[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Aug. 30, 2013  10:10 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If I were to get two Beys what would the best be out of:

Megaro Arm
Driger F
Trypio

Megaro Arm and Driger F would be the best two of the beys.
Driger F and Megaro Arm(?). Driger Fs SG is good,(I believe) and Megaro Arms AR is good for Weight Disk Attack(not top tier) although, th!nk should answer this.
@Th!nk OK, it was in pretty tight so I was nervous it might break if I forced it out but it worked with some force.
Driger F's base is great for zombies, too.
How much would the following be worth used (individually) :

AR: Upper Dragon
SG: Left SG (Free Shaft Version)
SG Shaft: SG (Full Auto Clutch Version) Shaft
BB: Customize Bearing Base
SP: Defense Ring
Is Gryffolyon (Hidden Spirit version, although I've lost everything apart from the AR, the Weight ring, and the base) supposed to be so wobbly when you put it together? Mine is quite old by now (probably at least five years or so), but I don't remember a time when it wasn't loose. Is this just an age thing? Or is it just the way the thing is composed?
(Aug. 31, 2013  5:41 PM)Cheshire Wrote: Is Gryffolyon (Hidden Spirit version, although I've lost everything apart from the AR, the Weight ring, and the base) supposed to be so wobbly when you put it together? Mine is quite old by now (probably at least five years or so), but I don't remember a time when it wasn't loose. Is this just an age thing? Or is it just the way the thing is composed?

From what I recall about the Gryffolyon (Hasbro), aside from the parts for the figure, Gryffolyon, only has the AR, WD, BB, and of course the bit chip. The BB however, did require a screw as some of the old 4 layer Blade Bases required.

Your problem could be caused by the screw not being tight enough, causing the entire Beyblade to be loose when assembled.
Ah, that could explain it - It's probably loosened from all the being smashed apart the poor thing had to endure. Time to bust out the screwdrivers, methinks!
someone is selling over 100 plastic beyblades on ebay for about $1200.00 www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Beyblade-Collection-Lot-over-100-beys-/121092677964?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item1c31afa14c do you think they're fake or real and is this a trust worthy seller? and is that a good price
That's our user OkinawamTS XD, but he's trustworthy, and none of those are fake.
(Sep. 01, 2013  1:06 AM)Lazer Wrote: someone is selling over 100 plastic beyblades on ebay for about $1200.00 www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Beyblade-Collection-Lot-over-100-beys-/121092677964?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item1c31afa14c do you think they're fake or real and is this a trust worthy seller? and is that a good price
Looks like a great deal if you can cough up $1200 to spend on beys all at once.
Guys, seriously leave question answering to those of us who know what we're doing please, we have it covered - even when I sleep for like 19 hours.

(Aug. 30, 2013  10:10 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If I were to get two Beys what would the best be out of:

Megaro Arm
Driger F
Trypio

Driger F is the only thing there worth buying. As for the other two, you should save your money for something else, preferably something that actually has any useful parts.
(also, @ the mention of WD Attack - it's a dumb tactic and not worth bothering with and probably not even worth mentioning - it's nothing but a "curiosity", and cross dragon isn't even that good at it because recoil.)

(Aug. 30, 2013  11:27 PM)nupmuk Wrote: @Th!nk OK, it was in pretty tight so I was nervous it might break if I forced it out but it worked with some force.
Try to keep it stable using one finger on top and one below to prevent excessive bending, in cases like that. They generally should be quite tight and but chip breakage is pretty uncommon in legitimate beys, though I've noticed it a lot more with transparent ones.

(Aug. 31, 2013  5:41 PM)Cheshire Wrote: Is Gryffolyon (Hidden Spirit version, although I've lost everything apart from the AR, the Weight ring, and the base) supposed to be so wobbly when you put it together? Mine is quite old by now (probably at least five years or so), but I don't remember a time when it wasn't loose. Is this just an age thing? Or is it just the way the thing is composed?
As Kai Hiwatari said, tighten the screws. Thankfully the two screw design means it isn't prone to the same breakage as other integrated SG designs where the top part is only held in place rotationally by two plastic 'rods', so short of the cylinders the screws go into being damaged/stripped it's pretty hard to have it come loose permanently.

(Sep. 01, 2013  1:06 AM)Lazer Wrote: someone is selling over 100 plastic beyblades on ebay for about $1200.00 www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Beyblade-Collection-Lot-over-100-beys-/121092677964?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item1c31afa14c do you think they're fake or real and is this a trust worthy seller? and is that a good price

Oki is pretty good about screening for fakes, aside from weight disks (which in all fairness can be difficult, requiring knowledge of normal molding marks, comparisons with known-legitimate ones and sometimes also a good set of scales).
There are a number of good beys in there but I would not pay $1200 for that (though I wouldn't pay $1200 for any lot tbh). Better to buy smaller lots and go after specific parts than blow all your money on one huge one. Otherwise you'll end up with a tonne of excess parts - which is exactly what would happen with that lot.
The lot costs over $1,300.00, which is what it comes out to after shipping.

Highly doubt it is truly worth that much.
It does have a good amount of nice parts in it though, as well as some nice recolors.
Trying to calculate what it would cost for every one separately would be really hard but here is a rough guess
The prices were approximate and I took the cheapest listings and they are all buy it now
Metal Dragoon Bearing Stinger = $20
Flame Pegasus = $60
Driger V2 = $60?
Wolborg 3/Uriel = $30
Kids Draciel = $30
Zeus = $60
Metal Driger = $10
Dranzer V = $10
Dranzer V2 = $20-30
Dragoon G = $20
Strata dragoon = $10
Gaia dragoon G = $ 20-30
Draciel V2 = $20-30
100 of those would add up.
Your prices are too high for a lot of them - plastics is about being patient and waiting for deals, not paying the exorbitant prices eBay etc commonly has listed for anything other than the most common beyblades (and even some of them) - and you're not accounting for the fact it is a lot rather than individual beyblades - lots are generally significantly cheaper than their component parts due to the whole 'bulk' factor.

