Plastics General Discussion

Apparently attack wasn't too unpopular before, but more moderate bases were often used, Gaia Dragoon's was prized when it was released, for example.

Attack really took off once tornado ridges were introduced, though, yeah.

This is just going by what I've heard and read, of course, I don't really know what it was like, so my information could be completely wrong.
I think so, unless one of the special stadiums that we know little about had one.
Bearing stinger must've dominated throughout the game lol. Still need to get one, not to fond of bearing core.
No tornado ridge would make it *incredibly* easy to KO.

Double Bearing Core steals spin better and is basically better at everything but solo spin.
As I said, you just use more moderate attack types. It doesn't take much to knock out a bearing stinger-tipped combination, especially with no tornado ridge to save it. A light breeze could do it.

Heck, I could probably use plenty of attack bottoms without a tornado ridge, it just means I'd have to practice in such a stadium to get used to it, and probably use slightly less aggressive combinations.
(Feb. 16, 2012  2:20 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Bearing stinger must've dominated throughout the game lol. Still need to get one, not to fond of bearing core.

tbh Wolborg's shaft (TT) is better than Hasbro Bearing Stinger's shaft for survival.

Wing Cross/Wide Survivor/Double Bearing Base vs. another of the same combo except with Wolborg 1's shaft
Wolborg 1 shaft wins (tested with another person).

And iirc the plastic bearing on top is better than a second NSK or whatever.
Hello guys!
I think my curiosity did not allow me to wait until tomorrow! I had a few test launches with the weird launcher I own.
Well, I tried out about 10-15 launches, and here's how it was-
The method if using it is, one has to insert a Right-Spin bey, and wind the prongs.
Note- Inserting the bey, and then winding makes it simpler to wind.

Now, I am sure this launcher would have seen very few releases.
Reasons-
1. Tremendous recoil, that one's fingers hurt after launching.
2. Difficult to hold.
3. Using this launcher is no child's play, and considering Beyblades are used by children....

Now to elaborate on the third point. This launcher was tough to use. I discovered the secret of using it only after the first couple of launches.
The hit (push) and release, both have to be perfect.
After winding, you have to push a button to launch. After I pushed the button, I saw that my Driger V spun too slow. At times, it simply overturned!
But thanks to my friend who threw a ball at me when I was launching, I discovered the secret! Tongue_out
In attempt of saving myself from the ball, I pushed the button, and left it suddenly! Driger V spun very well this time. I thought it might have been luck, but after further testing, I realized that it wasn't luck, but the technique of using the launcher. The launch power is superb, though not amazing; I'll call it a Light Launcher 2 launch. More powerful than the Light Launcher, but weaker than the BeyLauncher.
So now comparing it to other plastic bey launchers, where no BeyLaunchers exist, I'll say that its on par with other launchers. But I'll certainly not recommend using it, looking at how tough it is to use, and how hard it is on one's fingers... Unhappy
But seemingly, it looks PERFECT for Gattyakis, because how easily one can place it over a certain area of the stadium, and get it onto the other bey. Grin

Then again, I just hope I didn't get a launcher that had a manufacturing defect. :\
Honestly, Double Bearing Core (Burning Kerberous) outspins PF MDBS's Base and Tip, and does better against Wolborg 4 combos. Less solo spin, but it's more stable, which means it steals spin at full efficiency for much longer.

I must try my Takara Wolborg shaft in that base against BK, but BK also outspins both tips in Customize Grip base, though I will also attest that wolborg does better than MDBS there, too.

In terms of stability, MDBS<Wolborg<BK, in terms of solo spin, it's the other way around, but in battle, the stability becomes much more important, allowing a zombie to steal spin at much higher efficiency for much longer, which helps against things like wolborg 4-based combos.

I will give takara's wolborg 1's tip in MDBS's base with both bearing setups a go against BK, but yeah, only two shafts spin freely/fit in BK's casings, BK's and Wolborg 2's, so the only way to get two bearings in left sin is BK's shaft (not counting that ridiculous roller defense mod).

The Plastic bearing may do better simply because it keeps the shaft more stable, because that space is quite large. I will give that a shot too. That said, I have a music seminar during the day for the next three days, so I probably won't have the energy to test until next week.

That said, I'm pretty much certain that Burning Kerberous's Base, SG and Tip is the best zombie setup, as it isn't spin-limited, the design keeps it significantly more stable, allowing for better efficiency, and it's somewhat harder to KO than the other two main stamina tips.

