Plastics General Discussion

A thread for general discussion of ye olde Plastic Beyblades. (An HMS counterpart will be along shortly).

The Parts Discussion thread gets kinda cluttered with stuff that would be better in a "general discussion" thread. This is that thread, A "plastics in general" or "plastics random thoughts" sort of thread, for non-customization stuff, random Y!JA finds, releases, non-competitive stuff, finding old beyblades lying around, memories, and other general chatter. Think "Beyblade Random Thoughts" for plastics.

Obviously, rules much like Beyblade Random Thoughts apply here, don't make irrelevant posts, make sure your posts are meaningful and sensible, don't spam, you know.

And remember: Anime/Manga thoughts belong in the Anime/Manga forum, not here.

For any Plastics Questions, post in the Plastics Questions and Answers Thread (Be sure to read the first post of that thread, though).

For Customization and Parts Discussion, post in Plastic Parts Discussion.

Does My Post Belong Here or in Plastics Parts Discussion?
I made a post here to kinda explain this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...pid1029195
Just focus on the forums each is in and the general theme of each forum, and you should be able to figure it out.

So yeah, I hope this helps connect the global "plastics community" more. Smile
Thank you for making this Th!nk. Grin

I recall my kid Draciel being much softer and more fragile feeling than my regular master Draciel. In fact it was so pliable that I contacted Hasbro via email about a possible use of alternate materials or just a lower grade plastic. To this day I had not figured out what the heck had been going on.

I hate the way that the rarest bey's are so hard to find, I mean Phantom Focre bearing Stinger looks wicked, but I've only seen Kaizer have one .
(Feb. 14, 2012  12:10 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: Thank you for making this Th!nk. Grin

I recall my kid Draciel being much softer and more fragile feeling than my regular master Draciel.

Really? Maybe they reinforced master draciel when they released it. I haven't noticed anything though.
I've got a PF MDBS, but it isn't for sale as it's also one of my favourite beyblades in terms of looks. Also, two of the base stickers came off (early hasbro adhesive is no better than Takara's adhesive.)

The Kid Draciel thing is interesting, I've never actually seen a Kid Draciel, but unless you had a Takara one (which was a Number-Code release (early stuff like the four layer tops and so on) instead of an A-Code), I don't know why, Hasbro were quite consistent.

I've actually heard of 4-Layer Bases, generally early ones, having different angles and tip shapes, like, they were less strictly controlled shape wise. Always makes me wonder, as I have relatively few 4 Layer Beys and almost all are hasbro.

Other things I wonder about, everyone always said that Hasbro used better plastics and adhesives, but, honestly, the sticker peeling seems random and I don't note any real quality difference in the materials. I mean, they were made in the same factory, after all.

Also, man, I'm so glad people replied, I mean, I was terrified no one would post and it would disappear and then people would jeer at me for suggesting the idea and stuff.
Like stuff like galeon 2 aswell, being on of my favorite beyblade, is really hard to get. I got mine for $50 which is pretty lucky but...
There were several instances from what I remember, that some attack rings could become ridiculously loose with very punitive heat expansion. One time at elementary school I carried my Dragoon V2 in my pocket and it was about 80 degrees outside. The AR became looser with no visible damage. Very strange indeed.
(Feb. 14, 2012  12:25 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Like stuff like galeon 2 aswell, being on of my favorite beyblade, is really hard to get. I got mine for $50 which is pretty lucky but...

Yeah. Doesn't help that Hasbro almost certainly didn't release it, either :c I really, really want an Appolon (okay, that's the hasbro spelling, no idea how the Takara ver is spelt), and I'd love to see how Poseidon's AR works (hopefully Zain will find out, haha).

(Feb. 14, 2012  12:26 PM)Codeine Extorts Wrote: There were several instances from what I remember, that some attack rings could become ridiculously loose with very punitive heat expansion. One time at elementary school I carried my Dragoon V2 in my pocket and it was about 80 degrees outside. The AR became looser with no visible damage. Very strange indeed.

Honestly, AR's just seem to become loose with age and wear. I swear one day we're going to have to make blu tac at the end of the SG's threading legal, haha. That said, I live in Australia, so it could all be heat-related, though I don't know, one thing I learnt about AR's is that they don't melt particularly easily, even in an oven (don't worry, they were broken/fake/etc anyway).

My Cyber Dragoon AR, which I again stupidly used yesterday despite knowing that it isn't powerful enough to be worth using (it really isn't, but this isn't parts discussion), pushed itself back over the SG, and bent slightly out of shape... Pretty sad, to be honest.