That lot isn't worth the money, and I'm darn sure Oki would be making a huge profit off it at that price vs what he would have paid for it.

nupmuk Wrote:Dragoon G = $20
Case in point, seriously please don't answer stuff in this thread, you really do not have the awareness or knowledge required.
th!nk pretty much nailed it.

The prices you gave are pretty inaccurate.
Even if each Beyblade in the lot is worth $10.00 individually, that would still come to around $1,000.00 not including shipping.

Buying a lot like this for that kind of money is pretty useless as it is possible to find all of those Beyblades for sale individually and you would save money even if you bought the less useful Beyblades in the lot as well.

Two things that should be looked at when considering purchasing a lot full of Plastics is:

1 - Are there enough useful/competitive parts in the lot.

and

2 - Am I able to find these Beyblades for cheaper individually.

A lot of anything really is supposed to be discounted somewhat to make buyers feel they are getting a deal on whatever it is they are planning to purchase.
Hey guys... Ive been wondering. There was a picture back in 2007 on the WBO showing a Silver Dark Driger(or any other Dark Series Beyblade) would any one know if it is fake or not? Also, a guy on Youtube(I believe it was G on the WBO) had a Black/Gold Bakushin-Oh and Black Dranzer GT can anyone give me information on this(man I wish Ultra was back now D: )
The black Dranzer GT was definitely proven to be fake or custom-made, as far as I can remember. For the rest, you would have to show us the actual pictures you saw.
(Sep. 01, 2013  7:04 PM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: th!nk pretty much nailed it.

The prices you gave are pretty inaccurate.
Even if each Beyblade in the lot is worth $10.00 individually, that would still come to around $1,000.00 not including shipping.

Buying a lot like this for that kind of money is pretty useless as it is possible to find all of those Beyblades for sale individually and you would save money even if you bought the less useful Beyblades in the lot as well.

Two things that should be looked at when considering purchasing a lot full of Plastics is:

1 - Are there enough useful/competitive parts in the lot.

and

2 - Am I able to find these Beyblades for cheaper individually.

A lot of anything really is supposed to be discounted somewhat to make buyers feel they are getting a deal on whatever it is they are planning to purchase.

Most of the time, just for future reference you are going to want to avoid any of OKi's lots, he has a bunch of rare stuff, but the lots are in no way worth it, and unless he is the only one with something I would try to find it somewhere else because his shipping is killer.

edit: I hadn't seen a gold driger g before, it is one nice looking bey
There are pictures of a Black Dranzer GT, and every plastics dranzer in black for that matter, from a single deviantart user who photoshopped them. I wouldn't be surprised if some people had recolored them themselves though, dyeing plastics shouldn't be much different from the common practice of dyeing lego, seeing as they are both ABS (and the same process has been used to dye MFB parts but Ingulit tried it recently and the parts became extremely brittle, soooooooo...)
There are no known recolors of the Dark Series beys, none of which come in silver, and I would be *very* surprised to find out there was a recolor of them at all, so you can safely assume that the bey you saw was painted.

The Black/Gold Bakushin-Oh is the only one of the things you listed that was an actual release, being released by hasbro in two parts with DVD Sets as I recall it (or at least one part came with the DVD set, the other with something else similar).

By the way, most recolor information comes from a small pool of sites, in fact http://www.kcn.ne.jp/~kids/bb/bey/special-syoki.htm is by far the biggest one, at least for Takara recolors. It isn't complete (though it's pretty close), but most of the rest is known/written down in various places. Other than that occasionally something new pops up on Y!JA, but that's a pretty rare occurrence (though I must get back to sifting through the auctions on a regular basis once I have time again, just in case).
There are still a few questions about whether certain things are real or recolors etc, of course, http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-1.htm has black recolors of some random booster prizes that haven't been seen anywhere else, but based on that we assume, at least without further information, that they were custom repaints/dyed parts. There are also obscure things like Olencia's light blue hasbro Driger S, which we settled on likely coming from a limited edition hasbro set, as I recall it. I don't think we ever got to the bottom of the blue Dragoon V2 either, but that is just off the top of my head so I could be wrong.
For some reason, I couldnt find the picture Confused, but it looked like the silver of Dragoon GTs color tournament limited... also the picture was by G in recent beybladepurchases/beyblade collection.
Can anybody tell me, why Hasbro beyblades are worth less than Takara ones?
For plastics the opposite is often true, as people believed (erroneously) that Hasbro beys were made with stronger materials and sticker adhesive (they did use reinforced molds, but the plastic is the same, and as for adhesive IMO that's just a matter of where they were each stored and the fact Hasbro's were produced later, thus the adhesive was less broken down). On ebay at least, NIB Hasbro beys tend to fetch rather high prices, and for opened beys there's pretty much no difference in terms of prices - even for things like Wolborg where there are apparently sizeable differences that make Takara's a better choice.

So I don't know what you've seen but odds are it's either random chance or someone trying to make Takara stuff sound more valuable for their own purposes.
Are the plastics that come with multicolored launchers real or fake?
(Sep. 08, 2013  4:33 PM)4DFury Wrote: Are the plastics that come with multicolored launchers real or fake?

That´s a really good question, I´d like to know that, tooJoyful_2

@th!nk: Thanks for your reply! Smile I only heard from a few guys here that Hasbro were worth less. Maybe it was just rumor.