

Still waiting answer

Thanks again!
Wide Defense would be better, I believe.
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:24 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:

Thanks!

Still waiting answer

Thanks again!

Revolver attack is one of the worst WD's out. I don't remember what you would be changing from and I'm about to go to sleep so I can't check, but it's almost certainly a downgrade, though it's hard to say how WD choice would really affect that setup in general.

Wide Defense. No point focussing on central weight without an HMC (and when you have an HMC then wide defense becomes a must-have for speed). Though, you should really invest in a better AR if you're going to use grip base (i.e "Don't Waste It!!!"). Reminds me, I must remember to try triple tiger/heavy attack/grip base at some point on the off chance synergy makes it magically decent.
(Sep. 23, 2013  2:58 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:24 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:

Thanks!

Still waiting answer

Thanks again!

Revolver attack is one of the worst WD's out. I don't remember what you would be changing from and I'm about to go to sleep so I can't check, but it's almost certainly a downgrade, though it's hard to say how WD choice would really affect that setup in general.

Wide Defense. No point focussing on central weight without an HMC (and when you have an HMC then wide defense becomes a must-have for speed). Though, you should really invest in a better AR if you're going to use grip base (i.e "Don't Waste It!!!"). Reminds me, I must remember to try triple tiger/heavy attack/grip base at some point on the off chance synergy makes it magically decent.

The combo is for Upper Dragoon, that's why I want to use a Grip Base and the other combos I want to make have to be left spin because of the AR (G Upper and Dragon Breaker) so for them Grip Base is useless
(Sep. 23, 2013  3:14 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  2:58 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Sep. 23, 2013  1:24 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Still waiting answer

Thanks again!

The combo is for Upper Dragoon, that's why I want to use a Grip Base and the other combos I want to make have to be left spin because of the AR (G Upper and Dragon Breaker) so for them Grip Base is useless

I believe what th!nk is getting at is that Grip Base is not only a rare part, but is very easily worn down.

Also, Grip Base in Smash Attack > Grip Base in Upper Attack.
An AR such as Triple Wing or Triple Tiger would make for a better custom overall.
Kai Hiwatari, @Th!nk: what would be better for upper dragoon? (for a PURE upper attack combo, not spin stealer)
this may sound like a stupid question but please note I know almost nothing about plastics, is Trypio legal for tournaments? cause I saw it in a pic and it looks like a frizbee...
Yes, Trypio is legal in tournament play.
reall? It's so big bigger then most other plastics... does it have any use competetively?
Not really. It's ok in Hasbro stadiums, but otherwise it's not too great.
I love it anyway XD
Yes, it is legal for tournament play. There is no competitive use for it unless you like playing Frisbee.
(Sep. 24, 2013  3:42 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Kai Hiwatari, @Th!nk: what would be better for upper dragoon? (for a PURE upper attack combo, not spin stealer)

AR: Upper Dragoon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG (HMC)
BB: Storm Grip Base

Could also use SG Metal Flat Base (Gaia Dragoon V Version) if you don't have storm grip base but in that case again Triple Tiger is a better choice and generally replacing the hmc with an mg core and focussing on smash is a better idea anyway.

Trypio Stuff: Of course it's legal... There were size limits but do you really think Takara would release something in their main line (i.e. not as a special side series a-la bearing gyros or the zinrai clones, and even those had legal ARs) that wasn't legal in some way?
And honestly I strongly doubt it's really as good in hasbro stadiums as it is made out to be, nothing it is supposed to do there would really counteract its inherent weaknesses against any decent setup (that is scraping and the leverage it provides to opponents through its width). The closest either version comes to usefulness is still for entertainment purposes (dumb flying things for takara's, gyro gear wackiness for hasbro's (though this is for whatever reason illegal under WBO rules where gyro gear must be used in dumb boring normal mode - if gyro mode were legal then using that with trypio's AR would at least be not completely horrible)) - I honestly think I've tried everything to find a worthwhile use for either of them at this point.