[Perth, Australia] Put Perth on the Map!

on
Hosted by
  S.D.C
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Lets put Perth on the map! This is the second tourney in Perth, Australia. This tourney is official, it has been approved by the WBO comity. This tournement is open to all bladers in Perth, send me a PM if you want to join. The details are as below:

Date: Sunday 25th September
Time: 1:30-3:30pm
Venue: Variety Pavilion, Kings Park
Format: Round Robin Block Tourney
Fee: There is a $5 entry fee for the tournament to cover the use of the points system and such. You can purchase a Blader Passport for $10, that lets you get into all future tournaments for a year free.
Prizes:
  • 1st Place: $20 worth of Beyblade stuff and a WBO Gold Face
  • 2nd Place: $10 worth of beyblade stuff and a WBO Silver Face
  • 3rd Place: A WBO Bronze Face
All prizes will be paid for by myself, no extra cost.

Attendee's:
  • SDamonCronous
  • Caz
  • R0ckBULL
  • pheonixboii
  • Melvyn900
  • legendunicorn
  • TokyoBoyy
  • darkpheonix111
  • BigBangBladerX1
  • RowDog
  • Fatbob
  • Rookie259
  • Tiger Fury
  • Shwamoffy
  • Waldobaldo
  • Dorian
  • RaiKou
  • Sparkie
  • Dranzer911

If you plan on coming reply to this thread or send me a PM prior to the 23rd of September, any entries after that risk being ignored. Please make sure you can actually come to the tournament before you say you can, I do not want any last minute cancellations. If you do cancel late without a valid reason then there will be consequences (such as being banned from future tournaments).
If you have any questions and queries, please send me a PM or reply to this thread and I will get back to you ASAP
If you have any questions or want to know more then send me a PM or reply to this thread. You can also contact me on 0434 440 296

Hope to see you all there!

-SDamonCronous
1st General of Team Omega Nova

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

AFAIK, Single Elimination has never been used before in WBO tournaments. Even Double Elimination is allowed only if you have 30+ participants. You must do Round Robin or Block Round Robin.
Yeah SDamon (had to get that out because everything seemed pointed at me).
May wanna check the format with kai-v if you haven't already, cos I'm pretty sure BRR is your only option...
I didn't direct it at you , I just quoted your post because it basically said it was knockout so relax Tongue_out
I was also implying that you should use round robin not asking about it LOL travisawesome.

You cannot use single elimination and double elimination should not be used in this circumstance due to the small amount of people defiantly use BRR or RR if you have less then 12 people.
Oh and a passport only lasts a year, not forever as the OP says
(Sep. 01, 2011  11:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh and a passport only lasts a year, not forever as the OP says
That seemed pretty out of the blue.:\ But yeah SDamon you might want to fix that.
Block Round Robin, that is what we are doing. It is the only block tourney in the WBO event guide so it is what we have to do. Sorry about that, I got confused between the BRR and elimination. I read the book really quickly on my way to school so I must have muddled it it. So sorry about that, I'll contact Kai-V about it.
I was wondering why it seemed unfair that some people only got maybe a battle before the tourney was over Confused
Urrggg... This is not going to look good on my profile for my first tourney. I need as many brownie points with Kai-V as possible Smile
Chill man, mistakes happen, and you're doing a helluva lot better than a lot of attempts I've seen lately :p
Ok guys, here's the deal. We need at least 15 people to make the BBR work, so until we reach that number then we will do a normal round robin like last time. We will have 2-3 stadiums going at once to speed up the process so it won't go for as long.
Everyone happy, suggestions?
(Sep. 02, 2011  12:51 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: Ok guys, here's the deal. We need at least 15 people to make the BBR work, so until we reach that number then we will do a normal round robin like last time. We will have 2-3 stadiums going at once to speed up the process so it won't go for as long.
Everyone happy, suggestions?

Hmmmm Fair enough, we have 12 bladers now right? 3 spots to anyone in Perth =D

And with the possibility of a round robin, does that mean.... everyone gets ...11 matches?
You can run BRR with 12 people, by the way. 3 blocks of 4. Even with 13 or whatever, it's totally do-able, just some blocks aren't even. Randomising the places keeps it fair.
I know, I just like to keep stuff even. I'm kinda a perfectionist when it comes to this kinda stuff...
Mmm, well, as long as you can prevent it going as long as mine did, then yeah.
Well, we are starting earlier and have more stadiums so that should help. And at the moment less people.
BTW, I am currently at Preston Beach and am secretly on my dads iPad and 3G. So I may not be on here very much for a few days (this place is so isolated, no wi-fi!). Hope you guys can handle it without me Wink
wait if there are 16 people who can go, then will we be going as block tourney as originally planned? or keep it as block round robin? i mean, theres only about 3 more weeks till the tournament and all...
I wish I could go, all my assignments are not due until mid-October and I live in Perth at the moment.
But the problem is, I'm a girl, I only have 3 MFBeyblades and 1 plastic in my possession since all my other beys are in my home place, and how to get from Curtin University (living there so no car) to Variety Pavilion, Kings Park.
I could go by going through the 72/75 bus to the city and then take another bus that goes to Kings Park.

