Performance Tip - Volcanic

Quote:==Description==
Volcanic features a tilting, free rotating flat tip with a textured design, akin to a smaller Hold.

Like Hold, the wide surface area of the plate would make Volcanic one of the more aggressive and faster tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows Volcanic to stay on the Tornado Ridge, the free spinning nature and smaller diameter of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels and the tilting aspect of the tip provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium and the Tornado Ridge. 
While the smaller diameter makes it easier to maintain a banking pattern with Volcanic than with Hold, it is still difficult to do so.

Due to Volcanic's design, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Volcanic tips spin more freely than others, the more the tip spins freely, the more stamina it has and the easier it is to control, but at the cost of speed. When like this, Volcanic will not catch on the Tornado Ridge but will instead circle around the center slowly. Once contact has been made with the opponent, the force of impact will make the textured ring contact the stadium creating sudden bursts of acceleration.

Due to the identical mechanism and similar shape, Volcanic also performs well in Spin-Equalization combinations as the free spinning nature and tilting plate of Volcanic allows for excellent Spin-Equalization potential while also granting the procession and Life-After-Death needed to win such match-ups. However, the smaller diameter mitigates Volcanic's Life-After-Death potential.

==Overall==

What's to say? It's a smaller Hold
i still like destroy better but its ok
I am so fascinated by this driver.. the way so many features are packed into a single tip is awesome.
(Apr. 06, 2018  9:24 PM)Limetka Wrote: I am so fascinated by this driver.. the way so many features are packed into a single tip is awesome.

it’s pretty cool.  i’ve never seen a driver shake the stadium so hard while riding the tornado ridge (as part of a heavy combo).

if your opponent also gets to the ridge, volcanic produces a high probability knock out victory.

but while volcanic is tactically peerless in this capacity, it’s a poor strategy for winning consistently overall.

i do think it’s awesome and very fun though.
Is volcanic faster then extreme and worn variable?
I don't think Volcanic is a smaller Hold. It is more like a wobbly freespinning Giga Flat in my opinion. Instead of a small bump in the center it has a big star shaped indent. Volcanic has far less stamina than Hold but it's also a bit faster than Hold from my experience. But I gotta say it's a very interesting and fun Driver in my opinion. I really like it. Smile
What’s the size of it? Fully worn variable size?
(Apr. 08, 2018  1:25 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: What’s the size of it? Fully worn variable size?

Smaller
(May. 08, 2018  11:05 AM)_callumspicer Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2018  1:25 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: What’s the size of it? Fully worn variable size?

Smaller

One word posts are not allowed so you may want to edit that. And volcanic is way taller than worn out variable. Volcanic is meant to be tall
(May. 08, 2018  12:53 PM)Cam77 Wrote:
(May. 08, 2018  11:05 AM)_callumspicer Wrote: Smaller

One word posts are not allowed so you may want to edit that.  And volcanic is way taller than worn out variable. Volcanic is meant to be tall

Oh I thought he meant in diameter not height lmao
Hello! Does volcanic have a spring in it? Why does it bounce soo much? Also what’s the grey thing in the tube that connects to the base?
This driver definitely needs more testing it has a good pattern and high speend plus its also very tall which can increase disk to layer contact has there been any testing done?
Also imo volcanic cant be good for spin equalization because it doesn't have as good pressesion as hold destroy etc
(Mar. 17, 2018  6:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==
Volcanic features a tilting, free rotating flat tip with a textured design, akin to a smaller Hold.

Like Hold, the wide surface area of the plate makes Volcanic one of the more aggressive and faster tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows Volcanic to stay on the Tornado Ridge, the free spinning nature and smaller diameter of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels and the tilting aspect of the tip provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium and the Tornado Ridge. 
While the smaller diameter makes it easier to maintain a banking pattern with Volcanic than with Hold, the pattern still breaks very quickly.

Due to Volcanic's design, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Volcanic tips spin more freely than others, the more the tip spins freely, the more stamina it has and the easier it is to control, but at the cost of speed.

Due to the identical mechanism and similar shape, Volcanic also performs well in Spin-Equalization combinations as the free spinning nature and tilting plate of Volcanic allows for excellent Spin-Equalization potential while also granting the procession and Life-After-Death needed to win such match-ups. However, the smaller diameter mitigates Volcanic's Life-After-Death potential.

Volcanic is slightly taller than most other tips. This height difference would, in theory, increase the rate of Disc-to-Layer contact and Burst the opponent. However, due to the height of most Layers and the minimal difference in height, such contact is rare.

==Overall==
While Volcanic has greater Stamina and greater control than its predecessor Hold, it also lags behind its predecessor in Attack, stability and Life-After-Death. Furthermore, both Volcanic and Hold are heavily outclassed by Destroy.

As such, Volcanic is recommended for collection purposes only.
(May. 16, 2018  6:03 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Mar. 17, 2018  6:06 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: ==Description==

Like Hold, the wide surface area of the plate makes Volcanic one of the more aggressive and faster tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows Volcanic to stay on the Tornado Ridge, the free spinning nature and smaller diameter of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels and the tilting aspect of the tip provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium and the Tornado Ridge. 
While the smaller diameter makes it easier to maintain a banking pattern with Volcanic than with Hold, the pattern still breaks very quickly.

Due to Volcanic's design, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Volcanic tips spin more freely than others, the more the tip spins freely, the more stamina it has and the easier it is to control, but at the cost of speed.

Volcanic is slightly taller than most other tips. This height difference would, in theory, increase the rate of Disc-to-Layer contact and Burst the opponent. However, due to the height of most Layers and the minimal difference in height, such contact is rare.

==Overall==
While Volcanic has greater Stamina and greater control than its predecessor Hold, it also lags behind its predecessor in Attack, stability and Life-After-Death. Furthermore, both Volcanic and Hold are heavily outclassed by Destroy.

As such, Volcanic is recommended for collection purposes only.

From my testing it's too tall to be used in spin stealing, rubber is unable to make contact with standard hieght best. Any reviaire on this basis?
Volcanic is still not top tier though. Drivers like Destroy, Extreme, and even Iron have better attributes.
(May. 16, 2018  10:55 PM)Gabeinator846 Wrote: Volcanic is still not top tier though. Drivers like Destroy, Extreme, and even Iron have better attributes.

Quote:As such, Volcanic is recommended for collection purposes only.
Actually it can spin steal. The difference is only 1 mill or 2. It’s still can make contact with the rubber I have tested