Also, I need to buy more dragon winders, haha, I've broken three in the last 3 days somehow.
If you can tell me what you want it tested with, I can do it, but I'm not willing to do 20 rounds of testing since I dont want to break it :c
They released trygle 2, which is wierd because is weird because it was in one episode, and was onkly one for like 2 minutes anyway Tongue_out. The driver's are weirder though, I had to think a while about where I saw them.
Heh, I'll shoot you a PM about that, then. It isn't a really fragile AR, though, is it?

Yeah, it's quite odd that they released it despite not releasing Galeon 2, which had a fair bit of screen time, and I guess Trygator, which appeared a couple of times in V-Force and I don't know about G-Rev.

I have a picture of one of the Waves of hasbro releases, it has both other divers but no Crab diver, and I can't find any references to a hasbro crab diver. Quite odd.
Yeah, people like Brad would know, save us quite abit of trouble. There's no such recources on teh previous threads, was there?
I've searched high and low, far and wide, and found nothing of any of them.

He might know, but whether he remembers clearly or cares enough is the thing. If it weren't for his sig, I'd have maxed out his inbox with similar queries long ago.
(Feb. 14, 2012  12:47 PM)th!nk Wrote: He might now, but whether he remembers clearly or cares enough is the thing. If it weren't for his sig, I'd have maxed out his inbox with similar queries long ago.

His private messaging system is completely disabled anyway. Even if you wanted to, your messages could not reach him, hah.
(Feb. 14, 2012  1:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2012  12:47 PM)th!nk Wrote: He might now, but whether he remembers clearly or cares enough is the thing. If it weren't for his sig, I'd have maxed out his inbox with similar queries long ago.

His private messaging system is completely disabled anyway. Even if you wanted to, your messages could not reach him, hah.

I had not noticed, ahah. I would have found some way around it, if I didn't think my constant inquisition would do anything but irritate him.

I did another search for a hasbro release of trygator, and still found nothing. I wonder if they ever had a full release list anywhere...
This is kinda interesting but also very confusing. Here's a hasbro Metal Driger manual. All hasbro Metal Driger have "VForce" on them, even the ones that aren't weird like this: http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Be..._82656.pdf

"Solid Metal Core" even. No related results for googling Hasbro "Solid Metal Core" though... That said, they did release a black metal driger (not to be confused with the Takara Coro Coro Knight Driger, the hasbro one is actually called "Metal Driger"), one would think that, like the recoloured Dragoon, Dranzer, Draciel and Driger G beys, it might just be the same thing with a Customize EG instead of a normal one, but yeah, I can't find much information and these instructions certainly raise some questions.

I can't find anything on the black metal driger (again, not knight driger), either. The one small image I've found (http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21...AA300_.jpg) is too small to even really determine the colour of the SG, which might help us tell (if it's blue, it's an engine gear. If it's black, then it might well be a "solid metal core").

The listing on amazon is very sketchy, and looks to be a generic engine gear top listing, so it doesn't help much: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NPJAOO/ref=...onicssh-20

I've tried everything I can think of to dig up info, but it looks like we're going to have to wait til someone who has one sees the question in the Plastics Q&A thread, or here...
I doubt it, honestly. There's literally no information on them releasing it, just loads of complaints about it not being released.

This metal driger thing is really annoying though.
Isn't the metal driger the dark green one, not black? I have no idea about as black hasbro release. I think takara did though. Not sure about this though
On another note, my dranzer V is going for £10.50, and threre's 5 days left on it Tongue_out.
It definitely looks black, not dark green. Hasbro definitely released a non-bright-green metal driger, and called it "metal driger". There was a coro-coro black metal driger called "Knight Driger", from takara.
This has been bothering me ever since I sold it. My old Dragoon V2 was supposed to be an attack type, but it worked more like a MFB FS tip. I had used one of my friend's Dragoon V2's, and it worked like it was supposed to. As a matter of fact, the entire top worked like a balance type. Could it have possibly been a default in the engine gear, or could it have been a different part...?
Dragoon V2 doesn't have an engine gear, but no, Dragoon V2's tip should be aggressive, it's one of the faster tips out there. If it were a different part though, you'd have been able to see it.
Well , whatever the bottom was, It certainly didn't work like it should. Maybe enough wear caused it. it was the first plastic I earned.
(Feb. 14, 2012  12:11 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I hate the way that the rarest bey's are so hard to find, I mean Phantom Focre bearing Stinger looks wicked, but I've only seen Kaizer have one .
my cousin got one NIB
What's hard to find are BBA Championship and Hyperblades Beys NIB.
Most of the BBA Championship beys were copies of takara recolours though, IIRC.

Still can't get over hasbro releasing Black Dranzer without a black dranzer bitchip though...
Hyperblade Galzzly is nice. I'm annoyed I used my SAR for that attack combo though, seeing as the underside is different and doesn't stay in place as well/as long as the normal one, and it looks horrible when damaged.