[Perth, Australia] Put Perth on the Map!

on
Hosted by
  S.D.C
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Lets put Perth on the map! This is the second tourney in Perth, Australia. This tourney is official, it has been approved by the WBO comity. This tournement is open to all bladers in Perth, send me a PM if you want to join. The details are as below:

Date: Sunday 25th September
Time: 1:30-3:30pm
Venue: Variety Pavilion, Kings Park
Format: Round Robin Block Tourney
Fee: There is a $5 entry fee for the tournament to cover the use of the points system and such. You can purchase a Blader Passport for $10, that lets you get into all future tournaments for a year free.
Prizes:
  • 1st Place: $20 worth of Beyblade stuff and a WBO Gold Face
  • 2nd Place: $10 worth of beyblade stuff and a WBO Silver Face
  • 3rd Place: A WBO Bronze Face
All prizes will be paid for by myself, no extra cost.

Attendee's:
  • SDamonCronous
  • Caz
  • R0ckBULL
  • pheonixboii
  • Melvyn900
  • legendunicorn
  • TokyoBoyy
  • darkpheonix111
  • BigBangBladerX1
  • RowDog
  • Fatbob
  • Rookie259
  • Tiger Fury
  • Shwamoffy
  • Waldobaldo
  • Dorian
  • RaiKou
  • Sparkie
  • Dranzer911

If you plan on coming reply to this thread or send me a PM prior to the 23rd of September, any entries after that risk being ignored. Please make sure you can actually come to the tournament before you say you can, I do not want any last minute cancellations. If you do cancel late without a valid reason then there will be consequences (such as being banned from future tournaments).
If you have any questions and queries, please send me a PM or reply to this thread and I will get back to you ASAP
If you have any questions or want to know more then send me a PM or reply to this thread. You can also contact me on 0434 440 296

Hope to see you all there!

-SDamonCronous
1st General of Team Omega Nova

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

It would be good, easier on me. If anyone else wants to come then they can. Oh, and I have updated the list of attendee's in the OP so if anyone who said they could come is not on the list in the OP then please PM me or else you will not be recorded
What do you mean, "you will not be recorded" ? Do you expect only the confirmed people to show up and you will be totally destabilised if anyone else shows up ? You cannot make plans ahead of time. To be a good host, you need to be able to adapt 'live', once you see exactly how many people are there. You then choose the correct tournament format and you do the battles.
(Sep. 18, 2011  4:11 PM)Kai-V Wrote: What do you mean, "you will not be recorded" ? Do you expect only the confirmed people to show up and you will be totally destabilised if anyone else shows up ? You cannot make plans ahead of time. To be a good host, you need to be able to adapt 'live', once you see exactly how many people are there. You then choose the correct tournament format and you do the battles.
By 'not being recorded' I mean you won't be on the list of people who are attending. I can still add people onto the list, it will just be annoying for me if we have uneven numbers. I did not mean to sound mean, I said that for the people who have PM'd me saying they can go but are on on the list in the OP. It was in case there was an error on my behalf and I happened to miss their name. Obviously I can't control everyone who is coming, the world and I am not perfect. Of course I will add people in and take then out if needed. Sorry for the miscommunication.
Hey guys. If anyone is interested I have some left over plastics from when I was young. I thought I might bring them to the tourney if anyone wants to buy any of them or trade for MFBs. pm me if your interested or I won't be bothered bringing them.
This is turning into a half plastics tourney Smile Just so you all know this is still a MFB tourney, so you cannot pit your Wolborg against a DarkWolfM145MS (although I dearly hope that know one will be using that in the tourney). You guys can bring your plastics to free battle with if you wish, but in no round will there be a plastic vs plastic, even if both players agree on using plastic beys they cannot for this is MFB only. Sorry about this but I have received a series of PM's asking if we were allowed to use plastics in this tourney. I will keep the sender unnamed.
intrested in those weight disk how much do you want for them
I found about Sunday's weather forecast...there is a chance it might rain :\
Is there going to be shade and protection from rain in the Pavilion for us to play and set the stadiums?