That said, Spiral Change Base still outspins it, along with everything else that can't KO it, in opposite spin, so if you count that, that's easily the best zombie base in terms of survival.

(Feb. 16, 2012  4:52 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Hello guys!
I think my curiosity did not allow me to wait until tomorrow! I had a few test launches with the weird launcher I own.
Well, I tried out about 10-15 launches, and here's how it was-
The method if using it is, one has to insert a Right-Spin bey, and wind the prongs.
Note- Inserting the bey, and then winding makes it simpler to wind.

Now, I am sure this launcher would have seen very few releases.
Reasons-
1. Tremendous recoil, that one's fingers hurt after launching.
2. Difficult to hold.
3. Using this launcher is no child's play, and considering Beyblades are used by children....

Now to elaborate on the third point. This launcher was tough to use. I discovered the secret of using it only after the first couple of launches.
The hit (push) and release, both have to be perfect.
After winding, you have to push a button to launch. After I pushed the button, I saw that my Driger V spun too slow. At times, it simply overturned!
But thanks to my friend who threw a ball at me when I was launching, I discovered the secret! Tongue_out
In attempt of saving myself from the ball, I pushed the button, and left it suddenly! Driger V spun very well this time. I thought it might have been luck, but after further testing, I realized that it wasn't luck, but the technique of using the launcher. The launch power is superb, though not amazing; I'll call it a Light Launcher 2 launch. More powerful than the Light Launcher, but weaker than the BeyLauncher.
So now comparing it to other plastic bey launchers, where no BeyLaunchers exist, I'll say that its on par with other launchers. But I'll certainly not recommend using it, looking at how tough it is to use, and how hard it is on one's fingers... Unhappy
But seemingly, it looks PERFECT for Gattyakis, because how easily one can place it over a certain area of the stadium, and get it onto the other bey. Grin

Then again, I just hope I didn't get a launcher that had a manufacturing defect. :\

Thankyou, that's very helpful. Just to be clear, how powerful is it compared to an EZ Shooter with a dragon winder?
If I were to rate the power of both the launchers on a scale of 10, then-
Considering EZ Shooter with Dragon Winder as 10/10;
then this launcher would fetch like 6-8/10 if used correctly.
I don't know why, but seems like I am not getting good launches now...
Looking at the current power of launches, I'd say 2-3.

Man! Its too rough now!
I wonder if it's rusted over time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were just poor design, honestly. If it's a pretty early accessory like I think it is, stuff was pretty rough back then.

That said, thanks very much for the information. This is exactly why I wanted these threads created, haha Smile
Maybe a mechanism in your launcher has broke, like the wind and shoot launcher.
(Feb. 16, 2012  5:09 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Maybe a mechanism in your launcher has broke, like the wind and shoot launcher.

Hah, get your minds off breaks.

It's probably just poor design, resulting in inconsistent performance.
I nearly broke my Poseidon ar testing it lol Tongue_out. Kinda hard when something like that happens XD.
My favorite thing about the BK shaft is that the tip is free spinning on it.
The worst thing is that it can come apart on impact.

Anyways yeah for Zombies I pretty much always use DBC with BK or Wolborg 2's shaft to taste.
Speaking of if you want a defensive zombie Upper Dragoon + Wide Defense is better than War Lion + Wide Defense.
Glad to see we're agreed. I've never had a tip fully come apart in battle, at least, not that I notice, as customize bearing base keeps it together.

I use Hasbro twin horn, war lion SAR and wide defense. Works darned well (as long as you use left spin, as always with both twin horns), though it's a small stamina tradeoff. Will try upper dragoon when I get a chance.
Wide Defense just has so much recoil when it's exposed.

Also a fun combo to try is
Strike/Smash Turtle (whichever is Kid/Master Draciel's)
Wide Survivor
Sharp
IIRC it was Smash Turtle.

I remember that being mentioned in the Plastics Parts Discussion...
It's not really good but it fares pretty well against certain types of combos.
Yeah, it's on the wiki as a balance killer, sharp tips are significantly better in plastics than mfb. I finally like smash turtle now I understand how it works, it's very much designed to grind opponents stamina down.
How did it get there did I put it there I have forgotten.
Anyways it's an lol combo. I wish I had a fresher Sharp BB. Too bad 3 layer plastics are all used to hell.
I don't even have a sharp base. Trying to find a decent condition spark knight.
I gave away one of my polta's lol, i've still got spark knight and sazio though Tongue_out