By the way, what street is it in? So I can check transperth for bus routes Stupid

Then I'll verify if I can come or not Stupid
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:57 PM)Tiger Fury Wrote: I wish I could go, all my assignments are not due until mid-October and I live in Perth at the moment.
But the problem is, I'm a girl, I only have 3 MFBeyblades and 1 plastic in my possession since all my other beys are in my home place, and how to get from Curtin University (living there so no car) to Variety Pavilion, Kings Park.
I could go by going through the 72/75 bus to the city and then take another bus that goes to Kings Park.

By the way, what street is it in? So I can check transperth for bus routes Stupid

1st = Gender Does No Matter Cute

2nd = you can take the 99 to the city / train station to get to wellington station / esplanade station, from there if you wanna get to the spot directly, you might need to take the Perth Tram, unsure if they work on Sunday.

3rd = the street is "Saw Avenue", not kidding, that's how cool it is XD
Yeah, gender doesn't matter. Non of us here are sexist. And yes, the avenue is actually called 'Saw Avenue', kinda creepy but cool Grin
BTW I am back now, so I'll be back online more
what do u mean by that how i mean i really definitely want to go to this block tourney what else can i say Stupid
You defiantly want to go, but can you go? Have your parents said yes? I'll put you down but make sure your parent/guardian can take you.
And guys I noticed in the first Perth Tourney thread everyone posted once a week how excited they were. Don't post about your excitement. We know you are excited and there is no need to post that here, it's just SPAM and I will report any post which only list emotions towards the event.
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:18 AM)R0ckBULL Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:57 PM)Tiger Fury Wrote: I wish I could go, all my assignments are not due until mid-October and I live in Perth at the moment.

2nd = you can take the 99 to the city / train station to get to wellington station / esplanade station, from there if you wanna get to the spot directly, you might need to take the Perth Tram, unsure if they work on Sunday.

3rd = the street is "Saw Avenue", not kidding, that's how cool it is XD
About gender...that's good Pinching_eyes_2

I checked the Transperth site for bus routes from Curtin Bus Station to Saw Ave. I could take my usual 72/75 bus to the city then take the 103 bus, which goes to Fremantle station and I can stop at Thomas St. after Saw Ave.
I've never used the Perth trains before since I'm still new to Perth (only been in Perth for less than a year) so I'll stick to buses XD

So yeah...I can go, don't need my parent's permission or anything since I'm 18, living on campus but I can only bring the beyblades I currently have with me, I have many more but they're not with me Tired
I might try to buy about 2 more before the comp starts but Beyblades are so expensive 12-20AUD Tired

I noticed Saw Ave. is a road full of parks on both sides, which side will you guys be on if I'm coming from Thomas Street?
It will be on the right I think Confused and it will be the place that looks like, well, a pavilion. You'll know it when you see it. Plus there will be a bunch of people there hopefully, and I will try to get there early for once (I know I say that every time but always end up late).
(Sep. 04, 2011  8:42 AM)RowDog Wrote: And guys I noticed in the first Perth Tourney thread everyone posted once a week how excited they were. Don't post about your excitement. We know you are excited and there is no need to post that here, it's just SPAM and I will report any post which only list emotions towards the event.

Dude, it helps build a community feeling, there's a reason I supported it.... Why be such a wet blanket? There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying how excited people are, it builds and multiplies anticipation for the event itself, and helps remind people that it's actually on... Lighten up.

SDC, if the weather is good, you should check out the place we did the plastics tourney, I'm sure one of the guys can show you it. It's a lovely place, just put down a blanket, the ground is relatively flat but you can launch a stamina type to test that (if it doesn't stay in the dead centre of the stadium it's not level), and yeah, park bench. Though, no power points. But there's that cool place to do the finals too.
(Sep. 04, 2011  10:25 AM)Tiger Fury Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:18 AM)R0ckBULL Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:57 PM)Tiger Fury Wrote: But the problem is, I'm a girl
About gender...that's good Pinching_eyes_2
I play Beyblade and I was a girl last I checked. A lot of the girls we have here in NY are really good. Grin