I'll definitely bring an umbrella if it happens on Sunday XD
hey, what happens if the pavilion is booked, like what happened at the team meeting?
Well, we just have to hope it doesn't rain and fin somewhere else to blader. If it is not as busy as at the meeting we could go to the place you all did the plastics tourney.
Yeah lets hope it doesn't rain Tongue_out
If someone has a little tent set up or fly so we can go under that if its a bit drizzly that might be a good thing to bring just in case.
Hmm... I'll see if I can get mine. Good idea RowDog
EDIT: I just ordered a Fang Leone and Beat Lynx! Unfortunately they are not going to be hear in 4 days though Unhappy I am also very interested in the sale dimsum2u has on at the moment. Red Mercury Anubis Brave Ver only $21! Down from $50!
(Sep. 21, 2011  10:08 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: Hmm... I'll see if I can get mine. Good idea RowDog
EDIT: I just ordered a Fang Leone and Beat Lynx! Unfortunately they are not going to be hear in 4 days though Unhappy I am also very interested in the sale dimsum2u has on at the moment. Red Mercury Anubis Brave Ver only $21! Down from $50!

how much did you pay for the beat lynx? is it new? was going to buy one but the seller ran out of stock Unhappy
It was $36 NIP only opened to see the content free shipping worldwide and 100% refund on defective product. Pretty sweet huh? I can send you the link if you want.
hey you know when i said i could get stuff like accessories for other people? turns out i cant, because i dont have much cash on me...
(Sep. 21, 2011  1:07 PM)phoenixboii Wrote: hey you know when i said i could get stuff like accessories for other people? turns out i cant, because i dont have much cash on me...

...... Sad..... XD , anywho, weather wise + pavilion, I think I'll go there a lot Earlier just to book the place, like an Hour early, but if the usual spot is taken and you don't see any beyblade activity nearby, remember to call SDC with the number at the beginning of this thread, however To the Commander and Generals, I think we're reaching to the point where we're gonna have to have a meeting on finding a Back Up spot / option 2 in where the team can group up.

Just to ask as well, does anyone know if this Sunday is a special day in Perth? any city events? or is there a Holiday for people who work on Monday? as these can give us a clue as to the possible activities in the park and a possible Traffic Jam Lips_sealed
(Sep. 21, 2011  4:14 PM)R0ckBULL Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2011  1:07 PM)phoenixboii Wrote: hey you know when i said i could get stuff like accessories for other people? turns out i cant, because i dont have much cash on me...

...... Sad..... XD , anywho, weather wise + pavilion, I think I'll go there a lot Earlier just to book the place, like an Hour early, but if the usual spot is taken and you don't see any beyblade activity nearby, remember to call SDC with the number at the beginning of this thread, however To the Commander and Generals, I think we're reaching to the point where we're gonna have to have a meeting on finding a Back Up spot / option 2 in where the team can group up.

Just to ask as well, does anyone know if this Sunday is a special day in Perth? any city events? or is there a Holiday for people who work on Monday? as these can give us a clue as to the possible activities in the park and a possible Traffic Jam Lips_sealed
I've been tempted to buy a grip launcher if I could find one but all I could find was the metal masters ones. Nah, I'll wait for Manila to get one... XD

Anywho...I agree that we really do need a plan B place in case the Pavilion is booked. I don't have any suggestions since I've only been in Perth for more than a semester and a half, lol Pinching_eyes_2
Also if it has shade in case it rains...

As long as it's not too far away like Fremantle and I can go easily by bus or train (I only know how to get to Subiaco by train though XD )

Speaking of events I was checking the Kings Park Website and I don't think there are any events in the Pavilion, unless I'm wrong...You can also check by Google on Upcoming Perth Events Smile
Yeah, I have been thinking of coming up with a second meeting spot for a while now, but I'm lazy and never got around to it. Guess I will need to now. It doesn't look like the Pavilion is booked, but I'll make a buckup plan in case. If anything goes wrong, call me on 0434 440 296
I would like to register for the Perth event on the weekend. How do I do this? Sparkie
(Sep. 22, 2011  5:07 AM)sparkie Wrote: I would like to register for the Perth event on the weekend. How do I do this? Sparkie
You just have to wait until SDamonCronous logs in and signs you up...
After that when the tourney comes you have to show up physically at the tourney. Wink
Ok I'll add you to the list Sparkie, but remember if you don't turn up without prior notice there may be consequences.
Thanks - will be there! Sparkie Stupid
(Sep. 21, 2011  12:51 PM)SDamonCronous Wrote: It was $36 NIP only opened to see the content free shipping worldwide and 100% refund on defective product. Pretty sweet huh? I can send you the link if you want.

yeah could you send me the link please?
I know it's a little late but about buying beys in the tourney, I would love to buy an extra R2F or RF from the tourney. I don't want to spend another 12-15AUD for another Pegasis or Galaxy Pegasis if I'm only going to get the RF or R2F, Beyblades are so expensive in Perth XD

Anyway, the sky somewhat looks clear today. Lets hope the sky keeps clear throughout this weekend, since the tourney is only 2 days away...